Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noitsnothim
Regular

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 am

I like that Hearts' has an on-going skit or line of his own I don't know if anyone has caught onto this

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:06 pm Also Universal conflict arc:
it's a bit ironic that the manga remembers to toppo god is not the same in anime heroes or other games
anyway I'm glad that they follow the continuity of the anime

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:43 pm

From Nagayama's twitter

https://twitter.com/Yositakakka/

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:43 pm From Nagayama's twitter

https://twitter.com/Yositakakka/
He's a great storyteller or great at adapting outlines of the stories (For the two on-going stories) I had asked him on twitter if he could write a battle where New Broly goes up against Cumber and he seemed down to do so if he has time for it so maybe he'll pass the idea around

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:25 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 pm
Rakurai wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:06 pm Also Universal conflict arc:
it's a bit ironic that the manga remembers to toppo god is not the same in anime heroes or other games
anyway I'm glad that they follow the continuity of the anime
I'm totally not. I assumed the manga was following the super manga and the promo anime was following the super anime.
That'd make more sense and be something for everyone.

That being said does any dialogue preclude the idea that this is the first time Toppo has used this? Which would not stop it making sense.

It also shat the bed with Blueku fighting SS1/3 Cumber whereas he needed SSBlue/4 fusions to fight his base form before. So power scaling is fucked again I guess, whereas the manga had been better than the anime for that until now.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

theshinobi

Post by theshinobi » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Saikyo Jump, 2nd August Spoilers

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:37 pm

Dang, that looks really promising.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:25 pm

The bi-monthly spoilers from Noato as usual:

https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 9548179456
https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 0392202240
https://twitter.com/suisoukiraki/status ... 2577002496
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm

theshinobi wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:11 pm Saikyo Jump, 2nd August Spoilers
God I love blushing Robelu, she's soooooooo cute! :lol: Good job complimenting her Pan. :thumbup:

...Okay fangirling aside, the plot pretty much goes how it went down in UVM9 arcade, with each Time Patrol member taking on a gate and using the Key Sword to seal them. Trunks and Pan are teamed together, ofc.

Difference is that now instead of XPan randomly showing up, GT Pan joins the Time Patrol-Demigra alliance and even asks Roberu to give her clothes like Gohan (or rather like the Time Patrol). Oh and ofc Chamel, who's only a player avatar in the arcade, is also part of Demigra's team and plays a role here.

Also prob overanalyzing this but Pan does comment that the Vegeta there (XVegeta) looks a little younger than what she's used to, so it might be the case that XVegeta (at least in the manga) went through a history that was similar to but still deviated from GT. Or he wished himself younger :lol:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Rakurai wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:47 pm God I love blushing Robelu, she's soooooooo cute! :lol: Good job complimenting her Pan. :thumbup:

...Okay fangirling aside, the plot pretty much goes how it went down in UVM9 arcade, with each Time Patrol member taking on a gate and using the Key Sword to seal them. Trunks and Pan are teamed together, ofc.

Difference is that now instead of XPan randomly showing up, GT Pan joins the Time Patrol-Demigra alliance and even asks Roberu to give her clothes like Gohan (or rather like the Time Patrol). Oh and ofc Chamel, who's only a player avatar in the arcade, is also part of Demigra's team and plays a role here.

Also prob overanalyzing this but Pan does comment that the Vegeta there (XVegeta) looks a little younger than what she's used to, so it might be the case that XVegeta (at least in the manga) went through a history that was similar to but still deviated from GT. Or he wished himself younger :lol:
Well, SSJ4 according to some descriptions of SSJ4 that I've seen on official merchandise, the form is supposed to transform the user at the peak of his physical prowess (thus explaining GT Goku losing the tan or Vegeta getting his signature "flame" hairstyle during it), so I'd say that is just a perk of a prolonged use of SSJ4.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Can anyone tell me where I can read the translated chapters 7 and 8 from the Universe Mission arc?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:01 am

Why doesn't Toppo just hakai Cumber like Beerus did to Present Zamasu?

Last time I checked, Cumber doesn't have immortality, so Toppo could just end the fight this way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:16 am

Cipher posted the summary for Chapter 14 of Dark Demon Realm Mission on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 9368193026

Also, some interesting tidbits on Mechakiboola

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 2755081216
Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:37 am

And the Universe Mission chapter

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/11 ... 4876075009

Man, I hope someone posts a pic of Cumber's face soon.
Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:54 am

Sorry for the delay in posting text versions here.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission! Chapter 14 summary:

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission Chapter 9 summary:

Saikyо̄ Jump also contained a back-up feature this month offering some (I think) new details on Mechickaboola, which I went ahead and translated in full:

Reactions: Pan immediately being placed into a damsel-in-distress role is a shame, but Gohan vs. Shroom is pretty fun. Golden Coola vs. Cumber is fun but incredibly brief, and that's all I have to say about Universe Mission as it seems to lumber toward a predictable conclusion while continuing to refuse to offer up anything substantial about its villains backgrounds and motivations (a fault which I suppose isn't on the manga itself).

