Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 am

Alright, so I've been refraining from asking this, but... A while ago, I got blocked from Dominique's Twitter. I'm assuming it was an accident, or they might've accidentally mistook me for a VicStan when I was interviewing one of her friends, and accidentally drew a whole mess of people onto her Twitter...

...But in any case, I'm not getting any of the news on her Twitter. Would someone mind linking them whenever they come up? I hate being out of the loop!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:03 am

Vic tried to have a threesome with two twins....

This guy has to be a caricature,

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:28 am

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 am Alright, so I've been refraining from asking this, but... A while ago, I got blocked from Dominique's Twitter. I'm assuming it was an accident, or they might've accidentally mistook me for a VicStan when I was interviewing one of her friends, and accidentally drew a whole mess of people onto her Twitter...

...But in any case, I'm not getting any of the news on her Twitter. Would someone mind linking them whenever they come up? I hate being out of the loop!
That would be this:
ssj4 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:03 am Vic tried to have a threesome with two twins....

This guy has to be a caricature,

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:26 am Would someone mind linking them whenever they come up? I hate being out of the loop!
Or you can just open an incognito window and look at the twitter. Or just sign out of your account. Or just open up another browser.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Wait, so let me get this right - Vic's DEFENSE released that clip? As in, they seem to think it's going to help their case or Vic's reputation? ...Did anyone else just feel their brain crack? That's just...I...wow. Okay.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm Wait, so let me get this right - Vic's DEFENSE released that clip? As in, they seem to think it's going to help their case or Vic's reputation? ...Did anyone else just feel their brain crack? That's just...I...wow. Okay.
Wait, what video are you referring to?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:25 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm Wait, so let me get this right - Vic's DEFENSE released that clip? As in, they seem to think it's going to help their case or Vic's reputation? ...Did anyone else just feel their brain crack? That's just...I...wow. Okay.
This, which was in a post on the previous page by Mr.Saturn99.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 pm
I could barely make out what the guy was asking him. Was he really asking Mignogna if he would have a threesome with twins? I mean, don’t get me wrong, Mignogna’s response was terrible if that’s the case, but what would prompt someone to even ask a question like that to begin with? Is Vic Mignogna known for having threesomes with siblings?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 pm
I could barely make out what the guy was asking him. Was he really asking Mignogna if he would have a threesome with twins? I mean, don’t get me wrong, Mignogna’s response was terrible if that’s the case, but what would prompt someone to even ask a question like that to begin with? Is Vic Mignogna known for having threesomes with siblings?
Yeah, the audio's pretty awful - I had to pop in headphones to understand it.

I could be wrong here, but my assumption is that this must be a part of the deposition where they're going over some of the various stories and charges against Vic over the years and getting his response to them, to judge his behavior in response to see how they hold up against his own accusation of people 'defaming' him.
Twitter

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:58 pm

TKA wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:16 pm Or you can just open an incognito window and look at the twitter. Or just sign out of your account. Or just open up another browser.
Ah, I didn't think of that! Thanks TKA!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Well, his lawyer seemingly did... I bristle a bit at using the word "defense" anywhere near Vic, because he's the one doing all this.

And yep, there was some damaging stuff in those videos for him, including some downright case-breaking stuff according to "LawTwitter"... Vic not knowing that he's looking for monetary damages suggests that he's not involved in his own case, and in another deposition his lawyer plainly stated that the defense believe their allegedly "defamatory" comments to be true, meaning that actual malice can't apply. To say nothing of Vic repeatedly saying he thinks it's no big deal for a man in his 50s to kiss underage girls he doesn't know. :sick:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Bryesque wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 pm
Well, his lawyer seemingly did... I bristle a bit at using the word "defense" anywhere near Vic, because he's the one doing all this.

And yep, there was some damaging stuff in those videos for him, including some downright case-breaking stuff according to "LawTwitter"... Vic not knowing that he's looking for monetary damages suggests that he's not involved in his own case, and in another deposition his lawyer plainly stated that the defense believe their allegedly "defamatory" comments to be true, meaning that actual malice can't apply. To say nothing of Vic repeatedly saying he thinks it's no big deal for a man in his 50s to kiss underage girls he doesn't know. :sick:
Ack, you're right, my bad. I keep forgetting that Monica Rial/FUNi/etc. are the defense in this particular case, not Vic, so his side isn't the "defense" by legal terms even if they are defending him. Law terms are confusing sometimes, especially for someone like me who usually doesn't follow this kind of thing as closely as I've been doing with this one. :crazy:

And yeah, it's pretty twisted to see Vic and his team try to defend his actions with that one. I generally don't like to post memes to sum up a situation for something as serious as all of this, but...I feel like this pretty well sums up what we're looking at at this point.

Twitter

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:57 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:12 pm Ack, you're right, my bad. I keep forgetting that Monica Rial/FUNi/etc. are the defense in this particular case, not Vic...
Well, it's like watching Elmer Fudd trying to get Bugs Bunny. He fails so miserably, it's easy to forget who's actually hunting who :lol: .

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:47 am

Bryesque wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 pm Vic not knowing that he's looking for monetary damages suggests that he's not involved in his own case,
His suit's mentioned before he's seeking a minimum of one million in damages, right? With how Rekieta and Beard roped him into a con, you'd think he'd at least recognize that.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:31 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:55 pm So, apparently Vic Stan’s think that the case is going well? Just something I noticed in an unfortunate conversation with someone who supported Vic but was not particularly engaged with the issue. I guess it means their narrative, even though false, is actually duping people into buying their nonsense.
Although I'm not following all that closely, I imagine you may find this video sheds some light on what might be going on in terms of his people somehow thinking he's "winning" even though everything being said in favour of him is nonsense.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Innuendo Studios is good shit. Probably should also watch Knowing Better.

The alt-right tactic is to always play themselves as victims, but to never seem weak. It might sound paradoxical, but that's how they roll.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 am

WARNING: In reading Monica's deposition, Nick descends into full-on rape apologism. I believe we've had sexual assault survivors post in this thread, so take heed of a probable trigger warning, cause it's not fucking pretty. (Not that you'll ever be prepared otherwise.)

Nick Rekieta is an absolute scumbag.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm

And we go from rape apologism to a video of Nick hoping Vic will lie about what happened with Jamie. Even pausing the video to beg him not to admit that he did it...and then Vic goes ahead and incriminates himself yet again :lol:

If his defamation suit wasn't doomed before, it's completely done for now. Suing for defamation with the claim that people are making up stuff and trying to ruin your reputation with lies, doesn't work if you admit the incidents actually happened. I hope any people who were giving him the benefit of the doubt now see his true colors. Of course the hardcore stans will never abandon him (like Nick, they hoped he would lie when confronted with the accusations, and have never really cared if he was guilty or not since this fight for them isn't about justice but about "sticking it to the SJWs" :roll: )
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pmEven pausing the video to beg him not to admit that he did it...and then Vic goes ahead and incriminates himself yet again :lol:
That moment when he slooooooooowly reaches for (I'm assuming) alcohol killed me. Ah, the sweet smell of schadenfreude.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm And we go from rape apologism to a video of Nick hoping Vic will lie about what happened with Jamie. Even pausing the video to beg him not to admit that he did it...and then Vic goes ahead and incriminates himself yet again :lol:
My god, that was gratifying. Nicky's pathetic pleading, Vic's stunned stupid silence, then Nicky softly shaking his head in disbelief as Vic totally admits that he did what he was accused of... and then he goes right for the booze.