The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by emperior » Sat May 11, 2019 6:44 am

What if Saiyans were exactly the same as Earthlings except for their tails and ability to go Oozaru? Which means no Zenkai boosts, no genetically fast improvement the more they fight, no Super Saiyan transformations, and in turn that Goku wouldn’t have a genetical advantage over the other characters of the old cast.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 am

What if Grandpa Gohan and Mutaito got revived by the dragon balls? Would they train and become powerful z warriors along the lines of Tien and Yamcha? Who would they fight, if they didn´t retire? How would they interact with the other characters (if they get to live from say piccolo saga to shadow dragons saga)?

What if King Vegeta somehow survives the saiyan genocide, along with Bardock, and they wake up after Frieza has been destroyed?

What if Goten had travelled with Trunks and Goku to space, instead of Pan?

And these are kind of what ifs, too (and please no "plothole" answers):

Where was Tien during Garlic jr saga, and where were Tien and Yamcha during Baby and super 17 sagas? What are your theories? (My theory is that Tien was meditating and stuff during the Garlic jr saga, like he did in the Buu saga, and would have intervened if Gohan and Piccolo got defeated; he and Yamcha were possessed by Baby and gave him a bit of energy for the Revenge Death Ball; and they fought and defeated a few villains (dodoria, zarbon, raditz, cui) off screen during the Super 17 saga)

What would have changed if Tien had fought against Garlic jr and he, Yamcha and Nº 18 had participated more actively in the Baby saga? And why didn´t Baby use them to fight if he possessed them?

What if Bulla had participated more actively in GT as a whole, like fighting villains that escaped from Hell, or even helping out against the shadow dragons like Pan?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 23, 2019 11:10 am

What if, sometime prior to the events of the Saiyan Saga, Freeza's forces had attacked and captured the space prison where the Galactic Patrol was keeping Moro, and in the chaos of the attack, he escaped?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 am

Well, I’d imagine Moro would absorb the energy of Frieza and his army. Wanders the universe, consuming various worlds. Kaioshin wakes up Beerus. The cat god kills the goat wizard.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat May 25, 2019 12:30 am

What if Cell absorbed 18 first? Would his Semi-Perfect form look different?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 pm

What if Moro join the Tournament of Power? They don't trust bringing back Freeza and they ask Jaco to join, but Jaco suggest the idea of letting Moro to join instead. They let Moro free from prison and have him join Team Universe 7. Would they still win the Tournament and could Moro turn against them?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:22 pm

This is an interesting point that I recently read on Reddit. What if Black fused in his Base form? How would that (positively) affect Fused Zamasu?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:45 am

What-if Goku learned Hokuto Shinken (Fist of the North Star technique)?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm

What if some ordinary guy who died getting hit by a truck got reincarnated as the living embodiment of evil, Freeza?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:31 pm

If he was a psycho, he’d continue down Frieza’s path. However, if he wasn’t. He’d probably become good, exploit Frieza’s BS potential and use it to defend the universe. Possibly would recruit all the saiyans and eliminate all potential threats.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 am

it's not fun if nobody comments, so I answer some :D
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:30 am What if Cell absorbed 18 first? Would his Semi-Perfect form look different?
I doubt very much that there was an order in the process of absorption of cell so basically the same, now if speculating a little bit like perfect cell with a variation of color like second form
Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 pm What if Moro join the Tournament of Power? They don't trust bringing back Freeza and they ask Jaco to join, but Jaco suggest the idea of letting Moro to join instead. They let Moro free from prison and have him join Team Universe 7. Would they still win the Tournament and could Moro turn against them?
Probably Jiren, take it out first because of how dangerous it is, I also imagine that the pride troopers must have faced some villain as Moro than can absorb energy
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:22 pm This is an interesting point that I recently read on Reddit. What if Black fused in his Base form? How would that (positively) affect Fused Zamasu?
it depends, maybe less wear but it would be inconvenient if zamasu can be transformed or no later
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm What if some ordinary guy who died getting hit by a truck got reincarnated as the living embodiment of evil, Freeza?
I suppose he would wander through the universe until he finds a use to his power and new life to choose between evil and good, which will be difficult because of its terrifying aspect
Berserker1921 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:45 am What-if Goku learned Hokuto Shinken (Fist of the North Star technique)?
it will defeat many opponents easily ... except for villains that can regenerate

my turn

What-if universe 6 and universe 7 were a single universe and the saiyans of both worlds would have "united" as events in story would have changed

