"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun May 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Ah, I had forgotten about the Gogeta Xeno vs Omega Match. Yeah, that would explain why not fuse again to fight Fin.

Speaking of, either the whole thing just lasted 10 minutes or Fin somehow gave GT Gogeta more time to work with.

Also, the union attack between the Xenos is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/JscF6fQ1OYvy5PT/sta ... 67968?s=19

Did they updated the models? They look much better.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun May 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:16 pm Ah, I had forgotten about the Gogeta Xeno vs Omega Match. Yeah, that would explain why not fuse again to fight Fin.

Speaking of, either the whole thing just lasted 10 minutes or Fin somehow gave GT Gogeta more time to work with.

nah just made them fit better for cinematic finishes like that one

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun May 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:16 pm Ah, I had forgotten about the Gogeta Xeno vs Omega Match. Yeah, that would explain why not fuse again to fight Fin.

HOLY that Ultimate looks great!!! Damn what a contrast to SSJ4 GT Gohan where Goku berates him instead for almost blowing up the planet lol.

And yeah the models do look more polished, especially XGoku's.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 12, 2019 10:37 pm

the recent chapters are much better although many are confused with metal cooler now, becouse exist golden cooler ...
but finally my main complaint is that everything related to universe 6 was totally unnecessary and the team did nothing we could leave with the main fight with jiren and zamasu or goku UI vs Tsufuru siblings.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:29 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:37 pm the recent chapters are much better although many are confused with metal cooler now, becouse exist golden cooler ...
but finally my main complaint is that everything related to universe 6 was totally unnecessary and the team did nothing we could leave with the main fight with jiren and zamasu or goku UI vs Tsufuru siblings.
Its not that hard to work out the meta cooler, he pursued fu. It's likely Fu beat him and turned him into a cyborg. That or alternative timelines.

And Universe 6 was necessary for the plot. They are harvesting energy from the different universes. They just beat pretty much everyone other than Hit and Cabba before we got there.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon May 13, 2019 5:19 am

Hi guys, I don't come here that often anymore, but if anyone wants to give my lists a view, here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I'm posting it because I am now completely unsure if I have everything correct, heck I literally just found out that Gohan: Xeno has Super Saiyan 3 and 4. So if anyone wants to go through and check if I'm missing some cards (or even in-game models without cards) and if the names are correct, that would be pretty cool.

Please PM me because I probably won't be checking the thread for too long. Cheers!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 am

Just thought of something.

When Majin Ozotto was introduced back in his own game, he was defeated by pre-cell Z fighters in universe 7.

Here, he seems to be

A. From another universe assuming his appearance isn't down to hopping from U7 to where he is now, which means he can cross dimensions.

B. Since he is hunting Lagss, I can only assume he is confidant he can fight her. That would an exponential increase in power compared to his debut, possibly comparable to the old broly/new broly difference, assuming Majin Ozotto isn't pulling a 'superman's strength means nothing in the face of magic.'

Wonder if his transformation will play into this...

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:44 am Just thought of something.

When Majin Ozotto was introduced back in his own game, he was defeated by pre-cell Z fighters in universe 7.

Here, he seems to be

A. From another universe assuming his appearance isn't down to hopping from U7 to where he is now, which means he can cross dimensions.

B. Since he is hunting Lagss, I can only assume he is confidant he can fight her. That would an exponential increase in power compared to his debut, possibly comparable to the old broly/new broly difference, assuming Majin Ozotto isn't pulling a 'superman's strength means nothing in the face of magic.'

I haven't had gone into a deep research on Ozotto, but I definitely like him. However, to me he seems a bit, well, too much boring in terms of character. I can be wrong and please correct me if I am, but he gives off that aura that he simply exists. If he was to be redone, then a good retcon of his character would be greately appreciated by me. Make him something more than a generic villain. He could be suitable for a role similar to that of Garou from One Punch Man.
P O W E R

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 13, 2019 10:54 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:03 am

Here, he seems to be

I haven't had gone into a deep research on Ozotto, but I definitely like him. However, to me he seems a bit, well, too much boring in terms of character. I can be wrong and please correct me if I am, but he gives off that aura that he simply exists. If he was to be redone, then a good retcon of his character would be greately appreciated by me. Make him something more than a generic villain. He could be suitable for a role similar to that of Garou from One Punch Man.
I think it's less he's generic and more he's trying to be a mysterious character, which falls into the pitfall of making the character so 'mysterious' that you can't really get a read on their personality. His sentences are short, vauge and loaded with 'I'm hiding something!'. Still abd, but a different problem.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Here, he seems to be

The original game never gave him a personality to my knowledge, and he simply hasn't done anything in this game to convey one. He's not able to emote from the way the game lays out interaction either, which hurts him. He could have been interesting in a movie or if the anime gives him an episode. All we know is he apparently talks in a way that makes Vegeta think he's sneaky/shady and untrustworthy.

It's funny as well because this is the best treatment his character has had since 1994. Sad in some ways but I'm happy he's even shown up anywhere else.

His whole mimicry, shapeshifting, portals, 'super monster' title, and the planet eating makes me feel he's some sort of magical being. Played right, he could be dragonballs own Galactus or Dormammu, but I dont see that happening.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon May 13, 2019 3:04 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Here, he seems to be

The original game never gave him a personality to my knowledge, and he simply hasn't done anything in this game to convey one. He's not able to emote from the way the game lays out interaction either, which hurts him. He could have been interesting in a movie or if the anime gives him an episode. All we know is he apparently talks in a way that makes Vegeta think he's sneaky/shady and untrustworthy.

It's funny as well because this is the best treatment his character has had since 1994. Sad in some ways but I'm happy he's even shown up anywhere else.

