Vados destroying planets

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Vados destroying planets

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 pm

In the beginning of the U6 arc, when Champa and Vados are looking for the Super Dragonballs, they destroy several planets where they don't find any (because... reasons, I guess).

But my question is how did Vados do it? When we see the scene she doesn't appear to be using any kind of physical or ki attack, she just taps her staff down (on nothing as they're in space) and the planet spontaneously explodes.

What kind of technique is this?

Is it ever explained or given any further detail anywhere?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Vados destroying planets

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat May 11, 2019 2:49 pm

She probably can use “hakai”. I assume the angels are the ones that teach the Gods how to use that technique in the first place.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Aren't Angels supposed to be neutral? That scene has been irking me.
I mean technically it was under Champa's orders, but yeah..

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:49 pm She probably can use “hakai”. I assume the angels are the ones that teach the Gods how to use that technique in the first place.

If that were the case, the planet would have disintegrated in purple energy, not exploded.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm

The effect is not consistent. Try to check some instances in which Beerus destroys a planet. It’s similar.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun May 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Probably just some of that particle manipulation that we've seen the Angels perform. They're essentially the cosmic entities of the DB reality so they can just use any number of powers that such excessively powerful beings can pull out of their butt.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm The effect is not consistent. Try to check some instances in which Beerus destroys a planet. It’s similar.
We never saw Beerus use hakai on a planet. He destroyed them with normal ki attacks.