"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Wed May 22, 2019 1:19 pm

What do you guys think? will this arc end soon? or will it continue for a few months? anime-wise, I guess is better to have a longer arc so the anime doesn't catch up too fast to it.

About Esca, I think he was the one in charge of the DBs, that would explain what happened and why Cranberry didn't instantly kill him and chose to use him as a translator device. How did he find out about it, and why was Esca in charge of the DB, that I don't know.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 pm

The thing I disliked most about Super's manga is how QUICK the stories ends. I get that it's monthly, but the resolutions are so fast that I feel Toyotaro is honestly rushing things.

I hope it's not the end of the arc, because finally we can see something from Moro. And if he's actually interesting, than I do want his arc to linger more. Besides, he's too big of a threat to simply dispose right after his introduction.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Glad it wasn't just me catching that Muuri thing, I figured it couldn't be, especially here of all places.

Unless it is a mistake (which if it is, that's a...pretty big one...), the only thing I can figure is that yeah, the kid is now the 'god/guardian' of Namek. Maybe Cranberry threatened to kill them all, and Muuri told him he can't kill the kid because without him, the Dragon Balls won't work. Cranberry doesn't believe him, Muuri quickly transfers the position to him, and even Cranberry can tell 'something' just happened, so he chooses to believe him, but spares Muuri for the time being too. Then the rest played out as we saw.

I'm definitely curious about what Moro's other wish was too. If this arc really is wrapping up, then his wish is probably setting the stage for whatever the next issue is, but I'm thinking this arc's 'wrapping up' might just be the Namek portion of the story, and they end up having to go deal with Moro elsewhere as well, perhaps even on Earth.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 pm Glad it wasn't just me catching that Muuri thing, I figured it couldn't be, especially here of all places.

Unless it is a mistake (which if it is, that's a...pretty big one...), the only thing I can figure is that yeah, the kid is now the 'god/guardian' of Namek. Maybe Cranberry threatened to kill them all, and Muuri told him he can't kill the kid because without him, the Dragon Balls won't work. Cranberry doesn't believe him, Muuri quickly transfers the position to him, and even Cranberry can tell 'something' just happened, so he chooses to believe him, but spares Muuri for the time being too. Then the rest played out as we saw.

I'm definitely curious about what Moro's other wish was too. If this arc really is wrapping up, then his wish is probably setting the stage for whatever the next issue is, but I'm thinking this arc's 'wrapping up' might just be the Namek portion of the story, and they end up having to go deal with Moro elsewhere as well, perhaps even on Earth.
Yeah, this is just fantasy mate. It's just a (very big) mistake from Toyotaro.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed May 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 pm Glad it wasn't just me catching that Muuri thing, I figured it couldn't be, especially here of all places.

It's only a mistake if not addressed. It can easily be explained away next chapter. Just like many thought with Buu's power being nonsensical.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Miracles wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:41 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 pm

It's only a mistake if not addressed. It can easily be explained away next chapter. Just like many thought with Buu's power being nonsensical.
Let's hope so...

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed May 22, 2019 8:57 pm

I absolutely love everything that's going on with Boo. His buffoon-with-no-rules essence is perfectly preserved. I'm most looking forward to seeing what happens with the Dai Kaioshin.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 23, 2019 11:44 am

someone else believes that this arc would feel better if instead of goku there, was piccolo there?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:29 pm

You don't even need to go there,it can be easily explained as elder being on his last breaths before the wish was made.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu May 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:44 am someone else believes that this arc would feel better if instead of goku there, was piccolo there?
Goku has no role in the current story. Replacing him with another character would only work if they gave said character an actual role along with them.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Kagari wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:17 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:44 am someone else believes that this arc would feel better if instead of goku there, was piccolo there?
Goku has no role in the current story. Replacing him with another character would only work if they gave said character an actual role along with them.

