"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:36 pmBardock noted how similar Goku looked to himself, but he knows his son as "Kakarot," not "Goku." He might have put the pieces together and isn't showing it, but I don't know what he would say, exactly.
Yeah, we could have finally got a great moment among those three but they preferred to play safe. It is high time for a proper meeting, c'mon!
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 30, 2019 6:31 am

Looks like the anniversary update will raise the level cap to 3000- say goodbye to your zeni and souls, boys...

It's not going to be in effect for the next round of PVP (stats will cap at 2000) but it will be good news for people struggling with some of the tougher PVE challenges. Anyone who still hasn't beaten 'Kakarot! and got those free 1000 crystals will have a leg-up.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri May 31, 2019 6:59 am

So the update is now here a lot of things has been added.

Like the Dragon Ball system with QR code but how does that works ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 31, 2019 7:31 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:59 am So the update is now here a lot of things has been added.

Like the Dragon Ball system with QR code but how does that works ?
You meet up with your friend, he generates the code and you scan it.
I have only one physical friend in Czech Republic, who plays the game and as we are bot busy,
we will try to share screenshots and scan it from PC monitor and see if that works as well :)

Jeeez, after getting almost 3/4 of all the characters I have to 2000 level, now I have to unlock next tier with all my favorites and get new resources for that, aaaaaah, that will take like a month at best!

I have skipped the new battle system video and playing the game personally, I haven't noticed anything different?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri May 31, 2019 8:25 am

Little offtopic, but, they really like to put Legend/Densetsu in titles of Dragon Ball games :)

Dragon Ball Z: Idainaru Son Goku Densetsu for PC Engine CD
Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu for Nintendo DS
Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu for Super Famicom
Dragon Ball Z: The Legend for PS One
Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for Game Boy Color

Then again, there is nothing wrong with that, since all of above games were really good :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri May 31, 2019 8:38 am

coola wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:25 am Little offtopic, but, they really like to put Legend/Densetsu in titles of Dragon Ball games :)
It's because Dragon Ball is a Legen........

........wait for it........

........dary Franchise.

So guys for the QR code I suggest we do things through private message for not overload this topic with dozen of picture and of course we will use imgur because it's the most practical website for sharing QR code picture.

Also here is my friend code 6agpjccy. add me guys.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri May 31, 2019 8:58 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:38 am So guys for the QR code I suggest we do things through private message for not overload this topic with dozen of picture and of course we will use imgur because it's the most practical website for sharing QR code picture.

Also here is my friend code 6agpjccy. add me guys.
Alright mate sent you a request here's my code t2drtewq
I'm totally on board for sharing the QR thing through pm if anyone interested just send me the pm with the screen cheers :thumbup:

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri May 31, 2019 11:47 am

Ok I've read this

QR Codes are region-locked so be sure to specify your region. (Example: Europe, North America, Japan, etc) also you can have 4 QR a day and the code works for only 5 minutes.

That is a huge mess for a thing that would have been much easier if The code was infinite in availability in time, to have not this region lock stupid thing.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 31, 2019 12:02 pm

This QR code Dragon Ball hunt thing is really annoying. So you can only share codes with friends, and the code only lasts for five minutes, and the code might not even give you a Dragon Ball, and you only scan four times a day. Oh, AND the codes are region locked! Wonderful. This isn't an anime universe like Yu-Gi-Oh! where everyone goes to school to learn how to play the same game. This is so tedious.

Well, I don't know how I can share a code fast enough that it won't expire. Maybe if people want to add me on Discord, that could work, if we both happen to be online at the same time. I'm about to go to work at the moment, but if you wanna add me for later...

