"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu May 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:51 am
S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:52 pm

This guy post leak for every mission basically, so 100% real. Also how am I “misleading” the people here? This guy obviously has some inside info because he post leaks for basically every set and hasn’t been wrong once.
Yes the leaks may be true but the words are his/her own. You post them like it's supposed to be some official announcement.

Like I said, at least put forth the source next time so ppl don't get mislead into thinking that.
I never made it seem like an official announcement lol also the devil’s corpse posted the leaks on his Twitter after I posted this here, and he never gave his source out. Yet I don’t see you bashing him to give out the source and people listen to him 100% harder than they listen to what I post. Seems like you’re just trying to take your emotions out on other people since I literally did nothing wrong and I owe nobody the source. Hell the dude who even post these leaks follows me on twitter and I have his permission to use the info.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 30, 2019 5:55 pm

Pressing for a source on something from someone you don't know and therefore have no rapport with who from the outside appears to be independently sharing information (due to the lack of a citation) is not some crazy, outlandish request.

On the other hand, extreme run-on, defensive posts are frowned upon. Like, just say where you got it and why you think it's accurate, which in the process makes you look like a reasonable, helpful person. This is so trivial and simple!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:56 pm
I never made it seem like an official announcement lol also the devil’s corpse posted the leaks on his Twitter after I posted this here, and he never gave his source out. Yet I don’t see you bashing him to give out the source and people listen to him 100% harder than they listen to what I post. Seems like you’re just trying to take your emotions out on other people since I literally did nothing wrong and I owe nobody the source. Hell the dude who even post these leaks follows me on twitter and I have his permission to use the info.
I don't follow Devil's Corpse on Twitter so I wouldn't know what he did.

Also calm down, I'm not trying to take my emotions out onto anybody. All I asked is to pls post the source next time so ppl reading this thread don't get mislead, is that such a bad thing?

If you have his permission, great. You should still post the source for the leaks since it's proper conduct as well as the right thing to do.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Also, just an FYI for everyone, recent spoilers and discussion for the SDBH manga here: viewtopic.php?f=7&p=1604938#p1604938
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu May 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 pm Also, just an FYI for everyone, recent spoilers and discussion for the SDBH manga here: viewtopic.php?f=7&p=1604938#p1604938
Will have full chapters shortly and post my summary. Also sorry if I came off as rude not my intentions.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri May 31, 2019 12:20 am

S3 Hendrix wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:12 pm
Rakurai wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:10 pm Also, just an FYI for everyone, recent spoilers and discussion for the SDBH manga here: viewtopic.php?f=7&p=1604938#p1604938
Will have full chapters shortly and post my summary. Also sorry if I came off as rude not my intentions.
All good but seriously do post sources next time unless they’re by word of mouth. A blogger’s leak should be taken as such. Looking forward to the chapters and summary!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:46 pm

Got my copy of saikyo jump the other day but was really busy with work, so I wasn’t really on the internet much. I see Cipher has already posted summaries on his twitter so I see no reason to post mine but here’s a link to his (DDRM https://twitter.com/cipher_db/status/11 ... 66368?s=21 )

( UVM https://twitter.com/cipher_db/status/11 ... 07168?s=21 )

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:40 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:46 pm Got my copy of saikyo jump the other day but was really busy with work, so I wasn’t really on the internet much. I see Cipher has already posted summaries on his twitter so I see no reason to post mine but here’s a link to his (DDRM https://twitter.com/cipher_db/status/11 ... 66368?s=21 )

( UVM https://twitter.com/cipher_db/status/11 ... 07168?s=21 )
Yeah, he posted them on the SDBH manga thread (we now have a dedicated thread for the manga so as to not get continuities mixed up):

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43937

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:31 pm

Thinking a little, I believe that the odds for Pan actually joining the Time Patrol are pretty high. You have the manga events, then there's the tease of the leaked description for UMV9 and with that in mind, the sudden decision of retelling GT makes sense, is to get new players up to speed about Pan's story.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:31 pm Thinking a little, I believe that the odds for Pan actually joining the Time Patrol are pretty high. You have the manga events, then there's the tease of the leaked description for UMV9 and with that in mind, the sudden decision of retelling GT makes sense, is to get new players up to speed about Pan's story.
The only wrench in this is how tf they're going to incorporate her in given she wasn't implied at all to be taken to Mechikaboola during UVM8. It could def be a manga-only exclusive addition to make the story different, I mean it's already included Chamel and before it had Oolong (whom was the least expected character to appear but surprisingly tied in well with the events of the Prison Planet arc).

