"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 pm
Kanassa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pmWelp, that's dissappointing.
Who do you want them to add ? We're still getting at least one more pack so chance are whoever it is will make it in.
Anyone other than another Vegeta (Should have been a transformation or variation for God Vegeta) and another Broly since I can't see their possible new moves being different enough to justify it. Ribranne is at least a different fighter. I could see Toppo being good, I'm not yearning for Dyspo but it's better than more of the same. Honestly, I'm not all that fussed about completing Super's roster of characters, more weird and unexpected characters like Ozzoto maybe.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pmHonestly, I'm not all that fussed about completing Super's roster of characters, more weird and unexpected characters like Ozzoto maybe.
I think XV2 will complete (or close) Super and Z characters and open up XV3 for Heroes. Heroes has enough content for 2 games so with no new "canon" material thanks to 2uper taking so long, Heroess is the next best thing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

I´m not gonna bother with this last dlc; it´s just too much stuff I´m not interested in, I want more classic characters! :(

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Avatar can trasform in SSBE now.
You'll need max friendsihp with vegeta + lv 95.

Glad to see vegeta SSBE and broly (hope base+ ssj or rage form)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:33 pm

anubisj wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm I want more classic characters! :(
Same here. I hope one of the next packs will include them.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:17 pm

I thought SSBE was replacing SSG, but if you guys say we are getting both then great. Too bad we don't have yet the character that earnt him a spot in this game. And even better if we are getting one more iteration of Broly. I think is better to make SSBE a different character and not a transformation for SSB, because you don't start the fight with full ki (SSBlue has a huge ki bar IIRC and this SSBE probably requires a hell lot of ki bars) and if we don't get charge we are done for.
Broly on the other hand I think should be able to transform into SS from his ikari form and let FPSS as a different character.

Characters I desperately need:
LB Jiren
SSBE Vegeta
Ikari Broly
SS Broly
Toppo (hakaishin)
Omen Goku

Characters I want
Toppo (pride trooper)
Kale
Caulifla
Dyspo

Perfect order for DLC: Ribrianne, SSBE, Hakaishin Toppo, LB Jiren
next DLC: SSG Vegeta, SS Broly, Ikari Broly, Omen Goku
other DLC: Kale, Caulifla, Dyspo, Toppo Pride Trooper

edit: also, I just noticed that we don't have Uub
edit 2: how cool would it be if we get SSBE Vegeta after he defeated Toppo? no shirt no gloves

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:08 pm Caulifla
Kale
Toppo
Dyspo
It is all that the game needs but apparently it is taking too long

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm
Kale
Toppo
Dyspo
It's probably being done to build up hype.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:42 pm

So we're just getting characters? I could've sworn that in an interview DIMPS gave a while ago that they were including to co-op and story elements. I love XV2, but for a game that focuses so much on your CaC and playing with friends, they haven't added much content. The Fu extra missions should've been co-op. I can't complain about the continued support, but I would really like to see more than just character updates.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 pm

I’m stilling waiting on the Trio de Danger, Toppo, Dyspo, Caulifla, Kale, Uub, Pikkon, Roshi, Dr. Gero, Semi-Perfect Cell, and 2nd and 3rd form Freeza.

Tbh while I'm not but these characters, I'm glad Dimps keeps adding more because the more characters XV2 has, the larger the roster will be for 3.

