Are Cabba and Caulifla/Kale Gohan's age or Younger?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Re: Are Cabba and Caulifla/Kale Gohan's age or Younger?

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:39 pm

My guess is early twenties. I don't think they're teenagers.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm

in the manga there is no mention of this, because I guess they were never given an "age"

in the anime it seems to be a bit incoherent ...
although if I remember correctly the mention of herms was this
https://twitter.com/herms98/status/1057101382002532353

although for me the words of caulifla was a way to demonstrate his rebelliousness, renzo is older than goku and vegeta (looks) besides being retired and well is obvious the appearance so young that gine and tarble had despite being of the age of goku
They should have about 24-28 maybe

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 am

Cabba and Caulifla are probably the same age. Kale apparently looks up to Caulifla as an older sister, so she’s probably a year younger than Caulifla. Tarble was around 39 when we saw him arrive on earth. Since Cabba looks like Tarble, Cabba must be 39 as well.

So:
Cabba and Caulifla are 39.
Kale is 38.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:18 am

I think they're just puny, not young. Maybe U6 Saiyans just tend to be smaller and sleeker than their brutish U7 counterparts. That combined with their Saiyan youthfulness makes it pretty much impossible to tell unless someone gives us official confirmation. Given the age of Caulifla's brother, however, she's probably not that far behind Goku.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:29 pm

I just assumed late teens/early twenties with Cabba being the oldest.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:22 pm

DSB wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 am
Michsi wrote:It'd be hilarious if they ended up being something like 42 or more. And it could be possible for Caulifla. Her brother is retired, so that means he is probably pretty up there in years.
I know they all act like kids, but with the saiyan aging process you never know.
Well it seemed that her brother retired due to injury?
Actually, IIRC, she didn't even have a brother in the manga, so it's possible Renso was a purely anime-only creation when the staff at Toei read Toriyama's (likely very sparse) notes and created a character that tied Cabba to Caulifla.
I can imagine his notes went "Cabba seeks the aid of a strong Saiyan delinquent girl named Caulifla, with whom he doesn't get along well" or something along those lines. But since there was no real meat to the outline, Toei had to work with what they had, and we didn't see the "actual" canonical truth until Toyotaro brought out the actual manga page almost a year after the fact.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:22 pm
Michsi wrote:It'd be hilarious if they ended up being something like 42 or more. And it could be possible for Caulifla. Her brother is retired, so that means he is probably pretty up there in years.
I know they all act like kids, but with the saiyan aging process you never know.
Actually, IIRC, she didn't even have a brother in the manga, so it's possible Renso was a purely anime-only creation when the staff at Toei read Toriyama's (likely very sparse) notes and created a character that tied Cabba to Caulifla.
I can imagine his notes went "Cabba seeks the aid of a strong Saiyan delinquent girl named Caulifla, with whom he doesn't get along well" or something along those lines. But since there was no real meat to the outline, Toei had to work with what they had, and we didn't see the "actual" canonical truth until Toyotaro brought out the actual manga page almost a year after the fact.
The “actual canonical truth” is what Toei brought out.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm

I have them about 5-10 years younger than Goku because fun fact, Goku is physically 35-36 which puts them about 2 years older than Gohan.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:22 pm
the manga is no more "canon" than the anime

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:58 pm

Cabba I'd say is in his early 20s. Kale and Caulifla, perhaps mid to late teens.

We don't know what age Saiyans in U6 begin when they're in the Army. So Cabba being so experienced could be because, like Gohan, he fought from an early age.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:07 pm

I think they are 15 or 16. More like between Gohan and Goten’s age.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Asura wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 pm It's important to note that Renso looks like a normal Saiyan in build like Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta. This could indicate that as U6 saiyans get older they start to look more like U7 saiyans, meaning that Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale are all still very young. Cabba is probably around 20-23ish, Caulifla and Kale probably around 16-20.
Yeah that seems right to me.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:58 pm So Cabba being so experienced could be because, like Gohan, he fought from an early age.
well .. Due to the notorious cowardice and lack of effort in fight had cabba at the beginning I doubt that he has been involved in fights at 5 years ... I guess at least his society is more civilized than in U7

Matchstckgmr

Post by Matchstckgmr » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:24 pm

They look young but you know full-blooded Saiyans looks can be deceiving. That said and take the following with a grain of salt cause I can't find the interview or tweet but I remember seeing it somewhere. I remember an animator or someone involved at Toei saying how old Cabba, Kale, and Caulfla were. I remember roughly that Kale and Caulifla were under 18. Again take that with a grain of salt can't prove it cause I don't remember if it was a tweet or interview not to mention I can't find it.