"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:57 amShallot SSJ2 coming soon though, I bet Shallot would have all the SSJ form before Pan get all the SSJ form in SDBH :lol:
I mean, not that Pan needs all Super Saiyan forms, just Super Saiyan is enough (and maybe Super Saiyan 2). It would actually be better if Super Saiyan 2 were to be the strongest form Shallot will get. No one really needs anything more than that.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:47 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:57 amShallot SSJ2 coming soon though, I bet Shallot would have all the SSJ form before Pan get all the SSJ form in SDBH :lol:
I mean, not that Pan needs all Super Saiyan forms, just Super Saiyan is enough (and maybe Super Saiyan 2). It would actually be better if Super Saiyan 2 were to be the strongest form Shallot will get. No one really needs anything more than that.
It was just a joke implying that Shallot a new character get more love than Pan who is a veteran lol
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 20, 2019 7:13 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 pm
It was just a joke implying that Shallot a new character get more love than Pan who is a veteran lol
Goten also hasn't gotten anything.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am

sintzu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:13 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Goten also hasn't gotten anything.
He at least got a Xeno version in Heroes, and he already had SS1 and SS3 via Gotenks to begin with. Pan never even got that. Raditz, Nappa and Bardock got SS1 before she did, and the latter got everything up to 4.

As for Shallot, judging by how this campaign is structured, I'm sure he'll eventually get at least SS3. Whether he goes SS4 or the God route after that is a question. On the one hand, the fact he has a tail makes him a good fit for 4. On the other hand, this game seems more likely to follow the Super plot, and it might be interesting to see a tailed Saiyan with the red and blue hair.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 pmIt was just a joke implying that Shallot a new character get more love than Pan who is a veteran lol
I know. I think probably it may have something to do with popularity too, though Pan was prominent in Dragon Ball GT, that was decades ago. Maybe Dragon Ball Legends/Shallot, for being the main character here, is more popular these days. All we can do is just wait, it may take forever but who knows what Dimps will do with Pan and the likes.
sintzu wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:13 amGoten also hasn't gotten anything.
Xeno Goten has the Ultimate transformation.

Anyway, I find myself stuck in the fight against Super Saiyan Goku in the "Man in Red" part, though I have more battle power, I still lose to him. What should I do? How can I get my characters stronger when their level are at max already?

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kogath

Post by Kogath » Mon May 20, 2019 8:54 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am He at least got a Xeno version in Heroes, and he already had SS1 and SS3 via Gotenks to begin with. Pan never even got that. Raditz, Nappa and Bardock got SS1 before she did, and the latter got everything up to 4.
Heck, Raditz and Nappa even got SSJ3...

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 pm

Kogath wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:54 pm
Kataphrut wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am He at least got a Xeno version in Heroes, and he already had SS1 and SS3 via Gotenks to begin with. Pan never even got that. Raditz, Nappa and Bardock got SS1 before she did, and the latter got everything up to 4.
Heck, Raditz and Nappa even got SSJ3...
indeed, Heroes is really weird like that, looks to me like the devs have biases of their own, of course the popularity of the character is important too but Nappa and Raditz who literally haven't done anything relevant at all since being killed off in Z having SS3 and Pan the only heir to the main character having nothing at all makes you think, at this point the only way for her to have some relevance is for GT to be retconned as a Super sequel and then surely he will have to get some spotlight since we already have 2 super saiyan females.

btw what happened to whoever was making a summary of the story so far in this thread??? i don't play this game but i was really interested in the story because i'm a sucker for DB what-if, but i haven't seen anything since Shallot became Super Saiyan for the first time, fast foward a couple of months later and now he is SS2, obviously tons of things happened all the way to this point and i wanna know what's up, maybe if any of you know of some site or social media where somebody is doing a review of the story events would be very appreciated

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 pm

The story is actually in a really cool spot at the moment.

I don't know how much we care about spoilers, but to sum it up:
Sorry, long post but I'm liking the story a lot at the moment. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on, some fun takes on the source material.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 am

Alright, so I have literally less than one week to catch up on the Story Mode, fortunately, I've just got to the Cell Games part (hopefully it's not long), gonna start it as soon as possible. Can't wait for Super Saiyan 2 Shallot!

Can anyone give me some luck in the summon? I still can't get Super Saiyan Bardock... :cry: This game should have a trade mode or something, lots of unwanting characters just occupying slots.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Damn, defeating Brolli in Kakarot! Level 50 is impossible without the Goku, Goten and Gohan from the movie. I have that Gohan, but as luck goes, he has element weakness + without Goku and Goten, he is useless. Thus I have zero chances to beat the last mission...

Is there any way? Also, I have discovered the Ki cancel on some forums but I haven't managed to pull it off, or I do not know how does it look like or what does it do exactly?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon May 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Forget what you learned a new version of the battle system will come, with what I understood new ability cards.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:16 pm Forget what you learned a new version of the battle system will come, with what I understood new ability cards.
Yeah, I know, but I still have to defeat Broly!!! :evil:

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 pm Damn, defeating Brolli in Kakarot! Level 50 is impossible without the Goku, Goten and Gohan from the movie. I have that Gohan, but as luck goes, he has element weakness + without Goku and Goten, he is useless. Thus I have zero chances to beat the last mission...