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:16 pm

I asked the question of "What If GT took place after Super?" but now I'm going to reverse the question.

What If Super took place after GT? And when I say "after GT", I mean after the fight with Yi Xing Long (Omega Shenron), but before the 100 year time skip.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:17 pm

This is a long one, but short answer. Beerus wakes ups and challenges Goku. Kicks his ass! However, can’t summon the earth dragon ball. Goes to namek, learns about the ritual. Performs it, however Goku does better as a god than he did in super. Still loses. Goku and Vegeta seek training, become much stronger than in super. Easily beat Frieza. To be honest, everything goes the same as it did in super. However Goku and Vegeta are a bit to good portion stronger than in super.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:57 pm

I'm currently re-watching Super via the dub since I fell super behind on that version of the show, and an idea occurred to me that seems prime to be talked about here (though it wouldn't surprise me if it had already come up in the past) - how would the rest of Super have played out if the Universe 7 team had actually ended up losing to the Universe 6 team in the Champa arc? This could be because Goku didn't opt out against Hit and actually ended up losing to him outright and Hit likewise doesn't end up feeling the need to 'lose' to Monaka, or however you want it to have played out.

The immediate difference would come in that Champa would wish for Universe 7's Earth to switch places with his Earth, so our heroes would become denizens of Universe 6 instead of Universe 7. This would likely lead to Goku and Vegeta taking the long-awaited trip to Planet Sadala way earlier than they otherwise would have (considering we're still waiting on that), but also would likely mean the end of their training with Beerus and Whis. It likewise also would mean they wouldn't get to train with Champa and Vados either - Champa doesn't have the same connection with them that Beerus does, and while there's a chance that such a bond would develop with Champa coming to get food, his personality seems much less agreeable than Beerus's, so I don't know that he'd offer them the same deal of training. This would leave Goku and Vegeta to go back to whatever training methods they otherwise had access too.

From there, the Goku Black arc could potentially play out roughly the same way, or it could get radically different in some aspects. While their losing the tournament doesn't automatically mean Zamasu wouldn't still see the fight and be inspired to go through with his zero mortals plan, there's the possibility that having seen Goku outright lose, he may go for Hit instead of Goku, resulting in a Hit Black. There's also the issue of Future Trunks coming back to the past at all. If he did, would traveling through time still result in his landing on the same Earth he left from, putting him in Universe 6 to meet Goku and the others? Or would he land on the destroyed new Universe 7 Earth and either be entirely lost or find some way to get to the others a universe away? There's a lot of different ways this one could end up playing out.

Almost even more intriguing though is the Tournament of Power. Our heroes now being denizens of Universe 6 instead of 7 would make them all possibilities to be team members for Champa's team rather than Beerus's, which makes their interactions with Beerus again after all that time a bit more bitter. It also begs the question of just who ends up on the team since there's now all of the Universe 6 and 7 teams to choose from to combine into one ten-man team (because remember, only the Earth got moved - Universe 6 still has Planet Sadala and it's own Namek, and whatever planets the others on that team are from). With Goku and Vegeta possibly being a bit weaker due to no longer being able to train on a God of Destruction's planet, how would that effect their chances against Jiren and the rest?

And beyond that, if they still manage to win the tournament or just come out okay at the end of the day, is there any way the events of Broly could still happen, since he and Paragus would still be on Vampa back in Universe 7? For that matter, would Freeza even be alive again, and if not, how do Paragus and Broly get off Vampa in the first place? And from there, how would what we have of the Moro arc play out?

