"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 pm

Extreme_kai wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:11 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:01 pm
sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:18 am

Broly made more than BOG and RF put together so I highly doubt they won't do something nostalgic. Broly's massive success has shown them that fans simply want more of the same which is what we'll most likely get. It's only a matter of time before Cell and Cooler are back and if I had to bet on it I'd say the next movie will be about one of them.
Given Cell's domestic popularity, he is probably the furthest thing from their mind.
True, but it seems they are taking into account other regions for the franchise going on into the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they're taken western feedback on character popularity and not just Japan's anymore with the international success of Broly. The fact that they felt the need to add Cell in Jump Force kinda showed me that they are aiming somewhat towards western audiences. If Cell does get a movie or comes back to the show, expect for him to be paired up with a popular villain for Japan like Frieza, maybe even Cooler? Idk, but I think he'd be better received in a secondary villain role.
I feel like they still need someone who is domestically popular somewhat too. Broly was still popular in Japan moreso than Cell is. It's like SS3 definitely more popular overseas yet it has been shunned since 2015 more or less in modern DB.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 pm
Extreme_kai wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:11 pm
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:01 pm

Given Cell's domestic popularity, he is probably the furthest thing from their mind.
True, but it seems they are taking into account other regions for the franchise going on into the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they're taken western feedback on character popularity and not just Japan's anymore with the international success of Broly. The fact that they felt the need to add Cell in Jump Force kinda showed me that they are aiming somewhat towards western audiences. If Cell does get a movie or comes back to the show, expect for him to be paired up with a popular villain for Japan like Frieza, maybe even Cooler? Idk, but I think he'd be better received in a secondary villain role.
I feel like they still need someone who is domestically popular somewhat too. Broly was still popular in Japan moreso than Cell is. It's like SS3 definitely more popular overseas yet it has been shunned since 2015 more or less in modern DB.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, that's why I said he's better off paired with another villain. Honestly, I think the Japanese prefer Cell when he's paired up with Frieza. The countless filler episodes, GT, FighterZ had them working together, even pop team epic had a subtle nod to the duo. Also, I think Toei is starting to wise up to the amount of profit to be made off of foreign markets, they could definitely compromise to give both markets what they want. Imo I don't see Cell getting his own movie, but we could see him back on the show. A movie is better off reserved for a popular movie villain, like Cooler.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:32 am

Wow, everyone is hyped up about a movie. Where can I find some source? Couldn't find it going back trough the thread, thanks!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:43 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:32 am Wow, everyone is hyped up about a movie. Where can I find some source? Couldn't find it going back trough the thread, thanks!
Here you go. It was from a booklet in the DVD and Blu-ray release of Broly in Japan.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 am

Hm so I'm confusing? Since Ajay/Geek mention July does that means there isn't anime but a movie? Movie likely won't be out in 2020

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:48 am

vashter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 am Hm so I'm confusing? Since Ajay/Geek mention July does that means there isn't anime but a movie? Movie likely won't be out in 2020
There never was anime in the first place, just youtubers claiming to have connections, that claimed that series is coming...
Guys working on Broly saing in the interview that they are in preparation of stuff, is first ever confirmation of anything.

I think they are in phase of pre-planning but who knows. I think that the movie will be around 2021 if they won't speed up the production :(

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:55 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:48 am
vashter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:12 am Hm so I'm confusing? Since Ajay/Geek mention July does that means there isn't anime but a movie? Movie likely won't be out in 2020
There never was anime in the first place, just youtubers claiming to have connections, that claimed that series is coming...
Guys working on Broly saing in the interview that they are in preparation of stuff, is first ever confirmation of anything.

