"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 12, 2019 5:16 pm

I like that Boo has finally got some spotlight. Even tough I am starting to hate this sleeping habit of his they gave him in Super (simmilar to Goku's new catchphrase ''just a little bit'' which should have a new theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0.
Him not participating in ToP just for a comic relief kinda pissed me off.

And I like that Super actually continues :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:09 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:30 pm
Bullza wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:14 pm I just hope they move away from Namek soon. It's a very bland environment, one of the worst things about the whole Namek/Frieza saga actually.

Either go back to Earth or go somewhere else.
Environments have never been a strong point for the franchise.
Dragonball says hi.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon May 13, 2019 2:02 am

Toyotaro have definitely drawn some great backgrounds as shown in the heist chapter which sucks that most of this arc is stuck on Namek when he is much more capable than this.

Really looking forward to see Buu on action which is quite refreshing to see him on action and not resting yet.
Mostly active on discord.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 am

Chapter 48 Ryokutya monthly "leak"/opinion :
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/19991

Rough translation:

Cipher Translation:
https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 9163970561

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Liquir wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 am Chapter 48 Ryokutya monthly "leak"/opinion :

Rough translation:

Cipher Translation:
If they’re suggesting that this Arc may be over soon.. Well, sorry, but i’m not buying that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 16, 2019 2:01 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 pmIf they’re suggesting that this Arc may be over soon.. Well, sorry, but i’m not buying that.
The Black arc could've been a lot longer than it was so don't be surprised if things just end on Namek.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:01 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:41 pmIf they’re suggesting that this Arc may be over soon.. Well, sorry, but i’m not buying that.
The Black arc could've been a lot longer than it was so don't be surprised if things just end on Namek.
How could it be longer? Once they discovered who Black really was and the zero ningen plan all that was left is to defeat them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Nokra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pmHow could it be longer?
They could've visited U10 and met the destroyer of that universe. They could've introduced some fighters from there to help out. The events could've (and should've) moved from Trunks' timeline to U10.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu May 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Considering that these leaks are sort of interpretations or opinions about the chapter, I hope that this statement about the Moro arc is ending are just impressions of the reader, and that it is not as short as it seems.

I believe Moro is a villain who has a lot of potential to be a threat to Goku and Vegeta, as he has shown in previous chapters, especially if he gets his youth.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 pm
Nokra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pmHow could it be longer?
They could've visited U10 and met the destroyer of that universe. They could've introduced some fighters from there to help out. The events could've (and should've) moved from Trunks' timeline to U10.
Why? All that was happening was in the future where the gods are dead. In the present, Beerus already killed Zamasu.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:16 pm Considering that these leaks are sort of interpretations or opinions about the chapter, I hope that this statement about the Moro arc is ending are just impressions of the reader, and that it is not as short as it seems.

I believe Moro is a villain who has a lot of potential to be a threat to Goku and Vegeta, as he has shown in previous chapters, especially if he gets his youth.
He’s only a threat because Goku and Vegeta were morons. They were literally told that Moro sucks energy from people and then they proceeded to be shock that he drain their energy. Then they let him eat the energy ball.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm

HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:16 pm Considering that these leaks are sort of interpretations or opinions about the chapter, I hope that this statement about the Moro arc is ending are just impressions of the reader, and that it is not as short as it seems.

He’s only a threat because Goku and Vegeta were morons. They were literally told that Moro sucks energy from people and then they proceeded to be shock that he drain their energy. Then they let him eat the energy ball.
Dumb actions of the heroes that culminate in the evolution of the enemy to the point where he becomes almost invincible is normal in DB. We saw this clearly in Cell and Boo saga.

But my point is that Moro has the potential to reach a level of power that can really threaten Goku and Vegeta. In his decrepit state using magic he was able to face SSG Vegeta and continues to get stronger. If he gets his youth, he can really threaten not just the two Saiyans, but maybe even the Gods (which I think would be interesting).
What I'm saying is that it's strange if the saga ends so quickly, considering that Moro is not a villain with no ability to evolve or face the heroes. Unless this is only an introduction to an even greater threat

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 pm

HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 pmWhy?
Why not ? Why not have another Namek or Cell arc where multiple things are happening leading to an epic conclusion ?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm
HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 pm

Dumb actions of the heroes that culminate in the evolution of the enemy to the point where he becomes almost invincible is normal in DB. We saw this clearly in Cell and Boo saga.

But my point is that Moro has the potential to reach a level of power that can really threaten Goku and Vegeta. In his decrepit state using magic he was able to face SSG Vegeta and continues to get stronger. If he gets his youth, he can really threaten not just the two Saiyans, but maybe even the Gods (which I think would be interesting).
What I'm saying is that it's strange if the saga ends so quickly, considering that Moro is not a villain with no ability to evolve or face the heroes. Unless this is only an introduction to an even greater threat
Yes, but Super for the most part have move away from keeping the story going because the heroes were morons. Especially since both Goku and Vegeta were OOC dumb since why were they shocked that Moro took their energy, when they were literally told not even a few hours ago that's exactly what he did. That and dumb actions to keep a story going was a story flaw of both the Cell and Buu Saga.

