"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:44 pm

head_cha_la wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 pm
I think Goten, Trunks, Bra and especially Marron have no future.
that's sad specially Goten and Trunks they still have their fans
but pan and bra well ... the ssj girls already exist currently, so the interest in them has dropped

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:33 pm

head_cha_la wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:40 pm
sintzu wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 pm

It's not only Toriyama, everyone involved want to stay there because the characters are more marketable. They won't even let Goku and Vegeta change their outfits.
I still don’t understand how Teen Goten/Marron/Trunks and kid Pan/Bra/Uub arent more marketable than them being forever children/infants.
I think Goten, Trunks, Bra and especially Marron have no future.
yeah, as much as that disappoints me because I think they could tell good stories with them but toei doesn’t care about that. At this point I’d just like to see them age.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:04 am

BrolySSJL wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:05 pmI like Super, but lacks of soul...only Goku and Vegeta (I love them but man, at this point they're annoying).
I agree that we've gotten a lot of them, but Vegeta was in desperate need of some wins. In the original manga he was mentally broken down by Freeza, couldn't lay a hand on Cell, & could only buy time against Buu. In the original 13 movies he was only in half of them, in which he was completely humiliated, same goes for GT. Despite Super giving some fans too much Vegeta, it more than made up for what he lacked in the original anime.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:30 am

sintzu wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:04 am
BrolySSJL wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:05 pmI like Super, but lacks of soul...only Goku and Vegeta (I love them but man, at this point they're annoying).
I agree that we've gotten a lot of them, but Vegeta was in desperate need of some wins. In the original manga he was mentally broken down by Freeza, couldn't lay a hand on Cell, & could only buy time against Buu. In the original 13 movies he was only in half of them, in which he was completely humiliated, same goes for GT. Despite Super giving some fans too much Vegeta, it more than made up for what he lacked in the original anime.
To be fair, it could be argued that what Vegeta got was more dignifying than the scraps his predecessors received. Tenshinhan toiled day and night to perfect a technique he witnessed once which he may have believed would kill him so that he could avenge his close friend and Roshi during the Daimao arc. He never got the chance to even use it in the manga because of a ridiculous oversight on the character's part. From there he goes on to once again fail in avenging said friend against Nappa with his most potent attack.

With Piccolo, his newly conceived hopes of overthrowing the most powerful being in the universe and avenging his slaughtered race were dashed the moment Freeza quipped about having two more transformations in reserve. At least Vegeta had the opportunity to retrace his footsteps and get down to brass tacks in compensating for his past humiliation against the tyrant in the ROF arc. Piccolo never got that chance. Don't forget about his so called "trump card" lacking any kind of substantive benefit for the group outside of learning about Cell's identity and leading said monster straight to where the cyborgs were located. From there it was a downward track for Piccolo.

Unlike Tenshinhan and Piccolo, Vegeta is still in the game. He can still have his credible moments of glory, not against minor opponents but major adversaries, and stand shoulder to shoulder with Goku as the deuteragonist. What are the other two supposed to expect will come their way? They're certainly long past the point of trading blows with main enemies like Jiren or Broly.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 am

It'd be kinda cool if Vegeta's version of SSBE in the manga actually lines up with the way it looks in the anime (Buff and with Irises) Mastered version of Evolution (allowing him full control and greater power + Strength + newer abilities and speed)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 am

Lionel wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:30 amIt could be argued that what Vegeta got was more dignifying than the scraps his predecessors received.
I agree. I just think that Vegeta's character in the Buu arc was set up to get some major wins but that's when it ended. Super for all its flaws got Vegeta right and followed up the development he got in the Buu arc.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:23 am

DBS Manga Chapter 49 is titled "Battle in the Void of Space".
Source - DBS Hype (Twitter) / some images have been leaked.

