Who is the most evil character in Dragonball?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Re: Who is the most evil character in Dragonball?

Post by Nokra » Thu May 30, 2019 6:43 pm

The Writing Consistency.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:35 pm
mfwlegend3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:58 pmHe turned into a sort of Cosmic Hitler, yes.
Not "sort of." He was worse than Hitler.
I'd say Hitler was worse, because he was actually real and killed real people.
Hitler also wasn't a God who, naturally, looked at humans and the universe in a completely different perspective. The majority of Kais, much like Zamasu, often look down on mortals, and are anyway indifferent to their struggles.

Anat comes to mind. He is the Supreme Kai of Universe 1 (the "best" Universe as far as mortal level is concerned), yet he realizes that the erasure of the trillions of mortals from the losing universes is necessary to maintain the balance of all universes. Proving that Kais obviously look at mortals in a different way since they are -Gods-, they are superior and look at the universe from a much higher perspective.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:39 pm

I gotta say Piccolo Diamao. Not even Freeza had the balls to kill a dragon after a wish.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:24 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Zamasu is basically Cosmic Hitler.
He turned into a sort of Cosmic Hitler, yes.
Frieza is a sort of space Hitler though.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:29 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:24 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Zamasu is basically Cosmic Hitler.
He turned into a sort of Cosmic Hitler, yes.
Frieza is a sort of space Hitler though.
Frieza, unlike Zamasu, didn't have any right to look down on some mortals, since he wasn't born a God, he wasn't naturally superior.

Zamasu is a God, so it was in his right to look down on mortals. Mortals AREN'T equals to the Gods, and that's just a fact. Every Kai has that mentality, not just Zamasu. Even Gowasu and Shin do not consider themselves as lowly as mortals. And that's being kind, because Gowasu cares so little about mortals that he doesn't even try to resolve their issues even though he has the power to.

So really, simply comparing Zamasu to Hitler is stupid. He was a God, why should he treat mortal species as if they were his equals? He isn't racist as much as he is naturally haughty like literally every other God.

What makes Zamasu evil is not that he looked down on mortals, because every God does that, but rather that his distrust for mortals (which the incompetent Gowasu wasn't able to resolve) turned into hatred and caused him to commit multiversal genocide.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:38 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:29 am
And that's being kind, because Gowasu cares so little about mortals that he doesn't even try to resolve their issues even though he has the power to.
Gowasu not solving mortal affairs doesn't come from a lack of care. It comes from a principal of having a hands-off approach and letting mortals sort out their own problems. He still very much cares though as it's his duty to care as a Kai. It's his job to be concerned with the mortal level, and overall quality of his universe. That's an intrinsic duty to care, but at the same time, he recognizes that he can't just hold mortal's hands and fix all their problems for them.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:38 pm
And that's being kind, because Gowasu cares so little about mortals that he doesn't even try to resolve their issues even though he has the power to.
Gowasu not solving mortal affairs doesn't come from a lack of care. It comes from a principal of having a hands-off approach and letting mortals sort out their own problems. He still very much cares though as it's his duty to care as a Kai. It's his job to be concerned with the mortal level, and overall quality of his universe. That's an intrinsic duty to care, but at the same time, he recognizes that he can't just hold mortal's hands and fix all their problems for them.
Then he's doing an awful job, since his universe has one of the lowest mortal levels and indeed all their fighters were useless brutes, except maybe Obuni.

I suppose I should clarify. Kais usually care more about the universe as a whole than mortal life itself. Basically, if the erasure of trillions of mortals is necessary for the Universe's well-being, then they will be on board with that (like Anat shows in the ToP, and we are talking about the most competent Supreme Kai in the universes, since his universe has the highest mortal level).

They are Gods, so of course they think that "mortal genocide", while an unfortunate destruction (like even Zamasu aknowledges), is sometimes necessary to ensure the universe's well-being, and so it doesn't sound like such an unfathomable taboo to them.

Then we have people like Zeno and Grand Priest, who seem completely on board with multiversal genocide just to prove a point... Yeah, though Zamasu was mad and had twisted methods, let's not act like he was the only genocidal God.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:50 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:59 pm
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Then he's doing an awful job, since his universe has one of the lowest mortal levels and indeed all their fighters were useless brutes, except maybe Obuni.

I suppose I should clarify. Kais usually care more about the universe as a whole than mortal life itself. Basically, if the erasure of trillions of mortals is necessary for the Universe's well-being, then they will be on board with that (like Anat shows in the ToP, and we are talking about the most competent Supreme Kai in the universes, since his universe has the highest mortal level).

