MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 3/4/24!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/23/19!)

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:35 pm

What I like about this section is seeing Goku bond with Gohan. Didn't see much of that before.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Tavarano
Not-So-Newbie

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 12/31/18!)

Post by Tavarano » Sat May 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Kid Buu wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:26 pm After reading this I'm starting to speculate if Goku is a troll character based on the troll author himself.
There is definitely a similarity, Toriyama treats raping Lady Red as an author in innocent manner, just like Goku does about everything, as much as everyone likes to argue that Goku is an inconsistent character, there is a sense of solid consistency in these 3 moments from beginning until the end.
Kid Buu wrote:What I like about this section is seeing Goku bond with Gohan. Didn't see much of that before.
Well it is an example of Toriyama's mean humor, with the joke being that Gohan had to wait 4 years for his fishing trip that Goku promised during the saiyan arc and it ended up being shitty in the end as Goku ruined the mood lying about cell games.
Akira Toriyama wrote:As a rule, there is no such thing as a theme in my work.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat May 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi, Mistare Lance (Hope you don't mind the pun I did right there). So, re-watching your review of The Return of Cool- I mean, Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors!, I noticed that you called Meta Cooler (or Coola, please don't get angry at me for saying the dub name. Pretty please!) "Metal" Cooler, which from what I heard is a mistranslation. What made you want to say "Metal" instead of Meta?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 am

New God, New Devil, New World - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Cell Arc Part 14!

In the days of peace before The Cell Games, we look at all the changes the Dragon Ball world has undergone since the gang came back from Namek.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:58 pm Hi, Mistare Lance (Hope you don't mind the pun I did right there). So, re-watching your review of The Return of Cool- I mean, Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors!, I noticed that you called Meta Cooler (or Coola, please don't get angry at me for saying the dub name. Pretty please!) "Metal" Cooler, which from what I heard is a mistranslation. What made you want to say "Metal" instead of Meta?
Hi! His name is indeed Metal Coola. "Meta" is a mistranslation because, while there is absolutely nothing "meta" about this character, he is made of metal! :D
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 5/21/19!)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 21, 2019 9:25 am

They're finally starting to correct this (kind of insane) error:

(Apologies for the random YouTube screen grabs, but I'm not at home.)

(Now if only we could get that switch to "Coola"...)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 am

Polish pronounciation of Satan name is pretty similar (Only its Szatan now). I also find it interesting how similar Satan look to King Chappa

As for people forgetting who beat Piccolo and thinking that martial arts elements are tricks, i might look too deep into it, but at that time when manga was created, in real world some political stuff happened, people memory is just that short :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue May 21, 2019 2:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:25 am They're finally starting to correct this (kind of insane) error:

(Apologies for the random YouTube screen grabs, but I'm not at home.)

(Now if only we could get that switch to "Coola"...)
To be fair, Mr. LaBrie, games like Dokkan and Legends have been calling him "Coora", which is pretty close to Coola.

Gray Riders
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gray Riders » Tue May 21, 2019 7:04 pm

The radical shift the world underwent has bugged me looking back.

My brother and I morbidly joked once or twice that all the animal people and super martial artists were attending conventions in East Capital when Vegeta and Nappa arrived.

If I had to guess I'd imagine Goku learned to drive between the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai and Raditz arriving. I can't think of any other time it would fit--I doubt he'd have thought of it on his own, so Chi Chi probably got him to do itm and he was probably too busy training during the three years before Cell.

As for Dende, maybe Goku figured that since he was considered qualified to be the new God he was qualified to pick one too?

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu May 30, 2019 3:43 am

Personally I think most of Dragon Ball cast looks Japanese or East Asian. Where as of the Sailor Moon cast you posted, only really Rei passes off as it.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 6/17/19!)

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 am

Goku Passes the Torch - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Cell Arc Part 15!

Mr. Satan and a reporter team up to be the designated comic relief. Then Goku and Cell fight in a tournament that pretty much stops being a tournament after the first few minutes.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:10 am

Bulma and her dad did have a whole mess of blueprints involving the Androids. With 16, they probably could have found out how Gero made his Androids so powerful and make 16 even stronger...but hey why do that? They have Goku! Nah, just fix 16 up, remove the bomb, and add the CC Logo. He'll be okay! :P

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:31 am

Wen Old Broly?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:31 am Wen Old Broly?
The Dragon Ball Dissection episode on Movie 8 will come out after Part 16.

In case you're ever wondering when any movie is going to be covered, don't forget that you're currently on a website that will tell you exactly when every movie comes out. :P

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am

Gaffer Tape wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 am Goku Passes the Torch - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Cell Arc Part 15!

Mr. Satan and a reporter team up to be the designated comic relief. Then Goku and Cell fight in a tournament that pretty much stops being a tournament after the first few minutes.
One question concerning your line about Cell learning about Goku''s teleporting ability at the tournament. I could have sworn that he first mentions it while in his second form, when Goku rescues Tenshinhan and Piccolo. Granted, my main experience with this arc comes from the Legacy of Goku game, so I don't exactly remember what happened in the series.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am One question concerning your line about Cell learning about Goku''s teleporting ability at the tournament. I could have sworn that he first mentions it while in his second form, when Goku rescues Tenshinhan and Piccolo. Granted, my main experience with this arc comes from the Legacy of Goku game, so I don't exactly remember what happened in the series.
He first witnesses it when Goku rescues Tenshinhan and Piccolo, but he has no idea what he's seeing. When he sees it here, he comments that Goku "did something like that before," at which point Goku explains that he can teleport. So he does not learn that Goku can teleport until this point in the story.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:30 am

Gaffer Tape wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:36 pm
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am One question concerning your line about Cell learning about Goku''s teleporting ability at the tournament. I could have sworn that he first mentions it while in his second form, when Goku rescues Tenshinhan and Piccolo. Granted, my main experience with this arc comes from the Legacy of Goku game, so I don't exactly remember what happened in the series.
He first witnesses it when Goku rescues Tenshinhan and Piccolo, but he has no idea what he's seeing. When he sees it here, he comments that Goku "did something like that before," at which point Goku explains that he can teleport. So he does not learn that Goku can teleport until this point in the story.
Gotcha, thanks!
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:35 am

Gohan just doesn't really have any connection to Cell and to me it just feels like having random characters fighting each other.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 am

Kid Buu wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:35 am Gohan just doesn't really have any connection to Cell and to me it just feels like having random characters fighting each other.
Well, Toriyama set up Gohan to take over as the main character from Goku since the Saiyan arc, so I don't think it necessarily matters with this. Hell, GOKU was fighting people he had no direct connection to in the Frieza arc & THAT arc was still really good.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Gohan just feels segregated from the sequence of events in the Cell arc compared go his role in the Saiyan and Freeza arcs though.

Also I actually agree with what you said about Goku in the Freeza arc so no arguement from me there.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:51 am

oh gosh these videos are all i've been watching again over this past week lmao.
Kid Buu wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:27 pm Gohan just feels segregated from the sequence of events in the Cell arc compared go his role in the Saiyan and Freeza arcs though.
yeah compared too how active he is in the saiyan and especially freeza arc, its always felt weird too me on how little of importance gohan is to the story in the cell arc, till the ending at least.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