Summary, just from some scans, without translations, only what can be seen from those leaked scans:

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:00 am

Honestly the few space battles we've gotten from Toyotaro have been some of the most visually interesting fights in the manga. Hopefully he can deliver here If this chapter is fully a space battle.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:10 am

DBS Manga Chapter 49 summary: https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1141354021900279813

So Kid Buu got a larger percentage of the Daikaioshin’s godly power potential than Majin Buu. I’m going to assume this extends to Uub. So now Uub has a large godly-powered potential.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:15 am

For the most part it was just more fighting with the ending teasing Moro's third wish. They also remind us that when Fat Buu and Gray Buu split, Gray Buu got most of the power which is why Daikaioshin (however you spell his name) can't seal moro up again.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 am

Uub now having God Ki feels like such a shoehorned Idea that I can't believe Toriyama actually went forward with it (Like I'm actually not okay with this) and second of all how the hell does this merus guy know about the battle against Kid Boo or Majin Boo's split ???

he's a brand new character offering up exposition on past events like if he was there (Goku or Vegeta should've said all of this)

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:25 am

Liquir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:37 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pmoh and esca is connected to the Namekian Dragon Balls
Could be that The Grand Elder feared/knew he would die soon, so he transfered the DB powers to Esca before Cranberry arrived there. The Dragon Balls scattered afterwards, so either the Grand Elder was slowly dying or those powers have been transfered to Esca now.
Based on the summary, it looks like this was the case. Good call.

The summary doesn't directly say that Uub has god ki; even if Kid Buu got some during fission (so in a way it's not his power) there's no guarantee that he inherited that part during reincarnation. However, it's definitely a possibility, and if Goku gets wind of it... Well, there's your explanation for why he still wants to train him in EoZ despite all of Super.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 am

So now Kid Buu and Uub had god ki?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is laughable at this point

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:43 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 am Uub now having God Ki feels like such a shoehorned Idea that I can't believe Toriyama actually went forward with it (Like I'm actually not okay with this) and second of all how the hell does this merus guy know about the battle against Kid Boo or Majin Boo's split ???

he's a brand new character offering up exposition on past events like if he was there (Goku or Vegeta should've said all of this)
Between Godtube, Zuno, Galactic Patrol monitoring the goings on of the Universe, their connecting with the Kaioshin, and Jaco having Earth connections, there are many ways they could have found out about such major events.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 am So now Kid Buu and Uub had god ki?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As for the whole God ki thing, we shouldn’t be surprised. The Kaioshin have always been the gods of creation. So they’ve always had a type of god ki (remember that there are different kinds of god ki). Majin Buu already had South Kaioshin and Daikaioshin absorbed. So when Majin Buu split into Gray Buu and Good Majin Buu, it makes sense that Gray Buu would have gotten the god power too.

And since Kid Buu still had the god power, its only natural that Uub would have some kind of god power or the potential to unlock godly power. If anything, this arc is just bringing it up.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:43 am
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:23 am Uub now having God Ki feels like such a shoehorned Idea that I can't believe Toriyama actually went forward with it (Like I'm actually not okay with this) and second of all how the hell does this merus guy know about the battle against Kid Boo or Majin Boo's split ???

Between Godtube, Zuno, Galactic Patrol monitoring the goings on of the Universe, their connecting with the Kaioshin, and Jaco having Earth connections, there are many ways they could have found out about such major events.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:35 am So now Kid Buu and Uub had god ki?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As for the whole God ki thing, we shouldn’t be surprised. The Kaioshin have always been the gods of creation. So they’ve always had a type of god ki (remember that there are different kinds of god ki). Majin Buu already had South Kaioshin and Daikaioshin absorbed. So when Majin Buu split into Gray Buu and Good Majin Buu, it makes sense that Gray Buu would have gotten the god power too.

And since Kid Buu still had the god power, its only natural that Uub would have some kind of god power or the potential to unlock godly power. If anything, this arc is just bringing it up.
You don't get it (Back in the 90's) toriyama hadn't expanded God Ki for mortals or at least the way he did in Battle of Gods (well Piccolo when Merged with Kami sorta got Godly Powers but even then he can't tap into em) So Uub now having a reason for being on par with Goku during the 28th world tournament is purely out of plot convenience

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:05 pm

As far as I can tell from this summary, Kid Boo did not have God Ki, he just has hidden most of the power of Dai Kaioshin. That is, a hidden potential. Obviously he did not use God Ki at any time because he did not have the ability to release it, and about Uub is just an assumption since he is the reincarnation of Evil Boo, it is not yet confirmed

In fact, Kaioshins have never demonstrated to possess the same type of God Ki that the others (GoDs or God transformations) since Goku always could feel the Ki of them. Of course, at the time of the Boo Saga Toriyama did not think about it, but even in DBS this was not changed

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 am

You don't get it (Back in the 90's) toriyama hadn't expanded God Ki for mortals or at least the way he did in Battle of Gods (well Piccolo when Merged with Kami sorta got Godly Powers but even then he can't tap into em) So Uub now having a reason for being on par with Goku during the 28th world tournament is purely out of plot convenience
First off, Uub was never on par with Goku in the 28th Tournament to begin with so this whole revelation from the latest chapter wasn’t made as plot convenience for the reason you mentioned. There was never a need for a reason that Uub was on par with Goku because Uub was never on par with him at all.

Second off, it was already established before that Uub was a special child because he held the potential to be as powerful as Kid Buu. This chapter has told us that Kid Buu himself had the hidden potential to unlock the godly ki from the daikaioshin. So the only thing that has changed is that Uub just has more hidden potential all together. He has the potential to become as powerful as Kid Buu AND unlock godly ki.

Nothing has really changed for Uub as a character since he was always special to begin with.

If anything, this helps the plot of the End of Z Tournament. Now it makes more sense why Goku would be interested in training Uub. Having the potential to be as powerful as Kid Buu is nothing compared to Goku’s power now. But having the potential of being as powerful as Kid Buu WITH godly ki from the daikaioshin is much more exciting for Goku.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:19 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:05 pm
As far as I can tell from this summary, Kid Boo did not have God Ki, he just has hidden most of the power of Dai Kaioshin. That is, a hidden potential. Obviously he did not use God Ki at any time because he did not have the ability to release it, and about Uub is just an assumption since he is the reincarnation of Evil Boo, it is not yet confirmed

In fact, Kaioshins have never demonstrated to possess the same type of God Ki that the others (GoDs or God transformations) since Goku always could feel the Ki of them. Of course, at the time of the Boo Saga Toriyama did not think about it, but even in DBS this was not changed
I’d assume that since Uub had the potential to become as strong as Kid Buu, he would also have inherited Kid Buu’s hidden potential that is the daikaioshin’s god ki.

But yes, i agree with your interpretation 100%. And people forget that we have kaioshin god ki, saiyan god ki, hakaishin god ki, and we dont even know what the Angels, Zeno, and Zalama have.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:28 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:16 pm
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 am

First off, Uub was never on par with Goku in the 28th Tournament to begin with so this whole revelation from the latest chapter wasn’t made as plot convenience for the reason you mentioned. There was never a need for a reason that Uub was on par with Goku because Uub was never on par with him at all.

Second off, it was already established before that Uub was a special child because he held the potential to be as powerful as Kid Buu. This chapter has told us that Kid Buu himself had the hidden potential to unlock the godly ki from the daikaioshin. So the only thing that has changed is that Uub just has more hidden potential all together. He has the potential to become as powerful as Kid Buu AND unlock godly ki.

Nothing has really changed for Uub as a character since he was always special to begin with.

If anything, this helps the plot of the End of Z Tournament. Now it makes more sense why Goku would be interested in training Uub. Having the potential to be as powerful as Kid Buu is nothing compared to Goku’s power now. But having the potential of being as powerful as Kid Buu WITH godly ki from the daikaioshin is much more exciting for Goku.
then wouldn't Buuhan be technically stronger than Kid Buu considering he also had godki cause of daikaioshin ?

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:05 pm In fact, Kaioshins have never demonstrated to possess the same type of God Ki that the others (GoDs or God transformations) since Goku always could feel the Ki of them. Of course, at the time of the Boo Saga Toriyama did not think about it, but even in DBS this was not changed
Where did it state that Goku could sense Kaioshin? If I remember right he was somebody they couldn't get a read on. I can't remember a time it's ever outright confirmed that Goku could sense Kaioshin,