They are Gods, so of course they think that "mortal genocide", while an unfortunate destruction (like even Zamasu aknowledges), is sometimes necessary to ensure the universe's well-being, and so it doesn't sound like such an unfathomable taboo to them.

Then we have people like Zeno and Grand Priest, who seem completely on board with multiversal genocide just to prove a point... Yeah, though Zamasu was mad and had twisted methods, let's not act like he was the only genocidal God.
Half the responsibility goes to the God of Destruction, and Rumsshi seems far more incompetent than Gowasu. Gowasu doesn't seem all that incompetent, but rather just unlucky to be stuck with a useless associate. If U10 really had troublesome mortals, Rumsshi should have stepped in and took care of it. Zamasu could have spoke with him, but didn't. And among the ToP contestants, U10 isn't all that low. It's basically dead average.

As for Kais having the statues that they do, where they're not in a position to personally care, that's certainly true. And Anat seems to epitomize this. But that aside, each Kai (and other deities) have their own personality and temperament, and to a degree, their own approach to managing their universe. With that said, I was speaking specifically about Gowasu, who I think does seem to care on a more personal level, but also believes in a hands-off approach.

As for Zeno and Grand Priest, while they are deities (if you consider angels deities), they're not Kais. Kais specifically, while they can be on-board with mortal extermination, it seems like they are not allowed to carry this out themselves. That has to be relegated to Gods of Destruction, who Kais can coordinate with. As for Angels, they seem like they're allowed to carry out any act, whether it's creation or destruction, but only under authorization from Kais and Destroyers. To an extant, they can act on their own judgement, but a deity can stop them and they'd have to obey.

There's definitely an explicit Separation of Powers like you see in modern governments, and Zamasu seemed to have violated this. You could argue that this is less to do with morality and more to do with some sort of cosmic politics, but why even have this sort of politics if there's no underlying moral principle behind it? Zamasu is basically like a politician who abused his power (and acted in areas he wasn't suppose to). Interestingly enough, Hitler was a government official, so the analogy works there fairly well. Hitler invaded other countries. Zamasu invaded other universes that were basically out of his jurisdiction, and did acts that only a God of Destruction is relegated to do.
Last edited by Melee_Sovereign on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:03 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:59 pmI suppose I should clarify. Kais usually care more about the universe as a whole than mortal life itself. Basically, if the erasure of trillions of mortals is necessary for the Universe's well-being, then they will be on board with that
If a police officer's job is to stop the bad guys, and a police officer just shoots up an entire crowd of people while screaming, "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, YOU'RE ALL REALLY THE BAD GUYS", are you really going to sit here like, "welp, with great power comes great responsibility"?

Zamasu carefully engineered the assassination of his pacifist master in order to erase trillions of lives from existence for literally no other reason than baseless bigotry. That is without question the most evil thing anyone in the entire DB franchise has ever done. Freeza is a perfect 10 on the tyrant scale, but even he is clearly shown to generally want to rule and build the infamy of his own name. He is not singularly fixated on eradicating every living thing from the face of the universe.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 am

Half the responsibility goes to the God of Destruction, and Rumsshi seems far more incompetent than Gowasu. Gowasu doesn't seem all that incompetent, but rather just unlucky to be stuck with a useless associate. If U10 really had troublesome mortals, Rumsshi should have stepped in and took care of it. Zamasu could have spoke with him, but didn't. And among the ToP contestants, U10 isn't all that low. It's basically dead average.

As for Kais having the statues that they do, where they're not in a position to personally care, that's certainly true. And Anat seems to epitomize this. But that aside, each Kai (and other deities) have their own personality and temperament, and to a degree, their own approach to managing their universe. With that said, I was speaking specifically about Gowasu, who I think does seem to care on a more personal level, but also believes in a hands-off approach.

As for Zeno and Grand Priest, while they are deities (if you consider angels deities), they're not Kais. Kais specifically, while they can be on-board with mortal extermination, it seems like they are not allowed to carry this out themselves. That has to be relegated to Gods of Destruction, who Kais can coordinate with. As for Angels, they seem like they're allowed to carry out any act, whether it's creation or destruction, but only under authorization from Kais and Destroyers. To an extant, they can act on their own judgement, but a deity can stop them and they'd have to obey.