I think they are in phase of pre-planning but who knows. I think that the movie will be around 2021 if they won't speed up the production :(
What? Geek has a youtube with screenshot of text message ALL of them relate to "anime", "july", that shit hasn't change yet you think a movie woudl come out THIS year of July? NO! we got a update of movie from a booklet in Japan in Blu-Ray Broly movie... NOW Anime probably still at large.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:05 am

vashter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:55 am

What? Geek has a youtube with screenshot of text message ALL of them relate to "anime", "july", that shit hasn't change yet you think a movie woudl come out THIS year of July? NO! we got a update of movie from a booklet in Japan in Blu-Ray Broly movie... NOW Anime probably still at large.
Double what? Sorry, that doesn't make sense... In first place, Geek has proven as unrealiable source of news, right? :D
His predictions of Jump Anime festa nor May or June dates came into fruition, end of story. TOEI and Funimation both debunked the anime
and the Italian voice actor of Vegeta have speculated based on a whim, that something must come after Broly, as the movie clearly does not hint on Dragon Ball story to end, so of course the series will probably continue...

And the fist confirmation of anything is, that the Broly movie creators are thinking up the next movie, which doesn't have any specified date yet. My ''speculated prediction'' is, that promo teaser of Son Goku will come around the end of this year or the first half of next year and the movie itself will come at the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021 if everything goes well.

Therefore, basically:
MOVIE - yes, some time in future
SERIES - unconfirmed and debunked by TOEI and Funimation.

Of course that Super sequel can happen anytime, same as sequel to Thundercats, Batman TAS or Saint Seiya... even series about pink poop from Dr. Slump can seriously happen, anything can. But we don't have a proof it does, do we? I am tired from this seriously.
Face the facts :)

Of course, if TOEI will confirm a series officially, I will embrace the facts :)
Last edited by MCDaveG on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 am

I agree, a new movie will not arrive before the end of 2020 or early 2021 ... but DB will celebrate the 35th anniversary next November, so it's unthinkable until then that nothing comes new. I'm pretty confident a new season of Dragon Ball Super will be announced soon.
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:13 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:05 am

Double what? Sorry, that doesn't make sense... In first place, Geek has proven as unrealiable source of news, right? :D
His predictions of Jump Anime festa nor May or June dates came into fruition, end of story. TOEI and Funimation both debunked the anime
and the Italian voice actor of Vegeta have speculated based on a whim, that something must come after Broly, as the movie clearly does not hint on Dragon Ball story to end, so of course the series will probably continue...

And the fist confirmation of anything is, that the Broly movie creators are thinking up the next movie, which doesn't have any specified date yet. My ''speculated prediction'' is, that promo teaser of Son Goku will come around the end of this year or the first half of next year and the movie itself will come at the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021 if everything goes well.

Therefore, basically:
SERIES - unconfirmed

Of course that Super sequel can happen anytime, same as sequel to Thundercats, Batman TAS or Saint Seiya... even series about pink poop from Dr. Slump can seriously happen, anything can. But we don't have a proof it does, do we? I am tired from this seriously.
Fyi there is a "License Expo" going on until June 7th of 2019 and Toei just tweet about it and DB stuff is over there atm, so ANYTHING can happened from today to that ANNND it in Las Vegas https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 2698987520 even Geekdom101 has information of that on YT about License situation that might be part of... (Idk if that right or a different meaning?) if the fucking text message TOLD him July NOTHING further than July I can smell it from here it probably coming, I know Akria mention he working on next project since Jump Festa - there was going be announcement not too long ago but got postpone all because of One Piece movie probably got in the way, i do believe they don't want to announce both at once? I'm sure they are carefully about their market.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:23 am

vashter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:13 am
MCDaveG wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:05 am

Therefore, basically:
SERIES - unconfirmed

Fyi there is a "License Expo" going on until June 7th of 2019 and Toei just tweet about it and DB stuff is over there atm, so ANYTHING can happened from today to that ANNND it in Las Vegas https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 2698987520 even Geekdom101 has information of that on YT about License situation that might be part of... (Idk if that right or a different meaning?) if the fucking text message TOLD him July NOTHING further than July I can smell it from here it probably coming, I know Akria mention he working on next project since Jump Festa - there was going be announcement not too long ago but got postpone all because of One Piece movie probably got in the way, i do believe they don't want to announce both at once? I'm sure they are carefully about their market.
Yeah, believe me, I know all this and can't wait for anything to happen, I just don't wanna jump the gun until it actually really happens.
I would respect Geek, if he did presented all this info, tidbits and facts as they are and speculated upon them, as there is plethora of facts and opportunities of things happening, we just don't know what they are.

