Oozaru ranked as able to defeat Gozilla

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Oozaru ranked as able to defeat Gozilla

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:31 am

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-featu ... t-godzilla

Oozaru is basically alien werewolf King Kong. But that said, I think Godzilla would put up a good fight.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Oozaru ranked as able to defeat Gozilla

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:13 am

Well, of course, as is usual in these things, it heavily depends on which Oozaru and which Godzilla.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:59 am

Well since Godzilla appeared in Dr Slump they're kinda in the same universe so let the speculation commence.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:13 am Well, of course, as is usual in these things, it heavily depends on which Oozaru and which Godzilla.
I'm sorry, does it vary with each Saiyan?
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:26 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:13 am Well, of course, as is usual in these things, it heavily depends on which Oozaru and which Godzilla.
I'm sorry, does it vary with each Saiyan?
Well yeah. You don't think Oozaru Goku when he first appeared and smashed Pilaf's castle is equal to Oozaru Vegeta, or Golden Oozaru Goku in GT, right?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:50 pm

I was thinking of the basic berserker side that a general Saiyan possesses.

But as you said before, with each Saiyan it varies, just as with each version of Godzilla. So you're considering that, and that matters.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:00 pm

Can someone elaborate on which versions of Godzilla are there? (with their respective powerlevel)

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:20 am

Well, Godzilla dont have specific PL's like HP & stuff right? At least from what I've known based on my viewings of Americanized 1998, 2014's Legendary, 2016 Shin Godzilla & 2019's Godzilla: King of The Monsters

What I do know is that Godzilla has fought legit tough mfkers like MechaGodzilla & Destroyah....entities created solely to kill Godzilla

Oozaru is essentially....a really gigantic, chi amped King Kong....and I knw guys talkin abt whats a King to a God and stuff

Both have weaknesses: Oozaru requires constant blutz wave/moon & obviously his tail to stay as Oozaru and Godzilla has to replenish itself with nuclear source once its depleted

Pitting strongest version of Oozaru against another strongest version of Godzilla wud ultimately just be....a draw. Talkin only abt strength here

If one has exploits the weakness of the other, the outcome would sooner of later be decided.

Lets just say I pit GT's Oozaru Baby Vegeta against our recent 2019's Burning Godzilla (post-nuclear ressurection & Mothra's power-up)...man...I cannot even visualize the scale & scope of destruction that would be caused by these behemoths. Both would rip each-other apart till...I dont think none of them would...stand..

Imma goin with a draw here

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 am

It's not even a contest. Unless Godzilla has the ability to destroy the moon, I don't see him having a chance in hell of winning.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 am

ABED wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 am It's not even a contest. Unless Godzilla has the ability to destroy the moon, I don't see him having a chance in hell of winning.
Some versions can do that and more.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:07 am

Fair enough. The extent of my Godzilla knowledge is limited to the original movie, the 2014 film, and whatever Godzilla film happened to play on the Sci-Fi channel in the 90s.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 am Some versions can do that and more.
That may be the best feat I’ve seen from a kaiju battle. What more could Godzilla do?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 am Some versions can do that and more.
That may be the best feat I’ve seen from a kaiju battle. What more could Godzilla do?
Marvel Godzilla was able to fight Thor in the 70s.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 am

IDW version (the one that destroyed the earth there) also went to Hell and fought his way out, as well as survived a black hole (or at least something that was similar to a black hole). There was also a supposed 'black hole' in one of the movies which he survived. I remember seeing a manga panel where Destroyah sliced the moon in half with his laser horn... and a video game where Godzilla destroyed the original version of Gorath (a super dense planet moving so fast that it had more energy than the sun) with his atomic breath.

EDIT: One other thing I remember (although I'm not sure about this) is that in the movie Shin Godzilla, he was continuously evolving into more powerful forms. In the movie he only reached form #5, but some supplementary material stated that if he had gotten to form #8 he would be a threat to the whole universe.

As I said, it really depends on which versions you use.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:12 am

Nice feats. I bring Oozaru Cumber, Golden Oozaru Gogeta and Oozaru Time Breaker Bardock to the table, the strongest ones. The latter can open a rift and send someone to another dimension. I can only imagine a fight between them, it'd be interesting.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~