"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:06 pm
sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm What may be going on is that Toei could be giving wrong info to "leakers" on purpose to throw everyone off.
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:12 pm
sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm What may be going on is that Toei could be giving wrong info to "leakers" on purpose to throw everyone off.
Now that makes sense. But it also means those 3 let themselves be tricked for half a year.

Seriously, conspiracy theory is what makes sense?
Not really but their fans would rather believe Toei wasted their time lying to them than actually admit that this whole ordeal has been shady since May.

Baby steps.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:06 pmSeriously, conspiracy theory is what makes sense?
Someone pointed out a few weeks (or months) ago that Toei or another Japanese company did that before to catch who was leaking their information. They gave certain people false info and when it leaked, they knew who did it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:41 pm

They probably weren't lied to but it just irks me that every month they find a new excuse to cover the show not being announced.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:34 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:41 pm They probably weren't lied to but it just irks me that every month they find a new excuse to cover the show not being announced.

"Guize its totally being announced in late april, early may"

Doesn't happen

"Oh I know , its Stampede's fault"

If it doesn't return in october, I'm sure Sailor Moon will get the blame

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:21 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:55 am Yonkou is "hinting" its One Piece Stampede Fault no DBS in July :lol:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1 ... 0426858499
I'm not sure when Toei started production for it but Stampede was announced December of last year. Wouldn't these sources know who was working on Stampede at that point and that they wouldn't be able to work on Dragonball or did Toei start production for Super's return and then delay it? I don't know how it works behind the scenes but I just assume there would be more planning.

The only definitive prediction I've seen is from Baggie Saiyan about the upcoming merchandise releases. I've seen some speculation of Kitaro changing timeslots but I don't know there's any hint of that or if something like that ever happened before. Besides those I think it's easier to wait and see what happens after the manga's Moro saga. If it's another manga-exclusive saga or it goes on a hiatus, the anime may not be returning for a while or they're working on a movie instead for the next storyline written by Toriyama.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:14 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:55 am Yonkou is "hinting" its One Piece Stampede Fault no DBS in July :lol:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1 ... 0426858499
I read the comments.

I just find it so appalling, literally no one questions their credibility? In any other fandom they would have been called out way before this.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:39 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:14 pmI just find it so appalling, literally no one questions their credibility? In any other fandom they would have been called out way before this.
No one questions them because this is one of the few times they got it wrong. Most of the time they get things right or pretty close. I don't think there's any leaker who gets everything right 100% of the time.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 pm

sintzu wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:39 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:14 pmI just find it so appalling, literally no one questions their credibility? In any other fandom they would have been called out way before this.
No one questions them because this is one of the few times they got it wrong. Most of the time they get things right or pretty close. I don't think there's any leaker who gets everything right 100% of the time.
Gotten right on what?

They've been wrong about DBS returning since before Jump Festa to the point where they would insult anyone who dared question their reporting and now when they've been proven wrong , 2 of them just come up with the most asinine excuses to deflect all blame. Atleast Ajay admitted he was wrong. Geekdom and Yonkou are just shitflinging

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:54 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 pmGotten right on what?
They get things right for other anime. We were even told by voice actors that it was a thing so something clearly changed.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:58 pm

sintzu wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:54 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:48 pmGotten right on what?
They get things right for other anime. We were even told by voice actors that it was a thing so something clearly changed.
First of all Ajay and Geekdom only do db so not sure what other anime they get info on.
Yonkou just gets scans early and posts them , he's not some legit insider.
Voice actors said no such thing, heck the italian va's statement was contradicted by mario castenada.

The reality is they all got it wrong and only 1 took any responsibility for it while the other 2 unironically try to blame a movie that was in production WELL before october of 2018 when dbs supposedly began production

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:34 pm

I'm always getting confused about the number of sources they have but I am sure it's 13.

One of them said they were pre producing 2.0 so something already smelt fishy when I saw Yonkou's tweet, but that isn't the point right now, what I want to know is how 13 animators didn't even know they were working on an entirely different anime for months?
sintzu wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:39 pm
But doesn't anyone else notice the pattern? Something always happens in the middle or at the end of the month. It isn't just about their trustworthiness. I'm just baffled at the fact that out of this thread alone I've counted less than 10 people that notice anything weird. I'm only counting this thread because there's no resistance at all outside of the site. No suspension, no questions, no doubt. Nothing.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm

I dont see whats so hard to understand.

A: Sources lied

B: Sources started work on 2uper, stopped for the One Piece movie, and will continue after they’re done working on the movie
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:15 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm I dont see whats so hard to understand.

Are you really going to tell me that a multibillion dollar company wasted half a year lying to three youtubers and that the youtubers never caught on not even once or thought "something is not right here"? I went into this thread barely knowing what was going on and I consistently called out bullshit.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm
B: Sources started work on 2uper, stopped for the One Piece movie, and will continue after they’re done working on the movie
Unless they had no idea they were working on a different series, there should have been no reason why none of the 13 sources told them about this before this week.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:15 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm I dont see whats so hard to understand.

