"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 am

sintzu wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:57 pm
EXBadguy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pmAt this point I predict that a XV3 will be strictly for next gen.
If it releases in 2021 or even later than it most likely will be. With the new systems being able to play previous gen games, there'll be no reaosn to release it on current and next gen. If it releases that early in the systems' life, its post launch support will be massive.
Yeah NB did that whith XV1, putting it on both last and current gen, I don't think they'll do it again. Hopefully the graphics will look similar to Legends, but improved.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pm At this point I predict that a XV3 will be strictly for next gen. I tell ya, I may be a bit indifferent about this game having too much DLC for its lifetime, but at least it is better than working on a half assed sequel. Just look what happened to Spike!
I highly doubt when the next gen consoles come out we'll get XV3. Unless they figure out how to import our XV1 and XV2 characters across the systems.

I know I would want mine that I made for the story campaigns to continue into XV3 story.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 am

excelhedge wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 pm
EXBadguy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pm At this point I predict that a XV3 will be strictly for next gen. I tell ya, I may be a bit indifferent about this game having too much DLC for its lifetime, but at least it is better than working on a half assed sequel. Just look what happened to Spike!
I highly doubt when the next gen consoles come out we'll get XV3. Unless they figure out how to import our XV1 and XV2 characters across the systems.

I know I would want mine that I made for the story campaigns to continue into XV3 story.
I don't know, but the rumour from Sony is that PS5 will be backwards compaible and you can play PS4 games on it.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:31 am

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 amThe rumour from Sony is that PS5 will be backwards compaible and you can play PS4 games on it.
Sony announced that officially.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 amI don't know, but the rumour from Sony is that PS5 will be backwards compaible and you can play PS4 games on it.
You mean just like PS4 let you play PS3 games as the latter let you play PS2 ones and so on...? This is hardly a new feature.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 pm
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 amI don't know, but the rumour from Sony is that PS5 will be backwards compatible and you can play PS4 games on it.
You mean just like PS4 let you play PS3 games as the latter let you play PS2 ones and so on...? This is hardly a new feature.
PS4 doesn't let you play PS3 games. Unless you're talking about the streaming service, but that's not really a thing a lot of people use or really like. The PS5 will allow you to play the games without the need for streaming them, as they'll download right to the device, a lot like the emulator Microsoft has in the Xbox One for 360 & OG Xbox games. The next Xbox will also have this feature for One games. This is due to the tech still being the same or very similar in the machines for reading, playing, & downloading the game roms.
Also, PS3 only let you really play PS1 games. It DID initially launch with PS2 back compat, but that was before they redesigned the console to make it cheaper because they physically built a PS2 disc drive into the initial model of it that drove up costs. Even now, it's a similar story with PS4. It allows for PS2 games to be played through the console, but only select games the companies make available & through an extra purchase rather than letting you use the discs you may have or can get from the PS2 days. PS5 MAY launch with PS3 non-streaming back compat, but only if Sony develops an emulator for the console that downloads a copy of the game roms to it & lets you play them at either no cost if you have the discs, or a cost for the digital version so you don't need a disc. Considering Sony's business practices VS Microsoft's in this area, I very majorly doubt this'll happen any time soon.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:32 am

Blue Evolution Vegeta announced as DLC for pack 9. 2 Vegetas for the price of one, The world is now perfect. :mrgreen:

His move set will be :

Atomic Blast
Final Charge
Flash Strike
Ultimate Final Explosion
Final Gallick Crash

It looks like he'll be a separate character and not just a power up for Blue like Kaioken is for Goku. This more than makes up for the waste of space that is Rebrianne. :sick:

If this pack is getting 3 characters then hopefully so will the next one. I really, really, REALLY hope Toppo manages to make the cut as he's the 2nd most important character of the TOP after Jiren. With Evolution being in now it only makes sense to also include the fighter it went up against.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:48 am

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:32 am Blue Evolution Vegeta announced as DLC for pack 9. 2 Vegetas for the price of one, The world is now perfect. :mrgreen:

His move set will be :

Atomic Blast
Final Charge
Flash Strike
Ultimate Final Explosion
Final Gallick Crash

It looks like he'll be a separate character and not just a power up for Blue like Kaioken is for Goku. This more than makes up for the waste of space that is Rebrianne. :sick:

If this pack is getting 3 characters then hopefully so will the next one. I really, really, REALLY hope Toppo manages to make the cut as he's the 2nd most important character of the TOP after Jiren. With Evolution being in now it only makes sense to also include the fighter it went up against.
Has it been confirmed that SSBE will be in the same DLC as SSG and Ribrianne? I've seen some people saying it's going to be a new DLC with Broly (Ikari or SSJ)