Region: North America
DBL: 3ry6hzjp
Discord: ZeroNeonix#5764

I noticed the battle system feels different. I'm not sure what all has changed, but I noted a few things. Normal ki blasts seem to fire much faster, and they added a new mid-range melee tap attack, where your character leaps forward and backhands your opponent away. I could see that being useful.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:55 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:02 pm This QR code Dragon Ball hunt thing is really annoying. So you can only share codes with friends, and the code only lasts for five minutes, and the code might not even give you a Dragon Ball, and you only scan four times a day. Oh, AND the codes are region locked! Wonderful. This isn't an anime universe like Yu-Gi-Oh! where everyone goes to school to learn how to play the same game. This is so tedious.
I have to agree I hope they never do this again lol

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:16 pm

Anyone from Europe here? My friend code is 8jr6hruc.
Let's add ourselves and meet in group chat at a specific time :)

This event is really annoying... most people playing this game are in productive age, going to work and not meeting after school in groups to swap codes. This bull**** with franchise popular mostly among adults who were watching the original than the target group is kinda embarasing.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm

I can say I've quite enjoyed this update. SSJ2 Shallot was expected (didn't got to that part of the story yet, so plz don't spoil me), but I'm mainly talking about battle changes, tackle can be very useful and other things might stop people for waiting passively for the opponent to attack so they can dodge and :yawn:

The anniversary event was quite cool, didn't expect to test both SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta so soon, but... Super Vegetto to give them trouble? I don't know I can buy if he's like somekind of Multiverse Vegetto who trained a decade after Boo, either way just SSJ God Goku would be enough to match him, I guess... Didn't get much the end, but was their clash what resulted in Shallot losing his memory?

Characters wise, I have little CC so I know I might suffer trying to get these, I'm only interested in Super Vegetto, don't have plans for a God team yet.

Nice that their changed their logo to blue, but I was more used to the gold one, hope it comes back someday.
MCDaveG wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 pm Damn, defeating Brolli in Kakarot! Level 50 is impossible without the Goku, Goten and Gohan from the movie. I have that Gohan, but as luck goes, he has element weakness + without Goku and Goten, he is useless. Thus I have zero chances to beat the last mission...

Is there any way? Also, I have discovered the Ki cancel on some forums but I haven't managed to pull it off, or I do not know how does it look like or what does it do exactly?
Yeah I've could only defeat him after the cap increase, shame on me :lol:

SSJ Bardock Lv. 3000 did the trick.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm I can say I've quite enjoyed this update. SSJ2 Shallot was expected (didn't got to that part of the story yet, so plz don't spoil me), but I'm mainly talking about battle changes, tackle can be very useful and other things might stop people for waiting passively for the opponent to attack so they can dodge and :yawn:

The anniversary event was quite cool, didn't expect to test both SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta so soon, but... Super Vegetto to give them trouble? I don't know I can buy if he's like somekind of Multiverse Vegetto who trained a decade after Boo, either way just SSJ God Goku would be enough to match him, I guess... Didn't get much the end, but was their clash what resulted in Shallot losing his memory?

Characters wise, I have little CC so I know I might suffer trying to get these, I'm only interested in Super Vegetto, don't have plans for a God team yet.

Nice that their changed their logo to blue, but I was more used to the gold one, hope it comes back someday.
I won't spoil anything about Shallot's new transformation, except that you're not a real fan unless you were humming "Yuduliya-vele, Yuduliya-vele" as it happened.

I've never been big into power scaling, but the one "hot take" I've latched onto and will stand by no matter what is that Super Vegetto as he was in the Buu saga could stack up to and in some cases exceed the early tiers of Super. At the very least, it fits with them subtly scaling back the power of god ki in the latter half of the series, plus it makes Kefla's power more believable.

So I got a little kick out of this game backing up my views with that event. Also, I like that Vegetto seems proud of Goku and Vegeta for trying to fight individually. Like, the idea that a fusion would share the fusees view on personal gain is interesting, because he's basically admitting that his own existence is an "affront."