Are you really going to tell me that a multibillion dollar company wasted half a year lying to three youtubers and that the youtubers never caught on not even once or thought "something is not right here"? I went into this thread barely knowing what was going on and I consistently called out bullshit.
Unless they had no idea they were working on a different series, there should have been no reason why none of the 13 sources told them about this before this week.
Yeah, that makes no sense. At this point, Stampede should be pretty much finished, which brings up many issues to light. I mean, when those sources supposedly informed people about 2uper, work on Stampede had most definitely started already. Only possible explanation for this mess, if true, is that Toei started working on the movie then suddenly realized they were in desperate need of more staffers, halting other projects completely.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Araki wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

if true, is that Toei started working on the movie then suddenly realized they were in desperate need of more staffers, halting other projects completely.
That seems possible, but if Dragon Ball has leaks than other shows probably have them too. The other projects would have had staff members leaking this mess. It seems like a huge shitstorm so if the delay was true then it'd be pretty odd that no one knew until recently and that Yonkou was the only leaker to announce it (and only announced it when he got tired of people bugging him)

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm That seems possible, but if Dragon Ball has leaks than other shows probably have them too. The other projects would have had staff members leaking this mess. It seems like a huge shitstorm so if the delay was true then it'd be pretty odd that no one knew until recently and that Yonkou was the only leaker to announce it (and only announced it when he got tired of people bugging him)
Also, the One Piece movie was in production for a while now, given how they have been getting Oda to write for the movies, it would be kinda odd for no one to be expecting to work on something big like that.
...then again, the animation industry in Japan can be pretty messed up.

As for the sources lying, it wouldn't be completely impossible to fake evidence, assuming that only a couple of the keyframes were leaked. It wouldn't be hard to fake a couple of them, but if entire scenes were in production, then yeah......something's not adding up. Especially since all the stuff that was shown to youtubers and people on twitter was not released officially yet, no?

Knowing how people like Ajay tend to have a good eye for animation, I would assume that he would have recognized the shots that were leaked if they were used somewhere. I would also assume that if something was very wrong with what he was shown, he would have noticed it, meaning that if they faked information, it was a convincing fake at least.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:12 pm

Akamay wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm That seems possible, but if Dragon Ball has leaks than other shows probably have them too. The other projects would have had staff members leaking this mess. It seems like a huge shitstorm so if the delay was true then it'd be pretty odd that no one knew until recently and that Yonkou was the only leaker to announce it (and only announced it when he got tired of people bugging him)
Also, the One Piece movie was in production for a while now, given how they have been getting Oda to write for the movies, it would be kinda odd for no one to be expecting to work on something big like that.
...then again, the animation industry in Japan can be pretty messed up.

As for the sources lying, it wouldn't be completely impossible to fake evidence, assuming that only a couple of the keyframes were leaked. It wouldn't be hard to fake a couple of them, but if entire scenes were in production, then yeah......something's not adding up. Especially since all the stuff that was shown to youtubers and people on twitter was not released officially yet, no?

Knowing how people like Ajay tend to have a good eye for animation, I would assume that he would have recognized the shots that were leaked if they were used somewhere. I would also assume that if something was very wrong with what he was shown, he would have noticed it, meaning that if they faked information, it was a convincing fake at least.
So far nothing animation related has been leaked. Ajay did say something about character sheets when Goku day failed but that was about it.

Besides the genga, we've just been taking their words for it so far.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm
Araki wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

if true, is that Toei started working on the movie then suddenly realized they were in desperate need of more staffers, halting other projects completely.
That seems possible, but if Dragon Ball has leaks than other shows probably have them too. The other projects would have had staff members leaking this mess. It seems like a huge shitstorm so if the delay was true then it'd be pretty odd that no one knew until recently and that Yonkou was the only leaker to announce it (and only announced it when he got tired of people bugging him)
Welp, apparently it wasn’t even the main in-house staff who gave this 2uper info. It was the Toei Phils folk. Do with that what ya’ll will.

Possibilities:

- miscommunication or misinformation (this is even more likely considering Toei Phils probably wouldn’t be as “in the know” as the main in-house Toei staff, but thats just my guess)

- change of plans from the higher ups at Toei

- lying (either the sources are lying or Toei gave the sources wrong info on purpose. Its not as unlikely as you’d think)

- 2uper has been in pre-production but the Key animation hasn’t started and wont start until some time after Stampede’s key animation is done (this also means 2uper def aint happening in October. 2020 would be a safer bet)

- again, they started 2uper, stopped to work on One Piece Stampede, and will continue after they’re done (but apparently this isn’t something that would usually happen so it’s unlikely)
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:48 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:12 pm So far nothing animation related has been leaked. Ajay did say something about character sheets when Goku day failed but that was about it.

Besides the genga, we've just been taking their words for it so far.
My bad then, from what he mentioned I understood that he was shown more stuff.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm Welp, apparently it wasn’t even the main in-house staff who gave this 2uper info. It was the Toei Phils folk. Do with that what ya’ll will.
So......the info came from people that were not in Japan and people considered it reliable because it came from Toei?
This explains a lot, but it also shows that even when it comes to a source that would be credible unless it's from Japan, there is a lot of room for miscommunication and misinformation.
Yeah, they are a source for official information, but there are a ton of cases of people from other regions getting stuff wrong for a number of possible reasons.

Also, if this is all a ploy to get people leaking information, it points to something big happening behind the scenes that they don't want coming out, no?
The closest example that comes to mind is the whole rumors about Nintendo giving false leads to leakers because they wanted their new announcements to stop being revealed before they could do it themselves.
If Toei did something like that, it means that they don't want information about their next projects spreading, regardless of what it is and when it will come out.
But other than their biggest series like Dragon Ball and One Piece, would there be that many people be poking for information about other series outside from Japan for Toei to want to completely shut down any leaks?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:43 pm

It seems this is indeed the "official" version now lol. Staff was moved to Stampede because they needed to finish the movie on time.