There's definitely an explicit Separation of Powers like you see in modern governments, and Zamasu seemed to have violated this. You could argue that this is less to do with morality and more to do with some sort of cosmic politics, but why even have this sort of politics if there's no underlying moral principle behind it? Zamasu is basically like a politician who abused his power (and acted in areas he wasn't suppose to). Interestingly enough, Hitler was a government official, so the analogy works there fairly well. Hitler invaded other countries. Zamasu invaded other universes that were basically out of his jurisdiction, and did acts that only a God of Destruction is relegated to do.
Absolutely, I never denied that Zamasu broke the laws of the Gods and failed to understand his place (partly because of Gowasu's incompetence), but then again some individuals feel a stronger sense of justice, and for them it's difficult to just sit and watch evil unfold because some precious laws bind you to inaction.

I remain of the idea that the analogy between Zamasu and Hitler is not appropriate, simply because Hitler wasn't a conflicted student who needed guidance from a teacher and was actually beaten in combat by a lesser creature, moreover after being harassed.
If a police officer's job is to stop the bad guys, and a police officer just shoots up an entire crowd of people while screaming, "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, YOU'RE ALL REALLY THE BAD GUYS", are you really going to sit here like, "welp, with great power comes great responsibility"?
If the police officer was actually a God who looks at the world from a higher place and thus most likely knows more things about the world than I do? I wouldn't question his judgement, because again it is not in the right of mortals to question Gods. This is something that Zamasu often claimed, and it's true. Why should mortals question Gods? I mean, they are -GODS-, they aren't supposed to be questioned by their own creations.
Zamasu carefully engineered the assassination of his pacifist master
His pacifist and tragically useless master whom he himself admitted that he was responsible for Zamasu's fall.
in order to erase trillions of lives from existence for literally no other reason than baseless bigotry.
What a gross generalization, he didn't do it just for that. I seriously don't understand if you people were asleep during the episodes that explained Zamasu's backstory? I mean, I have no other explanation, so don't take it as an offense. How can you say that he was just a racist when he said on multiple times that his goal was multiversal peace? He literally tells Gowasu when they first meet that he will do anything he can to uphold peace throughout the universe. Even though his methods were evil, even though he clearly approached the problem the wrong way, it is a FACT that is conveyed multiple times throughout the arc, and that is that Zamasu isn't driven solely by hatred towards mortals, that's just a part of his character, because he also wants everlasting peace and to create a "new world" that is no longer tainted by mortals. Shall I point in the direction of Universe 6's Earth, that was turned into a toxic wasteland by the mortals' wars? Shall I point in the direction of the original Namek that was incinerated by a mortal fool?
That is without question the most evil thing anyone in the entire DB franchise has ever done.
Sure, sure, that is very evil, and I agree, his methods were evil.

Meanwhile, we have Beerus who destroys entire planets because they bake bad cakes.

Meanwhile, we have Zeno who erases six universes because he is bored.

Meanwhile, we have the Grand Priest who feels nothing in front of the deaths of not only trillions of innocents, but his own children as well.

Meanwhile, we have the U9's angel who SMILED when trillions of people lost their lives simply because he couldn't stand Roh.

Meanwhile, we have Roh who literally shows no redeeming quality whatsoever.
He is not singularly fixated on eradicating every living thing from the face of the universe.
Zamasu didn't erase any plant, and if he did, they were collateral damage. Notice how he avoids harming nature.

Since plants are also living things, and Zamasu actively tried to avoid damaging them, he wasn't just a destroyer who blindly attacked any living organism like Boo did.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:18 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 am
This is something that Zamasu often claimed, and it's true. Why should mortals question Gods? I mean, they are -GODS-, they aren't supposed to be questioned by their own creations.
Is it true though? As far as I can tell, the deities of Dragon Ball don't require any worship or reverence, at least not universally. They don't make any effort to establish any rules/commandments that mortals must follow. On the contrary, it seems like they prefer that mortals remain unaware of their very existence. They're more akin to Celestials from Marvel Comics. They're basically just cosmic entities with a political structure, and whether a mortal is allowed to question a deity's actions or not, is really up to any individual deity to decide.

Indeed, Zamasu adopting the attitude that he does, is nothing more than his own personal view of mortals. Is it right or wrong? Who knows. Since no other deity seems to think this way, maybe it's taboo for a deity in Dragon Ball to view mortals as not allowing to question anything. Maybe it's agreed upon by Kais and Destroyers alike that mortals should be allowed to question deities to some extant. Furthermore, if any mortal is actually aware of the division of power, then they can make the factual observation that a Kai is acting out of place. None of the gods, not Beerus, not Shin, not Gowasu etc... objected to Goku and Vegeta fighting and trying to stop Zamasu. They didn't think anything like "Zamasu is bad by our standards, but these lowly mortals shouldn't be taking it upon themselves to stop him."

Don't get me wrong, there's definitely a degree of superiority between deities and mortals (in authority). But it doesn't seem like it's too the extant that mortal perspective completely doesn't matter. It clearly does. It's just that deity authority is simply higher, and has the potential to override mortal morality under certain circumstances. So yeah, it seems like mortals are like citizens and deities are sort of government. Heck, Gods of Destruction are the only deities that aren't cosmic entities. They start out as mortals and are appointed godhood. So a mortal in Dragon Ball can literally rank up and become an official of the cosmic hierarchy.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:44 am

Indeed, Zamasu adopting the attitude that he does, is nothing more than his own personal view of mortals. Is it right or wrong? Who knows. Since no other deity seems to think this way, maybe it's taboo for a deity in Dragon Ball to view mortals as not allowing to question anything. Maybe it's agreed upon by Kais and Destroyers alike that mortals should be allowed to question deities to some extant. Furthermore, if any mortal is actually aware of the division of power, then they can make the factual observation that a Kai is acting out of place. None of the gods, not Beerus, not Shin, not Gowasu etc... objected to Goku and Vegeta fighting and trying to stop Zamasu. They didn't think anything like "Zamasu is bad by our standards, but these lowly mortals shouldn't be taking it upon themselves to stop him."
Goku didn't question him though, he casually touched him and repeatedly harassed him. He even humiliated him in combat.

Notice how Beerus was pissed off by how Goku was acting towards Zamasu, he called him many times an idiot, and if I am not mistaken he even hurt him when he so casually touched Zamasu. This means that Beerus doesn't tolerate that mortals act as if Gods were their friends... I mean, if you rewatch the first encounter between Zamasu and Goku, the latter acted pretty much like a stupid child.

This is the tragedy of Zamasu. Perhaps if Goku had acted in a more professional and rational manner, Zamasu would have had a much better impression of mortals, and specifically the Saiyan species.

As a matter of fact, that fight was the turning point in Zamasu's life. When he was defeated by Goku, when he witnessed the power and arrogance of mortals, he made up his mind and realized that mortals were a threat that had to be exterminated (this is further reinforced by the fact that a babarian savage would have killed Gowasu had Zamasu not stepped in).

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 am

I can't tell the difference between this thread and the Vic thread anymore.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 amZamasu didn't erase any plant, and if he did, they were collateral damage. Notice how he avoids harming nature.
Not really. That's a bit of an oxymoron. Zamasu spoke of wanting to preserve planets but apparently didn't care about anything that were inhabited on those planets as he solely caused more destruction and carnage than any skirmish residential mortals in history. This becomes even more increasingly redundant as in the manga his scheme reduced to wanting to destroy all of the cosmos. Fuck planet preservation.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:03 pm

generally the characters that are incarnate evil or evil energy have less merit because they seem to have no reasoning about what they are doing is something bad or good

for actions against life itself and enjoy the suffering of others I would say that frieza and zamasu

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:17 pm

This might seem odd or contradictory, but I personally believe that the characters that are "made of evil" aren't the most evil characters. This would include Buu (Kid Buu to be specific), Janemba, and King Piccolo. These characters are in a way "bound" by how they were created (of course, in the case of King Piccolo and the advanced forms of Buu, not as much so) and do not have control, or at least complete control, of their own actions; evil was their destiny from the start.
A worse kind of evil is what you could call "sapient evil", characters that are fully aware of what they're doing and are consciously making evil decisions. They could stop at any moment and they know that, but they deliberately choose not to. Someone like Frieza or Cell, or most movie villains.
But the worst kind of evil is the evil that doesn't know that it is evil. An evil that thinks it is good, that the wrong things it's doing are actually right. And that would be Zamasu.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:40 pm

zamasu respected the creation of the gods as planets or stars but hated mortal life

It will be depending on how you see it ...

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:09 pm

But the worst kind of evil is the evil that doesn't know that it is evil. An evil that thinks it is good, that the wrong things it's doing are actually right. And that would be Zamasu.
Yeah, this is a good description of Zamasu. In the end, he genuinely thought that he was doing the right thing. This is because he was good originally. He was a good being with a pure heart, as even Gowasu noted by looking at the way he brewed tea. This makes him unique amongst all other Dragon Ball villains in the sense that he didn't start out as evil when we first see him, and he was driven by noble goals like the desire to restore peace.