The Hell Gates and Key Sword stem from a later original-branding Dragon Ball Heroes campaign, which was fairly story-light. (The player had to break through each gate to stop Towa's various plans, as she gathered energy for the Demon Realm.)
Last edited by Cipher on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Agreed, DDRM looks like is a lot of fun. With everyone involved playing fast and loose with DB lore to deliver just fun entertainment. UM lost a lot of steam once the Time Patrol went away.

So, how's Cumber's face?

And I must say, that page with Dark Broly appearing has to be the best drawn panel Nagayama has done.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:01 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pmSo, how's Cumber's face?
It's just, like ... a normal face, which is only in three panels. I can take a picture tomorrow, I suppose, but it didn't even strike me as being important.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:11 pm

Is just curiosity stem from the insistence of keeping him masked for so long.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:53 pm

Other than getting Super Saiyan, Xeno Pan has really nothing going in her favor. And even if she gets said form, she still wouldn't be much of an assist anyway. As she comes straight from the Shadow Dragons saga and so she's very weak.

I saw this coming, which is why I hoped she wouldn't stay around for too long. It's kinda sad she'll probably just be used as plot device but this time it's understandable.

Mechikabura raising a bird is a new tidbit, though.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:56 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:06 pm
Well, SSJ4 according to some descriptions of SSJ4 that I've seen on official merchandise, the form is supposed to transform the user at the peak of his physical prowess (thus explaining GT Goku losing the tan or Vegeta getting his signature "flame" hairstyle during it), so I'd say that is just a perk of a prolonged use of SSJ4.
That's... a wild conjecture. Most likely XVegeta comes from a timeline where he learned SS4 at a much younger age.
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:01 am Why doesn't Toppo just hakai Cumber like Beerus did to Present Zamasu?

Last time I checked, Cumber doesn't have immortality, so Toppo could just end the fight this way.
That's assuming Cumber is weak enough to get obliterated, which is clearly not the case. Frieza and Goku were able to withstand it on a few occasions too.
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 pm Can anyone tell me where I can read the translated chapters 7 and 8 from the Universe Mission arc?
They're prob not translated if you can't find them, unfortunately.
Cipher wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:54 am Sorry for the delay in posting text versions here.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Dark Demon Realm Mission! Chapter 14 summary:

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission Chapter 9 summary:

Saikyо̄ Jump also contained a back-up feature this month offering some (I think) new details on Mechickaboola, which I went ahead and translated in full:

Reactions: Pan immediately being placed into a damsel-in-distress role is a shame, but Gohan vs. Shroom is pretty fun. Golden Coola vs. Cumber is fun but incredibly brief, and that's all I have to say about Universe Mission as it seems to lumber toward a predictable conclusion while continuing to refuse to offer up anything substantial about its villains backgrounds and motivations (a fault which I suppose isn't on the manga itself).

The Hell Gates and Key Sword stem from a later original-branding Dragon Ball Heroes campaign, which was fairly story-light. (The player had to break through each gate to stop Towa's various plans, as she gathered energy for the Demon Realm.)
So here are the main mission differences between the manga and the arcade:

Arcade:
  • XTrunks & XPan vs. Dabura & Buu arc villains
  • XGohan vs. Gravy & Garlic Jr. villains
  • XGoku vs. Poutine & M13 villains
  • XVegeta vs. Towa & RoF arc villains
  • Demigra vs. Salsa & possessed GT cast
  • XGoten vs. Shroom & Super 17 arc villains
Manga:
  • XGoten vs. Dabura
  • XVegeta vs. Gravy
  • XGohan & XPan vs. Shroom
  • Chamel vs. Towa & Dark Gogeta
Dark Gogeta resurfaced to fight GT Gogeta in UVM8, whereas he makes his re-appearance much later in UVM9 guarding a Hell Gate.

XTrunks & XPan fought together in the arcade to seal one gate, whereas in the manga XTrunks stays behind to use the Key Sword and seal all of them. Each character had a Key Sword to seal their assigned gates in the arcade.

Also, very interesting that XGohan says he cannot feel Shroom's energy. Am I reading too much into it or is it because they have god ki being Demon gods now? Not sure if there was an instance in the previous chapters where the Time Patrol actually measured or sensed the Demon gods.