"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:12 am

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:29 am
Wilderness wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:14 amThere were lots of posts debating it... :lol:
Unnecessary, if you ask me. It was based on the artstyle of a card, even though I had already said they can be misleading. Also, there is the manga, which showed Pan taken from the Shadow Dragons saga. And though it deviates from the arcade, the manga going for kid Pan and the arcade going for an older Pan would be too much.

Older Pan is just a wish some of us share. As for me, I just don't want a kid messing with serious business. Heck, in the UM9 trailer that happens, Xeno Gogeta appeared to save her. I can already see Pan causing trouble and making things more difficult, which is why an older Pan being Time Patroller would be a lot better. Hopefully Kaioshin of Time sends Pan back home once she returns. :P

I am not disagreeing with you, it was plain obvious she wasn't older, just others debated it for sure.

I really don't care for Pan to be older, neither. I feel like that job should be left to the main series rather than Heroes. Give her whatever transformations you want, but I don't think Heroes is the place to do it. Pan is a little annoying to me, anyway. :mrgreen:
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 am

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:48 am
Kanassa wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 amWhat about the Xeno Avatars?
Xeno Avatars?
Beat, Note, Froze, ect. All who are kids.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:42 am

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:47 am

Golden Metal Cooler really has a cool design. Much better than the regular one.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:27 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:06 am So SSJ Cumber loses to Golden Metal Cooler, who had previously fought SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno and SSB Vegito+Kaioken more than evenly. Makes no sense, but then it's SDBH anime. I'll wait for the manga version. Cumber shouldn't have even needed to go SSJ against regular Metal Cooler. All this because they want to hype up a new character.
Uhm... it's Super Saiyan 3 Cumber, not regular Super Saiyan. So it's even worse. :lol:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:56 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:06 am So SSJ Cumber loses to Golden Metal Cooler, who had previously fought SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno and SSB Vegito+Kaioken more than evenly. Makes no sense, but then it's SDBH anime. I'll wait for the manga version. Cumber shouldn't have even needed to go SSJ against regular Metal Cooler. All this because they want to hype up a new character.
Kanba was in his Super Saiyan 3 form when he was fighting against this new incarnation of Meta-Cooler, while Super Saiyan Blue: Kaioken Vegito fought against the base form of Kanba, and Super Saiyan 4 Vegito: Xeno fought briefly against the Super Saiyan 3 form of Kanba. I think those behind Dragon Ball Super’s lack of logic might be the reason why this is so, Akira Toriyama retiring after the end of Dragon Ball Z really did a number on it’s successors too. As for the upcoming SDBH: UVM Manga, don’t get your hopes up on it too much, for it will be given a similar treatment from the infamous Higher-Ups at Toei Animation. Kanba is the very definition of being overrated as he is nothing more than a cheap knock-off of Rigor. Who is in my opinion, a far more developed character with an actual backstory to boot, than when in comparison to Kanba, who had his ass handed to him by Super Saiyan God Yamoshi before the Evil Saiyan had been captured and imprisoned by Fu. With history repeating itself for him when True Ultra Instinct Son Goku had sent him into a comatose-like state and Lagss had to imprison him in her Glass in order for him to recover from his asswhooping at the hands of a user of True Ultra Instinct.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 amBeat, Note, Froze, ect. All who are kids.
They aren't members of Time Patrol, though. Actually they aren't part of any story, nor exist a "Xeno version" of them. The only avatar that is part a story is Chamel, the demon one. And he doesn't strike me as kid, to be honest.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:56 pm Kanba was in his Super Saiyan 3 form when he was fighting against this new incarnation of Meta-Cooler, while Super Saiyan Blue: Kaioken Vegito fought against the base form of Kanba, and Super Saiyan 4 Vegito: Xeno fought briefly against the Super Saiyan 3 form of Kanba. I think those behind Dragon Ball Super’s lack of logic might be the reason why this is so, Akira Toriyama retiring after the end of Dragon Ball Z really did a number on it’s successors too. As for the upcoming SDBH: UVM Manga, don’t get your hopes up on it too much, for it will be given a similar treatment from the infamous Higher-Ups at Toei Animation. Kanba is the very definition of being overrated as he is nothing more than a cheap knock-off of Rigor. Who is in my opinion, a far more developed character with an actual backstory to boot, than when in comparison to Kanba, who had his ass handed to him by Super Saiyan God Yamoshi before the Evil Saiyan had been captured and imprisoned by Fu. With history repeating itself for him when True Ultra Instinct Son Goku had sent him into a comatose-like state and Lagss had to imprison him in her Glass in order for him to recover from his asswhooping at the hands of a user of True Ultra Instinct.
Er.

We have zero idea about Cumber's backstory. True, he recognized SSG but using that to affirm he fought and was defeated by Yamoshi is nothing but rampant speculation. And if he's a ripoff of anyone, that would be OG Broly, going so far to have a pseudo-Legendary transformation as Full Power Cumber.

As for the power scaling, that is just the nature of the series. The new gimmick transformation has to beat the previously unbeatable enemy and so on. That said, I still disagree about Cooler being stronger than V4 but whatever.

Also, as an example as to why you never should use the Wikia as source of information, their page for Pan Xeno included Super Saiyan as one of her skills

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Xeno ... id=1828346

They've fixed it by now but still.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:13 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:56 pm Kanba was in his Super Saiyan 3 form when he was fighting against this new incarnation of Meta-Cooler, while Super Saiyan Blue: Kaioken Vegito fought against the base form of Kanba, and Super Saiyan 4 Vegito: Xeno fought briefly against the Super Saiyan 3 form of Kanba. I think those behind Dragon Ball Super’s lack of logic might be the reason why this is so, Akira Toriyama retiring after the end of Dragon Ball Z really did a number on it’s successors too. As for the upcoming SDBH: UVM Manga, don’t get your hopes up on it too much, for it will be given a similar treatment from the infamous Higher-Ups at Toei Animation. Kanba is the very definition of being overrated as he is nothing more than a cheap knock-off of Rigor. Who is in my opinion, a far more developed character with an actual backstory to boot, than when in comparison to Kanba, who had his ass handed to him by Super Saiyan God Yamoshi before the Evil Saiyan had been captured and imprisoned by Fu. With history repeating itself for him when True Ultra Instinct Son Goku had sent him into a comatose-like state and Lagss had to imprison him in her Glass in order for him to recover from his asswhooping at the hands of a user of True Ultra Instinct.
It's difficult to distinguish these days whether Cumber is in SSJ or SSJ3. I know that in the manga, this is not a problem. The manga has far more logical power scaling which is why I prefer it and also a sensible story. The SDBH anime skips many things that are part of the arcade game dialogue or in the manga. There were several events that happened for example in Universe 3 before Cumber and Metal Cooler's fight even started. Also, we only know that Cumber fought a red-haired Saiyan that's likely to be Yamoshi, but it's not known whether or not he was "defeated" by that Saiyan.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:15 pm

Wilderness wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:12 amI really don't care for Pan to be older, neither. I feel like that job should be left to the main series rather than Heroes.
If we are going to wait for the series to age characters, then we might as well hibernate waiting for that to happen. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if video games start aging characters too, considering they are the only ones that dare to change the outfit, so we shouldn't be that far.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:47 pmAlso, as an example as to why you never should use the Wikia as source of information, their page for Pan Xeno included Super Saiyan as one of her skills

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Xeno ... id=1828346

They've fixed it by now but still.
I see Xeno Turles as Pan's uncle... I would be surprised a decade ago, but now... Now it's just what you should expect from Wiki.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:40 pm

He was in his SS3 transformation not SS

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:40 pm

I really love Piccolo as a character, but honestly, watching him fight evenly with Kamin annoyed me very much. Couldn't they, like, bring Gohan in? At leas he's SsjG tier now.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:40 pm I really love Piccolo as a character, but honestly, watching him fight evenly with Kamin annoyed me very much. Couldn't they, like, bring Gohan in? At leas he's SsjG tier now.
Knowing just how much of a dissapointment Son Gohan is, he might have stopped training once the Tournament of Power was done with.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:40 pm I really love Piccolo as a character, but honestly, watching him fight evenly with Kamin annoyed me very much. Couldn't they, like, bring Gohan in? At leas he's SsjG tier now.
Knowing just how much of a dissapointment Son Gohan is, he might have stopped training once the Tournament of Power was done with.
Nah, I think it's because they didn't wanna give Nozawa too many voices to do. That's probably the reason Dyspo didn't appear (the actor was busy voicing Broly).

Jol

Post by Jol » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:47 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9q_Dn7UEAET3J3.jpg:large

Does this say anything interesting regarding the characters? I've always been curious on Mechikaboola and Demigra's relationship.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:28 pm

I always see people talking about the Universe Mission manga but I have never managed to find any chapter beyond the 6th one... Where do you guys read read them? I'm kinda curious about seeing some of the fights like Dyspo vs Oren or SSG Vegeta.

Also I unironically love Super Hearts, he is just getting more and more Dio-like. I wonder if he has any relation to Fu? I really hope he gets a proper backstory unlike a certain boring saiyan who just exists for...what reason really?

Kinda funny how Toei remembers SSGSSE but not SSIkari when I would say both forms are so damn similar in all the bad senses. And lol at Goku being able to match Hearts with just going Blue, like I know the anime is wildly inconsistent but you would think that there would be a minimum effort at continuity? Yeah, Toei made Krillin face Blue Goku and so on but still...

With all of that being said I wonder what this arc will lead to, hopefully something "bigger" in scale. It's hard to take the Core Area prisioners as serious treats when they are just running around freely cause neither the GP or the Hakaishins have bothered to try to stop them. On the other hand, Xeno Pan is a blessing, trough Gogeta getting Kaioken before Goku himself seems kinda weird but whatever. I really dislike most of the upgraded Demon Gods' designs tbh, so I hope we get more interesting enemies like Finn.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:16 am

MisteryOne wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:28 pmGogeta getting Kaioken before Goku himself seems kinda weird
if that's in fact Kaiohken, might simply be that Goku's body cannot sustain SS4+Kaiohken, while Gogeta's can.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:52 am

Jol wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:47 pm https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9q_Dn7UEAET3J3.jpg:large

Does this say anything interesting regarding the characters? I've always been curious on Mechikaboola and Demigra's relationship.
It's a character relationship tree of those around the Kaioshin of Time, both past and future.

On the tree, it says (young) Demigra served (old) Mechikaboola, and Mechikaboola was accompanied by Demigra at the time. Current Demigra and Mechikaboola oppose each other.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:58 am

So we KK-SSJ4 XGogeta now? It's LIT.

I'm glad that they kept XPan's charm at the very least, with the way she was sticking out her tongue and mocking her opponent. Digging her new look too, let's hope that she becomes a regular with the Time Patrol later on.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!