Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 30, 2019 7:08 pm

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu May 30, 2019 10:23 pm

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:41 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:03 am

Akira Toriyama wrote:As a rule, there is no such thing as a theme in my work.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:43 am

Tavarano wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:03 am
What's interesting and/or funny about these panels? Sorry I don't follow. Is Vegeta's development here interesting?

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:17 am

Skar wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:43 am What's interesting and/or funny about these panels? Sorry I don't follow. Is Vegeta's development here interesting?
Goku's manipulative attitude, it is interesting considering he's a guy who doesn't comprehend things like love and family.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 am

Tavarano wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:17 amGoku's manipulative attitude, it is interesting considering he's a guy who doesn't comprehend things like love and family.
I guess that's one way to interpret it. I don't think that's what Toriyama was going for though. There's no personal gain for Goku and it's for the greater good to get Vegeta to work with him/fuse. Goku brought them up because that's the only incentive for Vegeta. I think it's just meant to show his growth from how he didn't care about his family in the early Cell saga to willing to put aside his pride for them now.

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:30 am

Skar wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 am
Tavarano wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:17 amGoku's manipulative attitude, it is interesting considering he's a guy who doesn't comprehend things like love and family.
I guess that's one way to interpret it. I don't think that's what Toriyama was going for though. There's no personal gain for Goku and it's for the greater good to get Vegeta to work with him/fuse. Goku brought them up because that's the only incentive for Vegeta. I think it's just meant to show his growth from how he didn't care about his family in the early Cell saga to willing to put aside his pride for them now.
I see it as manipulative, Goku constantly works Vegeta, he stole his kill on Freeza just to annoy him, or said this because he knew that he would be butthurt and try to surpass him.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:56 am

Tavarano wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:30 am I see it as manipulative, Goku constantly works Vegeta, he stole his kill on Freeza just to annoy him, or said this because he knew that he would be butthurt and try to surpass him.
I'm not sure how any of those prove Goku's a manipulative character. Goku not knowing about kissing is just a dumb gag. I don't think it's meant to go beyond that. Goku's pointing out that he surpassed Vegeta was after Vegeta implied that Goku couldn't handle another year. It just seems like a friendly comeback and likely something we've seen between rivals in other series. If we dig deep enough, literally any harmless random scene could be interpreted to have a deeper, hidden meaning but it doesn't mean the author intended that. Dragonball is meant for children so the story is supposed to be simple and straightforward. I don't think Toriyama is going to have these subtle hints about Goku's character that the general audience would never pick up on.

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tavarano » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:15 am

Skar wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:56 am
Tavarano wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:30 am I see it as manipulative, Goku constantly works Vegeta, he stole his kill on Freeza just to annoy him, or said this because he knew that he would be butthurt and try to surpass him.
I'm not sure how any of those prove Goku's a manipulative character. Goku not knowing about kissing is just a dumb gag. I don't think it's meant to go beyond that. Goku's pointing out that he surpassed Vegeta was after Vegeta implied that Goku couldn't handle another year. It just seems like a friendly comeback and likely something we've seen between rivals in other series. If we dig deep enough, literally any harmless random scene could be interpreted to have a deeper, hidden meaning but it doesn't mean the author intended that. Dragonball is meant for children so the story is supposed to be simple and straightforward. I don't think Toriyama is going to have these subtle hints about Goku's character that the general audience would never pick up on.
There are a lot more examples throughout the manga, and Goku literally gets called out by Vegeta at the end of the manga as being manipulative, where he takes Oob to make him a protector of Earth, he says so at least, and then Vegeta says "heh heh Kakarott, I know you too well, this isn't about protecting the Earth.".
The kiss thing was for the thread, and I don't see it as just being dumb gag, for Goku to deny ChiChi such simple moment of affection throughout whole marriage is pretty terrible, but the amount of salt it created makes me laugh.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Tavarano wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:15 amThere are a lot more examples throughout the manga, and Goku literally gets called out by Vegeta at the end of the manga as being manipulative, where he takes Oob to make him a protector of Earth, he says so at least, and then Vegeta says "heh heh Kakarott, I know you too well, this isn't about protecting the Earth.".
The kiss thing was for the thread, and I don't see it as just being dumb gag, for Goku to deny ChiChi such simple moment of affection throughout whole marriage is pretty terrible, but the amount of salt it created makes me laugh.
I think you're using a very broad definition of manipulative. If this is just your headcanon, that's different than claiming this is what Toriyama intended but only for certain fans to pickup on and not the general audience. I'm curious if there are any scenes in Dragonball that you interpret as genuine or good in nature.

Goku tells Uub that his main objective is for a rematch as they're flying away so Goku wasn't trying to manipulate Uub at all. I believe Goku was telling the truth about also wanting Uub to protect the Earth just that it wasn't his main reason and it came second to wanting a rematch.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from the kissing scene. I interpreted it as a nonsensical gag because it makes you wonder how they had two kids together but never kissed. I'm pretty sure this scene is implying that Goku didn't even know what the act of kissing was since he questioned what Mai and Trunks were doing with their lips.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:20 am

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:01 am

Image Image Image Image
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:03 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:01 am
Finally. Something actually funny. lol

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 am

I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 am

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:02 pm

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Future Trunks and Universe Survival arcs? This guy have some bad tastes.
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:03 am
Grimlock wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:01 am
Finally. Something actually funny. lol
Indeed. That's why I posted this some time ago :D

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:08 pm

right ...
-----