"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm

HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm
HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 pm

He’s only a threat because Goku and Vegeta were morons. They were literally told that Moro sucks energy from people and then they proceeded to be shock that he drain their energy. Then they let him eat the energy ball.
Dumb actions of the heroes that culminate in the evolution of the enemy to the point where he becomes almost invincible is normal in DB. We saw this clearly in Cell and Boo saga.

But my point is that Moro has the potential to reach a level of power that can really threaten Goku and Vegeta. In his decrepit state using magic he was able to face SSG Vegeta and continues to get stronger. If he gets his youth, he can really threaten not just the two Saiyans, but maybe even the Gods (which I think would be interesting).
What I'm saying is that it's strange if the saga ends so quickly, considering that Moro is not a villain with no ability to evolve or face the heroes. Unless this is only an introduction to an even greater threat
Yes, but Super for the most part have move away from keeping the story going because the heroes were morons. Especially since both Goku and Vegeta were OOC dumb since why were they shocked that Moro took their energy, when they were literally told not even a few hours ago that's exactly what he did. That and dumb actions to keep a story going was a story flaw of both the Cell and Buu Saga.

Moro hasn't been decrepit since after he took Goku and Vegeta's energy. I also doubt he could threatened the gods outside of the Supreme Kai, whose fodder at this point anyway.

Moro evolving depends on the heroes acting even dumber than they've already have and Moro knowing the language of Namek. Although that last part wouldn't shock me since he magically sense Dragon Balls in the previous chapter with no foreshadowing.
sintzu wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:20 pm
HeroR wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:57 pmWhy?
Why not ? Why not have another Namek or Cell arc where multiple things are happening leading to an epic conclusion ?

Cell Saga should have ended long before it did, but was kept going with because characters kept making bad decision or outright had their personality changed to fit the moment.

And the Future Trunks Saga wasn't like Namek, which mostly happened with the Dragon Ball hunt. In the Future Trunks Saga, the bad guy has all but won before the heroes did anything.
They did not know that Moro had the ability to steal energy only by being close to enemies or without attacking. They left before Meerus could better explain his abilities.

Yes, he absorbed energy from Goku and Vegeta and got younger, but before that he was already able to face SSG Vegeta with his magic. If he is able to absorb more Ki and regain his youth, his strength can truly threaten the two (not to mention the problem of having stolen energy while fighting).

Well, it was not explained how Moro can feel the Dragon Balls, but we're talking about magic balls, I suppose that's why

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 pm

OK so

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 pm

I'm assuming this is the fake 4 Chan leans like that one a few months back that goku would give moro the namek dragon balls and let him absorb the dragon and then tell him to absorb the earth and super dragon balls

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:05 am

Lionel wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:22 pm
Liquir wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 am Chapter 48 Ryokutya monthly "leak"/opinion :
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/19991

Rough translation:

Cipher Translation:
https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 9163970561
It's already close to the end? Wow! Usually these arcs have several twists and turns before the climax. If it's true, this one sounds like it would be more like the Baba tournament arc than anything. To be fair, the Broly arc seemed very condensed as well.

Chances are this is going to cut any faint hopes of a possible Piccolo role down to virtually nothing, in my opinion. His inactivity is to be expected but with this arc focused on Namek, you would think he might have something to provide, just something! There's probably a better chance of Jaco contributing at this point.
That ship has sailed years ago my friend. I've given up hope ages ago.

