Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 pm

KBABZ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm
What's Kiwifarms again?
a site that has stalked, harrassed and generally just ruined a lot of people's lives. it's one of the worst sites on the internet, and if you post there,,,yeah you just aren't a good person.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:41 pm
KBABZ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm
What's Kiwifarms again?
a site that has stalked, harrassed and generally just ruined a lot of people's lives. it's one of the worst sites on the internet, and if you post there,,,yeah you just aren't a good person.
8chan, got it!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 pm

KBABZ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm What's Kiwifarms again?
...Let's put it this way. The site was literally founded for the sole purpose of tracking and mocking the person who wrote Sonichu. She was on the autism spectrum, which is why they were originally called the "CWCki forums" (the initials of said author). They changed it to "Kiwi Farms" specifically to mock someone with a speech impediment trying to pronounce it.

From there, they've devolved even further; to the point where it's users will actually unironically argue about whether or not doxxing is such a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHEloeZIjs&t=2m50s

Oh, and the website itself actually spread the video and live stream of the "Christchurch Shooter" himself... A white supremacist who shot up two mosques, killed 50 people, and injured over 51 others. And in case there was ANY doubt as to their intent in doing so... These're direct quotes from the site administrator himself:

http://archive.fo/GZoas

http://archive.is/pchH0 (his name is "Null")

...So the fact that Rekeita & Beard seem to be on a first name basis with several of these guys is... uh... "concerning".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm

God that's sickening.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 pm
...Let's put it this way. The site was literally founded for the sole purpose of tracking and mocking the person who wrote Sonichu. She was on the autism spectrum, which is why they were originally called the "CWCki forums" (the initials of said author). They changed it to "Kiwi Farms" specifically to mock someone with a speech impediment trying to pronounce it.

From there, they've devolved even further; to the point where it's users will actually unironically argue about whether or not doxxing is such a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHEloeZIjs&t=2m50s

Oh, and the website itself actually spread the video and live stream of the "Christchurch Shooter" himself... A white supremacist who shot up two mosques, killed 50 people, and injured over 51 others. And in case there was ANY doubt as to their intent in doing so... These're direct quotes from the site administrator himself:

http://archive.fo/GZoas

http://archive.is/pchH0 (his name is "Null")
Holy paper sheet. That people ain't right.

From what I've read from your post and Wikipedia, that site sounds like internet's hell.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 pm
...Let's put it this way. The site was literally founded for the sole purpose of tracking and mocking the person who wrote Sonichu. She was on the autism spectrum, which is why they were originally called the "CWCki forums" (the initials of said author).
To be fair, isn't that guy a racist, sexist creep known for doing some pretty awful stuff?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 pm To be fair, isn't that guy a racist, sexist creep known for doing some pretty awful stuff?
He is... But you shouldn't need to be a good person for people to acknowledge that what was done to you was wrong.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 pm To be fair, isn't that guy a racist, sexist creep known for doing some pretty awful stuff?
He is... But you shouldn't need to be a good person for people to acknowledge that what was done to you was wrong.
She’s trans, right? (I know nothing about Sonichu and have no desire to, but I’m pretty sure I’ve read that before and you did refer to her with female pronouns previously.) Even if she’s a shitty person, it’s important to respect her pronouns. Caitlin Jenner is also a shitty person, but I’d never deny the fact she’s a woman. Kind of a sticking point for me as a trans woman myself.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 am

SaiyamanMS wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 am She’s trans, right? (I know nothing about Sonichu and have no desire to, but I’m pretty sure I’ve read that before and you did refer to her with female pronouns previously.) Even if she’s a shitty person, it’s important to respect her pronouns. Caitlin Jenner is also a shitty person, but I’d never deny the fact she’s a woman. Kind of a sticking point for me as a trans woman myself.
Whoops... Yeah, you're right. Tbh, I've always had a hard time remembering stuff like that... sorry :( .

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:01 am

SaiyamanMS wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:49 am She’s trans, right? (I know nothing about Sonichu and have no desire to, but I’m pretty sure I’ve read that before and you did refer to her with female pronouns previously.) Even if she’s a shitty person, it’s important to respect her pronouns. Caitlin Jenner is also a shitty person, but I’d never deny the fact she’s a woman. Kind of a sticking point for me as a trans woman myself.
Having known a trans person for a good period of time, the pronoun stuff is confusing and can vary from person to person, both in regards to the preferred noun to use, and especially the tolerance for using the wrong one (something which she readily acknowledged). Personally, while I do try to use the preferred nounage, I think it's dickish for a trans person to get offended over genuine mistakes considering how new this is for everyone, unless it's somehow become common knowledge for the general public. It's kinda like plugging in a USB: we're all going to get the right, wrong and right option in our attempts to get it correct!

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 pm
To be fair, isn't that guy a racist, sexist creep known for doing some pretty awful stuff?
She's very clearly mentally ill. Think along the lines of Terry A. Davis.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:00 am

KBABZ wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:01 am Having known a trans person for a good period of time, the pronoun stuff is confusing and can vary from person to person, both in regards to the preferred noun to use, and especially the tolerance for using the wrong one (something which she readily acknowledged). Personally, while I do try to use the preferred nounage, I think it's dickish for a trans person to get offended over genuine mistakes considering how new this is for everyone, unless it's somehow become common knowledge for the general public. It's kinda like plugging in a USB: we're all going to get the right, wrong and right option in our attempts to get it correct!
most trans people i know, and especially myself, are more so annoyed with how big of a deal some people make of it. obviously it varies person to person, but i don't know i've always gotten more annoyed at the people who make it like, a HUGE deal when they do it. it just makes it so much more awkward than if they just apologized and corrected themselves. but obviously ymmv heavily depending on how bad your dysphoria is, how far you are in your transition, your relationship with the person, etc etc.

now obviously if you purposefully misgender someone, that's just extremely shitty, and makes you not worth talking to in my eyes.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am

With regards to me, since I'm still early in my transition, I do get misgendered a lot even when I'm wearing lip stain and turning the mannerisms up to 11. I experience it like a sharpened pencil stabbing my palm, so if I have the courage in the moment I'll correct the person. With co-workers it's a much different thing. I've been out for three months. My name badge says 'Julie', I regularly use my--albeit shitty--girl voice and I'm constantly talking about how much I love being a girl or trans. Fuck, I'm wearing a pronoun name badge I bought off of Amazon. Unfortunately, a lot of them are cunts and get upset when I correct them. This happened yesterday before work and before I could even finish my sentence two of them went on a tirade about my legal name not being changed yet, something they do regularly. It's harassment and at twice my age they should know better.

Shit, I'm using the girls lavatory now at work, I don't want to be misgendered or deadnamed! >_<

EDIT: Also, never misgender or deadname someone you don't like. It's dehumanizing and wrong. Being a bigot is being a bigot.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am With regards to me, since I'm still early in my transition, I do get misgendered a lot even when I'm wearing lip stain and turning the mannerisms up to 11. I experience it like a sharpened pencil stabbing my palm, so if I have the courage in the moment I'll correct the person. With co-workers it's a much different thing. I've been out for three months. My name badge says 'Julie', I regularly use my--albeit shitty--girl voice and I'm constantly talking about how much I love being a girl or trans. Fuck, I'm wearing a pronoun name badge I bought off of Amazon. Unfortunately, a lot of them are cunts and get upset when I correct them. This happened yesterday before work and before I could even finish my sentence two of them went on a tirade about my legal name not being changed yet, something they do regularly. It's harassment and at twice my age they should know better.

Shit, I'm using the girls lavatory now at work, I don't want to be misgendered or deadnamed! >_<

EDIT: Also, never misgender or deadname someone you don't like. It's dehumanizing and wrong. Being a bigot is being a bigot.
Yeah that's super shitty, sorry you have to deal with that.

On the recent case developments... holy shit, Vic's team is handling this so poorly it's amazing. My favourite part of this shitfight is that this is Vic's lawsuit. He brought this to court, everyone else was happy with him being kept out of places where he could abuse his power to endanger others. And his entire team, himself included, is completely un-fucking-prepared to deal with the law.

Him sitting there having to say it's not inappropriate at all for a 56 year old man to kiss 14 year olds is just incredulous. Especially when the framing around it makes it very obvious to anyone reading, or involved in the case, that he's completely bullshitting. The dementia-acting is something I wouldn't have believed if it was relayed second-hand.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:20 am

Saiga wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 am Him sitting there having to say it's not inappropriate at all for a 56 year old man to kiss 14 year olds is just incredulous. Especially when the framing around it makes it very obvious to anyone reading, or involved in the case, that he's completely bullshitting. The dementia-acting is something I wouldn't have believed if it was relayed second-hand.
Even with the context, you never ever ever ever use the defense of "but the 14-year-old wanted it" for anything, ever.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am

We really need something better to talk about. This barely has anything to do with Dragon Ball at this point.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 am

I come in here every so often to see what's going on with the case and it seems like Vic has a Barry Zuckerkorn level lawyer. My parents are in a legal battle with the former owner of their company and his lawyer is incompetent. Even so, we're paying a ton of money to fight this ridiculous lawsuit. My heart goes out to innocent person put in a similar situation. Vic is clearly not one of them, so yay for dicks having to pay hefty legal bills.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:48 pm Hoo boy -- so Greg's gotten a hold of Monica/Ron's latest motion ("Motion to Determine the Scope of Anti-SLAPP stay"), and while I'm not aware if the full document's available anywhere (EDIT: It's here), the details he's sharing -- which apparently includes stuff from Vic's deposition -- are, um, telling.

Calling his comments on Rekieta's GoFundMe "shameless" would be an understatement. This is the guy people want to stand behind?
Thanks for the links, now I have something to read tonight.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:17 pm

excelhedge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm Thanks for the links, now I have something to read tonight.
Always a pleasure :thumbup: !

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:10 am

Anyone got links to the video Ron Toye's disposition? I would like to watch it without Rikieta or some other youtuber constantly interrupting it.

https://youtu.be/f8h9VT9Ifm0