Cool units, not sure which banner I'm leaning towards. I've saved up quite a bit (over 3K on F2P, these past few events have been generous) so i'm hopeful I'll be able to try for both. I think I'll aim for Goku first, I've got a good Son Family team, plus I really want Golden Freeza.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:34 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm Tackle can be very useful and other things might stop people for waiting passively for the opponent to attack so they can dodge and :yawn:
And yet I still don't get how you do this move :crazy:
Kataphrut wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:00 pmI won't spoil anything about Shallot's new transformation, except that you're not a real fan unless you were humming "Yuduliya-vele, Yuduliya-vele" as it happened.
Ah I see you are a man of culture as well 8)

For the update, I got Buuhan, Super Vegetto, Kuririn and (Red) Gogeta. I only talk about Sparking here. Character that are still not in my grabs are Golden Frieza, Goku & Vegeta Bleu, Second movie Broly, the son Familly Kamehameha, The two Gohan SSJ2, Gohan Ultimate, Zamasu, Cooler form final, Android 16, Super Perfect Cell, Hyper Omega Rild, Evil Majin Buu, Gotenks and Goku SSJ3.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Amazing banners, and so many hype units! I've been saving for godki....

:mrgreen:

This plays out great especially when bringing Whis, too bad SP Beerus still not good enough aside for maybe tanking
Noah wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:42 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:40 pm Damn, defeating Brolli in Kakarot! Level 50 is impossible without the Goku, Goten and Gohan from the movie. I have that Gohan, but as luck goes, he has element weakness + without Goku and Goten, he is useless. Thus I have zero chances to beat the last mission...

Is there any way? Also, I have discovered the Ki cancel on some forums but I haven't managed to pull it off, or I do not know how does it look like or what does it do exactly?
Yeah I've could only defeat him after the cap increase, shame on me :lol:
No shame man that was really hard took me like 50 tries before I could beat it without using Goten and prior to the cap increase lol

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 am

Yeah, I took down Broly as well after the cap raise... it was sweet.
Those step-ups are a real BS, at least, I have got Vegito from Sparking ticket, but nothing else, after throwing 4500 CC at it and funnily enough, with additional 1000 CC I bought, I have got just frickin' Heroes!!! Aaaand a Sparking ticket, yeah!!! Until I have realized that you have to get SEVEN of them :D :D :D

They have announced that for being a no. 1 app, there will some surprise and people are already joking, that we will get 100 CC or 20 skip tickets :lol: :lol: :lol:

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:27 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 am Those step-ups are a real BS, at least, I have got Vegito from Sparking ticket, but nothing else, after throwing 4500 CC at it and funnily enough, with
4,5k ccs and you got the best unit in the banner, really nothing worth the rant here :P

RNG is RNG, you can get everything in one pull or whale it out and get nothing, but that's not specific to this game it's specific to the whole gacha games market

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:35 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:27 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:15 am Those step-ups are a real BS, at least, I have got Vegito from Sparking ticket, but nothing else, after throwing 4500 CC at it and funnily enough, with
4,5k ccs and you got the best unit in the banner, really nothing worth the rant here :P

RNG is RNG, you can get everything in one pull or whale it out and get nothing, but that's not specific to this game it's specific to the whole gacha games market
I dunno in Power Rangers Legacy Wars, you can spend money on units you want :)
Which makes the model pay to win into buying what you want. But you can throw money on Legends, and it is the same as if you did not.
That is my only gripe with the game. Japanese RNG is unrewarding in every game I have played.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:40 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 pm too bad SP Beerus still not good enough aside for maybe tanking
I retract that statement lol

@MCDave

Interesting I didn't know that although I've played another gacha from the US and it was the same as in Legends, I'd probably end up paying more if I could get what I want though

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 pm

Had a pretty good run on the new banner. Saved up 3.8k, got the Resurrection F trilogy. Spent a bit, got two EX Whis, 3 star SSB Goku and Golden Freeza, and 4 star SSB Vegeta. And with last night’s free infusion of crystals I finally managed to get Vegetto.

I know I said I shouldn’t spend money on this game. Funnily enough I think my luck agrees: every new unit I got apart from Whis was F2P, all spending did was let me upgrade a few of them.

Still no Buuhan, but I don’t really care about him. Might keep trying on the Vegeta banner if I can afford it- it has Videl, who I still desperately want for my female team.