Hopefully we get more info soon
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:49 am

louisascommie wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 pm I'm assuming this is the fake 4 Chan leans like that one a few months back that goku would give moro the namek dragon balls and let him absorb the dragon and then tell him to absorb the earth and super dragon balls
No. Its not. This info isn’t even from 4chan. We get this kinda info ever month. Its basically just someone who saw the chapter early expressing his or her opinion of it. And it tends to be legit and not just someone lying.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:08 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:49 amAnd it tends to be legit and not just someone lying.
Actually it "tends" to be the opposite.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 am

New leaks
It seems that Boo cured Goku and Vegeta

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 18, 2019 10:57 am

Based on that it looks like the arc is pretty much over.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat May 18, 2019 11:06 am

Toyotaro is very creative with Boo. :thumbup:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

mfwlegend3 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:08 am
AnimeNation101 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:49 amAnd it tends to be legit and not just someone lying.
Actually it "tends" to be the opposite.
Since when? These ryokutya “leaks” have been correct 100% of the time. 4chan leaks are what tend to be not legit and from someone who’s lying.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat May 18, 2019 11:10 am

If this is the end of the arc that would be really disappointing. It feels like it was just getting started. I mean it is kind of cool that Buu got to do something so significant but it feels like It lacks emotional weight when it’s just Moro can’t use his magic on Buu.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:19 am

This is what sets filler arcs aside from main arcs. Something I like to call the “intermission period”.

That part of every arc where the heroes regroup away from the villain and formulate a game plan. This would usually be when we get training, character interactions, worldbuilding, lore introduction/expansion, and basically more story plot rather than pure action plot.

Of course, Tournament arcs are the expection.

Filler arcs don’t really have the intermission period. Thats what makes them feel like less of a grand adventure and more of a small container dstory taking place over a couple hours. Another thing about filler arcs is that they tend to always stick to one setting with very little movement. In this case, we haven’t really moved from Planet New Namek.

Again, Tournament arcs are the expection.

So, while good, the Moro arc as of now comes off as a filler arc to me atleast.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 18, 2019 11:23 am

An actual creative looking fight? I want to believe what I'm seeing, but this is still Toyo...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat May 18, 2019 11:23 am

Next chapter preview (can someone confirm?):
''Vs Moro! The final Battle in New Namek!''

I suppose Moro ran away. If that's the case, I hope he gets his youth and gets stronger.

It's a bit sad that the arc is ending, but I hope this battle has 2 or 3 more chapters at least

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 11:25 am

Michsi wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:48 am Admittedly, I only pay the barest amount of attention to power scaling, and that only because I do believe there should be some consistency to who can do what and to whom - if characters can just attain certain levels of power willy-nilly whenever the situation calls for it just for the sake of "Fuck YEAH!" moments then tension goes right out the window.
My thoughts exactly. It's like people here like to play the stupid by assuming that every fan that complaints about battle powers are retards that carry their calculators everytime they read/watch anything DB related. When most of cases is as you described.

nato25 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:37 pm Whats the plot hole exactly? Why wouldn't vegeta be able to remember his actions on Namek?
Because he was on New Namek to fight Coola and yet didn't care at all? lol f*ck jk
YamiGoku wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 pm For me, Roshi evading JIren has to be one of the most insulting things this franchise has presented to me, only surpassed by the Resurrection F Arc (Anime), and only because that entire Arc was trash.
Yeah, I don't care how many excuses people make to this one, it just something so unbearable that I lost interest of trying to read Toyo fluffs again.
Nokra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pmHow could it be longer? Once they discovered who Black really was and the zero ningen plan all that was left is to defeat them.
Yeah, like they won't do that if they didn't discovery any jack about the villains. Please, I would rather have Goku and cia to defeat their enemies without wasting time looking for their motivations.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am

Looks awesome. What a time to be alive for all of us Majin Buu fans! :o
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 am New leaks
It seems that Boo cured Goku and Vegeta

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sat May 18, 2019 1:06 pm

Full summary of DBS manga chapter 48:
https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1129793703772426240

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Yeah nevermind. https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1129793703772426240

I dont think next chapter is the end. Could still be but i dont think so as much anymore.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Moro's become a disappointing character

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat May 18, 2019 1:17 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 pm Yeah nevermind. https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1129793703772426240

I dont think next chapter is the end. Could still be but i dont think so as much anymore.
it's not now considering he got his 2 wishes it'll probably go one for 3-6 chapters more and then conclude