"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Mon May 13, 2019 2:18 am

Akamay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:22 pm Given how short Season 2 is when compared to the first one, would there even be any hopes for a Season 3?
People would argue that it'd be better to have FighterZ2, but Xenoverse has been on this "update hell" for a long time now.
If enough people bought the first 2 seasons then a 3rd one is very likely based on how they've handled XV2.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon May 13, 2019 2:19 am

I disagree with people saying they could make up whole movesets just for the sake of having female characters. I think adapting the source material as close as possible is more important than "representation".

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon May 13, 2019 11:31 am

I see all these people talking about Kefla and how she should be added (which i agree don't get me wrong) but everyone is sleeping on Ribrianne..... for real she would seriously be a fun addition to the game and could use some help from the rest of magical girls and magical boys. Hell while i want to get Kefla first, i still have the feeling that Ribrianne's moveset would be a hell one to deal with ; fun, tricky and weird :lol: . I know she's really hated but c'mon :roll:

BTW i asolutely love GT Goku, i know we need more variety but Arcsyst really pulled it off with him as i hoped, and i hear Janemba is the next one from some leak or whatever, is that true?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon May 13, 2019 12:47 pm

^ I'd be fine with either of them. Though more with Kefla who had a more memorable fight against U.I. Goku, but I wouldn't spit on Ribriand.

But to answer your question about Janemba, yeah, it's confirmed.
There was a live stream about news for the Xbox One, and the voice announcing upcoming novelties said we could expect "a Janemba skin for Fighterz". It would obviously not be just a skin but a whole new character, he just used the wrong word.

And then later, the Xbox twitter confirmed it as official.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Mon May 13, 2019 7:14 pm

I wanted Arale

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Janemba has a versatile powerset. He’s a good pick.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 am

Meh, Janemba... I was a big fan of him when I was 13 years old, as that DBZ movie was massive back then and it was heavily advertised in Europe... But after seeing the whole franchise and adding proper sequel in form of Super, I don't really care...
He is actually Kid Buu, his dialogues will be Gyaaaaaah and Kekekekekeke.

But you know, Jiren is kinda bland as well, I never cared about him much, he is horrible and useless in Xenoverse 2, unless for the sake of a roster, BUT I LOVE HIM in FighterZ.
And Janemba have visually interesting attacks and I am actually looking forward to how they will solve his dimensional attacks in FighterZ, as Hit was done pretty good with his time skipping.

Being 30 year old old timer with a tears for nostalgia, if you give me a choice between Kefla and Janemba, man, I go for Janemba all the way.
And it is deserved spot next to the Brolli and Cooler as the favorite movie trio.

How come Ribrianne is such fav character??? I don't get it :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 am How come Ribrianne is such fav character??? I don't get it :)
Oh because her obssesion with "love" is stupid , at least that is why i love her. But if we're talking about the game, it's because she can potentially have a pretty good and weird moveset, her level 3 could be turning into her giant form (having a secret level 3 that could be using the black hole like attack from the magical boys) and we could get a dramatic finish if she fought 18.
ShaggyBlanco wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:14 pm I wanted Arale
Lol if they put Arale in the game, they better make her overpowered with her dumb moves or it won't work. Thought i heard Arcsyst didn't want to add joke characters and Arale being from a gag manga could make this impossible.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue May 14, 2019 10:53 am

I really don't like Janemba as a character. He is like the discount Majin Buu....but he does look awesome and has cool moves so I think he could be a nice DLC character. I just hope that the fact that he has a sword doesn't tempt the developers to make him a Trunks clone.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue May 14, 2019 1:22 pm

What I don't understand is the order of the DLC characters release. We are getting Broly and Gogeta Blue more than six months after the release of the movie (when XV2 got them a week after the western release), the hype is not gonna be totally over of course but I really needed Broly and Gogeta back in january when the movie came out more than I needed Jiren and Videl. If I don't have the money when the DLC comes out, I'll wait for it, but if it came out in january I would've sold my car to buy the DLC.

I needed Jiren a year ago(when he was released for XV2), right now or back then in january I could've happily waited a little more for him so they could prioritize a more recent character. Even if it wasn't Janemba and it was Kefla, why the hell would Kefla be released so late? damn, even Goku base and Vegeta base joining the fight before Jiren was unexpected and weird.

This old school DLCs like GT Goku or Janemba could've been released last and it wouldn't change much: their time to shine was 20 years ago, we can wait a couple of months, and they are clearly filling empty slots.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:23 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 am Meh, Janemba... I was a big fan of him when I was 13 years old, as that DBZ movie was massive back then and it was heavily advertised in Europe... But after seeing the whole franchise and adding proper sequel in form of Super, I don't really care...
He is actually Kid Buu, his dialogues will be Gyaaaaaah and Kekekekekeke.

But you know, Jiren is kinda bland as well, I never cared about him much, he is horrible and useless in Xenoverse 2, unless for the sake of a roster, BUT I LOVE HIM in FighterZ.
And Janemba have visually interesting attacks and I am actually looking forward to how they will solve his dimensional attacks in FighterZ, as Hit was done pretty good with his time skipping.