Moro hasn't been decrepit since after he took Goku and Vegeta's energy. I also doubt he could threatened the gods outside of the Supreme Kai, whose fodder at this point anyway.

Moro evolving depends on the heroes acting even dumber than they've already have and Moro knowing the language of Namek. Although that last part wouldn't shock me since he magically sense Dragon Balls in the previous chapter with no foreshadowing.
sintzu wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 pm
HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 pmWhy?
Why not ? Why not have another Namek or Cell arc where multiple things are happening leading to an epic conclusion ?

Cell Saga should have ended long before it did, but was kept going with because characters kept making bad decision or outright had their personality changed to fit the moment.

And the Future Trunks Saga wasn't like Namek, which mostly happened with the Dragon Ball hunt. In the Future Trunks Saga, the bad guy has all but won before the heroes did anything.
Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 am

HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pmCell Saga should have ended long before it did.
Same thing with the Black arc. They had such a small story that they had to actually reuse plot points muliple times within the same arc just to stretch it out. That's of course not counting all the scenes wasted with Pilaf.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 am

sintzu wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 am
HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pmCell Saga should have ended long before it did.
Same thing with the Black arc. They had such a small story that they had to actually reuse plot points muliple times within the same arc just to stretch it out. That's of course not counting all the scenes wasted with Pilaf.

The only time the Future Trunks Saga could have ended earlier is if Goku took his first fight with Black seriously in the anime and even then they would still have to deal with an immortal Zamasu who could probably still merged with the multi-verse if they destroy his body. Even them sealing Zamasu with the Evil Containment Wave if Goku and Roshi didn't forget the seal wouldn't have stopped Black and him unsealing his comrade.

And Pilaf wasted a few minutes compared to an entire episode.
Kanassa wrote:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 am

Seeing how the arc might come to an end shortly, I have a wild idea to present to you. Many in our fanbase would like to see the Demon Realm becoming Canon. That is also the case with me.

So, assuming that Moro might not be the main villain of this arc, could it be that his actions will lead up to the real enemy? Similarly to Babidi's less active role and Dabura's actions back in the Buu Saga.

So my wild guess would be that even if Moro returned to his Prime and had an amazing battle with the Saiyan duo, he would be brought down eventually, but with his evil nature he would probably try to "take everything with him to hell" because of his defeat.

So, unleashing his energy to create a dimensional anomaly between the Universe and the Demon Realm (as he should be aware that the beings of the Demon Realm share his hate towards the gods), could be a possibility. Our heroes wouldn't probably understand anything and they would return to earth, only for some months to pass and Elder Kai to inform them about what is truly happening because of Moro's final action.

This could be a good way to introduce the Demon Realm, the Makaioshins and the Makaios and of course some new opponents on top of those that we might already know from various other media. Vegeta and Goku would fight, I can see Buu joining and even Gohan going all out. The best thing would be, of course, for Broly to join as well.

There is my idea, was it good? Was it bad? I just love to make assumptions and "what-if"s with the DB timelines. :D
P O W E R

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:42 am

Does anyone else think the Moro saga could have the perfect opportunity for Piccolo to be relevant again?
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri May 17, 2019 11:47 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 am Seeing how the arc might come to an end shortly, I have a wild idea to present to you. Many in our fanbase would like to see the Demon Realm becoming Canon. That is also the case with me.

So, assuming that Moro might not be the main villain of this arc, could it be that his actions will lead up to the real enemy? Similarly to Babidi's less active role and Dabura's actions back in the Buu Saga.

So my wild guess would be that even if Moro returned to his Prime and had an amazing battle with the Saiyan duo, he would be brought down eventually, but with his evil nature he would probably try to "take everything with him to hell" because of his defeat.

So, unleashing his energy to create a dimensional anomaly between the Universe and the Demon Realm (as he should be aware that the beings of the Demon Realm share his hate towards the gods), could be a possibility. Our heroes wouldn't probably understand anything and they would return to earth, only for some months to pass and Elder Kai to inform them about what is truly happening because of Moro's final action.

This could be a good way to introduce the Demon Realm, the Makaioshins and the Makaios and of course some new opponents on top of those that we might already know from various other media. Vegeta and Goku would fight, I can see Buu joining and even Gohan going all out. The best thing would be, of course, for Broly to join as well.

There is my idea, was it good? Was it bad? I just love to make assumptions and "what-if"s with the DB timelines. :D
Gohan will never be relevant again (thankfully). Hes way too weak and bad as a fighter to do anything. 17 is stronger and a better fighter so they should use him since he replaced Gohan in the last arc anyway.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri May 17, 2019 3:22 pm

Liquir wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 am Chapter 48 Ryokutya monthly "leak"/opinion :

Rough translation:

Cipher Translation:
It's already close to the end? Wow! Usually these arcs have several twists and turns before the climax. If it's true, this one sounds like it would be more like the Baba tournament arc than anything. To be fair, the Broly arc seemed very condensed as well.

Chances are this is going to cut any faint hopes of a possible Piccolo role down to virtually nothing, in my opinion. His inactivity is to be expected but with this arc focused on Namek, you would think he might have something to provide, just something! There's probably a better chance of Jaco contributing at this point.