"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Araki
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Araki » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Konja7 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:24 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm Even though the Moro arc is lackluster to many, I think I prefer the anime coming back way after the manga took off with it's own story. I enjoyed having two different versions of DBS but I'm ready now to follow the manga like with the original run.
Even if the manga took off with it's own story, it's pretty possible the anime doesn't follow o adapt the manga.

Super 2 can just use the guidelines of Toriyama. So, it would still pretty different from the manga.

After all, Super anime has never been an adaptation from the manga.
Yeah, Super would lose its main appeal if it went from "based on Toriyama's original stories" to "based on a manga from Toyotaro". Even if the Moro arc, for instance, was following a Toriyama outline, using the manga as base would make it an adaptation of an adaptation.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Araki wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm
Konja7 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:24 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm Even though the Moro arc is lackluster to many, I think I prefer the anime coming back way after the manga took off with it's own story. I enjoyed having two different versions of DBS but I'm ready now to follow the manga like with the original run.
Even if the manga took off with it's own story, it's pretty possible the anime doesn't follow o adapt the manga.

Super 2 can just use the guidelines of Toriyama. So, it would still pretty different from the manga.

After all, Super anime has never been an adaptation from the manga.
Yeah, Super would lose its main appeal if it went from "based on Toriyama's original stories" to "based on a manga from Toyotaro". Even if the Moro arc, for instance, was following a Toriyama outline, using the manga as base would make it an adaptation of an adaptation.
I agree. I'm not entirely sure of the psychology behind it as there has been plenty of Toei-only non-Toriyama DB content, but somehow the idea of a Toyotaro-only DB story has way less appeal to me than more Toei-only DB content. Maybe it's that I never got into his AF manga. Maybe it's that I haven't enjoyed the execution of many of the ideas that inspired the Moro arc. There've been plenty of fan-artists whose works I've enjoyed (many much more so than Toyo; not that I don't like him) but in the end, at least to me, it feels less legitimate than a Toei-only DB work even though Toyotaro is the legitimate heir apparent to Toriyama. I feel like...even if the heir was someone I was a big fan of, it still in the end feels like a fan-work or a ghost writer because it's someone writing someone else's characters. Like....yeah the story's got Goku and Vegeta in it; I like Goku and Vegeta, but this arc seems like it doesn't get why at least I really like them. The Moro arc has Goku as almost completely an after thought and Vegeta's a combination of Toyo's mouthpiece and being propped up as ultra heroic in a way that's really dis-interesting to me. I'd rather Toyotaro not include either saiyan at all in this arc if that's how he's going to treat them. He wants to do his Galactic Patrol story; let him do his Galactic Patrol story, but Toyotaro's editor shouldn't force Goku and Vegeta into the arc because that's what it feels like, imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmperorBigD/ ... 8227746818

Lol say on Twitter but not here in case anyone cares this boy a care bear type

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:28 am

vashter wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/EmperorBigD/ ... 8227746818

Now its 17 sources and he's going full on blame stampede mode without any proof. Why is ajay the only adult out of these 3?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:40 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:28 am
vashter wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/EmperorBigD/ ... 8227746818

Now its 17 sources and he's going full on blame stampede mode without any proof.
This is not helping his case at all. He should've just said what Ajay did, which is that what he was told didn't happen for one reason or another. There's 0 reason to attack people who don't believe him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:09 am

sintzu wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:40 am
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:28 am

Now its 17 sources and he's going full on blame stampede mode without any proof.
This is not helping his case at all. He should've just said what Ajay did, which is that what he was told didn't happen for one reason or another. There's 0 reason to attack people who don't believe him.
He is a petulant child that's why cannot take criticism at all, I mean his behaviour on here with Trailer 2 of DBS:B was absolutely appalling
& people on another thread started calling him out on things and he then said people on here had some sort of anti YT bias... :roll:

Glad more people are starting to see him for who is now.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:21 am

Yea, there's something wrong with this guy. His ego is huge. You can say it by this tweet: "Everybody loves me, even those who pretend they don't".
lol?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:20 pm

How dare you average people doubt this great reporter/journalist/creator?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm

I've seen people who actually cover One Piece staff/animation stuff say this is bullshit and that Stampede has nothing to do with DBS but of course the masses will eat up Geekdoms bs as usual

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:08 pm

As someone who has discussed with this Youtuber, the problem is that he gets very sensitive and very dramatic. Even when he's wrong.

