Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 am

KingKaash wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am Art and animation were great in Episode 13! And I was waiting to see what it would take to break out of Heart's Gravity Burst because it even kept Jiren down. All it took was Goku unleashing his SSJB power so I was a little disappointed by that. But I get that it's promotional anime so there's no real storytelling here. It would've made more sense for Goku to use Kaio-Ken to break free but oh well.

I still don't get how Hearts will be able to challenge Zeno if he's only even with SSJB Goku. Probably has to do with the Universe Seed I'm guessing
Isn't the guy who was fighting on par with Jiren getting annihilated by Piccolo and 17?

Yeah, storytelling that is coherent isn't exactly what the show is going for. Cool shit will be cool though.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:54 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:36 am
KingKaash wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am Art and animation were great in Episode 13! And I was waiting to see what it would take to break out of Heart's Gravity Burst because it even kept Jiren down. All it took was Goku unleashing his SSJB power so I was a little disappointed by that. But I get that it's promotional anime so there's no real storytelling here. It would've made more sense for Goku to use Kaio-Ken to break free but oh well.

I still don't get how Hearts will be able to challenge Zeno if he's only even with SSJB Goku. Probably has to do with the Universe Seed I'm guessing
Isn't the guy who was fighting on par with Jiren getting annihilated by Piccolo and 17?

Yeah, storytelling that is coherent isn't exactly what the show is going for. Cool shit will be cool though.
The merged Baby Clone didn't fight Jiren. He fought Baby Vegeta 2 and was barely trying. In fact, none of Heart's crew did a thing against Jiren.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm

Isn't the new episode coming out tomorrow?

Anyway, just wanted to say for the last episode that it was very good. This is a promo anime but I still think that many questions could be answered.

Hopefully, they might want to implement all these new features in the continuation of Super, thus not giving attention to the detail.
P O W E R

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm Isn't the new episode coming out tomorrow?
For once, they not only gave us a date, but a time, too! It will start streaming Sunday July 28th at 4:30pm Japan time.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:07 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:38 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:23 pm Isn't the new episode coming out tomorrow?
For once, they not only gave us a date, but a time, too! It will start streaming Sunday July 28th at 4:30pm Japan time.
Talk about them caring for us. So it seems like a promo anime with 14 8-minute eps took a year to complete. Cool
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:42 am

Just watched the new ep.
It is SDBH. It was a moderate ep. The next one ought to be good, I hope...
P O W E R

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:42 am

Aaaah that's the SDBH I know. Underwhelming and not really interesting. Last time gave quite a scare with actual quality, but we're back to basics now if this time is anything to go by. But in all seriousness it was nice to kinda sorta get a 17/Piccolo thing...for a bit longer before we go back to the usual schedule. Not really a fan of this concept though as giant fights don't tend to be very good. They usually aren't interesting even in the normal series. So I don't really look much forward to see another one. Unless they'll finally realize going balls to the wall with a giant fight is the way to go, instead of just having the giants just stumble a little bit a keel from attacks. Go all ham and send them flying, for lack of a better phrase, go all Superman on it or something and do something cool.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:50 am

Remember when Lagss fodderized UI Omen? Why they're making a big deal out of it again :lol:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:14 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:50 am Remember when Lagss fodderized UI Omen? Why they're making a big deal out of it again :lol:
Tbh, I got disappointed a little. With what? That Cumber's relationship with the Super Saiyan Gods and possibly Yamoshi was never touched upon again. And with Lagss' backstory. She was interesting imo. And we got nothing with her.
P O W E R

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:30 am

Xeogran wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:50 am Remember when Lagss fodderized UI Omen? Why they're making a big deal out of it again :lol:
To be fair, A LOT of people still misinterpret that scene. Omen Goku kinda defeated himself more than Lagss, using up the rest of the form's power to dissipate the one large crystal which reverted him to base form, at which point Lagss actually DID fodderize him.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:58 am

Nice to see that SBDH has returned to being an uninteresting dumpster fire again.

