"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun May 19, 2019 3:38 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:11 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 pm Well, if Freeza can become stronger than a Ssj God by training for four months... than the weakest version of Buu can become stronger than a Ssj Blue by training for zero months and only "unlockig his potential".

Makes sense.
Except that Boo is no stronger than the SSB, this is not suggested any time in the chapter. Goku just says that Boo is stronger than before, and does absolutely no comparison of powers. The main point the manga focuses on is that Moro's magic does not work on Boo and Boo has a unique fighting style (not the first time it's used in DBS).

Not to mention that Vegeta clearly states that SSB was still far beyond Moro's strength
As if having a unique fighing style counts when your opponent's much stronger tha yourself. Fat Buu's unique fighting style would've done jack to a serious Ssj3 Goku, for example.

And I assume that Moro, without his magic, is a weak fool.
Yeah, I'm guessing that Buu has now jumped up to around SSJG level, and due to his near invulnerability, and the fact that Moro doesn't appear to be a great fighter, and his magic has no effect on Buu leads to him losing in a battle of fisticuffs. We know that SSJ3 Goku could've wiped Buu out with a blast, but killing him with punches doesn't seem likely after the shock that Vegeta had when realising that two Buus fighting can actually damage the other, and nothing ever even showing that any of the other characters could actually kill Buu with physical blows. Goku could've totally erased Buu with a blast, but Moros abilities that would allow him to totally detroy Buu has no effect. Also, if the last chapter is much to go by, Moros hand to hand isn't so much skilled, but more him going for kill shots... That is the worst way to fight Buu in a hand to hand battle.

Yes, this is a big jump in power, but I guess we don't truly know how powerful Dai Kaio was before losing his powers, and out of all DB Supers increases outside of the new SSJ forms this one actually doesn't come across as an ass pull. The best creator god in Uni 7 who's powers are now seemingly restored, and a magical being who's existed since time immemorial joining together is quite interesting. I prefer it over Gohans mad gains after a day, and 17 getting stronger than the prophesied SSJG form by doing whatever he was doing. Also Freezas 4 months wasn't amazing either. This one is creative at least, and I was genuinely thinking we weren't gonna get an explanation. Thank god.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 am

Noah wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:07 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm Moro's become a disappointing character
Well, blame Toyotaro for that.

The funny thing is that I remember people saying in the past months: "LOL HE'S UNIQUE CUZ MAGICAL POWAS AND DB NEVUR HAD THOSE".
you know what Super needs? Torishima & Kondo coming back as Toriyama's editors/consultants (They were around the best eras of Dragon Ball) and the lack of their seriousness and always keeping Toriyama on check has been making Super pale in comparison to Z and they could also get on Toyotaro as well to become a better storyteller

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sun May 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 am Torishima & Kondo coming back as Toriyama's editors/consultants
Strongly disagree.

Dragonball's story has been told. There never needs to be another Dragonball story, to be honest. All of this [super, the movies] is extra. If we're just getting extra content, I want to see Toriyama unfettered and unrestricted.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 am

So what do you guys think Moro wished for?

Could it be to devour every planet in the universe? Could it be to become immortal, or immune to magic stealing? Or could it be to get rid of Beerus?

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon May 20, 2019 8:13 am

Maybe Moro wished for another villain to come back to life. Maybe his master, the one who taught him all his magic.

I dunno, I have a feeling this arc is only getting started and that Moro is a subversion. Who knows only time will tell.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 am

Maybe he wished for the perfect boyfriend or a lifetime supply of strawberries.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am

YamiGoku wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 am Maybe he wished for the perfect boyfriend or a lifetime supply of strawberries.
You mean CRANberries!??? Lol xD

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon May 20, 2019 9:36 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:17 am So what do you guys think Moro wished for?

Could it be to devour every planet in the universe? Could it be to become immortal, or immune to magic stealing? Or could it be to get rid of Beerus?
I think becoming immune to magic stealing is a decent call. It could be something entirely unexpected though. If Goku and Vegeta intend to fight him, they should probably get immune to energy stealing as well. The Great Kaioshin might have given them that.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon May 20, 2019 11:19 am

Viz chapter is out..
Am i missing something, or is the Grand Elder dead, according to what Buu said? If so why didn't Porunga disappear once Cranberry killed him? Instead Porunga still granted the wish after Cranberry killed him and the DB's were scattered once again..

