"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:11 pm

HeroR wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least they're funny. Piccolo now is officially stronger than Hit! And SsjB Goku surpasses Jiren by far!

How are you making such a comparison when Jiren never fought Hearts. The most he did was hold Jiren down with his gravity while he was fighting Cumber and that's it. Jiren wasn't even trying in all his appearance since he did none of his moves from the TOP.
You must've missed the scene where Hearts laughs at Jiren and just traps him in one of his cubes.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:11 pm
HeroR wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:16 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least they're funny. Piccolo now is officially stronger than Hit! And SsjB Goku surpasses Jiren by far!

How are you making such a comparison when Jiren never fought Hearts. The most he did was hold Jiren down with his gravity while he was fighting Cumber and that's it. Jiren wasn't even trying in all his appearance since he did none of his moves from the TOP.
You must've missed the scene where Hearts laughs at Jiren and just traps him in one of his cubes.
Just before Hearts ran away and Goku never got trapped in a cube so we can't even compare if he could get out of one or not.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm

DNA wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:31 am Xeno Goten never got past base, why would Xeno Pan be any different? Don't hold your breath.

Is this normal Super Saiyan Blue or Evolved? I cannot read moonspeak.

Is this Super Saiyan 4 Kaioken Gogeta or just regular Super Saiyan 4?
It's normal SSB. SSB Gogeta's Super Attack is "Stardust Fall."

That's just regular S4. As others have already mentioned, it's XGogeta that receives S4 Kaioken.
Noitsnothim wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm Expect a load of new Dialogues from the new chapters of the Demon Saga and Universal War or conflict

I hope rakurai will continue to do the translations for UM9
I will. I've been busy with traveling and and personal stuff lately so I haven't had any time post or share my thoughts on the latest SDBH developments. But I still keep up with it. If anything I'll continue to do translations but might not be posting much. :(
Grimlock wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:46 pm Alright, I would call GT Goku as SEC a total waste, until I saw this. They actually remade Goku's transformations and it is really cool. :thumbup:

Now if only Dimps did more of these stuff. I'd like to see some scenes remade, like Bardock's Super Saiyan transformation, any Super Saiyan 2 transformation sequence...
HOLY- they remade this scene?

This is literally the first time it's been done in any video game or media I think. Once upon a time I was hoping they would add it for FighterZ but they missed that opportunity so ofc it'd be done in Heroes.

That's dope. I mean on Heroes it looks like shit compared to the top but still dope lol. Also it seems like they've updated S4 Goku's model, his eyes are more sharp and his hair is slightly more realistic (as in it looks weighed down).

Here's a comparison of the old and new model from the same post thread (also this S4 GT Goku's Super Attack is Meteor Strike): https://twitter.com/jPBl283M9InP1wC/sta ... 0170825730

Also one of the posts remarked that GT S4 Goku became pretty hot and handsome. :lol:
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:16 pm

Goku's SS4 model looks like its been updated, which is pretty cool, its more rounded and natural looking than before.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:25 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:14 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MmavNnf5o

What's this about?
lol at seeing Yamcha amongst the God tiers of DBS.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:14 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7MmavNnf5o

What's this about?
Collect voting tickets by completing in-game missions and then use those tickets to vote on a UR card that you want to be reprinted in UM11.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Oh, so they will extend the Universe Mission series, huh? That breaks the pattern "8-10", though.

All my expectations change a bit and I was really hoping to see the beginning of a new series in November.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Maybe it's just me but this past 2 missions of Demon Realm from 8 to the current one have felt kinda......bland?, the 7th one introduced so many new things at once, then 8 only gave us Xeno Gohan SS4 which is cool but he already had the form before and it was the only thing, now in the current one we only have Xeno Pan which is also cool but i expected more considering this come out every 2 months, i hope something interesting happens on the chapter of the arcade at least.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Starting to work on the Demon realm story right now, should have the translation sometime this weekend. I'll probably work on the Universe Survival mission sometime next weekend.
Goresh wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm

What's this about?
Collect voting tickets by completing in-game missions and then use those tickets to vote on a UR card that you want to be reprinted in UM11.
Yep, you can also get charge points in game which will net you rewards based on the list that's shown. You get more voting tickets and charge points based on the mission (normal, battle, bonus) which you do.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pm

And the UVM 9 Descent of the Demon gods arc is translated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... edit?pli=1#

It's pretty much a straightforward mission for the player, not too much development in terms of dialogue. XPan had such an underwhelming role in the story. More interesting is that XGohan recognizes Garlic Jr.'s castle and XGoku recognizes Tapion, so I guess they've pretty much been through those events. Really been liking XGoten's personality throughout SDBH, it's so serious, confident, and domineering, the Goten we all need but don't deserve. Robelu being the #1 secretary as expected of her as well.

