"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:17 am Vegeta, Piccolo & Gohan: both playable & support characters.
Chiaotzu, Tien, Krillin & Yamcha: support only.

-Supports can help w/ actions based on player movements.
-Raise stats with food & battles.
-Enemies include smth like Pirate Robot at Undersea Base.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/statu ... 5629564928

Thanks to BlackKite on twitter for the translation.
So if Kuririn is support only that means the image we saw of him on Namek is not from gameplay.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm So if Kuririn is support only that means the image we saw of him on Namek is not from gameplay.
As much as I'd love a playable Kuririn, now that I think about it, much of where he's important enough to be playable in the Saiyan arc and on Namek are also times where Gohan's around as well, so they probably figure they have those story portions covered with him being playable.

I'm betting that if/when we get the Androids-through-Boo era story reveals, we'll also likely get Future Trunks as playable, and then for the Boo arc, I could see Goten and Trunks both being support only, with a playable Gotenks that is only usable if you're NOT using Goten and Trunks supports.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm
sangofe wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm So if Kuririn is support only that means the image we saw of him on Namek is not from gameplay.
As much as I'd love a playable Kuririn, now that I think about it, much of where he's important enough to be playable in the Saiyan arc and on Namek are also times where Gohan's around as well, so they probably figure they have those story portions covered with him being playable.
yeah, i think him killing the saibaimen is the only "fight" he's in during those arc where gohan isn't also fighting, and that's far from a fight.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:27 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm
yeah, i think him killing the saibaimen is the only "fight" he's in during those arc where gohan isn't also fighting, and that's far from a fight.
Yeah, Gohan and Krillin work together a lot during the Namek Arc, so that is pretty much covered. I don't think Krillin being just a support character is a bad thing.
If the Buu Arc is available like I think it will be, then I'd love to see Gohan as Saiyaman stopping Bank Robbers and such for his side quests.
Videl would be great for the fight against Spopovich, but don't think they'll bother sadly. She will be there, but likely cut scene only.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:27 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:42 am Movies were debunked but they have been saying that this is meant for the DBZ anime only and the tv specials are technically part of that. Villains will probably not be playable.
When were movies debunked?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:41 am

Why are you guys so convinced it will feature other arcs aside from saiyan and frieza? I mean, maybe the garlic jr saga, but cell onwards would require some more support fighters, like future trunks, gotenks etc, and they only specified Yamcha, Krillin, Tien and Chiaotzu. I just don´t see any evidence pointing to them withholding information or keeping other sagas a secret.

It could still happen, of course, but I think the chances of it are slim.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:39 am

anubisj wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:41 am Why are you guys so convinced it will feature other arcs aside from saiyan and frieza? I mean, maybe the garlic jr saga, but cell onwards would require some more support fighters, like future trunks, gotenks etc, and they only specified Yamcha, Krillin, Tien and Chiaotzu. I just don´t see any evidence pointing to them withholding information or keeping other sagas a secret.

It could still happen, of course, but I think the chances of it are slim.
Make what you will of this screen shot :

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am

There's also the fact that this game isn't due out until a good ways from now, so there's still plenty of time for them to reveal/confirm such things. And again, when you really sit down and think about it, they've pretty much got the largest, most integral plot points covered with the characters listed so far, with the only real additions they'll need to make being a playable Future Trunks for the Androids/Cell arc, and a playable Gotenks for the Majin Boo arc (with hopefully separate Goten and Trunks as support characters at least).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:53 am

Based off that screenshot, it has to be the whole Z man. Lol, well before the 10 years later portion of Z.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:20 am

Yeah, that's Goku's Android-to-Boo outfit.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 am

Just because of an outfit? I mean, it might just be an extra costume or something.

I still think the chances are remote. if they covered more sagas, they would have told us by now. What´s the point of keeping it secret?

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:08 am

Because of marketing man.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:58 pm

anubisj wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 am Just because of an outfit? I mean, it might just be an extra costume or something.

I still think the chances are remote. if they covered more sagas, they would have told us by now. What´s the point of keeping it secret?
Revealing each saga with a separate trailer is more hype :thumbup:

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:27 pm

anubisj wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 am Just because of an outfit? I mean, it might just be an extra costume or something.

That's marketing for you. If they give all details up front, then there's less reason for people to be listening out for more info.
They want us hanging on their every press release.
This will cover all arcs, I'm positive of that.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:37 pm

This is a personal choice, but why buy a game that does not even cover Raditz to Buu? just to go fishing with Goku and chat with Android 8?
That would be a huge regression considering the recent games keep giving us fresh characters like Ribrianne, Jiren, SSGod, and also is what we are expecting. Ending it in Namek'd be lackluster at best.

If people already are tired of the same ol Raditz to Buu deal, Raditz to Freeza would be such a waste of everybody's time. I believe Bandai knows better, and they are calling it the most immersive Z game ever, if that isn't hinting we'll get the whole show, then IDK.

And we shouldn't forget that the game is not due till another six months! I'd be worried if the game was coming out next month.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:43 pm

If it does cover from saiyan to buu, then it´s a must buy for me. I´ve always dreamt about dragon ball + open world, and covering all of z? Plus potential for dlcs/expansions set in movies, original db, gt, super? Plus potentially moddable? Jesus, it would be my wallet´s big nemesis.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 am

donkeyjack wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:53 am Based off that screenshot, it has to be the whole Z man. Lol, well before the 10 years later portion of Z.
It could still stop after Cell.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:33 am

sangofe wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 am
donkeyjack wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:53 am Based off that screenshot, it has to be the whole Z man. Lol, well before the 10 years later portion of Z.
It could still stop after Cell.
Why, Cell? I want my Fusion, SSJ3 and Ultimate Gohan.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 am

MainJPW wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm New screens:

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1152838530550259712
Weird.. the background stages feel like from PS2 era.. Why so angular? I know that CC2 can do way better.