Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Ty Beard: "Your honor, the defendant's friend on Twitter alleges that Vic Mignogna's schlong is "small"; but in fact, it is 8.8 cm, like the average male. The aforementioned statement is, therefore, false & defamatory".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:57 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:23 pm Ty Beard: "Your honor, the defendant's friend on Twitter alleges that Vic Mignogna's schlong is "small"; but in fact, it is 8.8 cm, like the average male. The aforementioned statement is, therefore, false & defamatory".
"Also he's not famous."

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:08 am

OMG this thread turned around into being hilarious.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:39 am

sailorspazz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm Tweets (such as this one) have been circulating with some of the details in the suit, and it's golden:

I especially can't get over this part right here:

Amazing work, YouTube lawyer, you've totally got Monica and the others on the ropes now! :clap:
YouTube lawyer: um, aCtUAllY, "on the ropes" is a wrestling term, and we're talking about real life serious business, and no alleged wrestling match ever took place, therefore your statement is defamatory and false.

Unsurprisingly, there are still Vic fans in the comments certain that the case is going well for him, and that he'll win and be "proven innocent" (despite the fact that he's the one suing others, so no verdicts will even be made on anything he's done :roll: )
Oh gawd I not backtracking thru 3 different people's twitter accounts to figure out who is exactly being talked to. Talking bout hours of scrolling thru toxic tweets. (It's most likely Ron though)

Maybe the POS comment sounded better in person, cuz even I'll admit the long explanation looks ridiculous on paper.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:59 am

The sheer number of reputable lawyers shredding this apart for laughs is making my month. I'm sure Beardo is making a decent payday off of this, and at this point I genuinely hope he's phoning in a suit he knows he'll lose. But if this is his best effort... :lol:

But the best entertainment has to be all of the Vic&NickStans being schooled in real time on how little an education from YouTube Lawyer is worth. (Though, as expected, literally nothing will ever get through to them.)

Kaylyn "MarzGurl" Saucedo has also chosen this time to show a document/intimidation letter she received from Beard: https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1136808920037482496

Worth checking out, but in short: it misspells her name and someone tried to correct this in pen instead of printing out a corrected copy, she received it by email, and the only physical copy was sent to an address in a city she's never lived in. And apparently their demands are in no way legally binding. "Fear the Beard" indeed. :lol:

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:15 am

On Rekieta's stream last night, Beard called on KiwiFarms -- a site dedicated to doxing people -- to "find out" about Greg.

I'm at a loss for words.

(And yes, Greg knows.)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:11 am

Even Nick was smart enough to not comment on that statement. Vic's actual lawyer is dumber than Nick.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:32 am

At what point did this turn into a Chappelle Show sketch?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:32 am At what point did this turn into a Chappelle Show sketch?
If it hadn't before, it certainly has now.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 pm

It's truly amazing now that other lawyers are becoming aware of this, reading the details, and then promptly calling bullshit. Don't know if it was available before, but a link to the full document is contained in this tweet, and responses/retweets by competent lawyers tearing it apart are currently in progress. Oh, but all they're seeking is the sweet fame they'll get by having dozens of Vic fans attack them and "correct" them, as they are highly qualified from playing tons of Ace Attorney and thus understand how the law really works :roll:

this. is. the. funniest. shit. I just can't stop watching this trainwreck.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Vic right now

This is surreal.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 pm It's truly amazing now that other lawyers are becoming aware of this, reading the details, and then promptly calling bullshit. Don't know if it was available before, but a link to the full document is contained in this tweet, and responses/retweets by competent lawyers tearing it apart are currently in progress. Oh, but all they're seeking is the sweet fame they'll get by having dozens of Vic fans attack them and "correct" them, as they are highly qualified from playing tons of Ace Attorney and thus understand how the law really works :roll:

this. is. the. funniest. shit. I just can't stop watching this trainwreck.
My other favorite from the document:

Much as I sympathize with every victim involved, I have no doubt the ongoing schadenfreude must be immensely vindictive. Beard and Rekieta's nonsense has been called out before, but getting publicly dragged by professional, well-seasoned lawyers for their blatant stupidity is nothing sort of poetic justice.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:56 am

Despite all the hubbub, he's at least invited to Comic Con Ireland :)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... nd/.147474

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:51 am

Jord wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:56 am Despite all the hubbub, he's at least invited to Comic Con Ireland :)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... nd/.147474
Yup. Nothing's being "ruined" for him. He'll be just fine, with or without the lawsuit.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Probably should've asked this a while back, but is there a way to embed tweets here?

Anyway, here's Greg dismantling Rekieta's "arrgghhhh Ron tried to interfere with Vic's contract" narrative.

Edit: Also, him pointing out Beard's law firm's been sanctioned for a false trial subpoena, LOL

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:08 pm Probably should've asked this a while back, but is there a way to embed tweets here?

Anyway, here's Greg dismantling Rekieta's "arrgghhhh Ron tried to interfere with Vic's contract" narrative.

Edit: Also, him pointing out Beard's law firm's been sanctioned for a false trial subpoena, LOL
This Twitter thread is extending my life force.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:42 pm

I’ve been following it too. It’s glorious. Of course the trolls refuse to believe what he is saying because their messiah Nick told them otherwise but it is funny seeing them argue with lawyers about defamation and numerous unbiased lawyers tell them no you are wrong & laugh at them. Apparently the whole case has become a big joke to law twitter.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:08 pmEdit: Also, him pointing out Beard's law firm's been sanctioned for a false trial subpoena, LOL
Do you still have a link to that bit? The current link is just taking me to the previous page of this thread.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:49 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:08 pmEdit: Also, him pointing out Beard's law firm's been sanctioned for a false trial subpoena, LOL
Do you still have a link to that bit? The current link is just taking me to the previous page of this thread.
It’s here https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/statu ... 85475?s=21

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Much obliged. Jeebus, could Vic's lawyer be any more of a train wreck. :lol: I almost feel bad for him at this point.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)