His whole mimicry, shapeshifting, portals, 'super monster' title, and the planet eating makes me feel he's some sort of magical being. Played right, he could be dragonballs own Galactus or Dormammu, but I dont see that happening.
Don't forget he can also sense Dragon Balls just like a particular someone in the current saga of the Dragon Ball Super manga but I believe Majin ozotto

Majin Ozotto is a real cool character with a terrifying design (i wish) he'd appear as a canonical character soon since they've already opened the doors for that sort of realm (with Broly now being a thing)

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:29 am
Tai Lung wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:37 pm the recent chapters are much better although many are confused with metal cooler now, becouse exist golden cooler ...
Its not that hard to work out the meta cooler, he pursued fu. It's likely Fu beat him and turned him into a cyborg. That or alternative timelines.

And Universe 6 was necessary for the plot. They are harvesting energy from the different universes. They just beat pretty much everyone other than Hit and Cabba before we got there.

well .. that would be the obvious is another cooler of another time line but of all fomas I do not see the case have 2 versions of cooler

it feels like a very poor participation and in the version of the anime it seems irrelevant because is a very little fighting ... unlike vegeta and trunks vs tsufuru siblings .. the U6 feels unnecessary, at least jiren have a battle more " justifiable "with zamasu where this applies best.
in the version of the manga has a bit more sense this because at least hit and kefla fight against zamasu but for both versions cabba also feels out of place

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am

Tai Lung wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:29 am

well .. that would be the obvious is another cooler of another time line but of all fomas I do not see the case have 2 versions of cooler

it feels like a very poor participation and in the version of the anime it seems irrelevant because is a very little fighting ... unlike vegeta and trunks vs tsufuru siblings .. the U6 feels unnecessary, at least jiren have a battle more " justifiable "with zamasu where this applies best.
in the version of the manga has a bit more sense this because at least hit and kefla fight against zamasu but for both versions cabba also feels out of place
Well, no because this Cooler is in his custody, going off the monitors.

And we've already had discussions that this 10 minutes per week promo anime isn't adapting the games fully, skipping bojack, majin ozottor, hatchiyack, the ghost warriors. We just get the 'big' fights. U6 is still a part of the overall plot and it ties into the Oren and Kamin backstory. It's there to give them history whilst also milking a little nostalgia of Baby.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 am

Ozzotto is great just by virtue of giving us multiple players on the board.

We haven't really seen this since like Kuririn-Vegeta-Freeza on Namek or Cell-Androids-Dragon Team (and there the androids were just dicking around)

We currently have Time Patrol > Good dudes from Super > core area warriors > Ozzotto > Fuu (I get the impression he doesn't care about the core warriors goals) > Maybe cooler unless fuus subordinated him

That's like a 4 to 6 way conflict which is cool.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 amFuu (I get the impression he doesn't care about the core warriors goals) > Maybe cooler unless fuus subordinated him
I mean, the preview text for the next Heroes episode talks about Metal Cooler VS Cumber, so I don't think Fuu's on their side
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 amFuu (I get the impression he doesn't care about the core warriors goals) > Maybe cooler unless fuus subordinated him
I mean, the preview text for the next Heroes episode talks about Metal Cooler VS Cumber, so I don't think Fuu's on their side
Baring in mind he was keeping the prisoner as well

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:22 am Ozzotto is great just by virtue of giving us multiple players on the board.

We haven't really seen this since like Kuririn-Vegeta-Freeza on Namek or Cell-Androids-Dragon Team (and there the androids were just dicking around)

We currently have Time Patrol > Good dudes from Super > core area warriors > Ozzotto > Fuu (I get the impression he doesn't care about the core warriors goals) > Maybe cooler unless fuus subordinated him

That's like a 4 to 6 way conflict which is cool.
See that's something I feel Super is honestly missing. Storys are now very 'here is the enemy, beat it.' Before hand we had the mystery around Cell, the 'who gets the prize first' on namek.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm
Did he imprison them and make prison planet or did he just come along and start fucking with it. I kinda got the impression probably wrongly that he built the prison around them and pulled people in to trash the place and free them to experiment and gather energy.

Weird to think Fuu would be stronger than all of them when in XV2 he's not that tough as I recall.

Whereas even glass girl can fuck up ui omen and hearts is beyond that presumably...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm See that's something I feel Super is honestly missing. Storys are now very 'here is the enemy, beat it.' Before hand we had the mystery around Cell, the 'who gets the prize first' on namek.
To be fair, there was the mystery surrounding Goku Black and Zamasu. I remember those evil Goten or future deranged Goku theories lmao.

I don't know if this has been conveyed very well in my translations, but Ozotto is a person with a very terrifying appearance and sinister personality, yet very formal tongue. Kind of like Freeza and in contrast to Cooler, who's very rude and informal. He uses a lot of keigo and polite sentence structure. It would be interesting to see him animated, and I think a lot of ppl who enjoy archetypes similar to those of Freeza would also like Ozotto.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue May 14, 2019 11:30 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Did he imprison them and make prison planet or did he just come along and start fucking with it. I kinda got the impression probably wrongly that he built the prison around them and pulled people in to trash the place and free them to experiment and gather energy.

Weird to think Fuu would be stronger than all of them when in XV2 he's not that tough as I recall.

Whereas even glass girl can fuck up ui omen and hearts is beyond that presumably...
I kinda got the impression that Fuu was their leader because he was the one who introduced Cumber and his goal was to cause a rupture on prison planet so the other guys would come out with the whole universe seed thingy with Fuu pulling the strings but now i'm not so sure, haven't played the Xenoverse DLC with him but even if he's not that strong now he must certainly will eventually