Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon May 27, 2019 2:27 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 am
Soppa Saia People wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:01 pm communism will win
Hope this is sarcasm, honestly!
https://youtu.be/wQ6FjUeQ5Zc
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 am

sintzu wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 pm The left are just as extreme on political issues just as much as the right is. The correct answer is usually found in the middle, a place where both parties refuse to look at. Acting like one party is always right while the other is always wrong is the exact problem both face and the reaosn nothing gets resolved, your reply being an example of this.
Fuck off.

Have you actually thought about this false equivalency? One side is campaigning against discrimination against women, people of colour and the LGBTQIA community, and the other side wants nothing to change because they benefit from the status quo/are bigots/are stupid.

One side of this argument is being oppressed and you're asking them to be civil and reasonable about their human rights.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 27, 2019 4:06 am

Captain Awesome wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 am
sintzu wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:43 pm The left are just as extreme on political issues just as much as the right is. The correct answer is usually found in the middle, a place where both parties refuse to look at. Acting like one party is always right while the other is always wrong is the exact problem both face and the reaosn nothing gets resolved, your reply being an example of this.
Fuck off.

Have you actually thought about this false equivalency? One side is campaigning against discrimination against women, people of colour and the LGBTQIA community, and the other side wants nothing to change because they benefit from the status quo/are bigots/are stupid.

One side of this argument is being oppressed and you're asking them to be civil and reasonable about their human rights.
To be fair, the political left/right dichotomy is about more than that, it's also about economic models, international relations, religious expression, gun rights, etc.

I would imagine that very few people go out and vote Republican thinking that they're doing it because they want minorities to have fewer rights.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon May 27, 2019 4:45 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:06 am
Captain Awesome wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 am
Fuck off.

To be fair, the political left/right dichotomy is about more than that, it's also about economic models, international relations, religious expression, gun rights, etc.

I would imagine that very few people go out and vote Republican thinking that they're doing it because they want minorities to have fewer rights.
Oh sure, but on the left those economic policies are informed by progressive social values. Things like a living wage, accessible healthcare and access to education weren’t born in a vacuum, there is no incidental business case attached to a progressive political movement.

I know I came down hard but this kind of toothless centrism is such a stunted, intellectually cowardly way to view the world.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon May 27, 2019 4:52 am

Soppa's being a troll, just ignore him.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 27, 2019 8:27 am

Bare in mind, Doctor King was assassinated just as he was beginning to shift his fight to the working poor, something that would have been even bigger in scale than the already massive Civil Rights Act that he helped win. Ultimately, the final key to helping kill bigotry will be the universalization of welfare programs so that poor minorities cannot be looked down upon and blame by conservatives, as Reagan did.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon May 27, 2019 12:43 pm

Captain Awesome wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 am Have you actually thought about this false equivalency? One side is campaigning against discrimination against women, people of colour and the LGBTQIA community, and the other side wants nothing to change because they benefit from the status quo/are bigots/are stupid.

Another, terribly overlooked, factor is the set of philosophical positions that support said political positions/movements. A lot of stock conservative positions on issues tend to stem from blatant epistemic and metaphysical errors (superstition and scientific illiteracy chief among the former). Or, at the very least, are, philosophically speaking, blatantly at odds with one another.
JulieYBM wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:27 amUltimately, the final key to helping kill bigotry will be the universalization of welfare programs so that poor minorities cannot be looked down upon and blame by conservatives, as Reagan did.
That'll be an important step, but it won't be the final key. Not even close.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon May 27, 2019 1:05 pm

KBABZ wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:52 am Soppa's being a troll, just ignore him.
just a head's up, i'm nonbinary and use they/them pronouns. also like i am a leftist so i do believe most of the stuff i've posted.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon May 27, 2019 2:47 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:05 pm
just a head's up, i'm nonbinary and use they/them pronouns. also like i am a leftist so i do believe most of the stuff i've posted.
This doesn't change what you're doing, which is not contributing very much to discussion.

