What was happening in the Dragon Ball series around your birth?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Re: What was happening in the Dragon Ball series around your birth?

Post by Brodes » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:52 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 am
Brodes wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:42 am Is there somewhere that will tell me what was happening in Dragonball anime and manga wise in March, 1987?
Around when in that month were you born exactly? as it would be the episode and manga guides on the main site would be the best place to find what specific chapter and episode came out at that point.
Oh cool, thanks. I was born the 28th, so just after Arale rode Kinto'un anime wise ('Arale boards the Cloud) and smack bang in the middle of Tenshinhan vs Yamucha manga wise at the 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Brodes wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:52 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 am
Brodes wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:42 am Is there somewhere that will tell me what was happening in Dragonball anime and manga wise in March, 1987?
Around when in that month were you born exactly? as it would be the episode and manga guides on the main site would be the best place to find what specific chapter and episode came out at that point.
Oh cool, thanks. I was born the 28th, so just after Arale rode Kinto'un anime wise ('Arale boards the Cloud) and smack bang in the middle of Tenshinhan vs Yamucha manga wise at the 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai.
Yep and as I'd previously stated on the first post i was born on 7/30/1994, so in the manga it was just after Goten and Trunks had mastered Fusion after training with Piccolo and became Gotenks while in the anime it was as Majin Buu and Babidi were still terrorizing Earth. So i came right in the middle of the Buu arc on both fronts.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:53 am

The day after I was born, manga chapter 246 was released, introducing Kewi on Planet Freeza #79.

The day after that, Dragon Ball Z episode 23 (or as I like to call it, Dragon Ball episode 176) aired. Fittingly, my favorite character (Tenshinhan) kicks ass in it, but it is also the episode of Yamcha's death.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:08 pmWow, so you came right after the anime officially debuted in Japan. :thumbup:
Yep! Just two days after episode 2. What do I win?
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:39 pm June 24 1987 - the DB episode "The Turtle Hermit's Intense Training" / "The Turtle Hermit Way" was aired on June 25.
That was June 25, 1986. Did you make a typo in your birthdate? Or are you looking at the wrong episode?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:08 pmWow, so you came right after the anime officially debuted in Japan. :thumbup:
Yep! Just two days after episode 2. What do I win?
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:39 pm June 24 1987 - the DB episode "The Turtle Hermit's Intense Training" / "The Turtle Hermit Way" was aired on June 25.
That was June 25, 1986. Did you make a typo in your birthdate? Or are you looking at the wrong episode?
That's nothing, i know i saw in the older thread on this topic that there were a few users here who came into the world before the anime even started. Like for instance one who was born just a few months prior to the manga's debut in Weekly Shonen Jump in November 1984 and even some while Dr. Slump was still in serialization and it's anime adaptation was still airing on TV.

As stated before, i can safely say that i was born while both the anime and manga were still running concurrently. I came when Babidi, Majin Buu and Dabura were in the middle of terrorizing Earth in the former while Goten and Trunks united to become Gotenks in the latter. :D
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 am

Gaffer Tape wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm
Blast, you're right, I was looking at the wrong episode. :shock: :oops: :x

Okay, the right one, on my birthday was episode 67 - "Commander Red Perishes!!" / "The End of Commander Red".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_D ... l_episodes
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

DaFleks

Post by DaFleks » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:51 pm

DBZ anime was at episode 100 on the day I was born where Gohan fights Freeza after Goku seemingly dies, where as the day before the manga was at chapter 334 where Goku meets Future Trunks. I'm old. :sick:

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:23 pm

Manga: The perfected Gotenks appears for the first time.

Anime: Vegeta sacrifices himself against Buu.

I assumed it would be something lame but I’m pretty happy with those events marking my arrival. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:08 pm

Dragon Ball Manga Chapter #48 came out the day after my birthday on October 29th 1985.

The anime hadn't started yet.