"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 23, 2019 11:40 am

shadowfox87 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 am
Yes, I understand that re-tellings of the same story with differences will lead to contradictions. SDBH has the arcade game, the anime, and the manga. DBS also has a manga and an anime. Basically, I go by DBO, XV, and SDBH manga for the expanded DB verse. I do think that all three helps fill in blanks. DBO setup the original story by Toriyama, more than 7 years prior to DBS. Back then, DBO was regarded as the closest thing to the official canon sequel. It introduced the ideas of Mira, Towa, Fu, and the Time Patrol. We didn't know the events before that which came in XV. SDBH also adds more lore to the story. I think while they are all from different authors, they all are borrowing ideas from each other and expanding the story. For example, the DBS manga tells us how Zamasu originally learned of Goku through GodTube without ever meeting him. The DBS manga tells us things we never learn in the manga such as Jiren's wish and how long Belmoud has been a Hakaishin for. This additional information adds to the overall story. Similarly, we were given a story in DBO, which now has more information. We were never told the name of the Kaioshin of Time, Chronoa, in DBO, but we did know there existed one.
I think we can agree with the idea that the expanded DB verse does help fill in blanks with respect to certain characters' history or being present but it's also important we make the distinction that a lot of them are also separated timeline-wise.

But there are certain stories that take priority above others, like SDBH arcade > SDBH manga and anime > DBH UMX. Or perhaps XV > DBO (not really familiar with XV in general). And most of the time, they're pretty self-contained with common references to a certain characters' past since they're all rooted in the same way, but the story plays out differently.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am

Color pictures of the Saikyo Jump promos

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:12 pm
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:53 pm Just thought of something, shouldn't we be getting towards a teaser soon for the SS4? last year it was around the middle of the year for Bardock's tease IIRC? I could be wrong though
Too soon for the teaser, if i recall right the one with Vegetto didn't came out until somewhere around August, at tha moment i had 1 month in my new job that i started in July and i remember how i saw the reveal and all that stuff here first thing in the morning, also i'm sure there is an annual Heroes event around those months where they reveal like 4 months worth of future missions that go all the way to the end of the year, don't remember the name of the event but it happens every year is the biggest one they make, pretty sure that was when the reveal with the 3D trailer happened anyway.
I see. I really am excited to see if we get anything going forward from it.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun May 26, 2019 7:40 am

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 29, 2019 1:42 am

Three new stories in SDBH UVM9

New Age: Immortal Master piece Dragon Ball GT The Explosion!: New age linked to Dragon Ball GT which is still loved! The transformation scene of successful bosses, shocks and revive here and now! The number of GT characters is also increased in this line up of cards!

The battle stage heads to the 7th universe! The summit battle begins!: universal conflict battle continues, hearts’ group goes to universe 7 Piccolo and Android 17 gather to the stage for this decisive battle! The battle to save the universe begins!

Plunge into the Demon Realm! New warriors join one after another!: Dark King mechikabura sets forth, Goku and the time patrol rush to the demon realm! The powered up demon gods rise up! The battle is overwhelming even a Super-surprising character also participates!(Also I believe this new “super-surprising” character is who Wataru Higuchi was talking about in the SDBH 8th anniversary guide book when he said a new character would come in later UvM set to introduce us to the new story like trunks xeno did in JM7!)

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Wed May 29, 2019 7:59 am

I’m wondering if this surprise is Demon King Piccolo finally joining the Demon Realm warriors.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed May 29, 2019 8:37 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:42 am Three new stories in SDBH UVM9

New Age: Immortal Master piece Dragon Ball GT The Explosion!: New age linked to Dragon Ball GT which is still loved! The transformation scene of successful bosses, shocks and revive here and now! The number of GT characters is also increased in this line up of cards!

The battle stage heads to the 7th universe! The summit battle begins!: universal conflict battle continues, hearts’ group goes to universe 7 Piccolo and Android 17 gather to the stage for this decisive battle! The battle to save the universe begins!

Plunge into the Demon Realm! New warriors join one after another!: Dark King mechikabura sets forth, Goku and the time patrol rush to the demon realm! The powered up demon gods rise up! The battle is overwhelming even a Super-surprising character also participates!(Also I believe this new “super-surprising” character is who Wataru Higuchi was talking about in the SDBH 8th anniversary guide book when he said a new character would come in later UvM set to introduce us to the new story like trunks xeno did in JM7!)

Yes! More GT content!

Where did this info came from though? Saikyo Jump leaks?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:48 pm

Yeeees 17 and Piccolo are getting involved!