Any criticism is absurdly escalated to beyond the point you originally intended. He said I implied he has "mental issues" when I never even thought about. I've said before and I'll say again: it always comes down to how you behave. And it seems his behavior will be his eventual downfall. Sooner or later. The more people call him out for things that could be avoided or solved (mostly by a simply apology), the more he will act like that until the inevitable "give up" moment arrives. And that's when things will get worse if he plays the victim, blaming those who opposed him when he was wrong.

I've seen this movie before, well, I think we all have. It's best for all of us to take step back, breathe, relax, then clarifly stuff (in a good manner) and simply let it go. Being dramatic now is the last thing you should do.

I'm not defending those who act in bad faith (the trolls) against you (which seems to be the case this time). But for those you simply don't give them any chance, ignore/block and move on. There's no reason to let them get under your skin and address the matter.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:24 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm I've seen people who actually cover One Piece staff/animation stuff say this is bullshit and that Stampede has nothing to do with DBS but of course the masses will eat up Geekdoms bs as usual
Wait what? Holy shit! Source?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:37 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:24 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm I've seen people who actually cover One Piece staff/animation stuff say this is bullshit and that Stampede has nothing to do with DBS but of course the masses will eat up Geekdoms bs as usual
https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/stat ... 4863881221

Pretty much says nobody of huge importance was working on Stampede anyways that would have been on DBS. Yonkou and Geekdom are just shitflinging to avoid any kind of criticism. DId those animators magically find out on may 15th that they were now supposed to draw luffy instead of goku?

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:12 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:37 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:24 pm
https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/stat ... 4863881221

Pretty much says nobody of huge importance was working on Stampede anyways that would have been on DBS. Yonkou and Geekdom are just shitflinging to avoid any kind of criticism. DId those animators magically find out on may 15th that they were now supposed to draw luffy instead of goku?
Here I was thinking I've gone insane. This is like a gigantic weight off of my head.

I knew it. I totally knew this stampede excuse was nothing.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:37 am

Just watched Super 2.0 first episode.
There was some retcons, Goten/Trunks/Marron are somehow even smaller and Beerus/Whis talking about food. The usual nowadays, I guess.
Still soon to say if there will be blood. Unless it isn't red, we will probably only get black voids and characters coughing up saliva, which sometimes may look like milk.

Looking forward to the next one!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:44 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:37 am Just watched Super 2.0 first episode.
There was some retcons, Goten/Trunks/Marron are somehow even smaller and Beerus/Whis talking about food. The usual nowadays, I guess.
Still soon to say if there will be blood. Unless it isn't red, we will probably only get black voids and characters coughing up saliva, which sometimes may look like milk.

Did you see that Cooler tease at the end ? :lol:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:01 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:37 am Just watched Super 2.0 first episode.

Giving Marron back her Buu arc look was a bold move. I wonder what they're planning.

:lol:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Why are you posting this?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:02 pm

sangofe wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Why are you posting this?
It is a slow news day so we might as well have fun.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:18 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:37 amJust watched Super 2.0 first episode.

The saddest part is that despite all the hype and expectation people have for the "sequel" to Dragon Ball Super, all of this have a great chance of becoming a reality if/when it returns. More obnoxious retcons, the height problem, Beerus and Whis still on Earth, stuck in AGE 780, no exploration of ideas, more missed opportunities, more unnecessary characters returning, more unnecessary transformations for Saiyans with a new color, the characters will keep their old outfits, Kamehameha and Galick Gun everywhere. :yawn:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:04 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:18 pmThe saddest part is that despite all the hype and expectation people have for the "sequel" to Dragon Ball Super, all of this have a great chance of becoming a reality if/when it returns. More obnoxious retcons, the height problem, Beerus and Whis still on Earth, stuck in AGE 780, no exploration of ideas, more missed opportunities, more unnecessary characters returning, more unnecessary transformations for Saiyans with a new color, the characters will keep their old outfits, Kamehameha and Galick Gun everywhere. :yawn:
More classic/Nostalgic ideas and concepts being reused.