"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by supersaiyanZero » Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am

MainJPW wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:12 am TBF we probably have a good amount of females to balance the roster if you really pushed it, you might need to add a few basic attacks but really thats it. Across media thered be a decent amount for a lot of characters, in descending order (roughly)

Zangya
Ribrianne
Kefla
Pan
Kakunsa
Launch
Future Mai
Heles
Cocotto
Monna
Hop
Lunch is more of a stretch than Chi-Chi I feel.
They're both ridiculously stupid options. Zangya, rib, and kefla are the really the only choices that have any validity.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am They're both ridiculously stupid options. Zangya, rib, and kefla are the really the only choices that have any validity.
They’re definitely the better options to be sure, but point still stands that Chi-Chi is an actual martial artist with combat showings unlike Lunch.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm

A character that I would have liked to see of DB OG was Annin.

interesting skill set but it's a filler character that nobody remembers.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm A character that I would have liked to see of DB OG was Annin.

interesting skill set but it's a filler character that nobody remembers.
An’nin?

That could be cool. Between her Guan Dao, Feather Throw, ability to summon gusts of strong wind with her cape and her Giant Form I think she definitely has enough material needed for a cool moveset.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue May 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Xenoverse 2 already has Kefla and is about to get Ribrianne.
Meanwhile DBFZ... :roll:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue May 21, 2019 5:10 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:47 pm Xenoverse 2 already has Kefla and is about to get Ribrianne.
Quality over quantity

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue May 21, 2019 7:30 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:10 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:47 pm Xenoverse 2 already has Kefla and is about to get Ribrianne.
Quality over quantity
I mean, it sure has an impressive quantity of Goku’s.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue May 21, 2019 10:05 pm

But they at least play differently from each other.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 22, 2019 6:41 am

I don't understand people being sad about DLC's in Xenoverse 2... I bought all of them so far, but frankly, it works as a fanservice, but I have never been a fan of XV2 gameplay - the combo combinations are too much complex to input them in exact time, there is no competitivness in Online, which is total bull. Just people using predetermined super attacks and equips and overall, all game is about presets being played in fights and without new story modes, there is just content of skins. I don't really hate XV2, I had fun with it, but that button mashing and parallel quests tires you out fast and each new DLC is just visual avatar with Super and Ultimate attacks preequiped.

On the other hand, maybe except for Videl that was never much my favorite character so I don't play her much (same as Nappa or Ginyu), I had fun will all FighterZ DLC characters so far. I love the fanservicey true to the show presentation, the work they put in and not only it is so much fun to see the characters from show do things from show even with simple button push, it is really fun to play as them. I have played like 2 hours already just with GT Goku as he was released and I am still not tired from it.
People criticize the game for Gokus, but each of them plays differently. My favorite is SSJ Blue with his grounding kick, that really helps against blocking in online, as SSJ Goku has cool warping kamehameha and I like the Kaioken with Saiyan arc Goku. Saiyan Arc Vegeta is my most favorite Vegeta to play as technically... You can try any character you want and it is fun to play as. Of course, there are tiers and Android 17 is crazy, but I like how you can overcome almost anyone, watching his strategy... and that's it, you can strategize and make any team you want. I meet people, who play a lot with Bardock that I am not good with much, as I am going with swift and hit hard team of GT Goku, Adult Gohan and 17 and they are really good with him. This is what is fun about this game, that online is full of skilled people without any annoying cheating or quirks, that they just mash buttons and win and you are not pissed off, because you lost because of your skills and can overcome it next time and not because you are missing some skill, that you have to grind in Parallel Quest.

I love the concept of Xenoverse 2, but gameplay/input and mechanics are broken, AI is broken... selection screen are just characters from storymode without their values turned off, so you can't beat down SSJ4 Goku with Saibaiman or anyone with Satan (you can, but just to prove your dedication before the timer in versus runs out), as everyone is powerscaled, or you can select this Goku, that is equiped with these basic attacks, because he is basically just playable NPC from story mode... and I could go on.
But I know, that if they will release whoever, be it Ribrianne that I don't wanna, Tambourine, Roshi, Janemba, or even Poop from Arale, I will have hours of fun with it in FighterZ. I am happy, that I can focus on being better in gameplay than on collecting avatars and hats etc.
I had more fun with Sparking! Meteor (Budokai Tenkaichi 3) than with both Xenoverses, that is sad.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Wed May 22, 2019 7:23 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:05 pm But they at least play differently from each other.
Zing!

Ironically every single "Goku" in FighterZ plays more differently from each other than the entire cast of Xenoverse 2.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed May 22, 2019 11:05 am

Both games are guilty for having different forms of Goku and Vegeta as separate slots, even though they all play differently (Well at least the SS4 characters play different in XV2 compared to the rest of the forms there).

I wasn't too keen on making base Goku & Vegeta DLC, as it's like buying regular Ryu and Ken, but I'll admit this game has the better DLC choices this time around. Aside from Goku, the other two look fluid and very unique and can't wait to see how the rest will look. Can't believe Dimps would put in stupid choices such as SSG Vegeta and Ribrianne, and the fact that they made that form of Vegeta a separate slot, ugh. And I thought last year XV2 had the better DLC.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 am

As I've said time and time again, the problem with the roster choices (particularly the DLC) is not that they *can't* make unique characters out of multiple Goku's and Vegeta's. It's that they shouldn't *have* to. If you have to have variants like that, the least they could do is spread them out. I'm looking on this season now, where literally half the characters in it could be considered variants of characters in the game, and it's hard to get excited.