I say this not to pretend I'm a mod (god knows I don't need that), but because I can perfectly see someone taking this pair of messages out of context and saying "see? these Kanzenshuu SJWs will accept anyone who isn't a straight white guy! Gamers are so oppressed!". Like it doesn't justify anything when you just say "we need communism" and then link to a song when people say "uh maybe that's not 100% the case". And that's not me being an enlightened economic philosopher or whatever, I just don't think there's really any plan that works and I have ZERO trust in anyone at Washington to """do communism right""". And that's me, someone who generally is very critical of capitalism. After all, the decision to fuck up the new Blu-Rays, constantly bring back shit from Z that nobody wants, and wait around two decades to fire an obvious serial harasser, were all financially-motivated decisions.

I've been trying to not lean too hard into this recent governmental/political discussion since I just got out of a big stupid back-and-forth and I know stuff has gotten pretty far off the Vic topic anyway, but I do feel there are times worth maybe disagreeing or not acting like moral absolutists when someone's attitude, regardless of their politics, isn't leading to the best discussion.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:47 pm I say this not to pretend I'm a mod (god knows I don't need that), but because I can perfectly see someone taking this pair of messages out of context and saying "see? these Kanzenshuu SJWs will accept anyone who isn't a straight white guy! Gamers are so oppressed!". Like it doesn't justify anything when you just say "we need communism" and then link to a song when people say "uh maybe that's not 100% the case". And that's not me being an enlightened economic philosopher or whatever, I just don't think there's really any plan that works and I have ZERO trust in anyone at Washington to """do communism right""". And that's me, someone who generally is very critical of capitalism. After all, the decision to fuck up the new Blu-Rays, constantly bring back shit from Z that nobody wants, and wait around two decades to fire an obvious serial harasser, were all financially-motivated decisions.

I've been trying to not lean too hard into this recent governmental/political discussion since I just got out of a big stupid back-and-forth and I know stuff has gotten pretty far off the Vic topic anyway, but I do feel there are times worth maybe disagreeing or not acting like moral absolutists when someone's attitude, regardless of their politics, isn't leading to the best discussion.
So we need to coddle the self-proclaimed cishet gamers taking zero time to understand the context of the discussion and/or apply critical thinking skills? Those cishet gamers sure do sound like a bunch of snowflakes.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon May 27, 2019 8:20 pm

...Nnnnnoooooo? I'm just saying that this one-line-a-message "commies rise up" shtick isn't really helpful to discussion and is easy to misinterpret or misrepresent, but we should probably be acting more intelligent than a bunch of dumbasses, yes. And just as much as supporting a non-binary view of gender and sexuality would have you dismissed by that group, it doesn't necessarily validate that behavior here.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue May 28, 2019 1:47 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:05 pm
Okay, apologies. You didn't exactly have that in your signature like Julie does, and I kinda assumed from the avatar.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Wed May 29, 2019 11:06 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:01 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:21 pm

I didn't call you right-wing, I said the centrist position was right-wing.
Hmm? By definition the centrism position is neither right wing or left.

I don’t know why people are trying to politicize this. You can be right wing and have the good sense to realize that Mignogna is a creep who needs to be barred from conventions and what not.

Pretty sure being against sexual harassment and having the common sense to realize if a bunch of women with no relation to each other have been saying the same thing for years then its gonna be true is not a left or right thing. It’s a human decency thing
Because 'centrism' is just maintaining the already very corrupt, right-wing status quo of men getting away with oppressing women and other minorities and then having the gall to turn around and both-sides-ism them to death, as if they have a legitimate view.

