Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:38 pm

The opening beat of "Blizzard" reminds me of the opening beat of Ducktales' intro song.
I don't know if it's the same instrument, but that sound is so iconic to me. As it is, that's where the similarities end.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 pm

When Super returns, it's first arc could start with an unknown force choking Beerus to death. That would be so much interest and tension to the series, something that is absent ever since RoF.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Looking for a specific DBZ poster. I realize these exist by the thousands, but I believe it's an official product.

It features the Buu arc cast; Goten is sitting in the middle with his orange gi, with Trunks standing to his right holding the belt to his green gi. Gohan is shown at waist level on the right side of the poster, arms crossed in his purple gi. Goku stands in the top left corner, halo visible. Pretty sure Vegeta, Piccolo, and maybe Kuririn feature on the poster as well.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 pm When Super returns, it's first arc could start with an unknown force choking Beerus to death. That would be so much interest and tension to the series, something that is absent ever since RoF.
Beerus or Whis? Whis is the one who can time travel.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:21 pm

When I was young, I remember watching Fusion Reborn, and being a bit bummed out that Gogeta didn't toss his Soul Punisher the way he does in Budokai 3. I thought that the toss in the game was a lot cooler.

(might need to turn volume down a bit.)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le_5LVUmfBM

On hindsight it's such weird thing to be picky about, although now I do like the toss in the movie better. :lol:

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:27 pm

You know what would've been awesome about Bulma? If she was a Z-Fighter, but not in the traditional way. Instead of using her brawns (or lack thereof), she uses her brains to create mechanical suit for her to wear that can harness Ki and allow her to keep up with the group. Basically making her the Iron Man (or in this case Iron Woman) of the Dragon Ball world. Tell me that wouldn't have been dope?!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:37 am

so i checked out gt on hulu a few nights ago and i think it's dragon box footage ? the opening had the original logo and credits, so that's what i'm basing that assumption off of cause afaik, i don't think any version of gt released here have had those.

i know that the version of db they have on there is the saga sets, and the version of z they had on there was orange bricks footage, so this was a pretty big surprise haha.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:50 pm

I just got a much better streaming device and I'm thinking of finally watching Super using the FunimationNow app. Is the dub complete yet?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:39 pm

ABED wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:50 pm I just got a much better streaming device and I'm thinking of finally watching Super using the FunimationNow app. Is the dub complete yet?

Going off wikipedia the dub has a good 16 or so episodes left and probably won’t finish until October/November Assuming it takes no more long breaks.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:13 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:39 pm
ABED wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:50 pm I just got a much better streaming device and I'm thinking of finally watching Super using the FunimationNow app. Is the dub complete yet?

Going off wikipedia the dub has a good 16 or so episodes left and probably won’t finish until October/November Assuming it takes no more long breaks.
Thanks. It seems like the dub is being added to FunimationNow on or after the home video release date. That makes a sort of sense.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:50 am

In the “Each walks his own path” episode (the one where Kuririn and company go to the village festival when a volcano erupts) does anyone remember how the Toonami broadcast version handled Krillin getting drunk? Usually the dub sugar coats the uncut version to begin with so I was surprised it left in Krillin getting plastered and making references to alcohol.

Not sure if the Toonami airing had him fatigued from a root beer sugar crash or what.

SSJGAffleck
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGAffleck » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:51 am

I saw an eBay listing for the Rock The Dragon set... signed by Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat...
"Your father was an average fighter, but a bRiLlIaNt sCiEnTIsT!"- Brian Drummond's pitch-perfect voice

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:00 pm

SSJGAffleck wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:51 am I saw an eBay listing for the Rock The Dragon set... signed by Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat...
This comment makes everyone else's comments seem thread worthy :lol:

SSJGAffleck
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGAffleck » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:42 am

bigray wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:00 pm
SSJGAffleck wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:51 am I saw an eBay listing for the Rock The Dragon set... signed by Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat...
This comment makes everyone else's comments seem thread worthy :lol:
Sorry... I just wanted to share it and didn't know where else... :( Sorry I wasted everyone's time...
"Your father was an average fighter, but a bRiLlIaNt sCiEnTIsT!"- Brian Drummond's pitch-perfect voice

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 am

Hilarious as they had nothing to do with that dub.

Like on the Simpsons when comic book guy has a picture of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:04 pm

Think I just realized that Mr. Satan's side kicks from the filler Cell Games are a pun on Shawn Michaels and Vader from wrestling lol.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:26 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:04 pm Think I just realized that Mr. Satan's side kicks from the filler Cell Games are a pun on Shawn Michaels and Vader from wrestling lol.
Yes on Vader, but I don't think so on HBK. Vader was a huge star in Japan at the time. HBK was only just beginning his singles run.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:42 pm

yeah plus i don't think HBK ever wrestled in Japan consistently. think he just went from AWA to WWF and then stayed there.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Good points, I just thought of HBK mostly because Conpari (that might be his dub name) was super flamboyant, he also did these hip gyrations that reminded me of how Shawn used to dance in his entrances, The long blonde hair and pants style added to it as well. I cant make a solid comparison to anyone else though.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:56 pm

So....I noticed on Dragon Ball Legends that Tao Pai Pai doesn't know how to fly.
Shouldn't he be able to? I mean........it was his brother that introduced the whole concept into the series.

On that same note, shouldn't Freeza's soldiers use jetpacks? Some of them have those laser guns because they can't shoot ki blasts, no?