What's more, that evil isn't just the worst kind of evil, but also the most tragic. Because imho someone like Zamasu, who went mad out of a genuine desire to do good, was a tragic character. And indeed after his death, Gowasu even said that he -failed- Zamasu, so he admits that he himself failed to guide him on the right path, i.e. Doing what's best for the universe without waging multiversal genocide. Such a powerful scene that very few seem to remember.
zamasu respected the creation of the gods as planets or stars but hated mortal life

It will be depending on how you see it ...
Indeed, He deeply respected the creation of the Gods like planets and stars. I can point you to at least two moments where Zamasu laments the destruction he is bringing, yet finds solace in the fact that it is necessary to herald the arrival of a divine new world (i.e. The original and pure world of Gods). Also obviously he specifically didn't destroy anything in the region where he estabilished his base of operations, hence why he was living in a lush and very beautiful forest full of plants and trees.

Also, when he was still North Kai, he had a winged pig as a pet. I always found that interesting, that he would choose a "mortal creature" as a pet. Unless that was a divine pig or something, but that sounds really silly. Perhaps when he was younger, he wasn't even doubtful of mortals.

Indeed, Something to keep in mind, and that Zamasu himself states, is that when we first see him, and that's when he presents his doubts to Gowasu, he has already seen several examples like that of planet babari, so he has a basis upon which found his doubts. It's not like he woke up that day and randomly decided that mortals are not worth protecting.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:56 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:44 am
Goku didn't question him though, he casually touched him and repeatedly harassed him. He even humiliated him in combat.

Notice how Beerus was pissed off by how Goku was acting towards Zamasu, he called him many times an idiot, and if I am not mistaken he even hurt him when he so casually touched Zamasu. This means that Beerus doesn't tolerate that mortals act as if Gods were their friends... I mean, if you rewatch the first encounter between Zamasu and Goku, the latter acted pretty much like a stupid child.

This is the tragedy of Zamasu. Perhaps if Goku had acted in a more professional and rational manner, Zamasu would have had a much better impression of mortals, and specifically the Saiyan species.

As a matter of fact, that fight was the turning point in Zamasu's life. When he was defeated by Goku, when he witnessed the power and arrogance of mortals, he made up his mind and realized that mortals were a threat that had to be exterminated (this is further reinforced by the fact that a babarian savage would have killed Gowasu had Zamasu not stepped in).
Beerus was definitely pissed at Goku, but he was pissed in more of a way that was like (and I keep using this analogy) a citizen disrespecting a high ranking government official, rather than someone who committed an unforgivable sin. It was really just a matter Goku not having proper manners.

And I highly doubt that Babarian was a threat to Gowasu. Kais themselves are still pretty powerful, despite being a lot weaker than Angels and Destroyers. I think Zamasu knew the Babarian wasn't a threat, but still killed it anyway purely out of contempt and bigotry.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Beerus was definitely pissed at Goku, but he was pissed in more of a way that was like (and I keep using this analogy) a citizen disrespecting a high ranking government official, rather than someone who committed an unforgivable sin. It was really just a matter Goku not having proper manners.
I mean, aside from the "unforgivable sin" part, Zamasu's point of view towards Goku was very much relatable. If I were a being that can live up to 75.000 years and was chosen as the next lord of the universe, I too would get very mad if some random mortal touched my arms as if we were friends. I guess that Zamasu is the only God who takes such things very seriously

By the way, in the real world, if you had that attitude with someone like your boss (so not even a God), you would most likely get fired. It's common knowledge that you can't just run to your superior and touch their arms as if you were friends, so I don't blame Zamasu at all for getting so angry at Goku. I instead find it curious that Gowasu didn't seem to mind Goku's behaviour that much.
And I highly doubt that Babarian was a threat to Gowasu.
Actually Gowasu was visibly scared by that babarian, like really scared. He didn't know what to do and just stared at him in terror, until Zamasu killed the beast.

Which is interesting, for how much faith Gowasu put into the babarian species, he certainly wasn't at ease when he actually had to interact with one, and ironically it was his pupil that had to protect him. He really was a useless teacher. Then he even had the gall to scold Zamasu for protecting his old ass from that babarian. I mean, what was Zamasu supposed to do? Simply let that babarian hurt Gowasu, the lord of the universe, without even trying to help him?

For the record, bringing Zamasu to Planet Babari was literally the worst possible idea one could have. It's like Gowasu -wanted- to further prove Zamasu's point.