"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm For the record, I always feel like I'm walking a tightrope when it comes to posting about these types of content leaks anywhere.

In this case, said content is posted as public information, so it's not an issue of having to keep the source private or anything. But knowing how the fandom at large often tend to harass providers for more information or barrage them with requests, in addition to having no sense of respecting cultural differences...I occasionally feel the need to withhold sources just to serve as a buffer.

Just...the less people they have to interact with, the better. As having the masses annoy them and potentially losing them as sources is less than ideal.
I get what you're trying to say, but it makes even less sense to not share the source of information if it's been publicly posted before, as opposed to just sharing it because giving credit where credit is due is more important. When the source is a person then sure you don't need to mention any names, but as in the case of a blog post, it's best to share the link or credit the user who first mentioned it as opposed to just posting it out there so you can be seen as a 'source' yourself.

I think this problem of harrassing the sources is less of a problem than you make it out to be. If the sources are Japanese speakers, and that premise is well understood, chances are they're not going to be harrassed by people who don't speak the language simply because they can't communicate or get info out properly without translators.

Speaking of which I feel bad for Cipher whose tweet about the GT anime comic has led to some misunderstandings, including that one dumb uninformed article by comicbook.com. Seriously that site is arguably worse than the DB Wikia, all clickbait with no real substance.
Dragotaker wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:46 pm so THAT'S what it meant??? man talking about a disappointment, love GT, way more that the average fan does, but this feels like a waste of time, unless this means we somehow get new forms for GT characters once in a while even though they didn't appear in the original story, maybe as SEC's.
Age of Dragon Ball serves to introduce new players to the game, while catching them up to events that happened in the main series. Saying it is a waste of time is like saying including story mode as an additional feature in a DBZ fighting game is a waste of time (when it is a perfectly reasonable thing to do).

I'm personally glad that GT is getting more exposure to newcomers to the franchise, to encourage them to watch the original series as it was meant to be and not jump on the old hate bandwagon or get talked out of it by other ppl. I don't ask for more GT-related content because they have no obligation to provide it for us, since the main bulk of the franchise has shifted to DBS. But the fact that they still do is indicative of GT's staying power.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 pmI get what you're trying to say, but it makes even less sense to not share the source of information if it's been publicly posted before, as opposed to just sharing it because giving credit where credit is due is more important. When the source is a person then sure you don't need to mention any names, but as in the case of a blog post, it's best to share the link or credit the user who first mentioned it as opposed to just posting it out there so you can be seen as a 'source' yourself.

I think this problem of harrassing the sources is less of a problem than you make it out to be. If the sources are Japanese speakers, and that premise is well understood, chances are they're not going to be harrassed by people who don't speak the language simply because they can't communicate or get info out properly without translators.
I don't really post news on the forum anymore. Other people cover it in a more timely manner than I typically have the free time to. However, when the info pops up, I do cover watered down versions of the content on Twitter as has already been discussed, because not everyone visits Kanzenshuu. But providing my followers with access to the blog would make it easier for them to track down the Twitter account associated with it.

The problem is, you can see how the masses pounce on figures like Toyotaro, Nagayama, or the franchise accounts when news is posted (Shueisha, V-Jump, Toei, Dragon Ball Super, etc). And back when I used to retweet or quote obscure sources, I would get the notifications for people doing exactly what I'm trying to avoid happening. Whether they understand the content being spewed at them or not is a separate sub-issue. They still have to deal with the general annoyance of being bombarded in a language that's not native to them and disrespects their established Twitter culture.

It's not just Twitter either. A lot of us get the arcade play throughs from the Youtube user NEXT. And for a while a couple of years ago (maybe still? I haven't checked lately), he had a habit of disabling comments on videos if they got too many English comments annoying him after we posted them in here.

So there's a reason I generally stopped providing sources for these things, and it wasn't because I want to be seen as the source. I honestly couldn't care less about such things. Zero interest in clout, or whatever else. If I did, I'd try harder. Or try at all, actually. I stopped because a lot of places are filled with children, a wide variety of international users with different standards, and/or people who just don't care or know any better, regardless of language barriers.