Majin Buu is import to the defeat of Moro.
Vegeta is paying its debt with the namekians killed for him.
piccolo could save the namekians, the people of their race because when frieza's attacks their native planet. piccolo arrived very late.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:15 pm

piccolo could save the namekians, the people of their race because when frieza's attacks their native planet. piccolo arrived very late.
Piccolo cant hold his own against Moro.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri May 24, 2019 12:08 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Piccolo cant hold his own against Moro.
the galactic patrol seems to handle it pretty well ... unless merus is stronger than piccolo

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri May 24, 2019 5:35 am

Hi all question about the Super and OG manga that don't warrant it's own thread.

I know full colour has stopped at Freeza but I occasionally see coloured DB and post Freeza online. Where can I digitally purchase these.

People are already talking about the extra pages in the ToP arc. But Viz only shows the volume for the zamasu arc. Where can I digitally purchase the DV super manga with the extra content. Thanks.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 24, 2019 6:23 am

TobyS wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:35 am Hi all question about the Super and OG manga that don't warrant it's own thread.

I know full colour has stopped at Freeza but I occasionally see coloured DB and post Freeza online. Where can I digitally purchase these.
There are entire sub-forums outside of just this "Dragon Ball Super" one, and there is at least one ongoing discussion about the full color comics over in the general discussion area.

If you're seeing colored comic pages in English outside of the Saiyan and Freeza arcs, it's from someone placing the English translation over top the Japanese release, which has been complete for quite some time.

Please be sure to ask questions in the appropriate place!
TobyS wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:35 am People are already talking about the extra pages in the ToP arc. But Viz only shows the volume for the zamasu arc. Where can I digitally purchase the DV super manga with the extra content. Thanks.
Viz is only up to the fifth collected volume, while the ninth just released in Japan. They will of course eventually catch up.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri May 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Piccolo is the only thing missing from this chapter. The fact that they saw no use for him on his home planet really bothers me. With that being said, this chapter is great but really missing my man Piccolo.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Why is everyone set on that being Elder Moori? It could just be any old Namekian unless I'm missing something.

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Fri May 24, 2019 5:27 pm

The real question is if Moro is successful absorbing all of New Namek's energy, where will he go next? Earth, Beeru's world, Vampa?

Mago_Gosora

Post by Mago_Gosora » Sat May 25, 2019 6:44 pm

I get the feeling this arc just getting started.

I like it. Its possibly my favourite arc of DBS. Wouldn't be saying much since the only arc I really like in DBS to any degree is the first one; but that could easily change - depending on how this one continues and ends.

I was kind of hoping instead of simply "unlocking" DaiKaioshin's memories within Boo himself that they would just try to remove DaiKaioshin from Boo, which would require the writers to do something called get creative and make something truly interesting happen. I think it's interesting to think about the possibilities that removing the two kaioshin from Boo could entail.

But having said that, I suppose I'm okay with DaiKaioshin "replacing" Boo even if for a while. I have wanted to see more of him. He's eternally wise and peaceful, but stronger than all the Kaioshin. Not that that's saying much. But still. However, with this "power boost" from Boo DaiKaoshin is stronger than ever. Should be interesting to see where the fight goes next.

I liked the twist where they were about to quickly wrap up the Moro fight but Cranberry ended up summoning Polunga before Boo could put Moro away. I did see the death of Cranberry coming. Moro has no care for the fate of mortals. It makes him a cool villain, but yeah I knew he was gonna do that once he got what he wanted.

I think it was an interesting way to end the chapter not telling us what the 3rd wish was. With his magic and strength back it's hard to predict what his 3rd wish was. Although, if its "immortality" I will be disappointed. Already did that with Garlic Jr. It'll just be another arc full of "he's so strong and can't die, how ever will we seal him??!!1!" and then an unlikely contender distracts him enough for DaiKaishin to seal Moro away.

I would like this to end in an interesting way. If they're gonna keep milking DBS at least do more interesting things with it.

Nightbane

Post by Nightbane » Sat May 25, 2019 8:44 pm

Seems the DBS manga is just as garbage as ever. Man Toyo just cannot write, there's so many plotholes in this chapter compared to usual that I'm kind of surprised I'm seeing positive things about it on here. Really the only worth-nothing thing was Buu beating up Moro, which was funny and cool. Really just waiting for the DBS anime to get back, I know that will do this arc justice.