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed May 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Where did all of this came from??? more specifically the GT part??? haven't seen anything in twitter but maybe i'm searching wrong but if real, duuuuuddddeeee this is awesome!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Always thought about a GT reboot in anime form or something along the lines of that, of course we already have the Xeno Time Patrol stuff with the Demons which is the closest, but something compromised of only GT stuff sounds really cool, maybe this time Goten can get some REAL love after all, not to mention Pan and even Oob, so much stuff can be done with them, really looking foward to more news of this and hope it keeps happening along the other stories all the way in the future and not just one off thing.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Where did all of this came from??? more specifically the GT part??? haven't seen anything in twitter but maybe i'm searching wrong but if real, duuuuuddddeeee this is awesome!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Always thought about a GT reboot in anime form or something along the lines of that, of course we already have the Xeno Time Patrol stuff with the Demons which is the closest, but something compromised of only GT stuff sounds really cool, maybe this time Goten can get some REAL love after all, not to mention Pan and even Oob, so much stuff can be done with them, really looking foward to more news of this and hope it keeps happening along the other stories all the way in the future and not just one off thing.
Wait so can someone explain the GT Part please are they continuing from the ending of the Shadow Dragons saga (but instead of Anime it's in the game) Or am I reading wrong

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Wait so can someone explain the GT Part please are they continuing from the ending of the Shadow Dragons saga (but instead of Anime it's in the game) Or am I reading wrong
I believe it’s just a retelling of GT, I could be wrong but that’s all the info I have and it’s really vague. You gotta think we just had Age of dragon ball for Goku and vegeta which goes over all their transformations in the main story.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed May 29, 2019 7:45 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 pm

I believe it’s just a retelling of GT, I could be wrong but that’s all the info I have and it’s really vague. You gotta think we just had Age of dragon ball for Goku and vegeta which goes over all their transformations in the main story.
Oh wow...that's pretty boring

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed May 29, 2019 9:19 pm

You should share the source next time around.

https://ameblo.jp/daimaou-zoma/entry-12464742951.html

I'm not sure if this is a copy-paste of an official leak or just another blogger's own personal take on a leak. But pls don't try to mislead ppl here, is all I'm asking.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed May 29, 2019 9:50 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 pm

for real?? are you kidding me??? like i'm pretty sure the first missions of the arcade already covered all that, there is even trailers too, and even then ok english is not my first language however i'm really sure what your translation of the GT part of that blog talks about a ''New Age'' of sorts like a new chapter in the story, now the wording is kinda off so i don't know if you used a translation machine or it's just your interpretation but i guess we'll have to wait until late month June to find out the answer.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed May 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:19 pm

You should share the source next time around.

https://ameblo.jp/daimaou-zoma/entry-12464742951.html

I'm not sure if this is a copy-paste of an official leak or just another blogger's own personal take on a leak. But pls don't try to mislead ppl here, is all I'm asking.

This guy post leak for every mission basically, so 100% real. Also how am I “misleading” the people here? This guy obviously has some inside info because he post leaks for basically every set and hasn’t been wrong once.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 am

Saiga wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 am
Is this the Saikyo jump being released on the 1st? I'll be in Japan then and I'm wondering if I'll be able to pick these up.
Sorry just repeating my question - does anyone know if the SS4 XGohan promo is coming with the June 1st Saikyo jump? I'm going to be in Japan for then and wanted to know if I'd be able to pick it up.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 30, 2019 9:51 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:52 pm

This guy post leak for every mission basically, so 100% real. Also how am I “misleading” the people here? This guy obviously has some inside info because he post leaks for basically every set and hasn’t been wrong once.
Yes the leaks may be true but the words are his/her own. You post them like it's supposed to be some official announcement.

Like I said, at least put forth the source next time so ppl don't get mislead into thinking that.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 30, 2019 9:56 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:40 am https://twitter.com/Lord_Towa9377/statu ... 0802374656

Heroes has a baseball mode now? :lol:
Yeah but it seems to be a limited time event only, and only uses the Charge Impact action.

http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/mission/mission35.php

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 pm I believe it’s just a retelling of GT, I could be wrong but that’s all the info I have and it’s really vague. You gotta think we just had Age of dragon ball for Goku and vegeta which goes over all their transformations in the main story.
If is only a retelling that's disappointing but the simple fact they went for GT is interesting on its own right.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 30, 2019 1:56 pm

Saiga wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:57 am
Saiga wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 am
Is this the Saikyo jump being released on the 1st? I'll be in Japan then and I'm wondering if I'll be able to pick these up.
Sorry just repeating my question - does anyone know if the SS4 XGohan promo is coming with the June 1st Saikyo jump? I'm going to be in Japan for then and wanted to know if I'd be able to pick it up.
It should be if it's the promo card with the latest edition.