Who is the most evil character in Dragonball?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Who is the most evil character in Dragonball?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:27 pm

When you have characters like Daimao and Grey Buu, who are literally made out of evil, this seems like a pretty obvious question. Freeza, Zamasu, etc., are all evil people, but they all have qualities that dilute that. The "pure evil" characters do not; they are not even natural beings. They are literally created out of pure evil.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:43 pm

It's easily Zamasu, with Freeza at 2nd place.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 pm

I’d say either Cell or Bibidi.

Cell wanted to achieve perfection and when he did his only goal was to use his power to destroy for his own delight.

Otherwise I’d say Bibidi. He created/summoned Majin Buu to destroy the gods of the universe and throw reality into chaos for the lulz.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu May 16, 2019 10:36 pm

I haven't been really keeping up with the DBS manga, but from what I've read on the wiki, Moro seems to be pretty scary and ruthless. But I don't know enough about him.

That aside, I'd say Frieza. He's the purest form of evil without being an actual evil incarnate, and of all the villains in the series, Frieza is the most consciously evil. It is entirely his will to be evil. This is different from the likes of Daimao and Buu who are some form of evil incarnate, and are unconsciously evil. And while Zamasu is indeed evil, he's not plain evil. I would describe him more as morally corrupt.

Then there's Cell. He's kind of a mix of Frieza and evil incarnates like Daimao and Buu. He's pre-programmed to be the way he is, but personality wise, he seems to have his own autonomy and could probably make the choice to be good, but just chooses not to like Frieza. So he could be argued to be just as evil as Frieza.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 21, 2019 3:23 am

This asshole.
He decides that since Boo is killing people then that gives him justification to gun down as many innocent people as he can before deciding that he should also attempt to kill Boo, the guy was a total psychopath just waiting for something big to go down so that no one could stop him.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 pm

lol @ people saying "Zamasu isn't true evil, he thought what he was doing was good".

No he didn't. You don't try to commit genocide against all mortal life in the universe out of a sense of goodness, because there is no utilitarian upside to that. He did it because he was a selfish, pompous twat.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 pm lol @ people saying "Zamasu isn't true evil, he thought what he was doing was good".

No he didn't. You don't try to commit genocide against all mortal life in the universe out of a sense of goodness, because there is no utilitarian upside to that. He did it because he was a selfish, pompous twat.
Also people saying Zeno isn't evil because he's childish and doesn't know any better. He's been around for presumably billions of years, so that's no excuse.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Fri May 24, 2019 2:48 pm

Frieza. He's got no redeeming qualities except some warped sense of trust towards certain people.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 29, 2019 4:59 am

wolflonnie wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:48 pm Frieza. He's got no redeeming qualities except some warped sense of trust towards certain people.
Really? I'd argue his help in saving U7 is a redeeming quality, even if he was doing it for selfish reasons.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:25 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 pm lol @ people saying "Zamasu isn't true evil, he thought what he was doing was good".

So is Beerus then, who was willing to commit world genocide simply because someone stole his pudding. Yet I don't see anyone pointing fingers at him.

Oh right, he is called "God of Destruction", thus he is free to end entire planets for silly reasons.

And he is a "selfish, popmpous twat"? Get real, he is a God. The vast majority of Gods in any fiction are selfish, pompous twats. Especially in Dragon Ball, very few gods are actually humble, and you can count them on the fingers of one hand.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 29, 2019 1:05 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:25 am

So is Beerus then, who was willing to commit world genocide simply because someone stole his pudding. Yet I don't see anyone pointing fingers at him.

Oh right, he is called "God of Destruction", thus he is free to end entire planets for silly reasons.

And he is a "selfish, popmpous twat"? Get real, he is a God. The vast majority of Gods in any fiction are selfish, pompous twats. Especially in Dragon Ball, very few gods are actually humble, and you can count them on the fingers of one hand.
I argued for Beerus in the 'which villain has the best design' thread, but many people kept telling me he wasn't a villain.