If someone does speculation and presenting news right, look no further than Star Wars Explained for example... He does extensive Q&As and everytime says ''But this is only my thought/speculation'' where he goes further beyond facts.
I just can't stand egomaniacs like Geek, who do present bombastic clickbait news, trying hard to impress everyone, instead of building up their persona... because who is Geek? Some guy with youtube channel, who claims to have informants from inside. On the other hand, Star Wars Explained is guy with extensive knowledge of the franchise, who covers the news, does reviews and everything is based on the vast back catalogue of Star Wars info from books, encyclopedias and such... Geek is in this comparison like Mike Zeroh, loud talker with shit presentation.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:52 am

Not to add fuel to the fire, but...at this point, I think Geekdom is alluding to "something's happening anytime now" only because he saw that Toei licensing expo tweet possibly implying something, really. Way to save face.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:13 am

Araki wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:52 am Not to add fuel to the fire, but...at this point, I think Geekdom is alluding to "something's happening anytime now" only because he saw that Toei licensing expo tweet possibly implying something, really. Way to save face.
Lol nah, a couple of couple peoples even myself knows and have heard about license going on around March-April DURING that time many of us thought there was going be announcement but something got weird out - just like Geek YT with his picture with License on it I don't know where the fuck he got that from, hell even myself don't like Egodom101 bigger nose than Triple H nose.. However he already knows about License part way before this License Expo is around.

Edit: I read there something about Aussie on Blu-Ray movie on June 19th I do not know meaning of it if anyone like to say something let me or us know in here.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Very excited about the movie news. Geekdom mentioned in the video he's still convinced that Super is also returning as an anime series, so we'll have to wait and see if he's right. July's just a month away, so we won't have to wait long to find out...

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

vashter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:13 am
Araki wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:52 am Not to add fuel to the fire, but...at this point, I think Geekdom is alluding to "something's happening anytime now" only because he saw that Toei licensing expo tweet possibly implying something, really. Way to save face.
Lol nah, a couple of couple peoples even myself knows and have heard about license going on around March-April DURING that time many of us thought there was going be announcement but something got weird out - just like Geek YT with his picture with License on it I don't know where the fuck he got that from, hell even myself don't like Egodom101 bigger nose than Triple H nose.. However he already knows about License part way before this License Expo is around.

Edit: I read there something about Aussie on Blu-Ray movie on June 19th I do not know meaning of it if anyone like to say something let me or us know in here.
But he was keeping silent about announcement dates and whatnot ever since the "you'll all apologize to me in April/May" fiasco. Then Toei drops that tweet and a couple hours later he says "there are some bombshells incoming"? Even if he did know something earlier, he clearly has no idea anymore.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Araki wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm
vashter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:13 am

But he was keeping silent about announcement dates and whatnot ever since the "you'll all apologize to me in April/May" fiasco. Then Toei drops that tweet and a couple hours later he says "there are some bombshells incoming"? Even if he did know something earlier, he clearly has no idea anymore.
Yea I get where you coming from I understand, I only view him like chris broussard of leaking and late respond and find something and make up something etc + Kevin Durant of burner account in here where ever he hiding at

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 pm

His "there are bombshells coming" tweet was such a joke. he just saw the toei tweet about licensing event and decided to tease people even though he doesn't know anything

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:54 pm

So was Geekdom a fraud this entire time or did something really happen?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:54 pm So was Geekdom a fraud this entire time or did something really happen?
The current consensus is that he is a fraud.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:17 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:54 pm So was Geekdom a fraud this entire time or did something really happen?
Him and 2 other very trusted people (Ajay / Yonko) said it would be back in July so either it'll be announced right before it airs or something changed. All 3 of them have gotten a lot of things right in the past so I doubt they were lying just to get clicks as they're already really popular and that would kill their credibility.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.