But in all seriousness, this episode was a total bore. Dragon Ball can do battles against gigantic characters very well, as seen in the 23rd WMAT, Saiyan arc and even in Dragon Ball Super, so having a battles against gigantic character being that dull is inexcusable. And it always pains me to see how how they waste the mystique of Ultra Instinct on the trash tier villains they have in SDBH. Save that shit for later.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:17 am

It's actually kind of sad that they're already using Ultra Instinct again. What I loved about the form originally (before Heroes) was how it felt like it was a form that we won't have to constantly see, that made it special. Goku didn't actually use the form in DBS: Broly, nor did he do it in the current Moro Arc as of this post, and it looks like he probably won't.

Oh well.

Also, Kazuya Karasawa (the guy who storyboarded Heroes episodes 12 and 13) was absent from storyboarding episode 14, as Yamamuro returned to do the job... and now we're all seeing that result. Come on Yammy.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:55 pm

Goku trained with Daishinkan and had pretty much controlled Omen, gotten a new gi and all, and a couple of weeks later he is just blue against the final boss. We gotta love that kind of I don't give a damn attitude from Toei's staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Far as I can tell, Goku training with Grande Padre is mere fan canon. Neither the game nor the manga say anything about training, rather, Grande Padre simply healed Goku, gave him new clothes and sent him to the battle field.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:07 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:48 pm Far as I can tell, Goku training with Grande Padre is mere fan canon. Neither the game nor the manga say anything about training, rather, Grande Padre simply healed Goku, gave him new clothes and sent him to the battle field.
Given how all this happened after Goku reverted to Base from using MUI for the first time after the tournament and how he used Omen immediately upon arriving at the battle, I would only say that the Grand Priest congratulated him for achieving the state. Perhaps he provided instructions? Friendly advice? Perhaps not. But I doubt that he wouldn't touch upon the subject of Ultra Instinct with him, while together. No training tho.
P O W E R

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:07 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:48 pm Far as I can tell, Goku training with Grande Padre is mere fan canon. Neither the game nor the manga say anything about training, rather, Grande Padre simply healed Goku, gave him new clothes and sent him to the battle field.
Given how all this happened after Goku reverted to Base from using MUI for the first time after the tournament and how he used Omen immediately upon arriving at the battle, I would only say that the Grand Priest congratulated him for achieving the state. Perhaps he provided instructions? Friendly advice? Perhaps not. But I doubt that he wouldn't touch upon the subject of Ultra Instinct with him, while together. No training tho.
Daishinkan: 'Hey, it's just a promo anime, so here's the secret to Ultra Instinct, go wild.'
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Also, the twins were beating Hit individually, yet their fused form is losing to Piccolo and 17.

I also wonder if Piccolo hadn't dodged that powerup, he could have intercepted it and gained the Universe Seed power himself... now that would have made this episode good.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm

This series has even more retarded power scaling than DBS (it seems it's actually possible), although i can forgive such short and, remember, only promotional anime. Especially considering this series actually has some cool antagonists. Still, #17 and Piccolo doing good against Kamioren is total bs. Remember, Vegeta needed SSJBE to beat them.

Speaking of antagonists, Kamioren's new form is just awful. I prefered them unfused to begin with, but regular Kamioren was still cool. Too bad they will probably die next episode and they'll probably die by Goku's hand. They should give this one to Vegeta for once. Especially considering Tuffles were his enemy, at least in their universe.

Fights in this episode were nowhere as good as in the last one (it will be hard to beat this by anything DB related tbh) but it was still good. I only wish Xeno characters returned or at least appear in next story. I'd also like to see Towa.

Anyway, i'm enjoying this arc. If i were to compare it to DBS i'd probably place it below Moro arc and above all the other arcs. Hearts, Laggs and Kamin/Oren are really cool. Plot isn't that good tho, it's pretty basic, but hey, it's based on video game. I'm still mad they didn't show Kefla in anime.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Goku lost UI before Lagss even touched him. So how did she fodderized it? In fact, Goku was in his base form when Lagss hurt him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:10 pm

HeroR wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm
Goku lost UI before Lagss even touched him. So how did she fodderized it? In fact, Goku was in his base form when Lagss hurt him.
Well okay, I didn't notice it before.