Again, we can trust ArcSys to make cool, unique characters. That's why everybody is excited for them to Janemba and it's why I'm salivating with jealousy that bloody Xenoverse 2 is getting Ribrianne and this game gets GT Goku.

Nightbane

Post by Nightbane » Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Literally the only time I EVER see you post in the FighterZ thread is to just shit on it, and to only shit on it. Do you have a personal vendetta against this game or something? Does it really anger you that much that FighterZ is FACTUALLY the best Dragon Ball game ever made by a long shot? Also like someone else said, every single Goku in this game plays much more uniquely than any character in XV2 ever will. Every character in that game plays the same, while one combo loop string in FighterZ with Base Goku is infinitely deeper than the whole cast of XV2 combined.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 am

Honestly I'd rather they save the more unique roster choices for a sequel, so those get bundled up with QOL updates and stages, instead of simply serving as more roster fodder for this game. I have this issue with Xenoverse 2 as well, but that game's support actually remember to add things instead of just characters.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 24, 2019 10:51 pm

Nightbane wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 pm
Literally the only time I EVER see you post in the FighterZ thread is to just shit on it, and to only shit on it. Do you have a personal vendetta against this game or something?
That's because you only saw my newest posts. It's my favourite DB game, but I'm not satisfied the roster. If you want to put it like that, you can say I've a vendetta with the amount of remix characters this game has.

After 4 Gokus, 3 Vegetas, 2 Gohans (three if you count Great Saiyaman assist for Videl), 2 Buus and a second Broly coming, I don't feel like I should pretend to be okay with this. If you like it, cool, go buy it. After all it's because of morons like you they keep getting away with this. If there's profit, they will keep releasing more Gokus and Vegetas. Money takes priority over a proper roster.

Next season they could release SSG Goku, SSG Vegeta, Ultra Instinct Goku and GT Vegeta, and it would be okay for you because they would "play different", even though we can have other characters that are new and play different.
Nightbane wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 pm Also like someone else said, every single Goku in this game plays much more uniquely than any character in XV2 ever will. Every character in that game plays the same, while one combo loop string in FighterZ with Base Goku is infinitely deeper than the whole cast of XV2 combined.
That doesn't mean anything for a lot of people, because a lot of people just want to have a big roster with all their favourite characters playable. That's why Tenkaichi 3 is still regarded by many as the best DB game.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri May 24, 2019 11:27 pm

I Agree, while I take nothing away from any new characters or those that enjoy them, their just seems to be to many clones around or rehash characters.

I am glad Jiren and Videl got included cause they felt like they mixed up things, but so far sadly both them and others are not lighted enough of a fire under me to get back into the game.

Just seeing Ribrianne's Moveset they are giving her in Xenoverse 2 while being faithful to her Character or what the possibilities are for Kefla as a FigtherZ character, THAT Gets me Excited. But, Also I am a fan of those Girls so that can be a big part of it too :wink: :lol: , but still their Originality in their movesets is what is needed.

So Hopefully one day in a another DLC pack season or FighterZ 2.0 we hopefully can get our girls in one of those Games!..........Sadly however we likely will have to go threw Another Week of some Groups of fans Cry on Social Media, Again, that they hate these characters, NO and don't want them, We can have anything Nice without some mini-uproars. :roll: :lol:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat May 25, 2019 3:41 pm

Yeah, I am moron and buy all these characters, because the game is so good and I want all possibilities in online combat...

Cry me a river ;)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 am

ok they play differently from each other, but also I could have a new character and with he play differently from each other.

it's not that it's so difficult

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Okay, here are my few guesses for the upcoming intro/win poses:

- Janemba's intro shows him appearing through his "cubes-filled" teleportation, picking up the random object to turn it into the sword (just like in the movie).
- Janemba's win pose shows him surprised that the sword turns back into the object and breaks, then laughs maniacally looking at it (just like in the movie).

- Gogeta's intro could obviously be Goku and Vegeta fusing, but also Gogeta using teleportation to directly appear just like when he got to the battlefield after fusing.
- Gogeta's win pose is likely already in the movie's ending credits: he smirks at the camera and then grabs his jacket to show his pecs.

No big idea for Broly, although his intro could be him screaming, mimicking the specific animation he had when his father ordered him to attack (the one that was featured even in the very first trailer).

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:12 pm

It would be neat if Janemba had a Dramatic Finish with Gogeta, even though it's Gogeta Blue.
Bardock has one with Freeza, even though he technically killed Chilled instead so it could be possible.

Also, it would be nice if Broly wasn't only his Super Saiyan version, but given all the promotional material, I doubt we'll get anything else.
Still, it would be cool if he at least had his armor as an alternative costume.

As for Dramatic Finishes, it would be neat to see the "beam surfing" from the fight represented in the game. The only other time it has happened in the whole series was with two characters that are not in the game, so it would probably be the earlier chances for us to see something like that in a game.