Really surprised that S4-KK XGogeta didn't make an appearance in the dialogue, I thought for sure he was gonna be involved in the all-out battle vs. the Demon gods + Dark Gogeta, but he wasn't even support. Though in-game battles are usually considered vague in terms of story content so anything could have happened to make Time Patrol-Demigra win (and again, this is why base XGoku isn't necessarily on par with Xeno Si Xing Long when they fought against each other and Goku didn't transform in-dialogue. It's quite evident across the missions to seal the gates here as well, the characters don't even transform in-dialogue even though the Demon gods should be much stronger than their bases).

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Maybe they're stretching the story out a bit, considering that Universe Mission is confirmed up to an 11th update so far. What if the Demon Realm missions of UM8 and UM9 were originally a part of the same story but split due to the extension of the series?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Goresh wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm Collect voting tickets by completing in-game missions and then use those tickets to vote on a UR card that you want to be reprinted in UM11.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:40 pm Starting to work on the Demon realm story right now, should have the translation sometime this weekend. I'll probably work on the Universe Survival mission sometime next weekend.
Goresh wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm Yep, you can also get charge points in game which will net you rewards based on the list that's shown. You get more voting tickets and charge points based on the mission (normal, battle, bonus) which you do.
That's pretty neat! And UMV11? I wasn't expecting that! Thank you so much for the explanation you two!
Rakurai wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pm And the UVM 9 Descent of the Demon gods arc is translated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pB7 ... edit?pli=1#

It's pretty much a straightforward mission for the player, not too much development in terms of dialogue. XPan had such an underwhelming role in the story. More interesting is that XGohan recognizes Garlic Jr.'s castle and XGoku recognizes Tapion, so I guess they've pretty much been through those events. Really been liking XGoten's personality throughout SDBH, it's so serious, confident, and domineering, the Goten we all need but don't deserve. Robelu being the #1 secretary as expected of her as well.

Really surprised that S4-KK XGogeta didn't make an appearance in the dialogue, I thought for sure he was gonna be involved in the all-out battle vs. the Demon gods + Dark Gogeta, but he wasn't even support. Though in-game battles are usually considered vague in terms of story content so anything could have happened to make Time Patrol-Demigra win (and again, this is why base XGoku isn't necessarily on par with Xeno Si Xing Long when they fought against each other and Goku didn't transform in-dialogue. It's quite evident across the missions to seal the gates here as well, the characters don't even transform in-dialogue even though the Demon gods should be much stronger than their bases).
Well, you weren't kidding, XPan was pretty underwhelming story-wise. Especially because it seems she came from nowhere, ah well. I always thought that GT already considered the films as canon, so is nice to see that at leats one version is confirmed to be like that. The complete lack of dialogue with the villains working with the Demon Gods is pretty disappointing tho. Very weird that Gogeta Xeno doesn't appear, I thought it would be like with V4. Hopefully, he will be part of theplot in UMV10
Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52 pm

Another interesting thing, I think this may be the first time we've actually gotten DBS characters in the Demon realm story? Well, technically Z if we go by the film. We got Tagoma, Sorbet, and Shisami, obviously Towa's gate's theme is based on the Resurrection F crew and so I assume around that timeline. Not sure if the FF Frieza he battles is a transformation type (to Golden Frieza) in-game tho.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:28 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pmMore interesting is that XGohan recognizes Garlic Jr.'s castle and XGoku recognizes Tapion.
It's easier to place the movies and Dragon Ball GT in the same dimension, rather than stating each one of them happens in a different one. Nice that Dimps thinks the same and provided even more official evidences.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pmReally been liking XGoten's personality throughout SDBH, it's so serious, confident, and domineering, the Goten we all need but don't deserve.
If Goten "lacks transformations", it is compensated by having his own personality throughout Heroes games. It's really wonderful to see Goten being better used here, unlike in some other media... GmGoken would probably like it too.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:03 am

I think rhey are saving ssj4 KK Gogeta for something big, probably for mechikabura. One of the trailers presented the cards as if both Mechikabura and Gogeta were going to face each other.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:44 am

Went through whatever was available of the UVM9 Universe Survival arc. Outline:
  • Setting is in U7.
  • Fuu brings over Metal Cooler. Metal Cooler can turn Golden.
  • Fuu leaves immediately because he says it'd be bad if Hearts read his heart.
  • Metal Cooler seems to be obsessed with Cumber for some reason.
  • Jiren and Hit are present, through a request by Shin. Jiren claims that what Hearts did to U11 is a sin too big.
  • KamiOren vs Goku, Jiren, and Hit.
  • Super Hearts and S3 Cumber vs. Goku, Jiren, Hit, and Golden Metal Cooler. GM Cooler overheats after the battle.
  • Hearts with the same rambling about how his Universe Seed will be completed and his ambitions fulfilled.
No sign of No. 17 or Piccolo in the dialogue, but the Legend clear does require the player to use them so I guess that's how they're involved.

