"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 pm

^ Well, regarding Broly, when the developers presented those two DLCs with temporary pictures, the temporary picture did represent Broly in his enraged base form with his green armor.

Would they really show that temporary picture if he was actually available as a Super Saiyan or a Super Saiyan Full Power?
His enraged base form is very likely if you ask me. He must turn Super Saiyan for his ultimate attack, and possibly turn Super Saiyan Full Power only for his winning pose (because otherwise his base form would be devoid of the armor when he turns back, so this Full Power mode must be the last thing you see of him if it's even in the game).

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm

The new Broly has been marketed in a very inconsistent manner, some times they show him Full Power Super Saiyan, sometimes just his rage form, sometimes his basic Super Saiyan form.

IMO, it would be cool if he had a Power Up mechanic like Adult Gohan, but instead of just powering up, you can see him going through the transformations used in the movie. Granted, this would be hell to create, but it would be probably the biggest love letter to the character. Alternatively, having an install happen just like Golden Freeza could work as well.
It would capture well the idea of fighting someone that's powering up throughout the match.

But yeah, balancing, animating and then programming this would be hell.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:11 am

I'd love to have Broly as his basic or rage form with simmilar ssj transformations like GT Goku have.
I am kinda fatigued from Broly's buff form since the 90's movies and his normal form makes him more unique.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 pm

We already have the buffed form from Z Broly, it would be kinda repetitive to have Full Power Broly, considering how people complain about having the same character over and over, now we would be having sort of the same character and the same transformation twice. Also it kinda reduces the in-universe characters that could take on Broly if re-creating the movie. I'm tired of the buff form as well to be honest.

I would like to have all three Brolys in there, starting as ikari form, SS like Golden Freeza and maybe from there activate FP with an ultimate attack. Or going SS when using ultimate attacks, and unlocking FP like Golden Freeza, so you can spend the final portion of the fight as FP Broly. Or starting as a SS.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:41 pm

Main issue really with FP New Broly is that he loses his armor during the transformation. Unless they make a model that can work with and without the armor, I don't think they would make him go from FP back to Base or normal SSJ.
Granted, if he just had no armor this issue is already solved, but afaik his look is more memorable with the black armor.

It could work how some of the Gokus get stronger the fewer people you have on your team, maybe?
Like having him base when all 3 characters are alive, SSJ when one character is down and FP when Broly is the only one left.
Granted, this would mean that we would probably not see SSJ or FP depending on how early Broly gets taken down. Kinda like how SSJ4 GT Goku was nowhere to be seen during Combo Breaker as it's not exactly easy to pull off in a match.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:31 pm

I assume 'New' Broly will be in his suppressed great ape state when he's playable and not his base form and I would hope he can have two installs (He goes SS after one team member is down) goes FP SS (after 2nd team member is down) each form has it's own set of individual hit boxes and ultimate's

sounds like it can't be done but it can since they've pushed broly towards the end of the year next to Gogeta Blue

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:40 am

Finally got back to playing this game. I love playing as Gokuu Blue and Cell. I just can't seem to figure out how to get my anime music packs to play. How does that work?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 am

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:40 am Finally got back to playing this game. I love playing as Gokuu Blue and Cell. I just can't seem to figure out how to get my anime music packs to play. How does that work?
When hopping into a match, when the select music menu appears just pick the anime songs.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Will this game be outshined by DBZKakarot?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:40 pm

depends they are different
so depends much what you want ...
now with the critics about the limited of the story, DBZKakarot will have to show more content

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 pmWill this game be outshined by DBZKakarot?
If it still gets DLC characters and is presented in tournaments then no. Even without the support and tournaments I don't think it will.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:30 pm Will this game be outshined by DBZKakarot?
Well considered this is a pure fighting game and Kakarot is an RPG, no.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:24 am

I know that this game is losing steam, and if the Janemba leak is to be believed, I really hope they do another "season".

Set 1: G.o.D. Toppo/SSBE Vegeta
Set 2: Kefla/MUI Goku
Set 3: Roshi/Cabba

These are the characters I would want. I really have no desire for Raditz or Zarbon and Dodoria. The reason I say SSBE Vegeta over say, Majin is just because it is newer and can also have final explosion as his ultimate move, plus I feel in his fight with Toppo alone you could build a specials list that would be unique from SSB Vegeta.

Toppo, Cabba, and Kefla( or Caulifla/kale) are the only remaining ToP characters I think are worth putting in the game.

Roshi should be in the game. He's the only original DB character who isn't already in the game that should be, IMO.

MUI Goku, as much as there are already "too many Gokus" is a no brainer.

As for another battle stage, I imagine it will be the ToP stage or the Ice Continent from the Broly movie, or, long shot, Hell from movie 12.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 am

omegacwa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:24 amI know that this game is losing steam, and if the Janemba leak is to be believed, I really hope they do another "season".
I don't see why they wouldn't with how successful all the XV2 character packs have been. That game is nearly 3 years old and is still getting support so there's no reaosn why a game only a year and a half old can't.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:14 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:51 am
omegacwa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:24 amI know that this game is losing steam, and if the Janemba leak is to be believed, I really hope they do another "season".
I don't see why they wouldn't with how successful all the XV2 character packs have been. That game is nearly 3 years old and is still getting support so there's no reaosn why a game only a year and a half old can't.
I agree. I think there is still plenty of money to be made off of the game, but whether or not Arcsys still wants to put in the time and effort is a different story.

I'm not really into fighting games but I really enjoy this and still play it often but it does need some freshening up. A new stage and new characters would help. GT Goku, whether it made money or not, was a bad choice and I feel pulled a bit of the wind out of the sails for some people. There is a list of characters that I, and I think others would have preferred.

Now, I don't know what is the best option. More DLC or a complete sequel? Each has their merits. I personally would want more DLC as I think the game is great as is. But if you look at gaming forums I guess people have a lot of problems with how the game plays, but what do I know since I'm "just a casual"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:29 pm

omegacwa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:14 pmI agree. I think there is still plenty of money to be made off of the game, but whether or not Arcsys still wants to put in the time and effort is a different story. I don't know what is the best option. More DLC or a complete sequel?
I think XV2 is a special case because they're working on XV3 and what they're releasing is most likely already finished so it's just a matter of releasing it for XV2. If there isn't a sequel being worked on for fighterz then more characters will be made specifically for it, which may nnot be worth it for them. I do believe that a new game is always the best option but I don't see the harm in releasing characters to hold us over like what Dimps is doing.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Hell, no.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Lmao. No.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:27 pm

I have this game on Switch. The load times are terrible, it feels like I'm playing an online-only game with a terrible connection. Can anyone that's played the Switch and PS4 versions say if the load times are especially bad on Switch or if it's a general problem with the game?

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:51 am

Teclo wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:27 pm I have this game on Switch. The load times are terrible, it feels like I'm playing an online-only game with a terrible connection. Can anyone that's played the Switch and PS4 versions say if the load times are especially bad on Switch or if it's a general problem with the game?
Loads quickly on my PS4. I don't play online, the few times I did it took a while to connect to my opponent but that's it.