"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:32 pm

sintzu wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:17 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:54 pm So was Geekdom a fraud this entire time or did something really happen?
Him and 2 other very trusted people (Ajay / Yonko) said it would be back in July so either it'll be announced right before it airs or something changed.
Ajay earned my trust, but I've been hearing that Yonko has been getting a few things wrong. As for Geekdom, I still have no evidence of him knowing things like release dates or production info. He may be good at speculation but that's something anyone could get right.
sintzu wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:17 pm and that would kill their credibility.
None of them face any complaints outside of here. They could flat out say they've been lying this entire time and I guarantee you nothing would happen.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:59 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:54 pm So was Geekdom a fraud this entire time or did something really happen?
Him and 2 other very trusted people (Ajay / Yonko) said it would be back in July so either it'll be announced right before it airs or something changed. All 3 of them have gotten a lot of things right in the past so I doubt they were lying just to get clicks as they're already really popular and that would kill their credibility.
I think his credibility has already been questioned. Lately, it seems most of the users on here have resorted to taking what he says with a grain of salt, which I think is due to Toei debunking some of his claims.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:23 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:32 pm
Him and 2 other very trusted people (Ajay / Yonko) said it would be back in July so either it'll be announced right before it airs or something changed.
Ajay earned my trust, but I've been hearing that Yonko has been getting a few things wrong. As for Geekdom, I still have no evidence of him knowing things like release dates or production info. He may be good at speculation but that's something anyone could get right.
None of them face any complaints outside of here. They could flat out say they've been lying this entire time and I guarantee you nothing would happen.
I’m gonna call this ignorance. How are you finding Ajay credible in this situation despite the fact that they literally share sources? Ajay and Geek work together. They share info. Heck, some of Geek’s sources are most definitely Ajay’s sources. As for Yonkou, he’s leaked more correct info on anime related stuff than Ajay and Geek have combined.

Again, its fair for you to just not like Geekdom but its stupid that thats getting in the way of people trusting him despite them trusting Ajay considering they share sources.

Its all or nothing. Either Geek, Ajay, and Yonkou are all credible when it comes to this or none of them are.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:23 pm

I’m gonna call this ignorance. How are you finding Ajay credible in this situation despite the fact that they literally share sources? Ajay and Geek work together. They share info. Heck, some of Geek’s sources are most definitely Ajay’s soureces
I call shenanigans on this. If both Geekdom and Ajay share sources then why are their responses so different? Ajay confirmed in this thread that the Goku day blunder confused him and that a July release seemed pretty unlikely. While Geekdom seemed pretty sure that a series was going to come in July.

Ajay not knowing what was going on and then a movie coming out made me think something really did happen with his sources. Geekdom claiming the show was indeed coming back in July and then the movie coming back makes me smell bull.

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Again, its fair for you to just not like Geekdom but its stupid that thats getting in the way of people trusting him despite them trusting Ajay considering they share sources.
It's all about the way they act. Ajay reminds me of a guy with actual sources, he even has a screenshot of a genga to prove he has sources.

Geekdom reminds me of a guy with an uncle that works at Nintendo and as of right now, all of the proof he has are with his fans which aren't really reliable sources.

Also, would you completely trust someone you don't like?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:06 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pm Also, would you completely trust someone you don't like?
Whetever you like a person or not is irrelevant to the veracity of their information.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Konja7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Konja7 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:51 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pmI call shenanigans on this. If both Geekdom and Ajay share sources then why are their responses so different? Ajay confirmed in this thread that the Goku day blunder confused him and that a July release seemed pretty unlikely. While Geekdom seemed pretty sure that a series was going to come in July.

Ajay not knowing what was going on and then a movie coming out made me think something really did happen with his sources. Geekdom claiming the show was indeed coming back in July and then the movie coming back makes me smell bull.
Their reponses are so different, because they are different people. Geekdom can be more arrogant (and he doesn't seem good in recognize his mistake), but I guess he really trust his sources.

Now, you shouldn't mix things. When Geekdom wrote in twitter people are going to apologize in May, Ajay think the announce would be in May too, since the sources of both parts said Super will return in July.

When Ajay recognize Super won't likely return in July, Geekdom kept silent (he also knew that it was pretty unlikely that Super would return in July at that time).

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pmAlso, would you completely trust someone you don't like?
No, I wouldn't. However, I wouldn't assume he's lying either.

After all, Ajay, Geekdom and others have the same information.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:06 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pm Also, would you completely trust someone you don't like?
Whetever you like a person or not is irrelevant to the veracity of their information.
This
Konja7 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:51 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pmI call shenanigans on this. If both Geekdom and Ajay share sources then why are their responses so different? Ajay confirmed in this thread that the Goku day blunder confused him and that a July release seemed pretty unlikely. While Geekdom seemed pretty sure that a series was going to come in July.

Their reponses are so different, because they are different people. Geekdom can be more arrogant (and he doesn't seem good in recognize his mistake), but I guess he really trust his sources.

Now, you shouldn't mix things. When Geekdom wrote in twitter people are going to apologize in May, Ajay think the announce would be in May too, since the sources of both parts said Super will return in July.

When Ajay recognize Super won't likely return in July, Geekdom kept silent (he also knew that it was pretty unlikely that Super would return in July at that time).

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pmAlso, would you completely trust someone you don't like?
No, I wouldn't. However, I wouldn't assume he's lying either.

