What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 am

Finally picked up DBS: Broly earlier today, so i now have the movie part of the collection up to date.

DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:16 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 am Finally picked up DBS: Broly earlier today, so i now have the movie part of the collection up to date.
You didn't get the Blu-ray?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:00 pm

Forte224 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:16 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:54 am Finally picked up DBS: Broly earlier today, so i now have the movie part of the collection up to date.
I mean, i don't actually have a Blu-ray player with the exception of my PS3 but it's not really set up/updated to play them at this point plus i primarily use it for gaming anyway. Also i got the DVD mainly so i could rip the movie and have a copy to watch on my computer.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Digital is the future. I myself bought the iTunes version.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:34 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pmDigital is the future. I myself bought the iTunes version.
For rentals, sure. Not the future if you care about owning the copies you buy.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:34 pm
PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pmDigital is the future. I myself bought the iTunes version.
For me, it's about higher quality and safekeeping. never know when something you buy digitally will get taken away and become unavailable

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:01 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pm
The "digital version" is just the rights FUNimation's stream of it though. You don't get to download it or anything. Besides, the Blu-ray also comes with the digital copy.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Forte224 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:01 pm
PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:07 pm
The "digital version" is just the rights FUNimation's stream of it though. You don't get to download it or anything. Besides, the Blu-ray also comes with the digital copy.
Of course the DVD version as you see above also comes with the digital copy too, though i'm not quite sure at this point if i will actually be using it i may eventually redeem the code later.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:56 pm

I'm fairly certain that as people's connections improve throughout the years, digital streaming and downloading is going to surpass physical purchases. Companies would love to cut out that middle man to maximize profits.
The same thing is slowly happening to music, and video games will follow suit as well. Will there still be physical media? Sure, but it'll mostly be for collective purposes similarly to how Vinyls have made a niche comeback. In South Korea, companies are still able to sell CD's because they bundle them with art cards, photobooks, calendars, etc. so I'd expect "collector's editions" of films to become the norm and sold at a premium while plain old vanilla DVDs and Blurays will most likely go the way of the vanilla CD.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:33 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:56 pm
I'm fairly certain that as people's connections improve throughout the years, digital streaming and downloading is going to surpass physical purchases. Companies would love to cut out that middle man to maximize profits.
The same thing is slowly happening to music, and video games will follow suit as well. Will there still be physical media? Sure, but it'll mostly be for collective purposes similarly to how Vinyls have made a niche comeback. In South Korea, companies are still able to sell CD's because they bundle them with art cards, photobooks, calendars, etc. so I'd expect "collector's editions" of films to become the norm and sold at a premium while plain old vanilla DVDs and Blurays will most likely go the way of the vanilla CD.
It really is unfortunate because I don't think streaming will ever fully reach Blu-ray quality.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 01, 2019 10:38 am

Broly notepad, smartphone ringholder & Gogeta stand. Couple of old WCFs, few VS to catch up on and #21 UDM and a couple of the Wafer Unlimited cards and then the April SSG FES and BoS "Omen":

SSG FES has been 6 yrs in the making, been waiting patiently for an SSG figure in which Nakazawa has no restrictions and he delivered! The figure is amazing, it's sculpted to look good from all angles and has the typical Nakazawa detail everywhere.

BoS however....Banpresto's final swan song was a massive f**k you! They ruined the orignal prototype in more ways than one, biggest change the glitter on the hair is so subtle you can't tell unless you shine light at it and look at it at eye level, the clothe damage is just painted on instead sculpted.... bah. We waited 1.5yrs for an "Omen" figure and Banpresto just f**ked it up....

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Sun May 05, 2019 10:57 pm

EB had a half-off sale today, and we couldn't resist:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:08 pm

Just recently picked up the old school Pioneer/FUNi release of Tree of Might with the Ocean Studios cast on a run at my local pawn shop recently. It was definitely a surprise find being a 20+ year old Dragon Ball DVD from the early days.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon May 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Dragon Ball Super Broly Collector's Edition with the stickers and poster, arrived earlier today.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon May 27, 2019 6:17 pm

The Time Traveller wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:52 pm Image

Dragon Ball Super Broly Collector's Edition with the stickers and poster, arrived earlier today.
Got mine also today, straight away rewatched the whole thing immediately. Still such a great movie in every way.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Tue May 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Got my DBS: Broli Collector’s Edition from Amazon UK today. I originally had the steelbook ordered too but I managed to grab the US steelbook so I saw no purpose in owning two of the same thing. Really nice package! Are all slipcovers in the UK this durable? I really like how it’s a sideloader too. I need to pick up a region free Blu-ray player soon. Please excuse the disorganized collection, I need to pick up more shelf space.

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Tue May 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Got the Collector's Edition and Steelbook Edition of Dragon Ball Super: Broly. I just need to grab a copy of the Sainsbury's Exclusive Edition now with the Art Cards and I'll be good, hoping the store in my area has a copy on Blu-Ray.

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Tue May 28, 2019 8:21 pm

I've also picked these up in the last few weeks. Found out Dragon Ball Super Vol. 1 had a Loot Crate Exclusive Edition so I went on eBay and grabbed myself a copy, already own the standard edition of the volume but it's Dragon Ball and I'm a collector so I had to have it. Dragon Ball Super Vol. 5 was a recent release, love the artwork on these volumes. And finally, I got the newest volume of Super Dragon Ball Heroes, which is now on Universe Mission. I already own both volumes of Dark Demon Realm Mission. I'd love it if Viz picked these up someday but I doubt it, also I'm really not a fan of the art style, it just doesn't look that nice but the fan-service is great, love that Majin Ozotto appeared. It also came with an Ultra Instinct Goku DB Heroes Card as well.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Pardon the question, but in which site can I post pictures of my DB stuff? Also, is it too difficult?

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Posted this already on another topic, but heck:

Amazon.jp delivers internationally if you get stuff from sellers that have their products stored on the Amazon warehouses.
It's a lot cheaper than getting it from a middle-man service and it arrived all completely intact, the box, discs and inserts were perfectly fine.