Being 30 year old old timer with a tears for nostalgia, if you give me a choice between Kefla and Janemba, man, I go for Janemba all the way.
And it is deserved spot next to the Brolli and Cooler as the favorite movie trio.

How come Ribrianne is such fav character??? I don't get it :)
I suspect Janemba's dimension attacks will work like V-13's drive in Blazblue, or Gargos' specials in the killer instinct reboot

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue May 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:22 pm What I don't understand is the order of the DLC characters release. We are getting Broly and Gogeta Blue more than six months after the release of the movie (when XV2 got them a week after the western release), the hype is not gonna be totally over of course but I really needed Broly and Gogeta back in january when the movie came out more than I needed Jiren and Videl. If I don't have the money when the DLC comes out, I'll wait for it, but if it came out in january I would've sold my car to buy the DLC.

I needed Jiren a year ago(when he was released for XV2), right now or back then in january I could've happily waited a little more for him so they could prioritize a more recent character. Even if it wasn't Janemba and it was Kefla, why the hell would Kefla be released so late? damn, even Goku base and Vegeta base joining the fight before Jiren was unexpected and weird.

This old school DLCs like GT Goku or Janemba could've been released last and it wouldn't change much: their time to shine was 20 years ago, we can wait a couple of months, and they are clearly filling empty slots.
They start working on them when there's a source to base them off on. A year before Jiren's release, ToP was still going on. Beggining of this year, Broly movie just came out. They can't make full fledged "shot for shot" characters in few weeks.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:05 am

mute_proxy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:59 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:22 pm What I don't understand is the order of the DLC characters release. We are getting Broly and Gogeta Blue more than six months after the release of the movie (when XV2 got them a week after the western release), the hype is not gonna be totally over of course but I really needed Broly and Gogeta back in january when the movie came out more than I needed Jiren and Videl. If I don't have the money when the DLC comes out, I'll wait for it, but if it came out in january I would've sold my car to buy the DLC.

They start working on them when there's a source to base them off on. A year before Jiren's release, ToP was still going on. Beggining of this year, Broly movie just came out. They can't make full fledged "shot for shot" characters in few weeks.
Implying we know their development time is that short? Source please, because that's one hell of a workforce size for one character

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 am

mute_proxy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:59 pm

We know that the ArcSys development time on characters is long because of their unique techniques, but it is common when you work on an IP, that you get the stuff early, so you can work on it early and match the corresponding other works as crosspromotion.
With FighterZ, we have this issue mostly because of Season 2 not being planned at all, but because of the consumers' and fans' support, they had to introduce it, because the sequel is not or was not probably planned and this way they can continue with selling content.
That is why the schedule is such dispersed.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat May 18, 2019 1:23 am

mute_proxy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:19 am I disagree with people saying they could make up whole movesets just for the sake of having female characters. I think adapting the source material as close as possible is more important than "representation".
You say that but I still want that "what if" story where the Soul possesses Bulma and gives that ability the fight along side the others.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:12 am

mute_proxy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:19 am I disagree with people saying they could make up whole movesets just for the sake of having female characters. I think adapting the source material as close as possible is more important than "representation".
TBF we probably have a good amount of females to balance the roster if you really pushed it, you might need to add a few basic attacks but really thats it. Across media thered be a decent amount for a lot of characters, in descending order (roughly)

Zangya
Ribrianne
Kefla
Pan
Kakunsa
Launch
Future Mai
Heles
Cocotto
Monna
Hop

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:48 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:12 am
TBF we probably have a good amount of females to balance the roster if you really pushed it, you might need to add a few basic attacks but really thats it. Across media thered be a decent amount for a lot of characters, in descending order (roughly)

Zangya
Ribrianne
Kefla
Pan
Kakunsa
Launch
Future Mai
Heles
Cocotto
Monna
Hop
Those last four are a definite stretch but the rest I could see.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:12 am TBF we probably have a good amount of females to balance the roster if you really pushed it, you might need to add a few basic attacks but really thats it. Across media thered be a decent amount for a lot of characters, in descending order (roughly)

Zangya
Ribrianne
Kefla
Pan
Kakunsa
Launch
Future Mai
Heles
Cocotto
Monna
Hop
Lunch is more of a stretch than Chi-Chi I feel.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Jord wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:53 amImage
There some interesting bits to note about these alts:

2. Is 21st Tenkaichi Budokai Goku.
3. Reminds me of the famous fan art that inspired Xeno Goku.
4. Seems a bit like EoZ Goku.
5. It seems like AF Goku, but I might be pushing.
6. Reminds me of Orin Temple Krillin.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm

^ A certain number of alternate costumes even beyond N°2 actually refer to something.
So there would be a lot to say about a bunch of color palettes for a lot of characters.

There was a thread back then that explored what the second alternate was based on, but it could actually have been expanded to even include more colors sometimes on certain characters.