I can imagine Pan wearing that signature black Xeno coat, would be pretty badass. If she is the surprise character, one of the SEC/UR cards will be SSJ Pan (GT).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:49 pm

Good point but then again, Pan is a character with a much bigger profile than Oolong or Chammel to being simply added on a whim by the manga author. I'm pretty sure Banco must've given him the Ok to add her.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:50 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:49 pm Good point but then again, Pan is a character with a much bigger profile than Oolong or Chammel to being simply added on a whim by the manga author. I'm pretty sure Banco must've given him the Ok to add her.
Oolong strikes me as likely having been an authorial whim (which is why there's certainly room for Pan to be), but Chamel I'm more inclined to believe was a requested bit of promotion, given his similar role (Demigra's apprentice) in Ultimate Mission X for 3DS. Though who knows. Maybe Nagayama had simply played through that story mode and thought it would make for some interesting story beats.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Cipher wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:50 am
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:49 pm Good point but then again, Pan is a character with a much bigger profile than Oolong or Chammel to being simply added on a whim by the manga author. I'm pretty sure Banco must've given him the Ok to add her.
Oolong strikes me as likely having been an authorial whim (which is why there's certainly room for Pan to be), but Chamel I'm more inclined to believe was a requested bit of promotion, given his similar role (Demigra's apprentice) in Ultimate Mission X for 3DS. Though who knows. Maybe Nagayama had simply played through that story mode and thought it would make for some interesting story beats.
Chamel appeared in the manga before UMX came out, but only very shortly(I don’t even believe by a whole month). So you’re probably right that they requested it to promote him being the main boss of UMX

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm

For the record, I always feel like I'm walking a tightrope when it comes to posting about these types of content leaks anywhere.

In this case, said content is posted as public information, so it's not an issue of having to keep the source private or anything. But knowing how the fandom at large often tend to harass providers for more information or barrage them with requests, in addition to having no sense of respecting cultural differences...I occasionally feel the need to withhold sources just to serve as a buffer.

Just...the less people they have to interact with, the better. As having the masses annoy them and potentially losing them as sources is less than ideal.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm

So this new story is supposed to run parallel to the demons and the core warriors stuff? Where will it be featured? Just in the game? And is it really a retelling? I know nobody is sure of anything at this point, but what do you guys think?

If it´s a retelling (with a "canon" baby, "canon" everything) I´ll probably not be interested, in fact, I´ll be quite mad to be honest. I mean, they "canoniced" broly, bardock´s story, and now GT??? Firstly, all those stories were good in their own right and were nicely wrapped up, no need to go back to them. Secondly, why can´t they implement new content? i like Mechikabura, I like Cumber. I´d rather see new stuff instead of old (though I know it´s not easy to create, and sometimes they can screw up).

But if it´s new content for GT, somehow, without "new" concepts for already established characters or storylines, then I´m all for it. It´s always good to see more GT stuff. I would almost kill to get a sequel/spin off of it, sort of like expanding the series.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:33 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm For the record, I always feel like I'm walking a tightrope when it comes to posting about these types of content leaks anywhere.

In this case, said content is posted as public information, so it's not an issue of having to keep the source private or anything. But knowing how the fandom at large often tend to harass providers for more information or barrage them with requests, in addition to having no sense of respecting cultural differences...I occasionally feel the need to withhold sources just to serve as a buffer.

Just...the less people they have to interact with, the better. As having the masses annoy them and potentially losing them as sources is less than ideal.
Pretty much how I feel, the dude follows me and I have his permission to use the content he posted and I know the English fan base are like sharks. I don’t want people to annoy him then he eventually stop posting leaks, cause he has very good information and has always been one of my go to sources for any of the sets that will be released in the future.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:36 pm

anubisj wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm So this new story is supposed to run parallel to the demons and the core warriors stuff? Where will it be featured? Just in the game? And is it really a retelling? I know nobody is sure of anything at this point, but what do you guys think?

If it´s a retelling (with a "canon" baby, "canon" everything) I´ll probably not be interested, in fact, I´ll be quite mad to be honest. I mean, they "canoniced" broly, bardock´s story, and now GT??? Firstly, all those stories were good in their own right and were nicely wrapped up, no need to go back to them. Secondly, why can´t they implement new content? i like Mechikabura, I like Cumber. I´d rather see new stuff instead of old (though I know it´s not easy to create, and sometimes they can screw up).

But if it´s new content for GT, somehow, without "new" concepts for already established characters or storylines, then I´m all for it. It´s always good to see more GT stuff. I would almost kill to get a sequel/spin off of it, sort of like expanding the series.
By retelling I literally mean 1:1 retelling of GT but in heroes format, since Galaxy mission didn’t have dialogue other than a brief intro of each arc from future trunks. I think it’ll be similar to how they did the age of dragon ball stuff which was literally just a retelling 1:1 of the original Z story

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:18 pm

Wait, what is that age of dragon ball stuff? Can you link it?

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:46 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:36 pm
anubisj wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm So this new story is supposed to run parallel to the demons and the core warriors stuff? Where will it be featured? Just in the game? And is it really a retelling? I know nobody is sure of anything at this point, but what do you guys think?

By retelling I literally mean 1:1 retelling of GT but in heroes format, since Galaxy mission didn’t have dialogue other than a brief intro of each arc from future trunks. I think it’ll be similar to how they did the age of dragon ball stuff which was literally just a retelling 1:1 of the original Z story
so THAT'S what it meant??? man talking about a disappointment, love GT, way more that the average fan does, but this feels like a waste of time, unless this means we somehow get new forms for GT characters once in a while even though they didn't appear in the original story, maybe as SEC's.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 pm

I remember mentioned earlier in the thread that these "Age of Dragon Ball" campaigns are pretty much glorified tutorials to ease new players into the game and I'm guessing, offer "Cliff notes" about the characters for those rare few unfamiliar with the franchise. Considering that GT hasn't been revisited outside merchandise, it makes sense to give it the spotlight in those.