I'm extremely interested to hear other's thoughts on this scenario. I can kind of plot out in my head how the start of the Future Trunks arc starts out, but beyond that I'm lost on predicting things very well.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:53 pm

What If one of the Universe 6 Saiyans had their own version of Oozaru that looks like a humanoid-ape hybrid? No, not like Broly's Ikari form or Super Saiyan 4 and all that jazz. I'm talking about where their clothes would stretch with the 10 foot form and they would still have their hairstyle, but their arms and legs would have the fur of an Oozaru, Oozaru's ape-like snout, the glowing red eyes, and of course the tail. And what if that one Saiyan was Kale?

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:58 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:53 pm What If one of the Universe 6 Saiyans had their own version of Oozaru that looks like a humanoid-ape hybrid? No, not like Broly's Ikari form or Super Saiyan 4 and all that jazz. I'm talking about where their clothes would stretch with the 10 foot form and they would still have their hairstyle, but their arms and legs would have the fur of an Oozaru, Oozaru's ape-like snout, the glowing red eyes, and of course the tail. And what if that one Saiyan was Kale?
She would go ape shit.

In all seriousness though, i don´t get the question. i mean, you haven´t even specified the power of this new transformation. So I´m not sure what would change. Maybe her mother would be all like "get away from my house!". Maybe she likes eating bananas all of a sudden, or she turns more violent than her fembroly form, and kills Caulifla in a fit of rage because she told her that she looked like a freak. Then again, when did she achieve this form? There´s too many unknowns.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:57 am

anubisj wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:58 am
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:53 pm What If one of the Universe 6 Saiyans had their own version of Oozaru that looks like a humanoid-ape hybrid? No, not like Broly's Ikari form or Super Saiyan 4 and all that jazz. I'm talking about where their clothes would stretch with the 10 foot form and they would still have their hairstyle, but their arms and legs would have the fur of an Oozaru, Oozaru's ape-like snout, the glowing red eyes, and of course the tail. And what if that one Saiyan was Kale?
She would go ape shit.

In all seriousness though, i don´t get the question. i mean, you haven´t even specified the power of this new transformation. So I´m not sure what would change. Maybe her mother would be all like "get away from my house!". Maybe she likes eating bananas all of a sudden, or she turns more violent than her fembroly form, and kills Caulifla in a fit of rage because she told her that she looked like a freak. Then again, when did she achieve this form? There´s too many unknowns.
For the power, I would say it's equal to or stronger than Super Saiyan 3. I think she would be just as rampaging in this form as she was in her Broly form. In fact let's have this form be a replacement for her Broly form, let's even call it Super Saiyan Berserk. As for when she achieves it? Same when she achieves the Broly form.

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:25 pm

What If: Broly defended Gogeta Blue? Would be have granted him mercy?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Kefla wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:25 pm What If: Broly defended Gogeta Blue? Would be have granted him mercy?
He was in full-on Berserker mode, so no. He might have destroyed the Earth and then Whis would have to reverse time.

What if Vegeta had contributed his ki to the Genki Dama against Jiren? How much of a difference would it have made?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:17 pm This is a long one, but short answer. Beerus wakes ups and challenges Goku. Kicks his ass! However, can’t summon the earth dragon ball. Goes to namek, learns about the ritual. Performs it, however Goku does better as a god than he did in super. Still loses. Goku and Vegeta seek training, become much stronger than in super. Easily beat Frieza. To be honest, everything goes the same as it did in super. However Goku and Vegeta are a bit to good portion stronger than in super.
Don't forget that we would have gotten Super Saiyan 4 God Super Saiyan (SSJ4 + God Ki combined)

Ok here is a what if Chichi never stop her training and trained along with Goku, Gohan much earlier ? How that change of her personnality would have affected Gohan and how this change could affect history ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu