"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 pm

I feel like I've had this problem before, but can't remember for sure - is anyone else not finding the new DLC available for purchase on PSN yet? It's about to be 2 PM my time pretty soon, surely it should have been put up already by now.

Edit: And of course shortly after I post this, it finally shows up, gah.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Apologies for the double post, but it won't let me edit now (too much time's passed), and there were a couple of things.

First off, in case anyone needs them, I found the Ultimate Finish requirements for the new PQ's.

Secondly, I noticed that Broly from Super is in PQ 134 at least, and he may be in some of the others, not sure. It sounds like it's just re-used Vic audio from before everything started to go down from what I can tell, but I'd be curious if anyone else notices that they're new lines and had any clue as to who they might be.

And finally, all five of those PQ's are how you get the new skills, Super Souls, and most of the outfit pieces and accessories, but I'm not finding where you'd get the new Sumo and Boxer outfits. Has anything been said about those? ...Is it Raid BS again?

Oh! One final thing, actually - two of our new skills are actually new charge moves. I don't know which one is which yet, but they're called Ultimate Charge and Burst Charge, and the two descriptions in the Skills List are as follows - 'Charge your Ki! Your Ki recovery speed will be slow at first, but the longer you charge, the faster your Ki will recover. Use this technique when you want to charge a large amount of Ki.' and 'Charge your Ki! You can recover Ki at an explosive speed, but only for a limited time. The longer you charge, the slower your Ki recovers. Use this technique when you want to charge your Ki quickly.' I've basically stuck to Maximum Charge ever since I got it (hell, if it was in Xenoverse 1, I think that's one of the moves I transferred over just because I knew I was going to need that thing), but both of these sound like they could actually be pretty handy too. I'll be curious to see how they play.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:53 pm

There is a set of UP including 1 and 2, confirming there will be 5 characters total, so we are getting only two more this year. I hope is some form of Broly (Base to fight God Vegeta? or armored SS), Hakaishin Toppo to fight SSBE Vegeta?

I can kiss goodbye FP Jiren and Omen Goku, that thing is certain.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Ok, I just tested SSBE Vegeta's Final Explosion: 29930 damage! it one-shot Broly!!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 pm

With the better stats and new Super Souls, characters like Bardock have become top tier. Not only is he fast, but with the right Super Soul, he just smashes other characters down. And can't forget the backhit he, Goku, and Gohan share. Brutal.

And Broly. Geez. And Videl, I was able to do PQ 127 (I think it was, the one with Blue Vegeta and SSJ4 Vegeta at the start) with her.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:59 pm

The new Vegetas are very OP, but fun.

The new PQs are too OP and frustrating. :wtf:

Haven't had a chance to try out Ribrianne yet though.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:59 pm The new Vegetas are very OP, but fun.

The new PQs are too OP and frustrating. :wtf:

Haven't had a chance to try out Ribrianne yet though.
Your Going to Really Enjoy Ribrianne in the Game, I am still blown away with how Right on Point they got her down to the Finest Detail about her style, look and powers. :thumbup:

Been playing since the DLC came out, Bandai got her down to the finest detail, even her basic Ki-Blasts are Heart Shaped and her callouts of her attacks are right on point.

I know I am a Big Fan of Hers, but she is such Fun to Play and has a fun playstyle to her and been hearing to same from many others online, So Enjoy. 8)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Ribrianne is different, and a pain to deal with when she spams her ultimate in the PQ.

For SSBE, what's the consensus so far? I know it does a ton of damage and regens stamina at an incredible rate, but the ki drain takes an awful lot to counter at the best of times, making it a temp transformation even with things like Meditation.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:18 pmFor SSBE, what's the consensus so far?
I think they did a good job with him. If you get his self destruction ultimate right you can kill whoever you're fighting, even if they're at full health. It can also kill multiple fighters at the same time. His other ultimate is easy to pull off which makes it convenient to use.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm

sintzu wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:05 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:18 pmFor SSBE, what's the consensus so far?
I think they did a good job with him. If you get his self destruction ultimate right you can kill whoever you're fighting, even if they're at full health. It can also kill multiple fighters at the same time. His other ultimate is easy to pull off which makes it convenient to use.
I meant the transformation...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm
sintzu wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:05 pm
I meant the transformation...
:oops:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:27 am

Been trying out UI Goku since the update...

I think X2 has a new best character. He just does so much damage so fast, not to mention, he's incredibly quick and his ultimate is very easy to pull off. His only real drawback is his low health.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Majin Buu mentor, with Cookie Beam and the one Super Soul that constantly fills the Ki, with the stats for health into the dark green, makes him a BEAST. And fun too. I like to call it "Buu's Poo Attack!"

For obvious reasons.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:19 pm

I wanted to buy the new DLC, but PS store is listing only 19 add ons and Vegeta and Ribrianne are nowhere at store?! Was there some licensing issue? Was it a limited thing? How come that it is unnavailable, it should have been releases for a week already :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Anyone else having trouble getting Ultimate Charge or Burst Charge to drop from PQ 134? I can't tell if it's just a bad drop rate I'm going up against, or if there's something more specific (like do they drop off of certain characters, or only from Ultimate Finishes, or what).
Twitter

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:36 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 pm Anyone else having trouble getting Ultimate Charge or Burst Charge to drop from PQ 134? I can't tell if it's just a bad drop rate I'm going up against, or if there's something more specific (like do they drop off of certain characters, or only from Ultimate Finishes, or what).
Uh, I think (SSBE) Vegeta and (UI) Gokuu drop those (You got Skill!). I can be mistaken tho. I got both the second time I played the PQ with both Ki Charge Attacks as reward.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:31 pm Anyone else having trouble getting Ultimate Charge or Burst Charge to drop from PQ 134? I can't tell if it's just a bad drop rate I'm going up against, or if there's something more specific (like do they drop off of certain characters, or only from Ultimate Finishes, or what).
RNG is always a pain. Luckily, I got Ultimate Charge on my second go through.

But ToP, when you hit all the criteria and you face Jiren, SSBE Vegeta, and MUI Goku, MUI Goku is SUCH a pain to deal with. Only CaC I've been able to beat him with is my Golden Frieza Race character. Elegant Blast and charged ki blast are the only way to go there.

Also: UI Goku, when his Super Soul activates, is BEAST. Kind of need to watch the damage, but holy crap does he rock.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 pm

I got a Z without even getting to fight the final guys in the last PQ. :crazy:

To deal with MUI Goku I go with a full stamina SSBE Final Explosion, after that he has little left so is basically a tap-in.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Thanks for the tips, Xaroc and Jackalope. Guess I'll just have to keep grinding and hope for the best. I've gotten a chunk of stuff I need, but there's still something needed in all of the new PQ's at the moment.

I did finally try out Fu's Super Soul as I heard it'd work wonders and make SSB and SSBE worth it, and holy crap has that made things somewhat easier (before I'd been relying on Super Vegeta and one of it's related Super Souls that made ki blast techniques hit way harder). Now with that boost, and bringing one of a select couple of pairs of helpers (either two Piccolo's with the healing Super Soul attached; two Towas so they'll revive each other, or a UI Goku and a SSBE Vegeta just for tank purposes), the grind isn't near as hard as it'd be otherwise, it's just the tediousness of it all.
Twitter

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:16 pm Thanks for the tips, Xaroc and Jackalope. Guess I'll just have to keep grinding and hope for the best. I've gotten a chunk of stuff I need, but there's still something needed in all of the new PQ's at the moment.

I did finally try out Fu's Super Soul as I heard it'd work wonders and make SSB and SSBE worth it, and holy crap has that made things somewhat easier (before I'd been relying on Super Vegeta and one of it's related Super Souls that made ki blast techniques hit way harder). Now with that boost, and bringing one of a select couple of pairs of helpers (either two Piccolo's with the healing Super Soul attached; two Towas so they'll revive each other, or a UI Goku and a SSBE Vegeta just for tank purposes), the grind isn't near as hard as it'd be otherwise, it's just the tediousness of it all.
Meditation is a great counter against the drain on regular SS Blue, combined with Kale's Super Soul (the one that boosts both physical and ki attacks) makes Blue hit like a train. Plus Meditation lasts for about a minute, longer than most other such boosts.

Haven't really messed with Blue Evolved yet though.