Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Sat May 18, 2019 6:53 am

Curious about the DBs but also where Yamcha goes, to Bulmas or to train with Gohan? Or do they all go to Bulmas. Ironocally I bet they don't tell us and there's a time skip lol.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 5:24 pm

I liked how the last main chapter ended... I mean I did not imagined that Bra would be Babidi's last resort and I willing to see how this will turn out to be.

About this new special... I don't get it... It starts with Coola killing Freeza for reasons? And why is Goku absent? Son Gohan helping Bulma... I really don't know what they are trying to do.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:24 pm About this new special... I don't get it... It starts with Coola killing Freeza for reasons? And why is Goku absent? Son Gohan helping Bulma... I really don't know what they are trying to do.
It's the backstory of the U9 Dragon Team, the one with Kuririn Roshi, Cyborg Yamcha, and Z-Sword Videl. The divergence happens when Coola decides to destroy Goku's space pod instead of leaving it alone like in the main timeline. This prompts Freeza to throw a tantrum about Coola being in his territory, which prompts Coola to kill him and take over said territory. Since Goku's dead, he's not around to be adopted by Gohan and kill him by accidentally looking at the full moon. It's because of this that U9 Kuririn could recognize Coola and Vegeta in the main series, but not Goku and Freeza.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:24 pmAnd why is Goku absent?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 19, 2019 12:13 am

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 pm It's the backstory of the U9 Dragon Team, the one with Kuririn Roshi, Cyborg Yamcha, and Z-Sword Videl. The divergence happens when Coola decides to destroy Goku's space pod instead of leaving it alone like in the main timeline. This prompts Freeza to throw a tantrum about Coola being in his territory, which prompts Coola to kill him and take over said territory. Since Goku's dead, he's not around to be adopted by Gohan and kill him by accidentally looking at the full moon. It's because of this that U9 Kuririn could recognize Coola and Vegeta in the main series, but not Goku and Freeza.
Oh, I get it now! Thanks for explaining those! :thumbup:

But, I don't know... I don't feel much like Coola would kill Freeza in the "original" story, I always thought their relationship was somewhat bad, but he cared enough to chase the Saiyan who killed his brother. Maybe not for affection and yes for their family pride, but yea... Still something.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sun May 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Noah wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:13 am
TheOverlyMadHatter wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 pm It's the backstory of the U9 Dragon Team, the one with Kuririn Roshi, Cyborg Yamcha, and Z-Sword Videl. The divergence happens when Coola decides to destroy Goku's space pod instead of leaving it alone like in the main timeline. This prompts Freeza to throw a tantrum about Coola being in his territory, which prompts Coola to kill him and take over said territory. Since Goku's dead, he's not around to be adopted by Gohan and kill him by accidentally looking at the full moon. It's because of this that U9 Kuririn could recognize Coola and Vegeta in the main series, but not Goku and Freeza.
Oh, I get it now! Thanks for explaining those! :thumbup:

But, I don't know... I don't feel much like Coola would kill Freeza in the "original" story, I always thought their relationship was somewhat bad, but he cared enough to chase the Saiyan who killed his brother. Maybe not for affection and yes for their family pride, but yea... Still something.
No problem. :thumbup:

As for Coola killing his brother, well, I might come off like an apologist, but it is shown in another special that his motivations are a little different from the one in the original movie (since the movies don't fit into the main timeline, DBM took the opportunity to alter their events ever so slightly to make them fit their story, and throw in a few character changes for good measure). He wanted to usurp King Cold once he felt he was strong enough to rival his father's final form. As such, DBM Coola killing Freeza and leaving no witnesses when the opportunity presented itself isn't much of a stretch, in my opinion.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 19, 2019 5:10 pm

I get the specials are to tide us over while the main story is made but a mini comic taking place of the filler side story after ending on a cliffhanger is starting to take the piss a little bit honestly.

I really wish they went chapter at a time.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:57 am

Does Cell exist in this universe without Goku?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Tue May 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:57 am Does Cell exist in this universe without Goku?
Unlikely; Gero built Cell in rage and vengeance over Goku wiping out the Red Ribbon army. Without Goku, there's no Vegeta or Frieza cells on earth, so if there IS a Cell, it would be far weaker and just based on the human fighters and maybe demon Piccolo.

I suppose that would be an interesting concept to explore, though; a variant of Cell that challenges the humans on relatively equal terms.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm

The bigger problem is the Androids. They would wreck any Earthling fighter.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Tue May 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm The bigger problem is the Androids. They would wreck any Earthling fighter.
Well, we do find out pretty early on that U9 Yamcha is their Universe's #17, so maybe we're meant to believe that the Androids are on the good side as far as this world is concerned. We know that Coola eventually encounters the Earthlings, as is alluded to in the main comic, so maybe they somehow form an alliance with Dr. Gero in order to fight back. People have said that it could also be to combat King Piccolo, but unless Gero rushed his production compared to the prime universe for some reason, it's a little soon for him to be building his 17th Cyborg. This special will probably answer all of this, though.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu May 23, 2019 8:25 am

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:51 pm
Marco Polo wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm The bigger problem is the Androids. They would wreck any Earthling fighter.
Well, we do find out pretty early on that U9 Yamcha is their Universe's #17, so maybe we're meant to believe that the Androids are on the good side as far as this world is concerned. We know that Coola eventually encounters the Earthlings, as is alluded to in the main comic, so maybe they somehow form an alliance with Dr. Gero in order to fight back. People have said that it could also be to combat King Piccolo, but unless Gero rushed his production compared to the prime universe for some reason, it's a little soon for him to be building his 17th Cyborg. This special will probably answer all of this, though.
Gohan, Yamcha, Ten and Chaozu can all get stronger eventually than post-water Goku and that's the level to beat the entire red ribbon army.

Maybe Gohan and Yamcha do it together and that's when Gero captures Yamcha as vengance.

A cool idea would be Yamcha is owning the others untill Bulma restores his memory with the DB's or something.

I like the idea of the human universe beating threats with skill and smarts due to lack of SS power...

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 26, 2019 3:35 pm

DBM has gotten cameo heavy, but I would have quite liked it if these two kids were Krillin's students. Definite Deep Cut.

Then again...I think looking at both images, it might be deep cuts. If one of Krillin's students is in fact Peter, The girl might be:

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun May 26, 2019 6:54 pm

I always liked how Toriyama uses the same archetypes over and over. Sassy girl who probably uses some weaponry, campy effeminate guy with eyeshadow (probably an antagonist), awkward male love interest for her who probably frowns and sweats around anything sexual, etc.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon May 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:44 pm Image
Oh... Oh.... Oh no, those faces...

Also, I feel like we skipped over a lot...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:44 pm Image
:wtf:

Kill it with fire!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:51 pm

It's like the art gets worst every time I step into this thread.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:01 pm

Dang, how much longer is this gonna go on with no one posting anything :lol: ?

There ya go!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:57 am

After the last few pages, you're surprised people aren't eager to see what's next? lol