Is there any way? Also, I have discovered the Ki cancel on some forums but I haven't managed to pull it off, or I do not know how does it look like or what does it do exactly?
It's possible to beat that level without any boost characters. I don't have that amazing Goten. But I have Redhan and he did the job. On youtube, you can find people beating it with mono purple and no boost chars at all, but it's very hard.
Ki cancel guide (and other great tips): Check BEBOP videos on YT. If you have trouble understanding it I can try to explain it to you here but his videos are really great help and should be enough.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 28, 2019 2:40 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 pm Damn, defeating Brolli in Kakarot! Level 50 is impossible without the Goku, Goten and Gohan from the movie. I have that Gohan, but as luck goes, he has element weakness + without Goku and Goten, he is useless. Thus I have zero chances to beat the last mission...

It's possible to beat that level without any boost characters. I don't have that amazing Goten. But I have Redhan and he did the job. On youtube, you can find people beating it with mono purple and no boost chars at all, but it's very hard.
Ki cancel guide (and other great tips): Check BEBOP videos on YT. If you have trouble understanding it I can try to explain it to you here but his videos are really great help and should be enough.
Thanks a lot, man! I will give it a try :)

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue May 28, 2019 3:49 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:40 pm Thanks a lot, man! I will give it a try :)
You're welcome and good luck because you need that too!
(AI with RR guessing can be frustrating...)
ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm Maybe I'm playing the game wrong, but my team is basically made up of all six elements, with the strongest (in terms of power level) of each color. Are the boosts that come from teams really good enough to consider using? Personally, when I play PvP, I always look at what elements my opponent is lacking and try to use that against them. If they have two reds, I'll use a blue. If they don't have a yellow, I know that my red character is a safe choice. It seems like every time a player has a weakness like that, I have a pretty big advantage. Using three characters of the same element just for their buffs seems like a bad idea.
Synergy > Type advantage. It really is. I can get to BR50 without too much sweat since some time now. Can't get top10k yet because past that point some players are crazy skilled. My movie team is BLU Gogeta/PUR Broly/Fury Broly, bench: Raditz/Shallot/EX Coora. My SSJ team is GTku (his blast dmg is VERY good), SSJdock, PUR Broly, bench: GRN EXgeta, Raditz, YEL Super Vegeta. I have other teams but these two are the strongest for pvp considering my actual options.

I feel the female warrior team is among the best teams in the game. Future/Regen/Android are all very solid too. Actually the game is very versatile in terms of team composition and I really like that.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 29, 2019 11:52 am

Man, I give up... even with tutorials. I can manage to get together good purple team, someone even suggested Chilled.
Broly has one weakness, he can't react to close punches. That doesn't solve anything tough, as the damage is small and time runs out this away - only helpful effect is, that he can't react, but your output isn't sufficient therefore it doesn't matter.
The most far I managed to get him was to Break, but at that time, my team is almost dead and it takes one hit from him to end it.

And WTF moments like when you sidestep from his RR and he outright starts punching you? WHAT THE HELL?!

I am up for challenge, but stuff like this is outright retarded, like super armor in XV series.
I know it is done, so people who throw away nonsensical amount of money to get Goten, Goku and Gohan can make it,
but still. F this game, going to spend time with something else.

Vegeto and SSJB Goku and Vegeta are coming on anniversary, but definitely as part of some new banner, that will give you tons of Heroes and Extremes :evil:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 29, 2019 12:49 pm

And somehow managed to catch up on the Story Mode. Whew... Talk about "gotta go fast"!

Holy god, I can't believe they actually put Bardock, Goku and Gohan in the same place and there isn't even a "hi" among them! :| What the hell, it is time for that encounter, make it happen once and for all! Anyway, hopefully Bardock also awakens to "new" heights and plays more in the Story Mode.

I'm also enjoying a lot Shallot and Giblet story, it's very intriguing and hopefully they show (or at least tell) us more about their past with flashback and such. I'd like to see them as kids and how Planet Sadala (I assume and hope they come from planet Sadala) was.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed May 29, 2019 1:11 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:52 am Man, I give up...
Hmm, don't you have Redhan? My last RR with him could Rising KO with above 1mil damage. With Son Family and Red buffs he deals good enough damage. You know how to optimize your RR right? Like save the blue cards, use green cards.... Also if you farmed Yamucha he is OP in PvE, I didn't farm his souls but if you did, with his green cards you can cancel all of Broly's attacks + once you've used a certain amount of his green cards (I think 6?) you get a free RR. So with a bit of luck you can RR four times in that battle. So that is two options you can make with one being f2p. I agree with you Bandai is very greedy because if you don't have at least the new Goten the fight is very hard. Also you can use tap attacks to cancel Broly's special if you time it right... At any rate it would be stupid to spend tons of CCs to just get 1k back, lol.
I like the challenge but the AI is so cheated I agree it's frustrating. You still have a small week to make it, 1k CC is a lot for f2p.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:49 pm Holy god, I can't believe they actually put Bardock, Goku and Gohan in the same place and there isn't even a "hi" among them! :| What the hell, it is time for that encounter, make it happen once and for all! Anyway, hopefully Bardock also awakens to "new" heights and plays more in the Story Mode.
Bardock noted how similar Goku looked to himself, but he knows his son as "Kakarot," not "Goku." He might have put the pieces together and isn't showing it, but I don't know what he would say, exactly.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed May 29, 2019 2:23 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:52 am
And WTF moments like when you sidestep from his RR and he outright starts punching you? WHAT THE HELL?!
Oh yeah that's an actual technique, like when you RR, you have the possibility to select a strike card (if you have one at disposal) for a half-second between both animations or so, so that if your opponents evades (if you do that you time it wrong on purpose so that he evades it) the next action after his vanish is you hitting and if you have enough mana you can chain a combo, it's called "RR bait" or smth I think. AI isn't supposed to do that though lol I think it's the first mission it's doing it.

Ps. I assumed by "sidestep" you meant vanish