DBL’s Tournament of Time concept would have been perfect for XV3. That way, we get a story dealing with time shenanigans that utilizes characters from Z without having to go through the DBZ storyline a 3rd time.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pm
sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 pm
Kanassa wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pmWelp, that's dissappointing.
Who do you want them to add ? We're still getting at least one more pack so chance are whoever it is will make it in.
Anyone other than another Vegeta (Should have been a transformation or variation for God Vegeta) and another Broly since I can't see their possible new moves being different enough to justify it. Ribranne is at least a different fighter. I could see Toppo being good, I'm not yearning for Dyspo but it's better than more of the same. Honestly, I'm not all that fussed about completing Super's roster of characters, more weird and unexpected characters like Ozzoto maybe.
I understand your point, but I think it's better that SSBE Vegeta is a separate character, because then he's going to have a totally new moveset (or at least for the most part)
sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:34 pm It looks like Base (Rage) Broly will be in this as well which bring us to FOUR characters for this pack. I can't wait to see who we get for the next pack as that'll most likely also be 4 (hopefully). Hopefully Broly can transform into a Ssj.
I think it would make a lot more sense if God Toppo were in this Pack. We've had Movie Broly recently and Toppo is a character that should have already been introduced in DBX2

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:44 am

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:08 pm quote=CJStriker_CBR post_id=1607096 time=1560877211 user_id=121309]It hopefully shows a trend line as well to that we finally we get more ToP arc characters like Toppo, Trio de Dangers and others!
I forgot about the Trio. I can see one of them making it in.[/quote]

Indeed, but it hard to choose which one and really are truly a trio of characters and it his hard seeing either one of them come out before the other.

If their was one to come 1st I say Bergamo since he is the Lead of the Brothers. Also it be really unique if one of his abilities is for him to absorb minor attacks and grow large to a degree in size on the battle field like in the anime, that be Awesome to see!

I like mostly to have Basil the Kick, he was my Favorite of the Trio and a cool concept of mostly a Kick Style of fighting of fists which most DB Fighters use. 8)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:47 am

sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm
Kale
Toppo
Dyspo
It's probably being done to build up hype.
Indeed, while I would want these characters to come out ASAP and to see them finally in this or most any other game, it really all comes down to presentation and time in the sun.

If to many come out at once it becomes crowded and the character does not get to have the lime-light and focus to themselves, ending up losing hype sadly. Doing one at a time, sadly to long, but still one at a time is better cause it gives each character time to have just the focus on them, what they can do in the game and what they bring to it. Also it is their time to be celebrated for making it to that game, so all the attention goes to them, which greatly benefits that character.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:02 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:47 amIf to many come out at once it becomes crowded and the character does not get to have the lime-light and focus to themselves.
This is true. As much as I'm happy to get 2 Vegetas, SsjG isn't going to get the attention from me it would've had it been the only version.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:56 am

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 am

Cool but where's broly?
Maybe we'll see him in the scan about fighterz?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:14 am

Looks like Evolution Vegeta has that self-destruction move he originally used in the Buu saga. I forgot they had him do that again in the ToP, taking away the death side effect. But does he have any attacks that didn't already exist in XV2? I see that, Galick Gun, and Big Bang, all of which previous versions of Vegeta already had.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am

Our character is getting at SSBE form? Neat, well that's something to look forward to in the DLC.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am

Gt91 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 am Cool but where's broly?
He probably has his own page. There's also a chance it was a false rumor but let's wait and see.
ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:14 amDoes he have any attacks that didn't already exist in XV2?
He has some teleportation move that get gets him right to where who he's fighting. I think it allows him to land a few hits as well.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 am

Gt91 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 am Cool but where's broly?
Maybe we'll see him in the scan about fighterz?
I saw some guys on Twitter saying there is no scan for Broly. If it's true, then I think he will not be included in this pack. I still hope we have 4 characters (though DLC 9 is supposed to launch in June, so there's no time to add more)
ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:14 am Looks like Evolution Vegeta has that self-destruction move he originally used in the Buu saga. I forgot they had him do that again in the ToP, taking away the death side effect. But does he have any attacks that didn't already exist in XV2? I see that, Galick Gun, and Big Bang, all of which previous versions of Vegeta already had.
It seems that he will have 4 new attacks besides the "Final Explosion" with new animation (Vegeta surviving)

- Atomic Blast
- Final Charge
- Flash Strike
- Final Galick Rush (New Ultimate).
- Final Explosion (Ultimate)