I'd also argue one could call themselves 'right-wing' and not actually know their position on any given policy could be left-wing.
I think you're compartmentalizing things into a very narrow view, Now i'm not any centrist either and I have my own ideas of how people should their lives. People, humans, have quite diverse views on how to live and how economy should be managed, and which laws should be in place, when you have hundreds of millions of people forced to follow one specific thing there will always be dissent, and sometimes that pushes people to rely more on the government to establish those laws with force. For example, during reconstruction the people of the south still didn't want to accept that the north won, and so they resisted politically and with normal people(citizens) as well, the federal government had to send troops to enforce those laws. When radical new things come about, resistance will always come and because of that resistance the government has to do something about it or that dissent will grow. Over time people rely more on government power which gives them more power, what happens when that power grows and someone takes office, say someone right wing who now have greater power? all those left wing radical changes will be undone for radical right wing changes. What happens if a Hitler takes power? it'll be to late to turn back. My point is the scales tipping too far in any one direction can create irrevocable damage, now that doesn't mean maintaining the status quo either, politics change with generations, the issue is America has created this illusion of a scale that only goes left or right, it's why Europeans laugh at us, European countries have far more than two parties, much more diverse than just left or right.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Man, looking on twitter, I don't understand how so much people, whom many are fans of superheroes both in comics and anime, can be such retards and so much detached from the role models they grew up on.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 29, 2019 12:46 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 pmI don't understand how people, whom are fans of superheroes both in comics and anime, can be so detached from the role models they grew up on.
A good number of people believe that someone is automatically good and can do no wrong if they're rich and popular. If some middle class or poor person did the same things a popular person did you'd see everyone and their pet throw the book at them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 pm

It wasn't shared here that Mignogna was reduced to making mall appearances, right? Not only was that cancelled, but the venue's changed from that to a dojo.

Talk about a fall from grace.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed May 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 pm It wasn't shared here that Mignogna was reduced to making mall appearances, right? Not only was that cancelled, but the venue's changed from that to a dojo.
So the only place he can go is somewhere everyone can curbstomp him at a moment's notice :lol: ?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu May 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Interesting that one of the guys hosting it is one of the higher up staff members from Kameha Con. I've definitely seen some of those guys trying to play the "I just want to learn the truth, so I have no opinion" card regarding the Vic situation, but outright hosting an event for him paints a pretty clear picture of where their loyalties lie (not that I'm saying the actions of one staff member represent the whole organization, but it matches with the vibe I got from them). I have wondered if cancelling him in the first place was something they only did because they were "supposed" to, and once his lawyer started making threats for contract breach that they gladly brought him back on because now they "had" to :think:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Monica and Ron have filed another legal motion. Highly recommended reading -- it's them calling out Vic for skipping his deposition. A Dallas journalist with knowledge of a relevant hearing today also shared the judge's dissatisfaction with Mr. Beard.

Oh, and guess who also got called out complete with visual evidence?
10. Plaintiff’s actions outside of this lawsuit have proven that his request for

confidentiality is a disingenuous and he is wasting the courts valuable time and resources.

Plaintiff’s attorneys have appeared on episodes of the YouTube channel for Rekieta Law

describing the facts of the case, the pleadings and the Defendants, providing images of evidence

they intend to use in the case, and discussing their legal strategy. Rekieta Law is a YouTube

channel that describes on its own webpage the following: “He's a lawyer who lawsplains [sic]

legal topics to the internet, fueled by whiskey and rage.” Plaintiff’s attorneys are sharing

information about the case with Nick Rekieta, the creator of the YouTube channel, to be

disbursed to Plaintiff’s fanbase and viewers of Rekieta Law. Many of Rekieta Law’s episodes

have over 75,000 views from different individuals. Furthermore, Plaintiff’s attorneys have even

attempted to sell merchandise (patches and t-shirts) in support of Ty Beard and Plaintiff with the

slogan “Fear the Beard” as a way to intimidate Defendants and rile up the fanbase of Plaintiff.9

The amount of publicity and public attention that Plaintiff voluntarily created, and continues to

create, regarding this case shows that he has no actual concern for the protection of

confidentiality or the sensitivity of the subject matter.
More "character attacks", as I'm certain his defense force would claim.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri May 31, 2019 5:40 pm

So once again I state for emphasis, this is the dude Vic has chosen to continue to employ as his legal representation.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