Uub's role after EOZ

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Uub's role after EOZ

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm

After reading Dragon Ball Super chapter 49, many fans are speculating Uub will not only have hidden potential from being the reincarnation of Buu; but also will have the possibility of tapping into god ki. Seems that Kid Buu absorbed most of Dai Kaioshin's god ki when the Buus split into two separate beings. It's possible the latent god ki that was within Kid Buu could have been transferred over to Uub. If that is the case, what will Uub's role be after EOZ?

Are Toriyama and Toyotaro setting Uub up as the one to take on the main role of the series? If he can use god ki , would he be on the same level as Goku and Vegeta?

I could see it where Goku and Vegeta sit out a saga or two where they train with the Grand Priest to learn how to master ultra instinct and learn more powerful techniques. This would allow for Uub and the Z fighters to take center stage for future conflicts while those two are absent. If Uub has god ki and has further increased his overall power to a level of let's say Goku Super Saiyan Blue; then we could see him have the capability of having a realistic chance to fend off any future threats. Dragon Ball GT dropped the ball with Uub. Hopefully in Super (EOZ and going forward) we truly see why Uub is so special and for him to take a main role.

Any thoughts?

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Uub's role after EOZ

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm

I definitely got the impression that they were hinting at the inclusion of Uub in the moro arc, but that in itself would retcon the end of Z. I personally wouldn't mind all that much as long as it is done well. I never much cared for the end of Z as it was, and GT really failed to follow up, so a potential reboot of the EoZ and beyond would be ok in my book.

Personally I wouldn't mind Trunks and Goten, actually drawn their actual age, or older, getting reintegrated. As we learned in Super, Trunks has some unique abilities and he is a fan favorite character so using present Trunks, more in the vein of Mirai Trunks, would be cool.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:39 pm

I think we're getting a little too excited with this story, it's just a pretext to weaken the Dai Kaioshin against Moro and nothing else.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Who knows? I still have a hunch that Toriyama isn't interested in telling stories set after the 28th BT but I could be wrong. Anyways this arc and latest chapter should end all questions about why goku would bother training Oob after fighting the likes of Beerus, Jiren, Broly, etc. He's probably gonna be the most prodigious db character ever and considering how potential was exploited in super, a short time with goku would push him to GoD + levels and into frontlines relevance if they go there

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:52 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:40 pm Who knows? I still have a hunch that Toriyama isn't interested in telling stories set after the 28th BT but I could be wrong. Anyways this arc and latest chapter should end all questions about why goku would bother training Oob after fighting the likes of Beerus, Jiren, Broly, etc.
I think that might be it and it's only to explain why Goku would still be excited to train Uub after meeting all these opponents stronger than Kid Buu. If Toriyama ever changed his mind about wanting EoZ to remain the epilogue, it kinda raises the question of why he would still have so many sagas crammed within this timeskip.

He had Zamasu use the Super Dragonballs from a different timeline which I assume is so there would only be a single one year timeskip to let them reactivate. I'm not sure of the exact source but I read the Universal Survival saga, DBS: Broly, and Moro all take place within December of Age 780. There's no reason to barely have any passage of time between sagas unless he intentionally doesn't want to go beyond EoZ.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pmAre Toriyama and Toyotaro setting Uub up as the one to take on the main role of the series ?
I think it's possible Uub will play an important role if we go past EOZ, but the main role is and forever will be Goku and Vegeta's.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:16 pm
Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pmAre Toriyama and Toyotaro setting Uub up as the one to take on the main role of the series ?
I think it's possible Uub will play an important role if we go past EOZ, but the main role is and forever will be Goku and Vegeta's.
This “forever” stuff is worrying. I don’t really disagree with you, but I miss the days when the characters were constantly evolving and new ones introduced and added to the main cast. Having only Goku and Vegeta doing stuff (now that Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Piccolo are useless or retired or not used) is quite boring.
If Uub became a main character with the importance of Goku and Vegeta I would like it a lot. He could basically fill in the role of a Gohan 2.0 now that Gohan is grown up and uninterested in martial arts.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:17 pm

emperior wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pmIf Uub became a main character with the importance of Goku and Vegeta I would like it a lot. He could basically fill in the role of a Gohan 2.0 now that Gohan is grown up and uninterested in martial arts.
At most, and even this may be asking for too much, he will get an arc similar to Future Trunks' where he's on par with Goku and Vegeta in terms of importance and power. After that though, it'll be back to Goku and Vegeta.

If anything, Broly has a bigger chance of being put next to Goku and Vegeta as a true main character. The problem with DB is that its marketability and profits come from characters changing their hair color, and unfortunately for the non-Saiyan characters, including Uub, they can't do that.

Look at the tournament of power, despite so many universes and characters being introduced, the main things fans talk about even to this day is Goku's UI and Vegeta's Ssjb Evolution. The non-Saiyan characters just can't offer anything on that level. If those 2 transformations aren't the top 2 talked about things from that arc, they're nowhere below the top 5.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm Are Toriyama and Toyotaro setting Uub up as the one to take on the main role of the series? If he can use god ki , would he be on the same level as Goku and Vegeta?
Maybe before but now I'll be honest I'd rather that not ... Right now I'm more interested in the universe 6 and the multiverse that Uub really ...
maybe it could be a rivalry between uub and cabba but not like anything more

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 pm
Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm Are Toriyama and Toyotaro setting Uub up as the one to take on the main role of the series? If he can use god ki , would he be on the same level as Goku and Vegeta?
Maybe before but now I'll be honest I'd rather that not ... Right now I'm more interested in the universe 6 and the multiverse that Uub really ...
maybe it could be a rivalry between uub and cabba but not like anything more
They could still include Broly and other characters from the multiverse and still have Uub be the new main character.

If Uub has god ki/power potential and has the ability to use unique and rare techniques (Ultra Instinct, hakai, etc) then he could be a very entertaining character to watch. But of course it has to be done right.

Goku will always be the part of Dragon Ball. Don't forget Goku wasn't always around in DBZ.
1. He died early in the series while fighting Raditz and was in the afterlife for a year. Showed up late to the fight against Nappa and Vegeta.
2. Healing from the Vegeta battle, he once again showed up way later to help Krillin, Gohan and Bulma find the Namekian Dragon Balls.
3. Yet again after fighting Captain Ginyu and the whole body swap thingy, was placed in a healing chamber and missed fighing Frieza in his 1st, 2nd & 3rd forms.
4. After defeating Frieza on Namek, he was away from the Z Fighters for 3 years. Missed the King Cold and Mecha Frieza's attempt to destroy Earth when Future Trunks arrived.
5. After losing to Android 19, Goku missed out on fighting Androids 16, 17, 18, Imperfect Cell, most of the Semi-Perfect Cell bout, and when Perfect Cell first came to being.
6. Died after the Cell Games. Was in the afterlife for 7 years.
7. Returned to the afterlife after fighting Fat Buu as a Super Saiyan 3. Missed out fighting Super Buu in his normal state. Only came until after Mystic Gohan was being pummeled by Buu (absorbed Gotenks/Piccolo).

In Dragon Ball Super Goku was present for almost every fight.
If Goku and Vegeta were taken out of the story using the example I gave earlier to train with the Grand Priest it would be similar to how they used Goku in DBZ. Make it that Goku's goal is to fully master Ultra Instinct which hopefully would be the final form, which would also have a huge ceiling of power that he could further expand upon without having to have any further physical changes aside from his hair and eyes being silver and the UI aurora. Vegeta could also learn UI and try to master it or perhaps learn another technique that is just as unique as Ultra Instinct. Maybe something like Perfect Attack or Complete Divinity. Then both our main characters have their own powerful forms. But in order for them to attain it, it will take several years. And whatever conflicts come to the multi-verse they won't interfere with.
This would allow Uub and gang (Hit, Jiren, Kale, etc) to do their thing. After Goku and Vegeta complete their training they can come back.

Other franchises have had a main protagonist and then after a time, introduce a new one. :think:

I'm sure there are plenty examples in the Marvel and DC universes.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 pm

omegacwa wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm I definitely got the impression that they were hinting at the inclusion of Uub in the moro arc, but that in itself would retcon the end of Z. I personally wouldn't mind all that much as long as it is done well. I never much cared for the end of Z as it was, and GT really failed to follow up, so a potential reboot of the EoZ and beyond would be ok in my book.
I really wish they would just rip the band-aid off already and retcon EoZ.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:00 am

I like this revelation, I like that Uub has now something interesting to offer to Goku, now we get his crazy interest. I would've preferred this arc to happen a year after Goku took off with Uub, and a young, unexperienced Uub is called to the battlefield and he has to unlock that hidden power or everybody is going to die.

I would also enjoy Goku and Vegeta sitting one out to pursue the mastery of self movement and stuff like that(Vegeta training to become a hakaishin maybe) so Uub, Marron, Goten and Trunks can have some fun, with their youth sidekicks, Pan and Bra. The girls could fuse at some point becoming Ban or Pra depending on the method. We could throw into the mix 17's biological son, I believe not all 3 are adopted.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:26 am

Uub would definitely bring some freshness to the series. I have honestly grown very bored of new flashy transformations for Goku and Vegeta, and I like the idea posted above of the two actually training to improve upon their ultimate states instead of gaining new hair colours or whatnot.
With Uub being an Earthling the focus could go back towards a more martial arts and techniques focused approach to power-ups - he would have to improve by actually training, learning new stuff and then of course he would eventually be able to tap into his full hidden potential and then achieve Ultra Instinct. Whether it would be a physical change or not for him I wouldn’t care as long as it’s the only power-up that actually changes his appearance.
Goku training Uub is something I really want to see. Would Uub go through similar trainings as Goku?
I think it would be cool if Uub was able to tap into some of his hidden powers by drinking the Super God Water, for example.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 am

People need to let go of these scenarios as long as AT doesn’t feel the need to go beyond EOZ neither of the next generation will be relevant

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:10 am

This opinion might seem objectionable to some but I like Multiverse's portrayal of Uub. In Salagir's comic, Uub is portrayed as a nervous but eager young martial arts disciple who's looking to prove to his mentor and others that he's a capable fighter who can hold his own weight in the ring, even against the Buuish entity that he came from. Not only does he have the charisma for the role but he also inherits some of the tools that Goku used to make himself into a fighter like the Kamehameha and Kaioken -- emphasis on the latter technique.

If Toyotaro were to actually try and bring Uub onto the team then I would like for something akin to the above to be considered. The Uub from GT was disappointing to say the least -- then again that could be said about a lot of things when it pertains to GT.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:15 pm

sintzu wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:17 pm
emperior wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pmIf Uub became a main character with the importance of Goku and Vegeta I would like it a lot. He could basically fill in the role of a Gohan 2.0 now that Gohan is grown up and uninterested in martial arts.
At most, and even this may be asking for too much, he will get an arc similar to Future Trunks' where he's on par with Goku and Vegeta in terms of importance and power. After that though, it'll be back to Goku and Vegeta.

If anything, Broly has a bigger chance of being put next to Goku and Vegeta as a true main character. The problem with DB is that its marketability and profits come from characters changing their hair color, and unfortunately for the non-Saiyan characters, including Uub, they can't do that.

Look at the tournament of power, despite so many universes and characters being introduced, the main things fans talk about even to this day is Goku's UI and Vegeta's Ssjb Evolution. The non-Saiyan characters just can't offer anything on that level. If those 2 transformations aren't the top 2 talked about things from that arc, they're nowhere below the top 5.
They could start going into fan-idea stuff if they really want to make Uub marketable. Stuff like him having a form where he becomes a Buu type of character. He’s pink, can stretch and other shit like that. We also have the god ki thing. So there could be a transformation with him tapping into the daikaioshin’s divine power. They can make him marketable if they wanted to. The best thing about Uub is that he’s kind of a unique case for DB. He’s an earthling but he’s reincarnated from Kid Buu and now seemingly has divine power. So they have much more freedom for what can be done with him since there has never been a character like him before.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 pm

I’d love for an arc that takes place during the time Goku goes off with Uub to train. That can also be a good test to see how the fans like that dynamic.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Murjin » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 pm I’d love for an arc that takes place during the time Goku goes off with Uub to train. That can also be a good test to see how the fans like that dynamic.
That would be great! We have been waiting for this for a long time.

I remember when I first saw GT, man I was so pumped, but a few moments into the first episode I sense something was off. Didn't feel the same as Z and they didn't bother expanding on Uub which was super annoying.

Crossing my fingers for when Toyotaro and Toriyama finally take on EOZ territory. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:12 pm

From the beginning it was a mistake that super began before the epilogo ... it must have been in a time similar to that of GT for the cast to change ...
PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 pm
omegacwa wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm I definitely got the impression that they were hinting at the inclusion of Uub in the moro arc, but that in itself would retcon the end of Z. I personally wouldn't mind all that much as long as it is done well. I never much cared for the end of Z as it was, and GT really failed to follow up, so a potential reboot of the EoZ and beyond would be ok in my book.
I really wish they would just rip the band-aid off already and retcon EoZ.
that would be great

:thumbup:
Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 pm They could still include Broly and other characters from the multiverse and still have Uub be the new main character.
I do not see how, uub will probably stay to live a quiet life on earth and only if a bad guy appears is where he will go into action unlike goku who is looking for new opponents and rivals in the multiverse
Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 pm If Uub has god ki/power potential and has the ability to use unique and rare techniques (Ultra Instinct, hakai, etc) then he could be a very entertaining character to watch. But of course it has to be done right..
we are speculating .... and sincerely I currently prefer that goku, broly and vegeta train caulifla, kale and cabba that are saiyans therefore we already know that they have potential and maybe could have "god ki" besides being more popular than uub
the times have changed and other characters and concepts are introduced that are more of my interest etc
Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 pm Goku will always be the part of Dragon Ball. Don't forget Goku wasn't always around in DBZ.
1. He died early in the series while fighting Raditz and was in the afterlife for a year. Showed up late to the fight against Nappa and Vegeta.
2. Healing from the Vegeta battle, he once again showed up way later to help Krillin, Gohan and Bulma find the Namekian Dragon Balls.
3. Yet again after fighting Captain Ginyu and the whole body swap thingy, was placed in a healing chamber and missed fighing Frieza in his 1st, 2nd & 3rd forms.
4. After defeating Frieza on Namek, he was away from the Z Fighters for 3 years. Missed the King Cold and Mecha Frieza's attempt to destroy Earth when Future Trunks arrived.
5. After losing to Android 19, Goku missed out on fighting Androids 16, 17, 18, Imperfect Cell, most of the Semi-Perfect Cell bout, and when Perfect Cell first came to being.
6. Died after the Cell Games. Was in the afterlife for 7 years.
7. Returned to the afterlife after fighting Fat Buu as a Super Saiyan 3. Missed out fighting Super Buu in his normal state. Only came until after Mystic Gohan was being pummeled by Buu (absorbed Gotenks/Piccolo).

In Dragon Ball Super Goku was present for almost every fight.
If Goku and Vegeta were taken out of the story using the example I gave earlier to train with the Grand Priest it would be similar to how they used Goku in DBZ. Make it that Goku's goal is to fully master Ultra Instinct which hopefully would be the final form, which would also have a huge ceiling of power that he could further expand upon without having to have any further physical changes aside from his hair and eyes being silver and the UI aurora. Vegeta could also learn UI and try to master it or perhaps learn another technique that is just as unique as Ultra Instinct. Maybe something like Perfect Attack or Complete Divinity. Then both our main characters have their own powerful forms. But in order for them to attain it, it will take several years. And whatever conflicts come to the multi-verse they won't interfere with.
This would allow Uub and gang (Hit, Jiren, Kale, etc) to do their thing. After Goku and Vegeta complete their training they can come back.

Other franchises have had a main protagonist and then after a time, introduce a new one. :think:
if something good I got from the manga version of the TOP is that toyotaro showed me why gohan can not be protagonist does not have even half the charisma that his father has when it comes to fighting if I compare goku vs kefla and gohan vs kefla so I would prefer that do not.
Super Murjin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 pm I'm sure there are plenty examples in the Marvel and DC universes.
in fact I think they should do more the parallel stories like yamcha reborn that is more or less what marvel or DC does.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Team a teenage Oob with a teenage Bra and Pan and an adult Trunks and Goten to spearhead an ensemble cast of martial artists, while having Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and occasionally Gohan in the background to serve as mentors and important supporting character for certain conflicts.

Seriously... it's THAT fucking easy.