Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:24 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:57 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:17 am Reminder that DB has always had characters pull abilities out of nowhere ever since the original DB. Some of them get explained afterwards and some do not.

For example, Goku learning how to read minds...and only uses it once and everyone forgets he did it. Same with Roshi.
Wait. When did Goku read someone's mind? Are you talking about when he chose not to react to Trunks swinging his sword at him? If so, I think it was more that he felt that Trunks was a good person, without any malicious intent.

Of course, the characters did start communicating telepathically at some point in Z. It was never addressed when they learned to do that, or how.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylACcnHS3i0&t=56
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:57 am
Brikikoz wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:17 am Reminder that DB has always had characters pull abilities out of nowhere ever since the original DB. Some of them get explained afterwards and some do not.

For example, Goku learning how to read minds...and only uses it once and everyone forgets he did it. Same with Roshi.
Wait. When did Goku read someone's mind? Are you talking about when he chose not to react to Trunks swinging his sword at him? If so, I think it was more that he felt that Trunks was a good person, without any malicious intent.

Of course, the characters did start communicating telepathically at some point in Z. It was never addressed when they learned to do that, or how.
Goku reads Krillin's mind when he arrives at Namek via touching his head. This is never explained and never brought up again. He likely learned it from Roshi...who read Namu's mind via distance but then never brought it up again either.

Toriyama likely did this to save time for exposition and to emphasize Goku being next level above the Ginyu squad level, building up hype for Freeza.

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-1613.html

New page is great, can't hotlink image yet.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Seemed like it was just a time saving measure, though, so Goku could get up to speed with having 50 episodes summed up to him. Not a lot of practical use for that technique. But wait, didn't Lord Slug do the same thing to Bulma when she let slip that he'd need a radar to find the Dragon Balls?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:43 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:16 pm
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Seemed like it was just a time saving measure, though, so Goku could get up to speed with having 50 episodes summed up to him. Not a lot of practical use for that technique. But wait, didn't Lord Slug do the same thing to Bulma when she let slip that he'd need a radar to find the Dragon Balls?
Maybe, then he would just be doing the ssme thing the Eldest did, when reading Krillin's mind

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:07 pm

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-1614.html

Smart move, but at the same time I hate it somehow.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Reminder that this follows canon and the beans CAN do that. Check History of Trunks for proof, Gohan says he regrets having run out.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:44 pm

Don't even have to go to History of Trunks for confirmation as Yamcha had a giant hole in his chest healed by senzu. Same with the giant hole in Goku's shoulder.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Fucking Shenanigans. :lol:

But sure, Senzu beans are so vaguely explained, that if someone wanted to, they could say "Yamcha healed a hole in a chest = Bra has Buu Levels of Regeneration on her limbs" Still bullshit though, but sure, this can be chalked up to Toriyama being vague beyond needing a heal all.

Personally, senzu beans mend, not regen. To me, Bra should hold her arm to her amputation and at that moment swallow the beans.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:21 pm

For some reason I cant shake this feeling that Bra is some what pulling a charade. She spends most of her time training with not Vegeta, Not Goku but both of them, together.. Fricken Vegetto and you mean to tell me that with all her power, even if she doesnt have full control of it all she can just be brainwashed willynilly especially when Cell is able to fight his off much like Vegeta,

Sure physical strength doesnt equate to mental strength but c'mon.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 am

I remember doing research a while back for one of my fanfics as to whether senzus could regrow limbs. In the end, I went with them not being able to, despite what Future Trunk said to Future Gohan. I felt that Trunks at that point was an unreliable source of information, as I highly doubt either he or Gohan had seen a senzu do that. Plus, there was the fact that none of the Saiyans had their tails regrown from it.

Anyway, I find my interest in DB Multiverse waning with each chapter. Stuff like a grossly unlikable, uber powerful OC (Bra) wrecking everyone around her and constantly getting herself out of trouble gets pretty tiresome.

At this point I'm only reading this because I want to see it through to the end, despite not being invested in the story anymore.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:46 pm

Senzu don't just mend. Yamcha didn't just have a hole in his chest; his internal organs were likely destroyed too. The senzu didn't just mend his outer skin but also regenerated the organs inside him.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Also why are the texts not integrated into the pictures anymore? To prevent hotlinking?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:46 pm Senzu don't just mend. Yamcha didn't just have a hole in his chest; his internal organs were likely destroyed too. The senzu didn't just mend his outer skin but also regenerated the organs inside him.
Well, that's the thing with vague writing. No set rules, anything can be said or debated, or ignored. As I see it, destroyed internal organs, and internal organs separated and/or removed from the body are two different states of being. And to me, Senzu heals the former, not the latter.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:28 am

Senzu always healed everything, and she ate like, three at the same time. I can roll with it. Specially since it proves that people on Gohan's level can harm this Bra.

They just have to survive her onslaught long enough to keep piling the damage.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:37 am

Yeah people on the site are whining and Occam's razor says gohans statement is true unless proven otherwise.

People just want to manufacture reasons to whine all entitled...

Cell was quite out of breath doing a beam that strong and got his shit wrecked immediately for it.

I wish the gohans or piccolos would fuse already.

We know how many beans left (1 or 2 each on the piccolos right?) But do we know how many beans Bra has?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:13 pm

So wait, what's a Togashi moment, now?

He sounds familiar, but, I can't quite place it. Maybe the writer of Yu Yu Hakusho & Hunter Hunter?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Yes, Yoshihiro Togashi. He tends to do those type of simple expository panels when something seems hard to follow.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:15 pm

You know, I wouldn't have understood such a complex strategy as going after the objective while the only defender is distracted without the pannel.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:15 pm You know, I wouldn't have understood such a complex strategy as going after the objective while the only defender is distracted without the pannel.
Given the typical state of comments on the Multiverse site, I'm tempted to believe if it didn't have that panel, there would in fact be a load of comments going "WTF! How did Bra not know until now? This is bullshit!"