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon May 20, 2019 11:21 am

Well, I'd say the idea that the arc is ending next chapter can safely be discarded.
I wonder what Moro's secret wish is? Maybe Esca knows and will explain it at some point, but finding it out in action seems like a better way to go about it. I am a bit confused as to how Porunga didn't disappear when Moori was killed, though. He definitely seemed pretty dead, anyway.
Buu vs Moro was pretty fun, though not quite as magic-y as I had hoped. With the revelation that the Grand Supreme Kai can just straight up switch places with Buu, maybe we'll see a rematch, one that focuses much more on magic than Buu's physique.
All in all I definitely haven't lost interest in the arc just yet. I'm still excited to see what happens next.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:40 am

Absolutely adored Boo vs Moro. Finally he got a chance to shine rather than be cheated out of his spot twice. Boo is such a visual spectacle and fun to see. Really goes to show he shouldn't have been cut out of his previous two tournament entries.

Really didn't like Moro killing Cranberry. It's just the typical generic evil bad guy thing to do. Not to mention the most predictable action they possibly could have picked. Keeping Cranberry alive was one of the small things to differentiate Moro from others but now that's gone.

Grand Kaioshin is back. I'm now curious if Boo can just call back any of the people he absorbed now through him. I don't really see any problem with this revelation. Why would any form of the Boos ever want to use this ability anyway? Seems like Boo has to willingly give up his control for this to work, so it's not like anyone he had absorbed could fight for it. Nonetheless having Boo really does help ease the now common duo pairing by giving us a fresh face...or rather faces.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon May 20, 2019 11:58 am

Things are finally getting interesting. Buu vs Moro was a lot of fun to read through. I have no idea what Moro possibly wished for but I'm intrigued to learn what it is. I still hate that we're on Namek, hopefully the setting will change soon.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Mon May 20, 2019 12:24 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am
YamiGoku wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 am Maybe he wished for the perfect boyfriend or a lifetime supply of strawberries.
You mean CRANberries!??? Lol xD
The answer was in front of us all along! :lol:

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Mon May 20, 2019 12:42 pm

This was the first chapter of the arc where I felt like this could be good. The villain got his wish, things were progressing nicely... and then Moro stuck around.

I don't want to see another fight with him. Not for a while. I was hoping after he ran away that he'd somehow teleport to some far off planet so that they would have to find him, but let's not get into fanfic territory here. The core of my issue is I'm tired of these skirmishes. So many fights with so little plot, character and thematic resonance. I stopped watching/reading Dragonball for the fights after I turned 14.

I'm slightly negative on the arc now instead of extremely negative. Hopefully next issue is something completely different.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pm

I think Moro wished to bring out Daikaioshin out of Boo and This chapter was disappointing considering that Moro's Battle power is weaker than Boo's

oh and esca is connected to the Namekian Dragon Balls

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm

We actually have a mystery. Color me interested

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Seems like Moro in his weakened state had issues with sensing Chi and suppressing it. Now that he has all of his magic power, he can freely suppress his Chi and hide.

Does anyone really believe Moro is going to meet his end in the next chapter? It just seems so abrupt.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:05 pm Seems like Moro in his weakened state had issues with sensing Chi and suppressing it. Now that he has all of his magic power, he can freely suppress his Chi and hide.

Does anyone really believe Moro is going to meet his end in the next chapter? It just seems so abrupt.
No it’s just dumb fan speculation. Just like they always do. Every time someone fucks up by completely mistranslating a spoiler, it has catastrophic consequences, and a whole new series of false assumptions are made. Moro ain’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Mon May 20, 2019 1:29 pm

I have to say after this chapter I'm really starting to get into this arc. Really looking forward to where it goes.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon May 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pmoh and esca is connected to the Namekian Dragon Balls
Could be that The Grand Elder feared/knew he would die soon, so he transfered the DB powers to Esca before Cranberry arrived there. The Dragon Balls scattered afterwards, so either the Grand Elder was slowly dying or those powers have been transfered to Esca now.