"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 15, 2019 12:13 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am
Tai Lung wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:29 am

Its not that hard to work out the meta cooler, he pursued fu. It's likely Fu beat him and turned him into a cyborg. That or alternative timelines.

And Universe 6 was necessary for the plot. They are harvesting energy from the different universes. They just beat pretty much everyone other than Hit and Cabba before we got there.

well .. that would be the obvious is another cooler of another time line but of all fomas I do not see the case have 2 versions of cooler

it feels like a very poor participation and in the version of the anime it seems irrelevant because is a very little fighting ... unlike vegeta and trunks vs tsufuru siblings .. the U6 feels unnecessary, at least jiren have a battle more " justifiable "with zamasu where this applies best.
in the version of the manga has a bit more sense this because at least hit and kefla fight against zamasu but for both versions cabba also feels out of place
Well, no because this Cooler is in his custody, going off the monitors.

And we've already had discussions that this 10 minutes per week promo anime isn't adapting the games fully, skipping bojack, majin ozottor, hatchiyack, the ghost warriors. We just get the 'big' fights. U6 is still a part of the overall plot and it ties into the Oren and Kamin backstory. It's there to give them history whilst also milking a little nostalgia of Baby.
yes but I see the game as the central script but not something complete, the manga and anime as adaptations should complement however the decisions that are made are quite questionable if you can not adapt the script in its entirety just need to summarize the best this if the U6 was not going to have more participation than an episode I do not see it necessary to include it ... it can simply be mentioned ... because it only remains as bad advertising

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 am

Dragotaker wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:30 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Baring in mind he was keeping the prisoner as well
Did he imprison them and make prison planet or did he just come along and start fucking with it. I kinda got the impression probably wrongly that he built the prison around them and pulled people in to trash the place and free them to experiment and gather energy.

Weird to think Fuu would be stronger than all of them when in XV2 he's not that tough as I recall.

Whereas even glass girl can fuck up ui omen and hearts is beyond that presumably...
I kinda got the impression that Fuu was their leader because he was the one who introduced Cumber and his goal was to cause a rupture on prison planet so the other guys would come out with the whole universe seed thingy with Fuu pulling the strings but now i'm not so sure, haven't played the Xenoverse DLC with him but even if he's not that strong now he must certainly will eventually
I mean, the anime is the only version of the story so far that implies Fuu was working with these guys and/or aiming to free them. In the game and Manga he explicitly stated that he made prison planet so that he could gather energy from all the fighters, have fun and cause a second big bang, never mentioning Hearts's crew.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:58 am

Rakurai wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:55 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm See that's something I feel Super is honestly missing. Storys are now very 'here is the enemy, beat it.' Before hand we had the mystery around Cell, the 'who gets the prize first' on namek.
To be fair, there was the mystery surrounding Goku Black and Zamasu. I remember those evil Goten or future deranged Goku theories lmao.

I don't know if this has been conveyed very well in my translations, but Ozotto is a person with a very terrifying appearance and sinister personality, yet very formal tongue. Kind of like Freeza and in contrast to Cooler, who's very rude and informal. He uses a lot of keigo and polite sentence structure. It would be interesting to see him animated, and I think a lot of ppl who enjoy archetypes similar to those of Freeza would also like Ozotto.
That mystery connection didn't end up being much. If we were going for the wild card, I think having them pitted against each other would have been better. Two arrogant gods who have different ideas of who gets to rule the new ningen-free universe. One cant kill the mortal one, the other is too powerful

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:00 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:13 am
Tai Lung wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:29 pm

well .. that would be the obvious is another cooler of another time line but of all fomas I do not see the case have 2 versions of cooler

it feels like a very poor participation and in the version of the anime it seems irrelevant because is a very little fighting ... unlike vegeta and trunks vs tsufuru siblings .. the U6 feels unnecessary, at least jiren have a battle more " justifiable "with zamasu where this applies best.
in the version of the manga has a bit more sense this because at least hit and kefla fight against zamasu but for both versions cabba also feels out of place

And we've already had discussions that this 10 minutes per week promo anime isn't adapting the games fully, skipping bojack, majin ozottor, hatchiyack, the ghost warriors. We just get the 'big' fights. U6 is still a part of the overall plot and it ties into the Oren and Kamin backstory. It's there to give them history whilst also milking a little nostalgia of Baby.
yes but I see the game as the central script but not something complete, the manga and anime as adaptations should complement however the decisions that are made are quite questionable if you can not adapt the script in its entirety just need to summarize the best this if the U6 was not going to have more participation than an episode I do not see it necessary to include it ... it can simply be mentioned ... because it only remains as bad advertising
And summarizing it as best they can is what they are aiming for, given that they wont have us sit through oolong and that nonsense. And they did participate, we had multiple episodes of them. You haven't raised much objectivity in your points, because they are doing what you described

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed May 15, 2019 10:53 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:13 am yes but I see the game as the central script but not something complete, the manga and anime as adaptations should complement however the decisions that are made are quite questionable if you can not adapt the script in its entirety just need to summarize the best this if the U6 was not going to have more participation than an episode I do not see it necessary to include it ... it can simply be mentioned ... because it only remains as bad advertising
I mean, Hearts could have gone off in a number of ways to try and accumulate energy but he chose U6 because Kamin and Oren came up with the idea themselves after they said there's a whole race of Vegetas and FTrunks in their universe. Ofc they would since we have the most familiarity and interest with U6 as an audience.

Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, and Hit, the most popular characters of U6 participated in the story. The other U6 members were also present in UM6 but were only mission bosses to defeat so they didn't have many lines if any. The arcade format is fairly limited in that regard because they can't just go full-blown visual novel on us, but at least they included the characters most of the audience have an interest in. Anime is promo and 10 minutes isn't nearly enough to even adapt the story + missions in the arcade. Same thing with 30-something pages in the manga.

Also, Kamin Kale and Caulifla Oren did go to U11, which led to Vegeta's body being taken over. So they did have more relevance in later missions at least.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:18 am

TobyS wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm
Kanassa wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm

I mean, the preview text for the next Heroes episode talks about Metal Cooler VS Cumber, so I don't think Fuu's on their side
Baring in mind he was keeping the prisoner as well
Did he imprison them and make prison planet or did he just come along and start fucking with it. I kinda got the impression probably wrongly that he built the prison around them and pulled people in to trash the place and free them to experiment and gather energy.

Weird to think Fuu would be stronger than all of them when in XV2 he's not that tough as I recall.

Whereas even glass girl can fuck up ui omen and hearts is beyond that presumably...
Lagss defeated Base Goku, who had lost UI Omen due to Heart's gravity attack.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 15, 2019 4:32 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:00 am

And summarizing it as best they can is what they are aiming for, given that they wont have us sit through oolong and that nonsense. And they did participate, we had multiple episodes of them. You haven't raised much objectivity in your points, because they are doing what you described
you know what I'm talking about ...
they could focus on kefla vs zamasu and hit vs tsufuru siblings simply, and not have an unnecessary appearance of tsufuru caulifla and tsufuru kale that really did not do anything of just seconds
there are better ways to do it ...

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:31 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:32 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:00 am

you know what I'm talking about ...
they could focus on kefla vs zamasu and hit vs tsufuru siblings simply, and not have an unnecessary appearance of tsufuru caulifla and tsufuru kale that really did not do anything of just seconds
there are better ways to do it ...
Sadly, I don't because your writing isn't very clear.

See the bold bit is what you should have put rather than just saying 'summarize the best.' You've actually given content ideas you'd prefer. I'm no telepath, and I can't read things you don't explain and just know.

And the thing with the anime like this is that it's meant to basically be an extended commercial, hence cramming in the possessed caulifla, kale and vegeta cards, but not giving them much to do. All it's really here to do is hype the main product, the games. Sucks they can't give it more time and turn it into an OVA series.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:53 am
Tai Lung wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:13 am yes but I see the game as the central script but not something complete, the manga and anime as adaptations should complement however the decisions that are made are quite questionable if you can not adapt the script in its entirety just need to summarize the best this if the U6 was not going to have more participation than an episode I do not see it necessary to include it ... it can simply be mentioned ... because it only remains as bad advertising
I mean, Hearts could have gone off in a number of ways to try and accumulate energy but he chose U6 because Kamin and Oren came up with the idea themselves after they said there's a whole race of Vegetas and FTrunks in their universe. Ofc they would since we have the most familiarity and interest with U6 as an audience.

Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, and Hit, the most popular characters of U6 participated in the story. The other U6 members were also present in UM6 but were only mission bosses to defeat so they didn't have many lines if any. The arcade format is fairly limited in that regard because they can't just go full-blown visual novel on us, but at least they included the characters most of the audience have an interest in. Anime is promo and 10 minutes isn't nearly enough to even adapt the story + missions in the arcade. Same thing with 30-something pages in the manga.
I agree
Rakurai wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:53 am Also, Kamin Kale and Caulifla Oren did go to U11, which led to Vegeta's body being taken over. So they did have more relevance in later missions at least.
the opportunity is wasted

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 4:05 pm

So Heroes stop doing their usual teasers/trailers in order to do this promotional animated series, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat May 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:05 pm So Heroes stop doing their usual teasers/trailers in order to do this promotional animated series, right?
No, they still do the animated trailers https://youtu.be/wGYgWeFp_ow

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:05 pm So Heroes stop doing their usual teasers/trailers in order to do this promotional animated series, right?
what gives you this idea?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun May 19, 2019 1:52 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:42 pm
what gives you this idea?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Next V-jump promos will be

Great Saiyaman 3 and a transforming SSJ4 Gohan Xeno

https://twitter.com/Dbzcollection/statu ... 4987664384

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm Next V-jump promos will be

Those will be the promos for the next Saikyo Jump not V jump

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 pm

https://youtu.be/ML60sffK0SE

So Lagss's glass Shot is basically Lightning Shower Rain

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:40 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm Next V-jump promos will be

Those will be the promos for the next Saikyo Jump not V jump
Speaking of which, when's the next Saikyo Jump coming out? Really keen to see Xeno G4 (and possibly SSJ4 XGohan) vs. Dark Gogeta. We might even get Evil GT Gotenks if the arcade's anything to go by.

But really all I want to see is Roberu riding that Blutz wave tank.
Majin Demigra wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 pm https://youtu.be/ML60sffK0SE

So Lagss's glass Shot is basically Lightning Shower Rain
Yeah, pretty annoying how generic her Ultimate turned out to be. Then again, her bio is as generic as can be so it rather unironically fits her character.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue May 21, 2019 12:33 pm

I have to admit that all the Super Attack reuse is one of the weakest parts of Heroes. It's disappointing that no matter how cool the art on a card can be, is always the same super attack.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 21, 2019 1:37 pm

Rakurai wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:08 pmSpeaking of which, when's the next Saikyo Jump coming out?
Saikyo Jump is released for the first weekend of every other month. The July 2019 issue is due out June 1st.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:21 pm

I wonder who Great Saiyaman 3 really is. Would be nice if it was an older Pan