Even if he is on the heroes' side now, he was still a villain to begin with, just as much as Piccolo or Vegeta were.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:05 pm

I argued for Beerus in the 'which villain has the best design' thread, but many people kept telling me he wasn't a villain.

Even if he is on the heroes' side now, he was still a villain to begin with, just as much as Piccolo or Vegeta were.
Those people do know that he destroyed half of an entire planet simply because he didn't like the food cooked there, right? And that he is pretty much garbage at his job (Zeno outright states that). Oh, for the record, he joined the "heroes" side on the same day he tried to kill them all because Boo ate his pudding.

Honestly, if Zamasu is evil (which I didn't deny), then so are Beerus and Zeno. And at least Zamasu had legit reasons for doing the things he did. He did not commit genocide simply because he was bored one day or someone ate his dessert.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes. For all intents and purposes, Zamas was a fucking evil, arrogant douche bag who attempted to enforce his flawed philosophy unto the entire cosmos. He deemed everyone who wasn't himself as unnecessary existences who he yearned to kill himself to satisfy his own sadistic pleasure. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous. Beerus is an evil murderer too, as with all of the other Hakaishin. Zeno is included in this. The difference between them and Zamas was that he (Zamas) had no restraint other than not wishing to harm the planets themselves (though even this boundary falls apart towards the end of the arc in the manga). He wasn't concerned with the balance. He didn't give a fuck. His word was law and any attempt at dismissal would lead to him adding you to his shitlist--mortals and even gods alike.

Zamas was literally thought the world revolved around him. He was a textbook psychopath.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:27 pm

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Zamasu turned into a genocidal maniac (Goku's arrogance and violence and Gowasu's incompetence played a big role in his descent into madness), but he clearly had good intentions, such as the desire to create everlasting multiversal peace. Evil people can still have noble goals, but they simply take the wrong approach to those goals, and often it's because they are misguided. Such is the case with Zamasu.

And honestly, if Gowasu had been more cunning (i.e. not put so much blind faith in Zamasu after seeing his intense doubt) and Goku had been more respectful and patient, then Zamasu would have most likely remained good and pure of heart like he was in the beginning. Indeed, that's why Gowasu in the end admitted that he failed Zamasu. He was his teacher and yet he failed to set his dear pupil on the right path.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:36 pm

You attempting to rationalize his behavior towards committing mass genocide is incredibly both disturbing and concerning (as if all your posts on this forum revolving around this character and your praise towards him as if he weren't fictional wasn't enough).

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu May 30, 2019 1:29 pm

Beerus is squarely chaotic neutral. He killed Zamasu after finding out what he was up to, and otherwise is shown to be capable of mercy and some level of chill.

Zamasu is basically Cosmic Hitler.
And he is a "selfish, popmpous twat"? Get real, he is a God.
The vast majority of Gods in any fiction are selfish, pompous twats.
...Well as long as we agree.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:58 pm

Beerus is squarely chaotic neutral.
Yes, he is chaotic neutral in the sense that he doesn't actually care about doing his job, hence why Zeno was thinking of replacing him. He is chaotic neutral in the sense that he is willing to destroy entire civilizations for very silly and childish reasons.
and otherwise is shown to be capable of mercy and some level of chill.
Yes... so long as you don't cook bad food or steal his dessert, otherwise he might go on a genocidal rampage.
Zamasu is basically Cosmic Hitler.
He turned into a sort of Cosmic Hitler, yes.
...Well as long as we agree.
We agree that Zamasu, like pretty much every other God, is selfish and haughty. He isn't even the worst in that department, personally Roh of Universe 9 is much more obnoxious and insufferable.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:58 pmHe turned into a sort of Cosmic Hitler, yes.
Not "sort of." He was worse than Hitler.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 30, 2019 5:35 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:58 pmHe turned into a sort of Cosmic Hitler, yes.
I'd say Hitler was worse, because he was actually real and killed real people.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:55 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:35 pm
mfwlegend3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm
I'd say Hitler was worse, because he was actually real and killed real people.
Of course...? We're talking about the context of the story for the sake of a comparison between the two.