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:53 am

Still no Toppo. Unbelievable.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:00 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:48 amHas it been confirmed that SSBE will be in the same DLC as SSG and Ribrianne? I've seen some people saying it's going to be a new DLC with Broly (Ikari or SSJ)
I've got 2 sites I got this from. 1 said the DLC releasing this summer while the other said Ultra pack 1. As far as we know the only pack out this summer is Ultra Pack 1.
Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:53 am Still no Toppo. Unbelievable.
I know right ? We got another 17 as DLC yet not him. This version of Vegeta does increase the chances of him making it in so hopefully in the next one.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:26 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:32 am Blue Evolution Vegeta announced as DLC for pack 9. 2 Vegetas for the price of one, The world is now perfect. :mrgreen:

His move set will be :

Atomic Blast
Final Charge
Flash Strike
Ultimate Final Explosion
Final Gallick Crash

I guess then this makes somethings even then with parts of the fandom. Some got their Evolution SSG Blue that they want to celebrate Vegeta’s arc of power in the ToP arc, while Me and others are Happy that we got Ribrianne either cause we are fans of her or others that stated they wanted a uniquely different style of characters in this game. :)

It was likely Bandi was going to give a variety of different characters in this or most DLC, we just had to wait for their announcements.

The World was Very Good to Me and other Fans for having Ribrianne in this DLC :angel: , but I am Happy for those that greatly want Evolution SSG Vegeta’s inclusion. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:34 pm

It looks like Base (Rage) Broly will be in this as well which bring us to FOUR characters for this pack. I can't wait to see who we get for the next pack as that'll most likely also be 4 (hopefully). Hopefully Broly can transform into a Ssj.
CJStriker_CBR wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:26 pmThe World was Very Good to Me and other Fans for having Ribrianne in this DLC :angel: , but I am Happy for those that greatly want Evolution SSG Vegeta’s inclusion. :thumbup:
I kind of feel guilty for calling her a waste of space. :oops: :cry: :(

I guess there's no reason we can't all get what we want so it is good that Bandai are trying to give everyone who they want.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Fingers crossed that we get Caulifla and Kale as separate characters in the next DLC.
Caulifla best girl! :)

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:00 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:34 pm It looks like Base (Rage) Broly will be in this as well which bring us to FOUR characters for this pack. I can't wait to see who we get for the next pack as that'll most likely also be 4 (hopefully).
CJStriker_CBR wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:26 pmThe World was Very Good to Me and other Fans for having Ribrianne in this DLC :angel: , but I am Happy for those that greatly want Evolution SSG Vegeta’s inclusion. :thumbup:
I kind of feel guilty for calling her a waste of space. :oops: :cry: :)

I guess there's no reason we can't all get what we want so it is good that Bandai are trying to give everyone who they want.
It is what it was, thank you take back, appreciate it. :)

But What is most important is that different groups fans are getting who they are wanting in the game, each fan has their own and it brings both new players and old players back to it. It hopefully shows a trend line as well to that we finally we get more ToP arc characters like Toppo, Trio de Dangers and others!

This leads to more positives in the Fanbases to have fun with their favorites and seeing them represented and celebrated in the various areas of the franchise more. 8)
My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:01 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:54 pm Fingers crossed that we get Caulifla and Kale as separate characters in the next DLC.
SOOOOO MUCH YES to ALL of This Dragon Ball Gus!!! :thumbup: :D
My #1 in DB!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:08 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:54 pmFingers crossed that we get Caulifla and Kale as separate characters in the next DLC.
Caulifla, Kale, Dyspo, & Toppo are the remaining important characters from the TOP and Super in general. The last 2 DLCs got 4 packs each (4 Super packs & 4 extra packs) so chances are there'll be 4 Ultra packs as well.

I think it's safe to say we'll get most of or all of the following :

Caulifla
Kale
Toppo
Dyspo
Semi Perfect Cell
2nd form Freeza
Dr. Gero
Android 19
Super 13
Bojack's transformation

I do expect once those are out of the way we'll get an ultimate pack of one character, Farmer with the shotgun. 8)
CJStriker_CBR wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:00 pmIt hopefully shows a trend line as well to that we finally we get more ToP arc characters like Toppo, Trio de Dangers and others!
I forgot about the Trio. I can see one of them making it in.

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:34 pm It looks like Base (Rage) Broly will be in this as well which bring us to FOUR characters for this pack. I can't wait to see who we get for the next pack as that'll most likely also be 4 (hopefully). Hopefully Broly can transform into a Ssj.
I kind of feel guilty for calling her a waste of space. :oops: :cry: :(

Where does it say we get or might get Base (Rage) Broly?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:28 pm

SuperSaiyanPan wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pmWhere does it say we get or might get Base (Rage) Broly?
It's on Twitter. There's no scans yet so even Vegeta isn't 100% but it's close. I think it's from the same people who give us leaks every month.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Welp, that's dissappointing.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pmWelp, that's dissappointing.
Who do you want them to add ? We're still getting at least one more pack so chance are whoever it is will make it in.