Best and Worst designs of characters

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Best and Worst designs of characters

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:55 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 pm You make a good point, actually. Suddenly I like SSJBE a bit more now. And also, now I wish SSJ2 was exclusive to Gohan.

I hope SSJBE gets more development though.
I just hope that if or when the show comes back this transformation isn't just forgotten. I know the manga is kinda doing it's own thing but Vegeta only sort of has evolution in the manga and it barely looks different from just plain old Blue. Plus in the Broly movie Goku doesn't use Kaioken and Vegeta doesn't use evolution.

I'm glad he used it in Heroes (albeit non canon fan service the show). It was nice to see the power up decimate another opponent. Makes it feel more valuable.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:59 am

I for one enjoy the fact that Dragon Ball has a good mix of both drastic and subtle transformations, often times using the latter for more emotional moments.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:06 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:33 pm
SSJ2 did not start as "transformation" it was simply the potential of gohan liberated when it ceased to contain itself and abandon its desires not to "fight" was gohan's personal advance as a warrior but later it became a transformation more.

SSJBE is the "natural" evolution of the power of "vegeta" he follow its own path to become stronger without having to abandon its conviction unlike toppo god, this transformation unlike the ssj2 is unique for vegeta and also is more a mental transformation and physical
You make a good point, actually. Suddenly I like SSJBE a bit more now. And also, now I wish SSJ2 was exclusive to Gohan.

I hope SSJBE gets more development though.
I hope so.
also "SSJBE" has a "connection" with Majin vegeta

Majin vegeta: vegeta abandoned his family and his pride for sell his soul to babidi in exchange for power.

SSBE: Vegeta gained power thanks to his natural evolution due to training with whis and not leave his pride, promises and his love for his family

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 am

sintzu wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:32 am 3rd form Freeza (even Toriyama thinks he should've just given him 2 transformations)
Do you have a link or a quote of where Toriyama actually says this? I'm curious.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:49 am

superfan2024 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 am
sintzu wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:32 am 3rd form Freeza (even Toriyama thinks he should've just given him 2 transformations)
Do you have a link or a quote of where Toriyama actually says this? I'm curious.
It's in one of the guidebooks. I think you can find it here, maybe in the old guidebooks.

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm

A lot of people say they don't like Jiren's design, but I like it a lot (strictly speaking about looks alone).

The whole grey alien look, mixed with a superhero look, just works for some reason. Could be due to the fact that grey aliens are usually depicted as scrawny and small, and Jiren is jacked as hell. People say it's very basic, and yeah. It is. It's so basic that I'm surprised no one has done this design before!

I do wish he had more unique powers apart from basic energy and and being really strong. When he first demonstrated his extreme dodging and ability to counter Time-Skip, I thought he would have been portrayed as having extremely good eye sight and maybe even precognition. Extreme eye sight would have made sense given the large eyes greys typically have, and Jaco, who is a grey-like species, has superb vision. Precognition would have also been cool.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Best:
-All SSJ1
-All SSJ4
-Frieza's 1st and 4th form
-All Buu forms except for Evil Buu
-Baby / Baby Vegeta
-Shadow Dragons (except Rage)
-Pan (GT)
-Late DB ChiChi
-Future Bulma (Z)
-King Piccolo / Piccolo
-Kid Goku
-Videl
-Kamin
-Towa
-West Kaioshin

Good, but below best:
-SSJG
-SSJ2/3
-Kefla
-Super 17
-Android 18
-Mr Satan
-DBZ Future Trunks
-Raditz
-Hearts
-Mamba
-Zangya
-Gohan (Buu saga)
-Moro

Worst:
-All SSJB
-SSJB evolution
-Ultra Instinct
-Cell
-Jiren
-Anilaza and pretty much 95% of ToP random fighters
-Fused Zamasu
-Goku Black
-Golden Frieza
-Sigma Force
-DBS Broly
-Chiaotzu
-Saibamen
-Kale (except base)
-Cumber
-Gotenks
-Gohan (Namek)
-PuiPui
-Copy Vegeta
-Bio-Broly
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta