Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:54 pm

KBABZ wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 pm
Brodes wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:09 am Because Vic doesn't need to act 'unproffesionaly', he just has to sit back and let his followers do all the attacking and bullshit without lifting a finger. Even if he doesn't endorse it, he has done absolutely nothing to stop it. Not. A. Single. Word of protest.
On the one hand, Vic has said he'd prefer if his followers acted rationally... on the other hand, from what I know he's only done that one single time on Twitter MONTHS ago.
And considering he was at that recent con palling it up with Rekieta, and I find it extremely unlikely that he's unaware of how his lawyer and that guy have been riling people up to attack people, he is 100% complicit in how they conduct themselves on his behalf.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQubCg ... AmL58/view

Welp the Discovery has begun.

Oi this is nothing but Monica refusing to answer any questions.

This is the problem with having your evidence be a bunch of Anonymous twitter/tumblr posts. You get asked questions like in this document and have nothing to back it up.

If it's about trying to keep certain information confidential I understand but there was that confidentiality agreement she refused.

She going to have to answer these exact questions again in court anyway.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:31 am

Good thing Vic's squad proving them to be 1. False 2. Knowingly false and 3. Done with intent to defame is all more important, and also a good thing the people representing him are absolute fools.

Hey, let's play our little game again: do you actually believe the victims, or not? Because this isn't how someone "staying neutral" talks, and if you're going with the "let the courts decide" bullshit, you have no reason to pretend Rial's side is wrong after the shameful display (and subsequent mockery) of the people trying to sue them.

Please, elate me with your usual lovely brand of victim-blaming whataboutism, I have a mighty thirst.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:48 am

excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 pm This is the problem with having your evidence be a bunch of Anonymous twitter/tumblr posts. You get asked questions like in this document and have nothing to back it up.
She does. It's just not going to come up till court, for obvious reasons.
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 pmIf it's about trying to keep certain information confidential I understand but there was that confidentiality agreement she refused.
Actually, it's about keeping PEOPLE confidential...

https://twitter.com/Rialisms/status/1141376109629648898

As it turns out, not everyone is willing to be bugged and badgered on Twitter the way Monica Rial is...
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 pmShe going to have to answer these exact questions again in court anyway.
YES!! EXACTLY!! So why should she be compelled to spill the beans to random Twitter users? Especially people who response to any serious argument is "I have more concerns around my own life to be worried about that sjw mess"?

The only thing that'll do is give Vic & Beard time to respond and rework their strategy; that's kind of against the point.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:16 am

I don't really know how things are playing out over whether or not Vic is guilty, but holy shit, he hired the most incompetent lawyer he could, that document where the lawyer kept calling "DEFAMATION" on any insult is the funniest shit I've read in the year so far :lol:
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:07 am

Brodes wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:09 am Because Vic doesn't need to act 'unproffesionaly', he just has to sit back and let his followers do all the attacking and bullshit without lifting a finger. Even if he doesn't endorse it, he has done absolutely nothing to stop it. Not. A. Single. Word of protest.
On the one hand, Vic has said he'd prefer if his followers acted rationally... on the other hand, from what I know he's only done that one single time on Twitter MONTHS ago.
I mean, he was doing a similar thing to what James Gunn did a year ago when he got old terrible joke tweets thrown back in HIS face, which lead to his wrongful termination at Disney. Dude didn't tweet a single thing for around A YEAR until he was rehired for Guardians Vol. 3. Vic went radio silent for a bit, knowing what kind of responses he would get if he DID tweet again. It's, honestly, something I can't blame him for. Granted, different situations, but the reasons are similar.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:07 am

Brodes wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:09 am Because Vic doesn't need to act 'unprofessionally', he just has to sit back and let his followers do all the attacking and bullshit without lifting a finger. Even if he doesn't endorse it, he has done absolutely nothing to stop it. Not. A. Single. Word of protest.
I mean, he was doing a similar thing to what James Gunn did a year ago when he got old terrible joke tweets thrown back in HIS face, which lead to his wrongful termination at Disney. Dude didn't tweet a single thing for around A YEAR until he was rehired for Guardians Vol. 3. Vic went radio silent for a bit, knowing what kind of responses he would get if he DID tweet again. It's, honestly, something I can't blame him for. Granted, different situations, but the reasons are similar.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:48 am
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 pm This is the problem with having your evidence be a bunch of Anonymous twitter/tumblr posts. You get asked questions like in this document and have nothing to back it up.
She does. It's just not going to come up till court, for obvious reasons.
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 pmIf it's about trying to keep certain information confidential I understand but there was that confidentiality agreement she refused.
Actually, it's about keeping PEOPLE confidential...

https://twitter.com/Rialisms/status/1141376109629648898

As it turns out, not everyone is willing to be bugged and badgered on Twitter the way Monica Rial is...
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:07 pmShe going to have to answer these exact questions again in court anyway.
YES!! EXACTLY!! So why should she be compelled to spill the beans to random Twitter users? Especially people who response to any serious argument is "I have more concerns around my own life to be worried about that sjw mess"?

The only thing that'll do is give Vic & Beard time to respond and rework their strategy; that's kind of against the point.
And Beard presenting the types of questions he'll be asking in court doesn't provide Monica and Casey the same opportunity to change their strategy?

If she truely wanted to keep people confidential like I said there was that confidentiality agreement. I she had signed that we wouldn't even be discussing this document.

I just kinda figured that this whole mess is just delaying the whole process, and Monica bragging she has this evidence to prove she's been right for months, I figure she would want the whole thing done and over with.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm

excelhedge wrote:And Beard presenting the types of questions he'll be asking in court doesn't provide Monica and Casey the same opportunity to change their strategy?
It does. That's part of why Vic desperately needs a better lawyer.
excelhedge wrote:If she truely wanted to keep people confidential like I said there was that confidentiality agreement. I she had signed that we wouldn't even be discussing this document.
Confidentiality agreements can either be unilateral or mutual. Unilateral ones means only one party is sworn to secrecy (for example, when a major video game publisher gives say, IGN, the inside scoop on their hot new video game, but they don't 'em spilling all the beans yet).
excelhedge wrote:I just kinda figured that this whole mess is just delaying the whole process, and Monica bragging she has this evidence to prove she's been right for months, I figure she would want the whole thing done and over with.
Well, I know that you work three jobs (last I checked), and that you probably haven't personally followed a lot of this drama. For that reason, you've listened to Perfection (whom you've correctly noted as a drama queen), and have probably listened to at least a few other biased Youtubers...

...So as someone who DOES have a lot of free time, HAS followed all this, and USED to be appalled at the way Kanzenshuu treated Vic... Let me set the record straight.

Monica has NEVER "bragged" about having evidence against Vic. Not once. Rather, she's been hounded by people on Twitter again and again... As such, she's often had to tell them "please be patient, everything will make sense after court". Again, no "bragging"... just trying to get people off her back.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm Confidentiality agreements can either be unilateral or mutual. Unilateral ones means only one party is sworn to secrecy (for example, when a major video game publisher gives say, IGN, the inside scoop on their hot new video game, but they don't 'em spilling all the beans yet).
I would like to clarify this by saying that it isn't quite how that works, as it's usually on a person-by-person basis. For example, Dornbush might be told something about Ghost of Tsushima, or Jason Schreier at Kotaku about Assassin's Creed... but it's not exactly like Ubisoft walks up to IGN's office and tells them about their games. Although I can see situations like IGN First being as you described.

Having worked at Weta Digital, NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements) were a fact of life, and generally you're not allowed to say what you've worked on until that work has actually come out. Being co-operative with the industry you're working in is a fantastic way to keep your job, as it turns out!

THAT SAID, no idea how much of this applies to a legal confidentiality agreement.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm Well, I know that you work three jobs (last I checked)
Geez dude... Were you seriously just phishing my twitter to try and find my information?

What were you expecting to find?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:40 pm

excelhedge wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:45 pm Geez dude... Were you seriously just phishing my twitter to try and find my information?

What were you expecting to find?
No "phishing" (whatever that is); I just checked your "Tweets & Replies" and scrolled all the way down to the beginning of February. Then I went from there.

Remember how I mentioned on Twitter that we got a LOOOOOT of trolls coming to our forums to stir up trouble? How we'd spend hours & hours speaking to people who'd only PRETEND to be debating in good faith? When actually, they actually just wanted to get us riled?

For example, this guy called "Mooreish". He started off swearing up and down that he was this totally neutral, totally impartial guy who only wanted to make sure he was getting both sides...

But then he eventually dropped all pretenses and devolved into this:
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:16 pm
Captain Awesome wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:05 pm If you want to post details and updates on social media over the course of the suit go for it. But deliberate intimidation and mob baiting is not acceptable professional conduct.
They need to get the message.
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:19 pm And [Vic's replacement] will never be accepted by the community. He will be the professor snape of voice actors in dragon ball. Fans will be shouting at him “HOW DARE YOU STAND WHERE HE STOOD!!!!!” He will be the dawn summers of the cast. The Wesley crusher. The jake Lloyd as anakin skywalker. Forever, an outcast to the viewing audience.
Mooreish wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm Vic is a big drop in the bucket. He’s fucking Broly. People would be interested in the voice actor for Broly. And people were really looking forward to seeing Vic Mignogna handsome angelic beautiful ageless face in the special features.
Anyway, I searched through your Twitter to find what I've learned to be telltale signs of one of those. That way, I'd tell whether or not I was wasting my breath.

Of course, I was wrong in your case (and I'm still deeply sorry about trying to call you out like I did earlier). I do hope you've forgiven me; it's been rather rough here :( .

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:06 am

You wren't wrong though, this guy has also sworn up and down that he's neutral and that "only the law's decision will matter', while still dismissing all evidence as invalid beyond what actual courts will (and subsequently relentlessly repeating the same victim-blaming bullshit we've seen all over this thread since the start), and more importantly, refusing to actually state whether he believes the victims or not, something independent of legal matters entirely. Most tellingly though is that he will only focus on acting as if the defendants have some grand uphill battle in this joke of a lawsuit that he himself states is what should be the deciding factor.

You may not have found much scrolling through a public twitter, but the fact that he immediately jumped to you trying to find out anything else about him as "phishing" (the word he was looking for is doxxing, but looking for a person's opinion via their public social media page doesn't count as that either) and some kind of malicious attack on him is telling.

He may not be going guns blazing with the "Vic is innocent it's all a conspiracy", but where there's smoke there's fire. If you want to be a part of the discussion here, there really is no middle ground. So constantly criticizing the victims while outright refusing to pledge support for them looks a hell of a lot like "I support Vic but won't say it".

Because what's the middle ground between "dozens of people reported him sexually assaulting them" and "he is an innocent victim of the SJeW culture trying to kill all white men"?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:06 am

Right the people commenting here are either supporting Vic or supporting the people who came forward against him.

The people who are truly neutral are not replying in this thread.

Innocent until proven guilty is NOT a neutral stance in this discussion. Neither is we will let the courts decide. The court aren’t going to tell you if Vic is guilty or not. Because the trial is about defamation and Monica, Jamie, Ron and Funi are the defendants NOT Vic.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:17 pm

Kinokima wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:06 am Innocent until proven guilty is NOT a neutral stance in this discussion. Neither is we will let the courts decide. The court aren’t going to tell you if Vic is guilty or not. Because the trial is about defamation and Monica, Jamie, Ron and Funi are the defendants NOT Vic.
Biiiiingo.

This is why this whole situation is so bizarre to follow; the VicStans are treating Mignogna like he's the defense when he's literally the plaintiff. Fanboying is bad for your brain, friends, because it leads directly to textbook confirmation bias and/or outright delusion - you want your hero to be "right" and your brain will jump to truly insane leaps of logic to justify that belief, or perceive him as the "victim" in a situation where he's anything but.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:26 am

You know, this does have me thinking... "Where do all these guys come from?". I'm still hesitant to call Excel a deliberate troll (even if he HAS clearly listened to way too many Youtubers), but... Where DO all the people who ARE trolls come from?

Do people just go to Youtube pages, rant about us there... and then some meathead decides it'd be fun to go and take a dump in our thread? I don't think of Kanzenshuu as a site that's very well-known, so I am curious.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 pm

When scummy people are focused on pushing an agenda, they do it everywhere they can. For some it's basically a fuckin full-time job, they're looking to normalize shitty behavior in the eyes of the silent and neutral crowds to try and legitimize themselves and gain sympathy. It really shouldn't come as a surprise that a fiercely anti-intellectual narrative like "Vic is innocent it's all lies" is supported by so many alt-righters, who are imminently focused on pushing the same shit: obviously false conspiracies, but ones that represent excuses to persecute and harass people they have an irrational hatred for.

Which is not to necessarily call every Vic Stan a fascist, most of them I'd argue are just...kinda stupid? But at the heart of the harassment campaign lies the same bigotry, anti-fact behavior and emotional fervor as with every other "us vs. them" gamergate-style manufactroversy.

And that's certainly prime recruiting ground for fascists. So they want to spread that ground as far as it can go. I see anti-feminist YouTube posted on Sonic forums, "straight pride" in threads about Homestuck, and "blackpill nihilism" in tweets about One Piece. Taking dumb conspiracy theories wherever they can go is entirely the point. Because they're not aiming for you, they're aiming for the guy next to you, who hasn't said anything yet and is intimidated by the conversation. They're a way out, even if it gets you mired in the worst people humanity has to offer.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Shaddy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:14 pmWhen scummy people are focused on pushing an agenda, they do it everywhere they can. For some it's basically a fuckin full-time job, they're looking to normalize shitty behavior in the eyes of the silent and neutral crowds to try and legitimize themselves and gain sympathy.
As if the left isn't doing the same thing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:33 pm

A transcript of a May 31st hearing is available here. Some details were shared previously, such as the judge's (hilarious) confusion over Ty Beard being a lawyer, were shared previously, but now it's all documented for the record.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:33 pm A transcript of a May 31st hearing is available here. Some details were shared previously, such as the judge's (hilarious) confusion over Ty Beard being a lawyer, were shared previously, but now it's all documented for the record.
That was a lot more entertaining than I expected. Particularly enjoyed the judge all but asking why the plaintiff is bothering with this lawsuit and questioning what they hope to achieve. The plaintiff's tactics seemed to hit a brick wall here. And the judge outright calls Vic a public figure, so that particular angle is out the window, I assume?

This is the hearing Li'l Nicky was making out to be some huge victory for Beardo? :lol: