Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Saiga » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 am

I had the same initial reaction as you Gyt :lol: but I figured if there was a relation there would be waaaay more talk about it.

The idea that she was his side chick and the fact that she got an additional voice credit on something he was working on really speaks for itself though
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:59 pm

I remember rumours and allegations about this going back many, many years. I'm not sure exactly when, but probably around 2006-2009 on another forum I was on it was just taken for granted that this was Mignogna's true self. It's strange that it's taken this long to really gain a lot of traction. Then again, maybe not so strange since this seems common with predatory people; whenever someone is outed as a serial rapist, sexual assaulter, paedophile or whatever, a lot of people that knew them or worked with them said it was well-known but never taken seriously (with possible additions of the "it was a different time back then" line). We're talking about things that go back decades, over half a century even.

There are people with which the story is public but people still don't care, like David Bowie having sex with underage girls (a 13-year-old in one case) and stories from people that worked with Led Zeppelin saying that as they took more drugs, the girls they'd have sex with would get younger and younger, even as young as 12. But the general public opinion of them is totally untainted even while people like Harvey Weinstein (rightfully) have their lives go up in flames for things I'd argue are less severe in their depravity (while still being totally depraved, don't get me wrong.)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm

I guess the difference there is that, to my knowledge and correct me if I'm wrong, nobody has ever come out and accused Bowie or the Zeppelin guys of anything. It would've likely been the same with Michael Jackson had nobody spoken up; rumors would be just rumors.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm I guess the difference there is that, to my knowledge and correct me if I'm wrong, nobody has ever come out and accused Bowie or the Zeppelin guys of anything. It would've likely been the same with Michael Jackson had nobody spoken up; rumors would be just rumors.
Could it also be that they were never really thought that highly of, anyway? If I recall, there was this image about rock singers and other sorts of performers, like Elvis Presley, that their dancing was "immoral" or something... There was something that made them controversial from the get-go.

Maybe with them already having a bad reputation from those who didn't listen to their music, they were just... never held to any kind of standard. Like if you got mistreated, the social attitude would be "of course you were, what did you expect?".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:28 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm I guess the difference there is that, to my knowledge and correct me if I'm wrong, nobody has ever come out and accused Bowie or the Zeppelin guys of anything. It would've likely been the same with Michael Jackson had nobody spoken up; rumors would be just rumors.
this really isn't true, lori mattix has talked about her "relationships" with page and bowie before and how they both had sex with her when she was like 13. i think the issue there is that a lot of people just don't know about it or try really hard too justify it ("oh it was rock in the 70s everyone was doing it"), as opposed to MJ where all that stuff was a national story and kinda lead too him becoming a huge punchline.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:58 pmCould it also be that they were never really thought that highly of, anyway? If I recall, there was this image about rock singers and other sorts of performers, like Elvis Presley, that their dancing was "immoral" or something... There was something that made them controversial from the get-go.

Maybe with them already having a bad reputation from those who didn't listen to their music, they were just... never held to any kind of standard. Like if you got mistreated, the social attitude would be "of course you were, what did you expect?".
Maybe, but if that were the case, you'd think that people would've been more than ready to nail them up against the wall.
Soppa Saia People wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:28 amthis really isn't true, lori mattix has talked about her "relationships" with page and bowie before and how they both had sex with her when she was like 13.
Welp there it is, lol
i think the issue there is that a lot of people just don't know about it or try really hard too justify it ("oh it was rock in the 70s everyone was doing it"), as opposed to MJ where all that stuff was a national story and kinda lead too him becoming a huge punchline.
I'm not sure if I buy this. If there was one person on this planet that people would've stood in front of a speeding semi truck for, it was Michael Jackson. I think possibly his extremely quirky nature as a person made him an easy target to build a media circus around.
Special Beam Cannon!

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:57 pm I'm not sure if I buy this. If there was one person on this planet that people would've stood in front of a speeding semi truck for, it was Michael Jackson. I think possibly his extremely quirky nature as a person made him an easy target to build a media circus around.
yeah that's fair, the MJ stuff is a lot more complicated. there's certainly a lot of factors that lead too that kinda stuff, like his music decline, his vitiligo being viewed as skin bleaching, all his plastic surgeries, all that stuff. page and bowie were just high out of their minds, hell i think bowie's drugged out pro fascism period was around that time.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:32 pm

lol where is the time where interesting topics reach hundred post and this kind of speculations only few post...and people don't understand why kei17 stop coming here since more than 2 years without any kind of regret XD

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 pm

that post confuses me on like 7 different levels.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:53 pm

So now this makes three times some loser confronted FUNimation VAs at a convention over Vic. Possibly the cringiest example yet given he takes the time to advertise his YouTube channel.

SSJGAffleck
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGAffleck » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:46 am

You can tell that at least this guy was looking for attention because he plugs his fucking youtube channel at the end.
"Your father was an average fighter, but a bRiLlIaNt sCiEnTIsT!"- Brian Drummond's pitch-perfect voice

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:40 pm

I don't think anything could've more perfectly encapsulated ISWV than that debacle.
Special Beam Cannon!

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 pm In before Scott McNeil as the new dub Broli.

Anyway, the judge's reading of this case seems to be really fucking nonsensical. It's like he can't read between the lines? I don't even know.

As for Chuck Huber: he worked on Star Trek Continues with Vignogna so I'm not surprise that there's something seedy about him.
OFF-TOPIC:

Not to sound like an asshole, but why put names of shows in italics? Doesn't that make the post much harder to write? Or is it just habit?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:54 am

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:32 pm lol where is the time where interesting topics reach hundred post and this kind of speculations only few post.
I'm also surprised this has reached over 200 pages.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 am
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 pm In before Scott McNeil as the new dub Broli.

Anyway, the judge's reading of this case seems to be really fucking nonsensical. It's like he can't read between the lines? I don't even know.

As for Chuck Huber: he worked on Star Trek Continues with Vignogna so I'm not surprise that there's something seedy about him.
OFF-TOPIC:

Not to sound like an asshole, but why put names of shows in italics? Doesn't that make the post much harder to write? Or is it just habit?
It's something I started doing years ago to make my posts look a little better is all.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:47 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 am OFF-TOPIC:

Force of habit. It's a minor formatting thing that helps make the titles of shows, movies, games and other media a bit clearer, particularly on TV Tropes and media sites like IGN.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:58 am

To follow up on the previous two responses, I have to say I feel it's not exactly getting the whole point across just to say it's an idiosyncratic personal preference or the unique style used on a couple of sites. Italicizing titles of works is considered proper formatting pretty much everywhere! Books, shows, movies are italicized. Chapters, episodes, etc. are put in quotations.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 am
Paulo Gabriel wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 am

OFF-TOPIC:

It's something I started doing years ago to make my posts look a little better is all.
I understand. And good explanations, KBABZ and Gaffer.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:25 am

Gaffer Tape wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:58 am

To follow up on the previous two responses, I have to say I feel it's not exactly getting the whole point across just to say it's an idiosyncratic personal preference or the unique style used on a couple of sites. Italicizing titles of works is considered proper formatting pretty much everywhere! Books, shows, movies are italicized. Chapters, episodes, etc. are put in quotations.
I'm sure this is where I got it from. I used to be a writer for a news site so this probably just stuck.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:27 am

It's basic stuff that they (are supposed to) teach you in high school English, if not elementary school.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.