If you guys want to share it in here, that's your choice. I'm not saying to stop. I just don't want to contribute to what I've seen can be a problem unless I can trust the person who requests the source to not be an embarrassment.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:10 am

So can someone explain to me this Age of Dragon Ball stuff for Heroes? I can´t find it on the Internet

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 pm I'm personally glad that GT is getting more exposure to newcomers to the franchise, to encourage them to watch the original series as it was meant to be and not jump on the old hate bandwagon or get talked out of it by other ppl. I don't ask for more GT-related content because they have no obligation to provide it for us, since the main bulk of the franchise has shifted to DBS. But the fact that they still do is indicative of GT's staying power.
To be fair, GT is only hated in the west (and I wager only truly in the states). Japan looks pretty fondly at the series.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:28 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:29 pmI can imagine Pan wearing that signature black Xeno coat, would be pretty badass. If she is the surprise character, one of the SEC/UR cards will be SSJ Pan (GT).
Let's all hope so. We're far overdue for it at this point.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:39 am

With the next Anime episode coming on the 22nd, how long do you think it'll be until we get more info on UVM 9?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Kanassa wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:39 am With the next Anime episode coming on the 22nd, how long do you think it'll be until we get more info on UVM 9?
Don't quote me on this but i'm pretty sure by around that time or at most last week of this month but probably earlier we will have magazine leaks like always that'll pretty much spoil everything but the SEC's and whatever hint of what's to come the arcade will gives us after the actual mission is released.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:55 am

Promo card from the Ichiban Kuji lottery

And the Ichiban Kuji figures based on card art

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:43 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:00 pm
Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:05 pm So Heroes stop doing their usual teasers/trailers in order to do this promotional animated series, right?
No, they still do the animated trailers https://youtu.be/wGYgWeFp_ow
Cool! I really like those, in fact I was watching a compilation of all these teaser to 2010 to now on, impressive how this sh*t is popular... Also all the openings are freaking catchy and better than the Super ones.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 am

Golden Metal Cooler...?

Super Hearts.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:36 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 am Golden Metal Cooler...?

Super Hearts.
Super Hearts has the absolute worst hairdo I have ever seen.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:44 am

It seems Gogeta BR has yet another technique (it'd be the third now. If only Heroes was this commited with the old Gogeta's techniques...). Can someone translate it?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 am

Well, when you've already decided to go with Meta-Cooler, I suppose this is a relatively reasonable thing to do...
Super Hearts.
I don't like this one. Seems extremely uninspired, and not everyone needs to have a transformation.
Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:44 am It seems Gogeta BR has yet another technique (it'd be the third now. If only Heroes was this commited with the old Gogeta's techniques...). Can someone translate it?
It's blurry, but it looks like it might be Stardust Fall. It's definitely Stardust and then something that begins with an f.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:44 am It seems Gogeta BR has yet another technique (it'd be the third now. If only Heroes was this commited with the old Gogeta's techniques...). Can someone translate it?
Looks like スターダストフォール ("Stardust Fall").
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am

Thank you both. Stardust Fall is kinda interesting, despite being just a rain of blasts. Let's see how it looks like in this game.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:32 am

If Base Hearts is capable of imprisoning Jiren like he was nothing, I really look forward to seeing what Super Hearts is capable of.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 pm
Rakurai wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 pm I'm personally glad that GT is getting more exposure to newcomers to the franchise, to encourage them to watch the original series as it was meant to be and not jump on the old hate bandwagon or get talked out of it by other ppl. I don't ask for more GT-related content because they have no obligation to provide it for us, since the main bulk of the franchise has shifted to DBS. But the fact that they still do is indicative of GT's staying power.
To be fair, GT is only hated in the west (and I wager only truly in the states). Japan looks pretty fondly at the series.
Not really true. They like aspects of GT like Super Saiyan 4 and Gogeta. Everything else, it’s considered a pretty forgettable series.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 am

Super hearts looks pretty damn cool

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:06 pm

HeroR wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am Not really true. They like aspects of GT like Super Saiyan 4 and Gogeta. Everything else, it’s considered a pretty forgettable series.
The acceptance of the sudden onslaught of GT related content across multiple platforms says otherwise.

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Super Hearts.
are these all the leaks for Heroes this time around?? nothing from Demon Realm Xeno saga??? because i think if there were we would probably have already seen them by now but not really sure, really dissppointed if that's the case, not to mention Cooler is still hung up with that goddamned golden recolor form even though he already has it and now he is not even a biological being, well at least if he ever appears again in the future they can't waste him again with the golden form because they already gave it to him to all his incarnations.