After all, Ajay, Geekdom and others have the same information.

Also this

You shouldn’t call someone’s info BS based off of how you feel about them. Especially when you trust someone else who shares sources with the person you dislike and even trusts the person you dislike.

Btw, Ajay was just as much sure 2uper was coming in July as Geek was. And Ajay was also confident 2uper would be announced by May like Geekdom was. As the guy above said, the only different was that Ajay came out on Kanzenshuu and expressed how he’s not sure what happened. Meanwhile, Geek didn’t talk about it until his 2nd most recent video.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:50 pm

https://twitter.com/goreshx/status/1135 ... 88321?s=21

I'm not surprised that TOEI doesn't think it can put as much quality production into this upcoming movie like they did with Broly. The staffing and casting they had for Broly raised the bar too much for them. It was so good they don't think they can do better. It even burnt them out. Despite that, TOEI still hopes to go even higher!!!

Lets get it!!!
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 pm

So it turns out that even the producers have their limits when it comes to the "bigger and badder" modus operandi of Dragon Ball. Unfortunately, Dragon Ball has been like that since its inception. The only debatable exception might be the transition from the RRA arc to the Baba Tournament arc where it seemed like Staff Officer Black's battle jacket might have been posing more of a threat than Grandpa Gohan did. One was played up more for comedic purposes while the other was a tearful reunion dressed up in the form of an intense fist-to-fist duel, though. It's questionable if you ask me but the only example I can think of.

How they plan to go about changing up the formula is the question, I think. If they're going to try and go the Moro route then I doubt it's going to be all that distinguishable. They could try to make an arc that's based more around the narrative of the story than the fights; that wouldn't be in keeping with the spirit of Dragon Ball, though, would it? Anyone else have any thoughts on what they plan to do here?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:31 pm

Lionel wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 pm So it turns out that even the producers have their limits when it comes to the "bigger and badder" modus operandi of Dragon Ball. Unfortunately, Dragon Ball has been like that since its inception. The only debatable exception might be the transition from the RRA arc to the Baba Tournament arc where it seemed like Staff Officer Black's battle jacket might have been posing more of a threat than Grandpa Gohan did. One was played up more for comedic purposes while the other was a tearful reunion dressed up in the form of an intense fist-to-fist duel, though. It's questionable if you ask me but the only example I can think of.

How they plan to go about changing up the formula is the question, I think. If they're going to try and go the Moro route then I doubt it's going to be all that distinguishable. They could try to make an arc that's based more around the narrative of the story than the fights; that wouldn't be in keeping with the spirit of Dragon Ball, though, would it? Anyone else have any thoughts on what they plan to do here?
The interview didn't mention anything about narration. Only quality of movie preparations.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 pm

Well, the Vegas licensing expo is ending and nothing new for the franchise was said, no bombshells. Toei must be fully aware how they're just messing with the fanbase at this point lol.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Araki wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 pm Well, the Vegas licensing expo is ending and nothing new for the franchise was said, no bombshells. Toei must be fully aware how they're just messing with the fanbase at this point lol.
Geekdom sure does look silly right about now...
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:05 pm

The DB Tour is honestly our safest bet. I'm expecting something at San Diego Comic Con. Last year we got the first trailer for Broly and that got massive attention. If Toei want a big announcement, they'll probably do it there.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:05 pm The DB Tour is honestly our safest bet. I'm expecting something at San Diego Comic Con. Last year we got the first trailer for Broly and that got massive attention. If Toei want a big announcement, they'll probably do it there.
"They'll announce it on the 30th Anniversary of Z!"
"They'll announce it on Goku Day!"
"They'll announce it at the licensing expo!"
"They'll announce it at SDCC!"

Ugh...
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 pm

PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:05 pm The DB Tour is honestly our safest bet. I'm expecting something at San Diego Comic Con. Last year we got the first trailer for Broly and that got massive attention. If Toei want a big announcement, they'll probably do it there.

Ugh...
This time we have actual confirmation of a movie sent from officials though.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:35 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Ugh...
This time we have actual confirmation of a movie sent from officials though.
We have confirmation they are in early development of a movie. Unless they rush it, it won't be out until 2021, let's be real. So short of the anime returning, they have nothing to announce or hype up right now.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Ugh...
Just so you know, I never said that the show's return would be announced during any of those other events in this thread. SDCC makes the most sense to me because of how the Broly trailer was revealed last year and the amount of buzz that got.

Or, y'know... I'm wrong. The best thing to do is to not rely on speculation and just wait patiently for whatever might happen whenever it may be.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:35 am

DB Tour is going to be AT SDCC it on their website.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:34 am

I am actually looking forward to Geekdom's next era of silence :lol: :lol: :lol:

From a marketing standpoint, of course there were Dragon Ball visuals in Las Vegas, because it was licensing expo and Dragon Ball is probably the strongest and best recognizable brand and of course will it be present for potential customers.

Movie is in preparation, there is no Super series in development, end of the story.
Again, they won't announce nothing and if development will reach happy conclusion, we shall MAYBE see some movie key art teaser not before the end of a year :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am

Oh god this is still going on? I have no doubt something will be 'shown' in SDCC but I highly doubt it's an anime. If the reports are right that Toei is working on something since October and in December Toriyama mentioned his 'next work' which with this recent interview makes it clear it's a movie then I'm pretty sure you can put two and two together, it's a movie guys.