Also I haven't watched the latest SDBH promotional anime episode, but from what I've seen of clips SSB Goku fights Super Hearts alone...? Yeah no lol, in the arcade Super Hearts and S3 Cumber fight Goku, Jiren, Hit, and Golden Metal Cooler all at the same time. Super Hearts is that strong (or not that weak, whichever way you look at it).

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:44 am Went through whatever was available of the UVM9 Universe Survival arc. Outline:
  • Setting is in U7.
  • Fuu brings over Metal Cooler. Metal Cooler can turn Golden.
  • Fuu leaves immediately because he says it'd be bad if Hearts read his heart.
  • Metal Cooler seems to be obsessed with Cumber for some reason.
  • Jiren and Hit are present, through a request by Shin. Jiren claims that what Hearts did to U11 is a sin too big.
  • KamiOren vs Goku, Jiren, and Hit.
  • Super Hearts and S3 Cumber vs. Goku, Jiren, Hit, and Golden Metal Cooler. GM Cooler overheats after the battle.
  • Hearts with the same rambling about how his Universe Seed will be completed and his ambitions fulfilled.
No sign of No. 17 or Piccolo in the dialogue, but the Legend clear does require the player to use them so I guess that's how they're involved.

Also I haven't watched the latest SDBH promotional anime episode, but from what I've seen of clips SSB Goku fights Super Hearts alone...? Yeah no lol, in the arcade Super Hearts and S3 Cumber fight Goku, Jiren, Hit, and Golden Metal Cooler all at the same time. Super Hearts is that strong (or not that weak, whichever way you look at it).
So Cumber's easily at Broly: BR level then ? also I assume Hit & Jiren will appear during the second to last episode of this saga in the promo anime to fight against Super hearts once he breaks his limits (He still isn't going all out) think he's got one or two more transformations under his belt

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:28 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pmMore interesting is that XGohan recognizes Garlic Jr.'s castle and XGoku recognizes Tapion.
It's easier to place the movies and Dragon Ball GT in the same dimension, rather than stating each one of them happens in a different one. Nice that Dimps thinks the same and provided even more official evidences.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pmReally been liking XGoten's personality throughout SDBH, it's so serious, confident, and domineering, the Goten we all need but don't deserve.
If Goten "lacks transformations", it is compensated by having his own personality throughout Heroes games. It's really wonderful to see Goten being better used here, unlike in some other media... GmGoken would probably like it too.
Well, Daizenshuu 6 (or was it 7?) does place most of the films in different dimensions. Hard to say really, but even tho we can sort of piece the Time Patrol's backgrounds based on hints and references, it's still rather vague and there's really no explicit confirmation. For example, even tho we know XGoku has met Tapion before, it's not exactly clear that XGohan/Vegeta/Goten have. Certainly, XTrunks shouldn't have unless during his apocalyptic timeline he met Tapion. It's like what Cipher mentioned previously somewhere in the thread, the Time Patrol are the modern incarnation of classic DBZ/GT without getting too much into the specifics.

I assume Goten and Gohan are both Ultimate, since that should be their default after UVM3. Yep, Goten's personality is clearly distinct from his dad and bro: Goku is cheerful and goofy, Gohan is serious, calm, and collected, Goten is serious and feisty. In fact all Time Patrol members have clearly distinct personalities, which I've really been enjoying.
Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:45 pm Maybe they're stretching the story out a bit, considering that Universe Mission is confirmed up to an 11th update so far. What if the Demon Realm missions of UM8 and UM9 were originally a part of the same story but split due to the extension of the series?
I would say it's unlikely since UVM7-8 cover the same section (featuring Dark Gogeta), whereas UVM9 goes straight into the Demon realm. It would make more sense for UVM7-8 to have been part of the same story, but most likely it's all been planned. Despite previous mission patterns, nothing says we can't have more UVMs beyond 10 since there was never any official statement regarding how many there would be.
Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 am So Cumber's easily at Broly: BR level then ? also I assume Hit & Jiren will appear during the second to last episode of this saga in the promo anime to fight against Super hearts once he breaks his limits (He still isn't going all out) think he's got one or two more transformations under his belt
If you want to get into hypothetical powerscaling discussions. Broly: BR's level is somewhere at or above post-ToP S1 Gogeta but below SSB Gogeta. S1 Cumber already established himself to be solidly around post-ToP SSB Vegetto's level way back in UVM3, who should be more or less around SSB Gogeta (assuming both fusions give the same relative boost according to official material).

Therefore by scaling, I would say S1 Cumber already had FP-SSJ Broly: BR beat, especially S3 Cumber at that.