Should Kale and Caulifla replace Cheelye and Lemo in a Broli re-telling?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Should Kale and Caulifla replace Cheelye and Lemo in a Broli re-telling?

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 19, 2019 12:11 am

continuing with question how is this

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43665

I came up with this,
although like the majority I end up liking the cheelai and lemo characters in addition to that I agree in the creation of new characters is also better I think that they should used more the characters already have and especially if these characters have high potential in fight so the question is would it have been better if caulifla and kale had been in the role they had cheelai and lemo to save broly given its similarity with one of them and thus contribute to the development of both characters?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Did Kale and Caulifla should replace cheelai and lemo in the Broly Arc?

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 am

Absolutely not

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:14 pm

No. They live in U6. No reason for them to randomly be in U7 and stumble across Broly.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun May 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:14 pm No. They live in U6. No reason for them to randomly be in U7 and stumble across Broly.
Thank you. I was just about to post this.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun May 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Yes. Female Broly and Goku Lite are very interesting and should replace Female Zamasu and Alien Guy...

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 19, 2019 4:23 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:14 pm No. They live in U6. No reason for them to randomly be in U7 and stumble across Broly.
Well obviously the story it does not have to be the same or copied this could be given in another way:
Caulifla and Kale could be on earth by the time Broly arrived. The excuse for your visit is very easy to do as they have done before in filler episodes.

and I try to see it from another point of view

cheelai is a girl who belonged to the army of frieza and who suddenly felt sorry for broly when listening to her past and that in an attempt to save it she stole Paragus' remote without him noticing I think that role could coincide with both caulifla and kale besides that they could be utilies in battle.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:37 am

Firstly the grammar in this title made me have to double take my double take

and absolutely not as others have said.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:23 am

Nokra wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:17 pm Yes. Female Broly and Goku Lite are very interesting and should replace Female Zamasu and Alien Guy...
"Female Zamasu", So true, I'm not sure if they realized how similar Zamasu and Cheelai are or if they did that on purpose for whatever reason.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Should Kale and Caulifla replace Cheelye and Lemo in a Broli re-telling?

Post by head_cha_la » Mon May 20, 2019 11:37 am

No, I prefer that Kale and Caulifla remain in trio with Cabba under the light that to be with Broly, they would be in his shadow. However, future interactions between Kale and Broly are inevitable.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon May 20, 2019 1:36 pm

head_cha_la wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:37 am No, I prefer that Kale and Caulifla remain in trio with Cabba under the light that to be with Broly, they would be in his shadow. However, future interactions between Kale and Broly are inevitable.
Well, it would only be a participation since they could fit in the cheelai's role but that does not mean that the 3 will always be together or something like that.
caulifla and kale were created as a duet while cabba is really a separate character as well as hit something that was well represented in the anime super and heroes and not even in the manga fight together for something like a trio does not exist I do not even I think that Goku, Vegeta and Broly are a team.
yep it is very likely that one day they will meet

ok anyway thanks for the comments :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm

I don't see the point. Cheelye and Leemo were character created to specifically acts as foils to Broly's Tarzan like personality. Kale and Caulifla wouldn't bring any kind of interesting character interactions with Broly.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon May 20, 2019 5:59 pm

No, they are utterly different characters and wouldn't work the same way

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon May 20, 2019 6:47 pm

There's literally no point in replacing new characters like that for no reason.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon May 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm I don't see the point. Cheelye and Leemo were character created to specifically acts as foils to Broly's Tarzan like personality. Kale and Caulifla wouldn't bring any kind of interesting character interactions with Broly.
Well based on the opinions I've seen from several fans had before the broly film existed about a supposed encounter between broly and kale usually the majority concludes that kale would try to save broly from paragus because she would identify with broly but he doesn't have help that she did have.
as for caulifla ... cheelai is a delinquent who stole Paragus' remote without him noticing this ... something that both have in common and would even be more credible

also many people think that cheelai and lemo are not useful in battle so they would not appear much in the future