"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:08 am

Teclo wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:27 pm I have this game on Switch. The load times are terrible, it feels like I'm playing an online-only game with a terrible connection. Can anyone that's played the Switch and PS4 versions say if the load times are especially bad on Switch or if it's a general problem with the game?
I have it on my PS4 (Pro, but I don't think there's a difference in loading times with the regular PS4), but I saw a friend playing it on his Switch this weekend (on the TV, not as the handheld device - in case that makes a difference).

From what I could see immediately, loading times are pretty much the same when it comes to one-on-one battles (it was his first time with the game, so he went through the tutorials with 1 VS 1 battles).
However, while the PS4 basically has the same loading speed for 3-on-3 battles (which you can tell by the loading music reaching basically the same point), the Switch version is noticeably longer as soon as there is one of those team battles, taking more time to load more models. Which is pretty much all the time in this game! So yeah, most of the time, you'll have longer loading times on Switch!

So try a 1 VS 1 battle and imagine that the loading times are basically like this for other platforms.
It reaches the aggressive, "it's on" intro guitar riff and cuts at half of it, not having time to reach the more light-hearted guitar solo part after that. If that makes any sense (I'm no musician!).

Longer loading times exist on PS4 too, albeit more rarely because as far as I remember, it's when there is a special intro or a Dramatic Finish to load as well, and maybe for some online matches but I can't confirm since I don't play online.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks for the answers. I've only played it in handheld mode so far and the loading really does seem to put a strain on it. It actually has like "micro-lockups" while loading, where it briefly seems like the game has frozen. It runs smoothly during gameplay but it really seems to take a toll while loading. It reminds me of my terrible laptop which becomes even worse when decompressing an archive, and keeps hitching while doing simple tasks (incidentally the laptop HDD health is supposedly fine so I guess it's just a terrible one).

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:05 am

EVO 2019 final entry numbers.

#1 Smash Ultimate - 3492
#2 Street Fighter V - 1929
#3 Tekken 7 - 1885
#4 Samurai Shodown - 1719
#5 Mortal Kombat 11 - 1567
#6 DragonBall FighterZ - 1191
#7 Unist - 1156
#8 Soul Calibur 6 - 742
#9 BlazBlue:CTB - 640
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:49 pm

I love smash.. I really do.. but for the life of me I cant understand it just eclipses the other games in popularity.

When it comes to Fighterz I can see how the popularity has dwindled. While just as as to get into as something like Smash, at a deeper level it can get pretty repetitive, its still fun to watch but also the cancellation of tournaments damaged the value as well.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 pm

FighterZ having a drop-off was expected after the hype. The severity however is due to Bandai's and ArcSys mismanagement.
Only one balance patch this season makes the meta stale, DLC is coming way too slowly and information is scarce, the World Tour ordeal was nothing more than pure incompetence and continues so; the last Tenkaichi event was announced a week in advance!

At this point I rather have a FighterZ 2 for a fresh start instead of Season 3.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:49 pm I love smash.. I really do.. but for the life of me I cant understand it just eclipses the other games in popularity.

When it comes to Fighterz I can see how the popularity has dwindled. While just as as to get into as something like Smash, at a deeper level it can get pretty repetitive, its still fun to watch but also the cancellation of tournaments damaged the value as well.
Don't forget Melee got dropped so a lot of that community probably moved over to Ultimate. Good to see Fighterz retain decent numbers a year and a half out. DBZ games normally die pretty quickly but XV2 and FighterZ are definitely sticking around.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 pm

Quick question: I'm buying just one DLC, which should I buy between Base Goku and Base Vegeta?

personal preference aside, of course

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 pm Quick question: I'm buying just one DLC, which should I buy between Base Goku and Base Vegeta?

I say Base Goku is the better character between the two. Better assist, good damage output, Kaioken and if you can link with his Spirit Bomb a super that does massive damage.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am

LightBing wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 am
Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 pm Quick question: I'm buying just one DLC, which should I buy between Base Goku and Base Vegeta?

I say Base Goku is the better character between the two. Better assist, good damage output, Kaioken and if you can link with his Spirit Bomb a super that does massive damage.
Great, I'm going with Goku then, thanks

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am
LightBing wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 am

Great, I'm going with Goku then, thanks
Here is a FighterZ Up to date tier list you can follow.

And personal preference and ease to play would have me lean more towards base Vegeta. His assist isn't much, but his utility around the screen does it for me. Fun to use and fun to watch.

However, I would say... Base Goku, once you're used to him, he can be really a rewarding character to play as but there's a steeper learning curve IMO.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:07 pm

That tier list is pretty weird. I would like to know what's based on, maybe a mix of tournament play and online usage? Cell hasn't been considered top tier for months now.

For comparison sake where's the tier list from the current best player in the World:
https://twitter.com/GO13151/status/1149185721476890624

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Still no Janemba?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:32 pm Still no Janemba?
Nope. SSJB Gogeta and Super!Broly are still on the horizon.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:53 pm

https://www.nintendo.es/Contenido-desca ... 11681.html

4.99€

Janemba playable character

5 skin colors

*No release date yet *
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Janemba is a character I could see playing the hell out of is Arc System Works use the most of his versatile arsenal of abilities.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 am

I'm just glad we're actually getting interesting characters instead of suggestions like Super crap like Kofla, Frost and that horrible U8 Saiyan that looks up to Vegeta.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:00 am

Any character can be made interesting or fun to play with the right amount of work put into it.. just look at Videl. Or hell even Chi Chi in Super DBZ (funny how that could mean something totally different now a days lol).

That said though I'm not against Janemba at all.. I'm just wondering what people are expecting him to play like.

Out side of maybe a pixel teleport and a portal parry, what else are you guys expecting, him shooting crescent Ki blasts from his sword?

I mean yeah, he can create multiples of himself and even briefly make copies of other fighters but he did that in his giant form. Sure they could find ways to include that in his “Final Form” but you gotta remember the way these characters are built about 3 speacial moves and 2 supers.. 3 if you’re lucky!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:17 am

Jord wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 am I'm just glad we're actually getting interesting characters instead of suggestions like Super crap like Kofla, Frost and that horrible U8 Saiyan that looks up to Vegeta.
I 'unno mate. I've still got money on Kofla and the U8 Saiyan as dark-horse reveals for EVO.

Janemba's got a lot of potential. I see him being a balanced mish-mash of characters we've got so far. Between the sword and stretchy arms, he could have crazy reach (think Trunks meets Kid Buu), his pixel teleport will probably be a free alternative to vanish (maybe coming out slightly slower as a trade-off) and the hand portal as a ki counter speaks for itself. His sword beams will probably be specials similar to Zamasu.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:17 am
Jord wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 am I'm just glad we're actually getting interesting characters instead of suggestions like Super crap like Kofla, Frost and that horrible U8 Saiyan that looks up to Vegeta.
I 'unno mate. I've still got money on Kofla and the U8 Saiyan as dark-horse reveals for EVO.

Janemba's got a lot of potential. I see him being a balanced mish-mash of characters we've got so far. Between the sword and stretchy arms, he could have crazy reach (think Trunks meets Kid Buu), his pixel teleport will probably be a free alternative to vanish (maybe coming out slightly slower as a trade-off) and the hand portal as a ki counter speaks for itself. His sword beams will probably be specials similar to Zamasu.
I'm sorry but the final 2 characters are Gogeta Blue and Broli Super. They have already been announced.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 am

I wonder if the game will have another season ? :think:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu